1. Post #5081
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,246 Posts
    Ready for another week of disappointment?
    I'm ready for something but disappointment isn't it.

I have a test later today, during prime update hours ;~;   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #5082
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Stop posting in this thread.

For weeks all you've been doing is whining at valve.

We got it. Your deception is huge and your expectations are way too high. But we're not valve, dude. If you want to talk to valve, mail them or take it to SPUF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5083
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,246 Posts
    I'll put it this way, would you rather have something released early but in a state that is not even presentable or would you rather have something delayed but refined?

This is Valve, they are notorious for delaying things and we get better products as a result. Now calm your tits and play nice with all the good girls and boys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #5084
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts
    Stop posting in this thread.

For weeks all you've been doing is whining at valve.

We got it. Your deception is huge and your expectations are way too high. But we're not valve, dude. If you want to talk to valve, mail them or take it to SPUF.
    >All I've been doing
    Nope.

And hell, fuck it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5085
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    [...]delayed but refined?

This is Valve, they are notorious for delaying things and we get better products as a result.[...]

Your argument is invalid!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5086
    k2.
    July 2011
    815 Posts
    i hope if valve takes a collection from the workshop that isnt made by the creator('s) that they just give the person a random hat and a pat on the back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #5087
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts
    I would still really like to see a style for the Waxy Wayfinder without smoke. Seems like it would work better with unusual effects and is more discrete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #5088
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,567 Posts
    The Wayfinder already has an unused style that let you paint the flame.
    That seems like it'd be a cool style to implement quickly (along with a few other hats with easy to implement styles)

But anyway, here's a sad thought. Heavy and Soldier both have holding stuff animations.
    What if the new mode isn't raid mode, but is a mode where you have to carry stuff

Even worse, what if this mode is god awful boring.

9. Post #5089
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    2,951 Posts
    That seems like it'd be a cool style to implement quickly (along with a few other hats with easy to implement styles)

But anyway, here's a sad thought. Heavy and Soldier both have holding stuff animations.
    What if the new mode isn't raid mode, but is a mode where you have to carry stuff

Carry Things: The Gamemode

When you're carrying an object, you're slowed down to 1%.
    You need to carry 50 things to win.
    You need to carry them far.
    The enemy team can kill you with one shot which means that you have to start all over again, even if you had 49 points.

Fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #5090
    January 2010
    3,143 Posts
    Carrying animations remind me of that "ob_"/"oil baron" gamemode suggested on spuf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #5091
    November 2010
    882 Posts
    Carry Things: The Gamemode

When you're carrying an object, you're slowed down to 1%.
    You need to carry 50 things to win.
    You need to carry them far.
    The enemy team can kill you with one shot which means that you have to start all over again, even if you had 49 points.

Fun!
    Its just like release night of the engineer update. On convoy we had races to see who could haul their sentry around the map the quickest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #5092
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,246 Posts

Your argument is invalid!
    Here's an interesting theory to get the discussion going:

The TF team intentionally lined up content to be released periodically throughout the first quarter of 2012 as a way to keep the TF community satisfied while the bulk of the team (potentially even pooling staff from the other Valve teams) instead focuses on something big behind the scenes.

This theory is supported by the Cozy Camper's alleged intentional delay for testing; there is no way in hell that it legitimately took 4 months to think of stats and test that thing if they managed to churn out unique stats for the Holiday Punch, Spy-Cicle, and Wrap Battler in less than 2 weeks.
    Statement remains valid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #5093
    December 2010
    16,567 Posts
    but we know for a fact the Cozy Camper was not held back to stretch content out
    For Christmas the TF Team had a very real and not flexible deadline to meet. They could not go and delay an update died to a real life date. I don't think the Camper was alone either, I think there were probably a handful of non-holiday weapons meant for release. What makes me think this is because there's a few hats from the update not related to the holidays, and yet every weapon is very explicitly related.

This is why I don't believe they are actually stretching content like that. And also many of the weekly workshop items were submitted after the last major update anyway.

