1. Post #4761
    Just woke up, launched steam, downloaded update....
    It was for Dota 2... I mean WTF I never play this shit

Pageking? No TF2 update? Worst morning ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    5 minutes left in the average Valve day. They might release the update later tonight but who would want to miss the NBC Thursday Night Line-up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4763
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    who would want to miss the NBC Thursday Night Line-up?
    it wasn't great.

4. Post #4764
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    it wasn't great.
    but they have such great shows such as Community and um.... 30 Rock?
    Anyway what could possibly be in the next TF2 update? Another community misc is my bet

5. Post #4765
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4766
    May 2011
    5,189 Posts
    If the update comes out tonight I will share with you a picture of me with Christopher Lloyd making this face

If not you will never know the beauty of such a great picture.

So y'all better pray for the update
    The update's not coming tonight.
    Have the photo anyways because I like bragging and attention
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 45Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #4767
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,208 Posts
    Who need an update? You're my hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #4768
    May 2011
    2,707 Posts
    TOMORROW IS THE NIGHT! (or not)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #4769
    September 2010
    1,085 Posts
    Wellll, look at it this way--

This just adds more fuel to the speculation that they're really gearing up for a big ol' update sooner rather than later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6 (list)

10. Post #4770
    January 2010
    3,152 Posts
    Next week is the week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #4771
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    Knowing Valve I bet (and hope) they came up with some crazy ideas over the vacation and have spent the last week working on them pushed out this week's update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #4772
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    Knowing Valve I bet (and hope) they came up with some crazy ideas over the vacation and have spent the last week working on them punishing out this week's update.
    Probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4773
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Knowing Valve I bet (and hope) they came up with some crazy ideas over the vacation and have spent the last week working on them punishing out this week's update.
    I don't think the update will be bad enough to be punished though I do expect to be underwhelmed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4774
    July 2009
    5,961 Posts
    Great Scott.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

15. Post #4775
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,039 Posts
    No update?

Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4776
    May 2011
    6,321 Posts
    you lucky fucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

17. Post #4777
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    Maybe... Valve is still operating on Hawaii time? :(

18. Post #4778
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #4779
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,517 Posts
    I have nothing against that.

They could pull this off as well. It's about the same amount of work for the same amount of cosmetic text
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #4780
    December 2010
    16,948 Posts
    exactly, it's just a few lines of code

I guess STS would get a little antsy, but I think some languages are just dying for new stuff to translate anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #4781
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    It's really weird they didn't do it this week.. I'll wait until next Thursday until I decide something's up.

22. Post #4782
    April 2010
    1,882 Posts
    Don't worry, next week we'll get double the weapon restricting misc. items!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #4783
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,430 Posts
    Next week we won't get anything either.

24. Post #4784
    January 2010
    3,152 Posts
    I believe you mean quadruple, we still need to cover over for the last two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4785
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    I wonder if we're going to get anything today...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #4786
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,886 Posts
    You both look like you were frozen that day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #4787
    April 2010
    1,882 Posts
    I believe you mean quadruple, we still need to cover over for the last two weeks.
    I think a full body misc. item which completely restricts all weapons is in order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

28. Post #4788
    July 2011
    575 Posts
    I've got a ghost submission on my Workshop (my Steam profile says I have 1 more submission than I actually do) and I've seen the same thing happening on other contributer's profiles at varying numbers.

SO MY THEORY IS THAT

The difference between the two numbers is the number of items that are being testing behind the scenes.

And if that's the case then Psyke has 20 items being tested.

Or it's a glitch.

I'm not good at speculating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4789
    September 2011
    4,270 Posts
    There was nothing to win in the last contest, which ruined a bit the idea of "a contest you only need to know how to type to win".
    I at least expected the winners to receive a Community version of the item they described. They only get mentionned on the wiki and that's not even Valve.

Sure, descriptions are great, but you don't pay much attention to them. You read them one time, eventually you laugh, and that's it. Not everything needs to have a joke on it, anyway: if you want one, that's the job of Description Tags.

Also, looks like I was right to go to sleep right after work, because today we got no-fucking-thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

30. Post #4790
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    I honestly think Australian Christmas 2011 was a massive misstep and those Christmas hats were a warning sign of a cancer that could destroy TF2. The assets were donated to Valve so they could use them, and they decided to profiteer with them. And now the economy is paying for it.

If that was the direction of updates to come, I would rather not have updates anymore.

I'm just saying it.

