1. Post #3401
    April 2011
    3,187 Posts
    I think the most desired fix in the game for a non-technical feature is the Last Breath fix. Then again, the Last Breath holds the issue where if they fix it, there is definitely no room in that damn thing for the Pyro to actually have a head inside.

Oh crap. Unintentional page king. Uh....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    They'd have to change the skeleton of the FaN if they want to fit it with the shotgun animations.
    Or give the Engineer new animations so the reload and stuff fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

3. Post #3403
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,118 Posts
    This. Is. A. Terrible. Idea.
    You're a terrible idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3404
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,208 Posts
    They could do a multi-day update on Thursdays if they wanted to, like, it could go Thursday, Friday, then a break for the weekends and then the last three days, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Welp, the Australian Christmas was 2 days (3 if you count Wednesday's Comic) and it was a Major content update, but if they're gonna release something as big as this long rumored new game mode and the last Meet the Team short, I'm expecting it in the Über Update like-form.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

5. Post #3405
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    They'd have to change the skeleton of the FaN if they want to fit it with the shotgun animations.
    no, that's the beauty of this idea

they can take that one double barreled shotgun someone made that uses the regular Shotgun animations, and use THAT with the FAN stats.

No need for new anims for Engy and he can have an identical weapon as the FAN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #3406
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,043 Posts
    I go for Svdl's set, though I love BANG's set aswell.
    Thing is that a medieval inspired Stickylauncher has more I like about it than a modern(-ish) Stickylauncher.
    Now imagine if that sticky launcher was added to medieval mode. :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #3407
    April 2011
    5,339 Posts
    They could do a multi-day update on Thursdays if they wanted to, like, it could go Thursday, Friday, then a break for the weekends and then the last three days, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Or update during the weekend like they did with sniper vs spy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    no, that's the beauty of this idea

they can take that one double barreled shotgun someone made that uses the regular Shotgun animations, and use THAT with the FAN stats.

No need for new anims for Engy and he can have an identical weapon as the FAN.
    Oh right, Batandy's (was it even him? I suck at remembering names) sexy as fuck double barrel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3409
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts
    Now imagine if that sticky launcher was added to medieval mode. :V
    No. Just no. Svdl specifically stated that it's just a medieval-ish sticky launcher. Not meant for medieval modw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

10. Post #3410
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,043 Posts
    'twas but a joke my good sire.

anyways I need to make content for this post so I'll say it again: the new battle of gettysburg game with steampunk's gonna get some promos eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #3411
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    eww that game is apparently awful, but the creator is working really hard to fix it (sort of)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3412
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I'd love the Winger and (INB4 Shitstorm) the Force-a-Nature for Engineer.
    Holy shit, force a nature for the engie and pyro would be amazing.

Would make a nice alternative to wrangler jumping and detonator jumping at the cost of shorter clip/no fire damage.

I really want it now that you've mentioned it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3413
    November 2010
    660 Posts
    eww that game is apparently awful, but the creator is working really hard to fix it (sort of)
    Sounds like it was pushed out too soon, pretty great achievement for one guy by himself though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #3414
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    Sounds liek it was pushed out too soon, pretty great achievement for one guy by himself though.
    Paradox gave him a deadline well before he could actually finish the game, he had to ship it RIGHT NOW even if it wasn't done.

Which is really bad for business. I'm not sure why Paradox would send a game to die rather than just waiting a few months and having the game actually work and probably making some money from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3415
    September 2010
    1,083 Posts
    Hello everybody. I'm sort of new to this whole, contacting the TF2 team thing. I've sent an email to both Robin and Gabe over the time of 2 months, and as I look back on it now, they were probably not the two to contact.
    To be honest, getting a response from Valve is more or less a crapshoot. Heaven knows they must get hundreds of emails a week, and often don't have time or inclination to answer them. I've contacted several people in the past, but I usually have the most consistent luck getting a reply back when I email Brandon Reinhart.

Unfortunately, your request sounds like the type of email they ignore most often. Things like that often force them into awkward corners of predicting release dates and future plans, two topics they avoid like the plague.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

16. Post #3416
    November 2010
    660 Posts
    Paradox gave him a deadline well before he could actually finish the game, he had to ship it RIGHT NOW even if it wasn't done.

Which is really bad for business. I'm not sure why Paradox would send a game to die rather than just waiting a few months and having the game actually work and probably making some money from it.
    I'll probably pick it up at a later date after the steam worshop stuff is done anyway.

