1. Post #1
    May 2010
    173 Posts
    This idea is more or less a crossover of the popular gamemode "Jailbreak" or "Jail RP" and Mirror's Edge.

There are two classes; runner and police.

Runner:
    +Has the ability to scale walls
    +Can sprint/run
    -Only weapon is a knife
    -Can not pick up weapons

Police:
    +Can use scope/binoculars to see from far distances
    +Has a variety of weapons
    +Can "spot" runners (see below)
    -Can not run/sprint
    -Can not climb walls

Objective:
    The gamemode is simple. There is a team of runners and a team of police. The runners must avoid the police and survive for a set amount of time, while the police must find the runner and kill them as quickly as possible. When all the runners are dead, the police win. When all the police are dead or time runs out, the runners win.

Teams:
    The ratio of runners to police should be 1/3 (ie: if nine people are on a server, three will be runners, six will be police)

Spotting:
    Spotting is an ability used by police that allows them to more easily pursue runners. A police can spot a runner when the runner is directly under his crosshair and when he presses a bound button (ie: if a police is looking directly at a runner and presses "f3," the runner is spotted.) When spotted, (from the police's point of view,) the runner's player model will be highlighted and the police will get a speed and a damage bonus. The runner is no longer spotted if he escapes the police's view for five seconds.

I hope this is clear enough. I will update the op when me or Cheeseburga think of anymore ideas. This is only a concept, neither Cheeseburga nor I can script well in lua, which is why this is a request, so any contribution would be great.

Update: 1/27

Because I have absolutely no creativity whatsoever, first map, run_giant_weapons_factory, is going to be based on Der Riese (from Call of Duty 5 zombies). I'll upload screenies in a couple hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    691 Posts
    Could be a nice quick gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,232 Posts
    Bigcity would work for this, also leetnoob has a great climbing system which would work perfectly for this. You should try learning some lua and attempting it yourself, doesn't seem too hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,169 Posts
    This actually sounds like it has potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    68 Posts
    I believe this will go far. Hopefully someone will code this.

6. Post #6
    August 2011
    114 Posts
    This sounds amazing and i would definitely play it

7. Post #7
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,709 Posts
    Make me a map for this and I'll make it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2010
    22 Posts
    It would be interesting, I also want to play something like this xD

9. Post #9
    May 2011
    570 Posts
    Why not have Parkour Fortress in Garry's Mod?

10. Post #10
    May 2010
    173 Posts
    Make me a map for this and I'll make it.
    Alright, I'll get started.

11. Post #11
    June 2008
    30 Posts
    So like Prototype?
    =D

12. Post #12
    January 2012
    84 Posts
    I love the idea if you need any help with models or animation tell me!

13. Post #13
    May 2010
    173 Posts
    I love the idea if you need any help with models or animation tell me!
    Thanks for the offer, but we should be fine. We're probably going to end up just using HL2 and CSS models.

14. Post #14
    May 2010
    173 Posts
    If anyone was paying attention to the OP (or even looking at the thread at all), you noticed that I said I would upload some screenshots of the map. I lied (lul). After a second look I decided there wasn't very much to show and I had been slacking off on it. However, I'm gonna try to get back into it and get more done on it. Sorry for the delay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    I love playing Fugitive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2010
    173 Posts
    Beginning of the map. This is here specifically for Cheeseburga, but you guys can take a look if you'd like. http://www.mediafire.com/?advc1vgvxilaf4c