1. Post #5241
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    756 Posts
    Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released
    April 17, 2012 - TF2 Team

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
    Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
    Fixed server crash exploit related to audio buffer overruns
    Fixed server crash caused by using changelevel2
    Updated console logging system to minimize opening and closing of files, greatly improving performance under certain conditions
    Additional improvements for client/server stability
    Team Fortress 2
    Added the Texas Half-Pants and the Bolt Action Blitzer
    Updated the Teufort Tooth Kicker so it can also be equipped by the Engineer
    Updated the Scrap Pack so it can now be crafted, gift-wrapped, and traded
    Updated the Short Circuit
    Fixed projectiles not being cleared if they were blocked by buildings or other projectiles
    Fixed not incrementing the "How the Pests Was Gunned" achievement for destroyed stickies
    Fixed being able to place buildings in nobuild zones
    Fixed Red team Pyros being able to grief teammates by attacking them with the flamethrower and then switching to team Spectator during the attack
    Added the ability to remove Strange parts via the Restore button in the backpack
    Added the ability to reset scores on Strange items via the Restore button in the backpack
    Crates now display their series number in the backpack view
    Added new "tf_hud_no_crosshair_on_scope_zoom" to the Advanced Options menu
    Fixed using the "inspect" command to Spy-check teammates
    Fixed the Bazaar Bargain increasing its head count while shooting at ‹berCharged enemies
    Fixed defense buffs reducing crush and telefrag damage
    Fixed a bug that would cause Medics to reduce the health of heal targets if the target had earned more health than their normally allowed max overheal
    The Cozy Camper’s description now correctly reflects the actual speed reduction while scoped and is now applied correctly when using the Huntsman (speed for the other rifles remains unchanged)
    Add the object entindex to the object_deflected game event
    本地化檔案已更新
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #5242
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,413 Posts
    Code:
    Added the Texas Half-Pants and the Bolt Action Blitzer
    Updated the Teufort Tooth Kicker so it can also be equipped by the Engineer
    Updated the Scrap Pack so it can now be crafted, gift-wrapped, and traded
    Updated the Short Circuit
    Fixed projectiles not being cleared if they were blocked by buildings or other projectiles
    Fixed not incrementing the "How the Pests Was Gunned" achievement for destroyed stickies
    Fixed being able to place buildings in nobuild zones
    Fixed Red team Pyros being able to grief teammates by attacking them with the flamethrower and then switching to team Spectator during the attack
    Added the ability to remove Strange parts via the Restore button in the backpack
    Added the ability to reset scores on Strange items via the Restore button in the backpack
    Crates now display their series number in the backpack view
    Added new "tf_hud_no_crosshair_on_scope_zoom" to the Advanced Options menu
    Fixed using the "inspect" command to Spy-check teammates
    Fixed the Bazaar Bargain increasing its head count while shooting at ‹berCharged enemies
    Fixed defense buffs reducing crush and telefrag damage
    Fixed a bug that would cause Medics to reduce the health of heal targets if the target had earned more health than their normally allowed max overheal
    The Cozy Camper’s description now correctly reflects the actual speed reduction while scoped and is now applied correctly when using the Huntsman (speed for the other rifles remains unchanged)
    Add the object entindex to the object_deflected game event
    本地化檔案已更新
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

3. Post #5243
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,773 Posts
    The Spy-cicle thing was an after-thought that made me chuckle. And it simply frustrates me. If I was really butthurt about it, I'd run someone down with my car.
    Well you are complaining about it like an utter retard while you are wrong and doing a poor job as a Pyro, get better, and even if you do the Spy-cicle is not anything near OP, so don't complain about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #5244
    May 2011
    5,275 Posts
    TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
    THEY ALWAYS HAVE AN IN-GAME UPDATE THE DAY THEY ANNOUNCE A MAJOR UPDATE
    AAAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #5245
    April 2011
    3,389 Posts
    jesus christ can you stop whining so much

the pyro is fine, you just don't have any skill whatsoever with him

Spycicle is fine too, you're just too fucking mad that someone dominated you with it
    No. I'm mad because I've seen spies use their survivability tools to fuck with 3+ engineers in such a way that they could neither kill him or reach their buildings to unsap them. Pyro is a support class. It isn't domination that gets my goat. It's when I'm unable to do my job due to broken additions to the game.

