1. Post #601
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts

based god now owns this thread

and claims reign over page 16

2. Post #602
    February 2012
    131 Posts
    THIS IS REAL 2012 HIP HOP - ALL THE OTHER SHIT IS JUST AN ILLUSION

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,721 Posts
    Just accept that you're wrong and for at least a short period of time, rap was mostly this way.
    no but you aren't, I provided examples and you ignored them all

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    the deaded38 arguement is so pointless. Let's move on before he delivers another bucket of twoddle.

5. Post #605
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,724 Posts
    No, I do. My argument is stating most rap was at least that way back then and that I don't know if it is this way now. From what I gather, it isn't much about that stuff anymore.

Keyword is most. I don't want this to come off as flaming but I have no choice but to say you're not that bright. No matter what the norm is in any genre it's usually marketable BS that vaguely identifies with most of everyone. It doesn't just apply to old rap or new rap or old rock or new rock - it is anything mainstream that you hear on the radio. The entire point made time and time throughout this thread was that you're going to have to dig deeper to get to the real music.

On top of that, you can't base an entire genre containing at least 20 years of different styles and artists because of what you grew up around. That's like saying, "I used to eat ham and cheese sandwiches my aunt would make for me every day after school and therefore all sandwiches are terrible."

And with that I rest my case because you literally aren't smart enough able to handle a debate.

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,444 Posts
    You can't win against an idiot.

7. Post #607

May 2007
    9 Posts
    Hello, Our generation is making fantastic music, you just have to find it...
    I know of lots of great artists who are making fantastic music, weather any of you guys are hearing it is a diffrent question. If your looking for the next led zepplin or pink floyd then i think its safe to say you are not going to find any new similar bands that are as good. this is because its been done before and again after that. Rock music (in all its froms) died out around the late 70's druing this time funk came about, so did disco. then into the 90's grunge, garage and early techno/trance.
    and i know the music industry has turned music into a global entertainment franchise, but if you disconnect from it and look else where, thats when you will hear the art.
    (look at other sources separte from the industry, the world wide web is on)

the point i am trying to make is that music is forever changing, and if you dont change with it then you will find that no music is good anymore.

i myself am really into the whole electronica scene. here is some of the music i like, hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZq62d5hd8 - Ozrick Tenticles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSCDmuD70Q - Ott
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LK-zGfdUU - Shpongle
    http://soundcloud.com/mental-extensions
    http://soundcloud.com/tippermusic
    http://soundcloud.com/penta

8. Post #608
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,026 Posts
    Rock music (in all its froms) died out around the late 70's
    good god what are you talking about

there is still rock music being made

9. Post #609

May 2007
    9 Posts
    good god what are you talking about

there is still rock music being made
    Yes their is, but it is mostly regurgitated crap, made to make money, and even the rock bands who arnt from the industry still arnt trying to make good music, just copying of the other countless thousands of ppl make run of the mill politically correct and i use this term ligthly "rock" music

its like rythm n blues, look at what it was and what it has become.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts

its like rythm n blues, look at what it was and what it has become.
    Now rhythm and blues from the 60s/70s have evolved. Mainstream R&B is merely "Contemporary R&B", which began with the likes of Michael Jackson and such.

Nowadays the soul music back then has changed into a style called neo-soul, where hip hop influences are kind of intwined.

But what you say about rock in all forms is pretty retarded.

11. Post #611

May 2007
    9 Posts
    But what you say about rock in all forms is pretty retarded.
    Well i still stand by my point, could you find me some new rock music which isn't corporate sopnsored.
    i gave up looking a long time ago. bands like artic monkeys (who started out good) just declined as they got tied to labels. even the "indi" revolution, that has become thing it was against.

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    Well i still stand by my point, could you find me some new rock music which isn't corporate sopnsored.
    i gave up looking a long time ago. bands like artic monkeys (who started out good) just declined as they got tied to labels. even the "indi" revolution, that has become thing it was against.
    I'll find you a ton. Just hang around the music section, get a last fm account, remove the thought that all music is bad, and start enjoying the good stuff. :)

13. Post #613

May 2007
    9 Posts
    I got a last fm, El_Neutrino is my account name. also i love music, its the only thing that keeps me sane in a mad world. i just dont like the same thing getting done again and again.
    ppl i enjoy
    pink floyd, the who, the beatles, led zeppelin, rush, yes, the police, the stranglers, the doors, deep purple, jefferson airoplane, santana, radiohead, queen.

ppl i dont
    kaiser cheifs, the artic monkeys, the kooks... the leeds festival line up and stuff that claims to be rock.

