1. Post #3241
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,073 Posts
    Kinda wish that american tank with the shit ton of tubes ontop was in the game as an spg

Edited:

For T50's to ramp off.
    VK4502(P)s could work well for T2 light ramps

Imagine roof / mountain scouting with the T2 light
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3242
    Anyone know if you need the turret for the 90 mm on the slugger?
    get the second turret though, ROF upgrade with it IIRC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #3243
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    651 Posts
    God damn it, just finished a game where my whole fucking team rushed of following this AMX 50B on our team down one flank, ofcourse they get stopped right in their tracks by a couple of their tanks, and what does the AMX waste his orbital cannon-like firepower on? an ARL-44 at 50% health and then he dies, on the other side we are getting our asses handed to us by 2 E-75's and an IS-7. And you would think reaching tier 10 would teach you a thing or two about target prioritization and in general a know-how where the fuck your supposed to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

4. Post #3244
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,293 Posts
    Why would I even buy the turret on the Pz3/4?
    It's worse than the original, but weighs a little less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3245
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,584 Posts
    And you would think reaching tier 10 would teach you a thing or two about target prioritization and in general a know-how where the fuck your supposed to be.
    Nope.

Edited:

Why would I even buy the turret on the Pz3/4?
    It's worse than the original, but weighs a little less.
    Looks cooler.

6. Post #3246
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    You know your team is shit when you need to tell them that the IS-7, T54, Batchat, and AMX 13 90 need to be defended against.

And then you know they're twice as shit when a t30, IS-7, Tiger P, and an IS-3 cant kill the batchat and t54.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #3247
    February 2010
    3,119 Posts
    Modules: Don't bother buying them till tier 7-8 unless you have gold to transfer them.
    I agree with this in general, but there are some lower tier tanks like the Easy 8 that I absolutely adore and would never sell. Those tanks are fully kitted out with stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3248
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,674 Posts
    Info out on M103 and T110

Google translated.

Purpose: Testing equipment for suitability for use in combat

Test object: Heavy Tank Level 9 M103.

During the tests, it was revealed:

Pros:
    - High speed rotation of the tower
    - High maneuverability
    - Rounded shape of the tower and hull

Cons:
    - The presence of "Zamanov" (weakspot?) at the tower
    - Book low sides and stern
    - A large number of vulnerabilities on the Tower.

The opinion of the tester:
    The long-awaited replacement of U.S. CT level 9, T34.
    Like all Americans, it has excellent maneuverability and speed of rotation of the tower. Firefly swirl it is almost impossible, but very easy to get away from it. The speed with insufficient M103 - about 35 km / h
    Armor has a small thickness for the HT level 9, but thanks to the slopes and rounded shape of hull and turret, the shells will often ricochet.
    Although enemy shell ricochet - it is good, it can turn against us. The fact is that because of the shape of the tower, with its base formed shell trap for shells.
    Another distinctive feature of the M103 - the accurate gun, possessing a great penetration.

The tactics of the battle is similar to the ex-TT9, T34: hide the body and enter into a clinch with the enemy, in order to force him to shoot the front of heavily protected tower. I want to remind that the tactic "ololo" rush for the tank is not suitable, because He quickly turned into a pile of scrap iron
    During the tests, it was revealed:
    Pros:
    - High accuracy
    - Excellent maneuverability and speed of rotation of the tower
    - High turret front armor

Cons:
    - The presence of vulnerabilities on the Tower
    - Low armor sides and back

The opinion of the tester:
    Another change in the American branch of the TT. Is the designation T110E5. For the rank and file players such name does not matter much. This is the first time.
    We have great armor under severe bending, precision instrument, and high maneuverability.
    It's a Patton-overgrown: a fat, fat, arrogant, and accurate.
    The gun fires very quickly and the shells are often required us to fly in space (wat). T30 fans grieve - for 700-800 HP damage we are not destined to see. Now it is a regular HT10, albeit a very good one.
    The rate of fire is slightly higher than that of its predecessor, the M103. Maneuverability is one of the best of tier 9-10.
    The tower is not only a powerful armor forehead and sides, but also a very large machine gun turret, which will all be penetrating.
    LC tank is 36 rounds: BB, PF, and the COP.
    The tank is a worthy replacement T30 (transferred to the class of TD). Suppose he does not have huge damage, but it does not mean that he can not fend for themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #3249
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,305 Posts
    Okey, okey should i use HE or AP with the kV trollcannon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #3250
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,674 Posts
    Okey, okey should i use HE or AP with the kV trollcannon?
    HE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3251
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,622 Posts
    Which is the trollcannon again, 152?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3252
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,584 Posts
    Trollcannon refers to the Facepunch-specific neologism attributed to the high caliber, low velocity howitzer-type weapons available on certain tanks. These were made to fire larger HE shells. Technically the 122mm for the KV1 is a trollcannon, but the 152mm is the titular one.

Another name for these weapons are "derp guns", created by the World of Tanks community. It's use in this thread, however, is a source of contention amongst the community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative x 3Agree x 2Useful x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3253
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,622 Posts
    Should I get the 122 to help me get exp for the 107/152 and the KV3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #3254
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,674 Posts
    Should I get the 122 to help me get exp for the 107/152 and the KV3?
    Yes. 122 with the stock turret, grind exp to the big turret + 152 and once you got both, switch at the same time. Don't ever use anything else than the 107/152 with the big box turret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #3255
    March 2011
    4,931 Posts
    Yes. 122 with the stock turret, grind exp to the big turret + 152 and once you got both, switch at the same time. Don't ever use anything else than the 107/152 with the big box turret.
    People using short 76mm with the KV-2 turret. *shudders*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3256
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,622 Posts
    Eh did some math, with the first win of the day in a few hours, plus the same on my elite marder, I should have enough to directly go for the 152
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

17. Post #3257
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,352 Posts
    AMX 40 grind wasn't as bad when all the new frenchies were coming out so all you saw in low tiers was fields of frenchies

but now that the server has repopulated with tanks that have enough HP to suck up your shots but enough penetration to go through your armor it's kind of rendered useless
    Actually, despite the AMX 40's short-comings I've managed to one-shot a fair number of tanks when I had it.