EDIT: Jesus. I can't even post a thought that made me chuckle without people tearing open something I've been trying not to start up again. You do this to yourself, you foronic maggots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

6. Post #5246
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    - Added the ability to reset scores on Strange items via the Restore button in the backpack

I will be so paranoid now

- Fixed using the "inspect" command to Spy-check teammates

fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #5247
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,653 Posts
    cant connect to the item server, anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #5248
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    umm

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #5249
    December 2011
    68 Posts
    From TF2R chat (Not mine)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

10. Post #5250
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,058 Posts
    Oh god, no...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #5251
    May 2011
    566 Posts
    so anyone know what is that bolt action blitzer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

12. Post #5252
    December 2011
    68 Posts
    http://optf2.com/tf2/item/756

That is the bolt action blitzer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #5253
    August 2009
    2,145 Posts
    Those pants look kind of gay (remind me too much of YMCA) but I'm glad Engie finally got those cowboy boots. I might get those now.

EDIT:

An all class Football helmet? Sounds like a promo item to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #5254
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,653 Posts
    http://optf2.com/tf2/item/756

That is the bolt action blitzer
    it's not too bad, but it should just be a style for the football helmet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5255
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    Congrats to the guy who made the chaps. Truly better than what we did and well deserved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Aruba Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5256
    July 2010
    1,662 Posts
    Congrats to the guy who made the chaps. Truly better than what we did and well deserved.
    When I read this I felt this monstrous feeling of hate and malice dripping with insanity.
    I hate chaps.

I'm keeping this comment up as a badge of my ignorance, I wear it shamefully and it does not match my hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5257
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    When I read this I felt this monstrous feeling of hate and malice dripping with insanity.
    I hate chaps.
    My comment is genuine and sincere. If this is the same mike in polycount then it's truly earned since he was modeling for a while now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Aruba Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

18. Post #5258
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,690 Posts
    My comment is genuine and sincere. If this is the same mike in polycount then it's truly earned since he was modeling for a while now.
    It's the same guy.

Edited:

I did some snooping around his steam profile and signs point to yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #5259
    May 2011
    6,631 Posts
    Ugh, I hate conundrums...
    I want the Chaps, Tooth-Kickers, and even the Blitzer...
    I don't feel like buying them (it'd surely be over $20 and I'm trying to budget myself, already preordered some Legos and an Alien figure from NECA) and I have NOTHING to trade for them.

And even if I DID have the Chaps and Tooth-Kickers?
    I couldn't have the loadout I truly want.
    It's impossible to equip the Chaps, Spurs, AND Tooth-Kickers (and even then, I'm sacrificing my Freelance Police Badge), even if they changed it to "equip any 3 non-conflicting cosmetic items" (I wouldn't be able to equip my    Hot Pink    Ten Gallon).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #5260
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    why make a cowboy "set" when you can't even equip them all? :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #5261
    February 2012
    35 Posts
    My instant question is why Tuesday and not Thursday? Is this stuff from last week and they just forgot to implement it because it needed more testing? Also thank the heavens they fixed those server exploits because they were dreadful. Iím amazed no one else has experienced them but our servers did for a bit (before we banned the people who were doing it).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #5262
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    My instant question is why Tuesday and not Thursday? Is this stuff from last week and they just forgot to implement it because it needed more testing? Also thank the heavens they fixed those server exploits because they were dreadful. I’m amazed no one else has experienced them but our servers did for a bit (before we banned the people who were doing it).
    I didn't even know that pyro thing existed tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

23. Post #5263
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,038 Posts
    Maybe...

maybe thursday's the blog post night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #5264
    August 2009
    2,145 Posts
    I don't think anything Major will happen this month. Let me put on my tinfoil hat again:

Also: The letter 13 is above the 1961 in the secret room. The letter M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, and only 2 months start with M...and March is already over.