17. Post #3417
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    I've gotten exactly one email back from the TF2 team (I've sent maybe a dozen), but they've fixed bugs I've sent to them within a few weeks, so I know they do read them.

And the reply was something I needed a reply for... but then they never replied to the reply I gave back >_>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #3418
    November 2010
    970 Posts

what is with paradox and pushing unfinished games? First sword of the stars 2, now gettysberg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #3419
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,456 Posts
    They're really variable with who they respond to and when.

I've gotten replies for menial things and had no reply for important things, and I've had the inverse where little things get ignored and big things are responded to.

It's like a roulette. Having a way to contact them directly instead of e-mail probably helps greatly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #3420
    May 2011
    134 Posts
    Ah, well thanks for the responses. Maybe one day I can use that cigarette vending machine in my map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #3421
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts
    so what possible heavy items today?

can only think of castro-beard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #3422
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,907 Posts
    How about a totally swag pipe!?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3423
    May 2011
    6,202 Posts
    How about a totally swag pipe!?

if it's gonna be a pipe, I want that Sea Captain Demo set.
    it's one of the best things in the workshop as of late.

24. Post #3424
    May 2011
    566 Posts
    steam servers and loadout down since 30 min
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

25. Post #3425
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,162 Posts
    They should add that bane inspired heavy item.

That'd be neat.

26. Post #3426
    GLH
    July 2011
    661 Posts
    Thread music?

Ok, I just looked up if there actually was a song with that title, I didn't even listen to it   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #3427
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,018 Posts
    I had a love/hate relationship with the Uber update because of that.
    I had a hate/hate relationship with the uber update because of no new medic lines and lack of styles that Pie promised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #3428
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    9,987 Posts
    Mr. Downes has such a sexy voice and we only hot a new "thanks" line and something. A shame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3429
    April 2011
    5,339 Posts
    Mr. Downes has such a sexy voice and we only hot a new "thanks" line and something. A shame.
    We only got the shaudenfreude laugh.
    That's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3430
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,208 Posts
    That's it.
    A shame, considering that he had them at the studio in order to record the MtM lines, shouldn't they use that opportunity to get new medic lines since he's the only class lacking of new ones?

Also, every Thursday is the night, but will tonight THE night? *winkwink*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #3431
    January 2010
    3,145 Posts
    Maybe it's just my selfish self wanting to try the Family Business on Engineer, since it seems like that would be a much better match for those stats than Heavy.

Actually, having been using the Shotgun on Pyro lately, having those extra finisher shots would be amazing. The damage loss is... minor, if you're using it primarily for finishing off people.

But the FB has really bad clipping on those classes, and it has Russian stuff on it and really has little to do with Engy or Pyro. And there's tons of great shotguns on the workshop, some of which aren't even parts of sets.

Would be awesome if it was remade to be a little closer to the concept though.

32. Post #3432
    The Pain Train's a-comin! Woo woo!
    August 2010
    1,091 Posts
    That's it.
    Schadenfreude laugh was present in game since launch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,765 Posts
    Schadenfreude laugh was present in game since launch.
    Pyro was the only one who got new lines for laughing in that update, which is odd unless the VA for Spy and Pyro was in for other stuff. (Meet the Pyro?)

He even did lines for High-Fives, which only about 20% of the lines are actually used. But again, same VA.

Medic got jack shit, though. A shame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3434

Would be awesome if it was remade to be a little closer to the concept though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 9Agree x 2Artistic x 1Useful x 1Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    April 2011
    869 Posts

Good ol' times with Abe..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #3436
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    I like for Engineer's laugh they just spliced a bunch of unused coughs and chuckles together and called it a day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #3437
    April 2011
    5,339 Posts
    I like for Engineer's laugh they just spliced a bunch of unused coughs and chuckles together and called it a day
    They did? I thought it was a completely new voice line.

38. Post #3438
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    Engineer has had 2 or 3 dry caughy chuckles in-game since forever. They just took all three and combined them into one line by blending them and timing them right.

I think they did that for everyone except Pyro (since he doesn't have any laughs they could reasonably use).

For Spy you can even hear the second half of his laugh (with the snort) it's one of his "kill a large amount of people in a short time" lines. Soldier too, I think the same response criteria.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3439
    April 2011
    5,339 Posts
    I know the spy's always been reused. I love the snort laugh.

40. Post #3440
    September 2010
    1,083 Posts
    Valve should use this cobbling method to make some cheap Medic domination lines then.

"Schweinhund, ZAT was FOOLYCHARGED mittelschmerz hurting! *Happy laugh* HYAAAA! ..... Zsank you!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)