14. Post #5094
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts

It could take a seat right next to ctf.
    Okay, ctf isn't boring, but god awful for all those Engineers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5095
    April 2007
    989 Posts

it can't be worse than arena or payload race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #5096
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Also, paintable flame?
    God damn, that would be an item that looks good in pink with both styles.

What is this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

17. Post #5097
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts

The Worth the Weight game mode. You help Ms. Pauling move into her new apartment, and the winning team gets a kiss. Coming in 2012 to the Nintendo Wii U.

For Christmas the TF Team had a very real and not flexible deadline to meet. They could not go and delay an update died to a real life date. I don't think the Camper was alone either, I think there were probably a handful of non-holiday weapons meant for release. What makes me think this is because there's a few hats from the update not related to the holidays, and yet every weapon is very explicitly related.

This is why I don't believe they are actually stretching content like that. And also many of the weekly workshop items were submitted after the last major update anyway.
    So you're saying the trick to getting more updates is to pass internationally recognized federal TF2 update holidays?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #5098
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,246 Posts

Ned, you remember that it's harder to code attributes for a weapon than to add a hat.

Even if they didn't line items up explicitly, there's still evidence supporting the theory of them having planned these weekly supplements ahead of time so that there isn't an astounding amount of programming required, allowing a bulk of their programmers to focus on something big behind the scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #5099
    December 2010
    16,567 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...69&searchtext=

hasn't this been worked on for... like years? It was one of the polycount entries, so it's that old
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73645

Just kind of appeared on the workshop today
    how mysterious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #5100
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,904 Posts

hasn't this been worked on for... like years? It was one of the polycount entries, so it's that old

how mysterious
    Yeah, I noticed it was uploaded when I uploaded my remade sandals, was pretty happy it had an actual submission now, hopefully 10 year olds won't bother to try and steal it anymore.

21. Post #5101
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,246 Posts

how mysterious

Looks like we've got another mystery on our hands, gang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #5102
    November 2010
    882 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5103
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts

how mysterious
    Not really. The Medi Gun is the only bit of the pack that would have a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, and even it makes me twitch a bit.

This really bugs me. If you're designing a weapon, design it where it looks like the weight works. Don't have a glass tube and wire mesh supporting heavy steel. Don't have a massive amount of weight on a tiny grip where the person holding it could never keep the nose up.

I hate to be the wet blanket. I really do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #5104
    December 2010
    16,567 Posts
    there's no mistaking that medigun from a distance though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #5105
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,021 Posts

how mysterious
    I don't like it at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #5106
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    9,387 Posts
    HERE COMES THE CLOVERNOODLE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #5107
    December 2011
    203 Posts
    there's no mistaking that medigun from a distance though
    Especially as it has 7000 tris from mid-range
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #5108
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts
    If this doesn't get in, I am writing a very nasty letter.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=1548
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5109
    May 2011
    4,860 Posts
    HERE COMES THE CLOVERNOODLE
    RIGHT ON TIME, MOTHERFUCKERS

GOD I WANT THAT CHAINSAW HNNNGGH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #5110
    April 2011
    125 Posts
    I never liked the Kralle. To me it seemed more like the guy way trying to show off how good he was at modeling instead of making something that is actually decent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #5111
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,365 Posts

looks too much like the phlog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5112
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts
    looks too much like the phlog
    How?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #5113
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,512 Posts
    It looks nothing like the phlog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #5114
    May 2011
    5,928 Posts

how mysterious
    The Syringe Gun is passable, the Medigun is pretty cool, and that Saw is honestly one of the worst things I have ever seen on the workshop (disregarding the crayon drawings and "HEUHEU SPY HAZ ANONYMOOS FAEC" shit).

35. Post #5115
    December 2010
    16,567 Posts

Something about the smoothing seems off to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #5116
    tso
    May 2011
    1,158 Posts
    i guess the front bit kiinda does..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #5117
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #5118
    April 2011
    2,946 Posts
    Hmm. Is it just me or is the detonation on the detonator a bit... buggy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5119
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    I want an update tonight. I'm F5ing the blog now.

Edited:

242 new strings for: games/csgo/sfui_english.txt
    HOLY SHIT GUYS

I can't believe it's not TF2!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events

40. Post #5120
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,922 Posts
    csgo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)