Also: 1961 = 1 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 17

May 17th = Thursday

I genuinely think SOMETHING will go down on May 17th. Hopefully something will happen sooner than that, but all the clues point to May 17th. Think about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6 (list)

25. Post #5265
    May 2011
    6,631 Posts
    I don't think anything Major will happen this month. Let me put on my tinfoil hat again:

Also: The letter 13 is above the 1961 in the secret room. The letter M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, and only 2 months start with M...and March is already over.

Also: 1961 = 1 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 17

May 17th = Thursday

I genuinely think SOMETHING will go down on May 17th. Hopefully something will happen sooner than that, but all the clues point to May 17th. Think about it
    I don't think Valve plans that far in advance

Honestly, I think we're getting SOMETHING Thursday.
    Get the community item out on Tuesday so we have all of Thursday to focus on something bigger, most likely the Saxxies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #5266
    April 2011
    125 Posts
    I'm surprised Roberto Clemete hasn't shown up in any theories yet. I know he's linked to this somehow, but I can't just figure out how exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #5267
    May 2011
    5,275 Posts
    I'm surprised Roberto Clemete hasn't shown up in any theories yet. I know he's linked to this somehow, but I can't just figure out how exactly.
    WAIT

13 22 13

13 is repeated TWICE, but is ONE number
    so TWO minus ONE is ONE

And 22 minus one is...

MY GOD

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #5268
    May 2011
    6,631 Posts
    Skip to 1:27
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5269
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,225 Posts
    May 17th...

THIS IS TOO FAR AWAY ! I can't wait...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #5270
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,048 Posts
    BOLT ACTION BLITZER? COULD THIS BE A GUN?

nope, a hat with bolts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #5271
    Ever been to Pandora? Its full of midgets
    January 2012
    800 Posts
    got really sad when I found out the Bolt action blitzer was a hat...was really hoping for a gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #5272
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,254 Posts
    welp, back to the waiting game (a month)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #5273
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Of course, Sunday night I stay up late, Monday night I stay up even more late, and an update HAD to be released Tuesday night.

Where's my luck god damnit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #5274
    July 2011
    340 Posts
    Today I got dream about new upade.

In a dream, I've wake up and checked out tf 2 blog and there was surprise Day one of ancient upade ( that's how it was called)

It featured dino head for sniper, skull with feathers for sold it was looking bit azteki-ish.
    It also featured "ancient dust" which could be used in crafting and giving items vintage quality. That dust could be also used to craft some all class kukri, it looked like it was made out of malachite.

Also in that day has been presented Pandora crates. In blog also was mentioned that keys are dropable and craftable and they have presented unusual effect buckets, you could apply unusual particles to hats and weapons.

Few hours later I've wake up I knew that was only a dream, I check tf2 and upade I was like LOL, may be that wasn't a dream, and then I learn out that they added champs for engy and new football helmet. O,______,O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #5275
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,141 Posts
    I liked yours better for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #5276
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    Keys SHOULD drop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #5277
    April 2010
    3,168 Posts
    Keys SHOULD drop.
    Any slight change to anything that has to do with keys or old promos would make people flip out.
    And id love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

38. Post #5278
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    201 Posts
    Steam only allows you to run 1 game at a time.
    sandboxie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5279
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,008 Posts
    let's take the single most harmless monetary aspect of TF2 and throw it away, I mean what could possibly happen.

If keys dropped and sales of keys dropped, they'd have to make that money elsewhere, and do you really think keys are the worst possible way for Valve to make money?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #5280
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    they'd have to make that money elsewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)