18. Post #3258
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Komarin Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:30:41 PM
    Vehicle: Lwe
    Experience received: 260 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 23,400
    I am angry.

All the mediums on our team rushed their cap leaving my slow Lowe in the dust, and there were 0 enemies defending. We won in like 45 seconds. What a waste of my daily double. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3259
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,674 Posts
    Managed to get my 5x for the AMX 90 just in time, only 3 minutes before the first battle of the day reset.
    Victory!
    Battle: Siegfried Line Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:49:46 AM
    Vehicle: AMX 13 90
    Experience received: 8,885 (x5 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 34,048
    Enemy T30 was a pro who turned his turret but not his hull while I circled him in the open. Netted nice exp from him (and that's not counting the jagdtiger, IS3 and T34 which I raped too)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #3260
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts

Too bad I'm not getting this 5x you all are though

Edited:

PzKpfw III Ausf. A is an amazing tank, I don't remember it ever being that good.

21. Post #3261
    December 2009
    2,477 Posts

Now I can finally rest in peace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #3262
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    you know dicerolls are shit when you roll over a hill with no hp and a lowe that should have been able to oneshot you brings you down to 2hp (on t32) and then you shoot him and win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3263
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    651 Posts

That whole time i was imagining a scene where some one with downs is walking around calling other people retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #3264
    you know dicerolls are shit when you roll over a hill with no hp and a lowe that should have been able to oneshot you brings you down to 2hp (on t32) and then you shoot him and win
    Shit dicerolls were trolling me yesterday. my 152 BL-10 shell got 0dmg'critd by an IS-4's radio or view port, or something, he then shot my track cover and killed me. This game man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #3265
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,293 Posts
    Why are people so dumb?
    I was rolling past an enemy Lwe that was fighting a Panther 2 in my Pz3/4, suddenly the Lwe turns around, kills me, and then dies to the Panther 2 because he thought it was more important to kill me, than to kill the Panther 2 and live.

Edited:

I am convinced that Lwe player got the money for the Lwe by selling parts of his brain to some organ dealers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #3266
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    Why are people so dumb?
    I was rolling past an enemy Lwe that was fighting a Panther 2 in my Pz3/4, suddenly the Lwe turns around, kills me, and then dies to the Panther 2 because he thought it was more important to kill me, than to kill the Panther 2 and live.

Edited:

I am convinced that Lwe player got the money for the Lwe by selling parts of his brain to some organ dealers.
    gotta keep up that kdr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #3267
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,352 Posts
    Why are people so dumb?

Edited:

Did something similar to an IS-something-or-other the other day. He was tying up like 4 of our tanks, so I in my Machine-34 ran around him drawing his attention. Because fuck those 2 Heavies, a TD and a VK medium just around the bend, there's a T-34 to shoot!
    He didn't kill me though, strangely. I was actually able to circle back around and finish him off when he forgot about me.

28. Post #3268
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,073 Posts
    Speaking of no-damage crits, how is it even possible to penetrate the driver's viewport of a PzIV with a BL-9... for no damage

Does the driver eat the high-velocity 122mm shell or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #3269
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,674 Posts
    Speaking of no-damage crits, how is it even possible to penetrate the driver's viewport of a PzIV with a BL-9... for no damage

Does the driver eat the high-velocity 122mm shell or something
    Known bug, shells that enter through the driver's vision slit have a fair chance of being eaten up by the driver. Apparently needs rework of every single tank hitbox to fix it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 3 (list)

30. Post #3270
    November 2009
    2,033 Posts
    Known bug, shells that enter through the driver's vision slit have a fair chance of being eaten up by the driver. Apparently needs rework of every single tank hitbox to fix it
    Delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3271
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    So the fix will come in... 15 years then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #3272
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,352 Posts
    Oh come on, be optimistic.
    4 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #3273
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,965 Posts
    Classic Wargaming.

34. Post #3274
    November 2010
    5,528 Posts
    They'll fix it at the same time they'll add the secondary USSR TD line

Never   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #3275
    October 2007
    2,001 Posts
    Classic Wargaming.
    It is kinda funny watching my driver sacrifice himself in my IS-4 to absorb all of the BL-10 shell I just took through the viewport with his titanium face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #3276
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    If I get into the global alpha for world of warplanes I'm probably going to quit this game for a while.

Unless they have sky arty or invisible planes then it will be like a tenth as stressful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #3277
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,482 Posts
    I wanna get in too, but I dunno about actually playing it.

38. Post #3278
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,062 Posts
    I fucking LOVE getting 1500 exp on daily double on my AMX 13 90, which is the tank I am most seriously progressing.

Edited:

No, wait, that was KV-2, got 3400 on the AMX 90.

At least something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

39. Post #3279
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    22,920 Posts
    I didn't realize the US gets the 2x exp thing until now. I thought that was only for the Europeans?

40. Post #3280
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,679 Posts
    I didn't realize the US gets the 2x exp thing until now. I thought that was only for the Europeans?
    everybody gets daily double
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)