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,721 Posts
    Hello, Our generation is making fantastic music, you just have to find it...
    I know of lots of great artists who are making fantastic music, weather any of you guys are hearing it is a diffrent question. If your looking for the next led zepplin or pink floyd then i think its safe to say you are not going to find any new similar bands that are as good. this is because its been done before and again after that. Rock music (in all its froms) died out around the late 70's druing this time funk came about, so did disco. then into the 90's grunge, garage and early techno/trance.
    and i know the music industry has turned music into a global entertainment franchise, but if you disconnect from it and look else where, thats when you will hear the art.
    (look at other sources separte from the industry, the world wide web is on)

the point i am trying to make is that music is forever changing, and if you dont change with it then you will find that no music is good anymore.

i myself am really into the whole electronica scene. here is some of the music i like, hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZq62d5hd8 - Ozrick Tenticles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSCDmuD70Q - Ott
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LK-zGfdUU - Shpongle
    http://soundcloud.com/mental-extensions
    http://soundcloud.com/tippermusic
    http://soundcloud.com/penta
    you namedropped shpongle

I like that

15. Post #615
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,026 Posts
    I got a last fm, El_Neutrino is my account name. also i love music, its the only thing that keeps me sane in a mad world. i just dont like the same thing getting done again and again.
    ppl i enjoy
    pink floyd, the who, the beatles, led zeppelin, rush, yes, the police, the stranglers, the doors, deep purple, jefferson airoplane, santana, radiohead, queen.

ppl i dont
    kaiser cheifs, the artic monkeys, the kooks... the leeds festival line up and stuff that claims to be rock.
    what you just named are all pretty famous bands, both in the list of music you enjoy amd music you don't.

if you would look more for current music you'd probably find stuff you would like, but of course, you dont need to be biased about 'modern music' to actually find it enjoyable.

16. Post #616
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    ppl i enjoy

ppl i dont

17. Post #617
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    Not looking hard enough. Yes kids these days are making horrible like Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, and Brockencyde. Let us not forget the worst group in history ICP. There is good music though, take Sabaton for example. Swedish Power Metal.
    Looking though videos on Youtube and hearing what people say on this forum, I've been seeing a lot of this:

"Hello im 15 years oldi would like to apologise for what my generation has done to music.that is* all."

My question is;

Is this correct and our generation is creating garbage music, or are people not looking hard enough for good current bands and have that, "I hate my generation" Mentality that exists in 90's cartoon fanatics?

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    to conclude the thread.

if people made the effort to keep up with the times and open their ears to what's out there. people would be happier.

but the reality is that people would rather bitch and moan.

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    760 Posts
    Shit, mostly. auto-tune, LMFAO, rap, etc. are all just giant musical turds. (AKA Great Mighty Poos)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #620
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    Shit, mostly. auto-tune, LMFAO, rap, etc. are all just giant musical turds. (AKA Great Mighty Poos)
    you say no to drugs

juicy j cant

21. Post #621
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Okay. I've come to the conclusion that I may be a little wrong about rap. I'm willing to accept that most of it isn't about said things now. However, I'm not going to disregard the fact that a good portion of rap is still about said things. Maybe not most. Hell, not even half. But a good portion of it. You may be wondering why I'm having a change of heart here. Somebody mentioned how country pop is "just about beer, trucks, and Jesus". This is by no means true and is just a very bad stereotype. Country is mostly about the good things in life with some mention of trucks and other said things. Only a minor percentage of country is directly about trucks, beer, and stuff like that. The stereotype with rap is more about bad things. I've come to realize maybe rap isn't exactly what I thought it was even back then. I was young and I could've very well been ignoring the message or something. Anyway, I'm sorry if I seemed like I was being irrational or something. It's just hard to accept most rap wasn't about said things when that's all you really remember.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,931 Posts
    Okay. I've come to the conclusion that I may be a little wrong about rap. I'm willing to accept that most of it isn't about said things now. However, I'm not going to disregard the fact that a good portion of rap is still about said things. Maybe not most. Hell, not even half. But a good portion of it. You may be wondering why I'm having a change of heart here. Somebody mentioned how country pop is "just about beer, trucks, and Jesus". This is by no means true and is just a very bad stereotype. Country is mostly about the good things in life with some mention of trucks and other said things. Only a minor percentage of country is directly about trucks, beer, and stuff like that. The stereotype with rap is more about bad things. I've come to realize maybe rap isn't exactly what I thought it was even back then. I was young and I could've very well been ignoring the message or something. Anyway, I'm sorry if I seemed like I was being irrational or something. It's just hard to accept most rap wasn't about said things when that's all you really remember.
    A good portion of pop-rap. It is nonexistent in meaningful rap, and you cannot base that, because pop-rap is more popular, rap as a genre is bad because one of the more popular iterations of it is poor lyrics-wise. Just about any "ultra-mainstream" form of any genre fits that, mainly because the hugely popular stuff nowadays has no substance.