EDIT: Call me dumb. But at the time I saw all the stuff promoting the Christmas update showing every class (except Pyro) wearing the B.M.O.C. and was rather excited. I thought it would be some general free/achievement hat. Then it turned into a random chance luck of the draw bullshit thing that turned into a massive fiasco at the end. I worked my ass off grinding for coal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4791
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    So still no update, I think Valve may want to make some updates and add boring items to create "item startvation", since the halloween update had clrearly too many items and players could'nt really care about that many items, make unintresting updates and add mediocre items from time to time, then make a huge awesome update with awesome content.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

32. Post #4792
    May 2011
    2,707 Posts
    I honestly think Australian Christmas 2011 was a massive misstep and those Christmas hats were a warning sign of a cancer that could destroy TF2. The assets were donated to Valve so they could use them, and they decided to profiteer with them. And now the economy is paying for it.

If that was the direction of updates to come, I would rather not have updates anymore.

I'm just saying it.

EDIT: Call me dumb. But at the time I saw all the stuff promoting the Christmas update showing every class (except Pyro) wearing the B.M.O.C. and was rather excited. I thought it would be some general free/achievement hat. Then it turned into a random chance luck of the draw bullshit thing that turned into a massive fiasco at the end. I worked my ass off grinding for coal.
    How does that relate to gameplay? No seriously, how do the cosmetics and the "economy", which are optional and you can freely ignore, affect you in a way that you'd rather have the devs stop updating the game, despite gameplay stuff free to be improved?

Seriously, you feel gratification out of complaining, don't you? Complaining because the virtual Santa hat is hard to get, that sure as fuck ruins the game. Cancer? You call that cancer? Freaking cosmetics being hard to get? YOU having trouble getting them?

If you want to play doll dress up so hard, there is itemtest and gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #4793
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    How does that relate to gameplay? No seriously, how do the cosmetics and the "economy", which are optional and you can freely ignore, affect you in a way that you'd rather have the devs stop updating the game, despite gameplay stuff free to be improved?

Seriously, you feel gratification out of complaining, don't you? Complaining because the virtual Santa hat is hard to get, that sure as fuck ruins the game. Cancer? You call that cancer? Freaking cosmetics being hard to get? YOU having trouble getting them?

If you want to play doll dress up so hard, there is itemtest and gmod.
    No. The issue I had was that Valve was given resources and used them in an exploitative fashion that directly went against the nature of the gesture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

34. Post #4794
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,172 Posts
    They gave them out for free. I don't see an issue here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #4795
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    They gave them out for free. I don't see an issue here.
    You had to buy the games to do the achievements, and there was no sure bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4796
    May 2011
    2,707 Posts
    Or the guy who made them could have opted for not agreeing to go with it. It's not like people contribute with the sole purpose of making money. Not to mention, paying people for making an item that would be handed to every player? Doesn't seem very financially suitable to me.

Meh, I don't care, I got the whole Half Life franchise for dirt cheap, and some discouts that allowed me to get other things for dirt cheap. Companies have to make a profit, and Valve manages to do so without being raging assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4797
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts
    Chill dude, Valve doesn't owe us anything you say, but they sure make enough money off items that they could spend time creating more content(they clearly are creating some big update though) for it or simply try to improve the game performance and fix things, like integrating more community fixes.
    The amount of items they added ingame considerably increases fps lag for some, at least I saw a lot of complaints of the kind.

And I donated a free hat for christmas, which was cool only about 300 people got it, Valve told me before hand, before I agreed, that nor Valve nor I would see any monetary revenue from it, but they indirectly gained money through boosting sales doing the whole xmas coal crafting thing that you got from trading and playing games you bought previously or bought during these promotions.
    Of course I imagined they'd do something like this and could have asked what they would do with it, but honestly I am more than happy for what I got already from the scout set.

What I'd rather expect is for them to take the time to fix things and bring community fixes from all the money they made off items or improve the SDK tools, though I guess Valve doesn't work like that, they'd probably rather create new content than make fixes it seems to me.
    Oh and some more communication with the contributors would be nice, but it seems again that's not what they want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #4798
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,172 Posts
    You had to buy the games to do the achievements, and there was no sure bet.
    There were many free achievements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #4799
    October 2010
    1,371 Posts
    Probably no update today then too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

40. Post #4800
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,261 Posts
    OH BOY, JUST WOKE UP, TIME TO SEE WHAT'S IN THE UPDA-oh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)