Edited:

As for any genre of sub-genre that I have little experience with, I won't critique country because I do not know enough about it. I won't say I don't like it, even though what little I've heard was not very enjoyable to me, because that would be a broad generalization of country.

You can get away with saying "I dislike WHAT I'VE HEARD of X genre" but not "I dislike X genre"

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,921 Posts
    this album came out not even a month ago:

and what's inherently wrong with music being corporate sponsored anyway? pretty much all of the bands you listed as being good were corporate sponsored.
    i agree that rock in its traditional sense is dying out... to a point. i think it's largely because most musicians have moved on from "rock and roll" and anyone who wants to express themselves doesn't want to be playing the same shit that has been done a million times over.

of course, then you've got revivalist rock/post-punk(ish) bands like cloud nothings above (which seems to be massively popular at the moment), along with stuff like yuck, veronica falls, best coast, etc. which is a whole different story.

Edited:

i agree with you about arctic monkeys, kaiser chiefs, kasabian, the kooks, miles kane etc. they're all just playing recycled stuff as a throwback to stuff that was recycled in the first place. (oasis)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    most of the arguements only address pop music.

I can't stress, that people need to stop caring about what the general population likes. Find what you can enjoy, and spread it. There's way too much music for pop music to be a problem for you directly.

25. Post #625
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,429 Posts

I can't stress, that people need to stop caring about what the general population likes. Find what you can enjoy, and spread it. There's way too much music for pop music to be a problem for you directly.
    Are you saying that computers are not ruining peoples ability to determine talent? The only real good, authentic music it seems left is the Alternative rock. I'm not a big music judger but I can tell you that all Pop/Hip-Hop/Hard Rock/Rap is all been changed because of the auto-tune (just a basic one not a full blown one).

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    Are you saying that computers are not ruining peoples ability to determine talent? The only real good, authentic music it seems left is the Alternative rock. I'm not a big music judger but I can tell you that all Pop/Hip-Hop/Hard Rock/Rap is all been changed because of the auto-tune (just a basic one not a full blown one).
    Yes, I disagree with everything you just said.

By not putting any effort in exploring greatly of what is out there, you couldn't know.
    That's why people think it's okay to make bold, unworthy statements.

Edited:

Are you saying that computers are not ruining peoples ability to determine talent? ).
    also that's by far the dumbest thing I've ever read.

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    all in all, if people want to open their ears, they'll see more of what this world is about.
    Amen brother.

Edited:

This too

28. Post #628
    January 2010
    9,749 Posts
    I only hear autotune in pop music.

There's still good music in pop, hip-hop, rap, and hard rock.

Electro-pop

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

Hip-hop

Rap
    Some good example of good songs by the genre's you listed.
    Hell, these songs were only released by, what, last year? Just think about what good music was around within the last 10 years.

Also,
    The only real good, authentic music it seems left is the Alternative rock.
    Double wrong
    Folk music

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,638 Posts

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,921 Posts
    Don't make grand assumptious statements like that and expect to be taken seriously. You're stating your limited and uneducated opinion as though it is a widely accepted fact.

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    I only hear autotune in pop music.

There's still good music in pop, hip-hop, rap, and hard rock.

Some good example of good songs by the genre's you listed.
    Hell, these songs were only released by, what, last year? Just think about what good music was around within the last 10 years.

Also,
    Double wrong
    Folk music
    Don't waste your time. He'll never read this thread again most probably.

32. Post #632
    January 2010
    9,749 Posts
    Don't waste your time. He'll never read this thread again most probably.
    At least I made my point.

33. Post #633
    March 2010
    543 Posts

Gorillaz are bad
    Whoa..the Gorrilaz are not bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #634
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    The only real good, authentic music it seems left is the Alternative rock.
    alternative rock isn't even a real genre.

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    alternative rock isn't even a real genre.
    i still have no clue what's "alternative" about it. it's just as thin a genre type as indie is.

at least they manage to attach themselves to other styles too.

36. Post #636
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I'd say yes, it is.
    Cant beat a bit of Kraftwerk or Jarre.

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    I'd say yes, it is.
    Cant beat a bit of Kraftwerk or Jarre.
    try The Knife, Boards of Canada & Depeche Mode.

38. Post #638
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    try The Knife, Boards of Canada & Depeche Mode.
    Are Depeche Mode still producing music?
    I have most of their 80's albums on CD.
    I've only heard one Boards of Canada song, I might have to look them up properly on grooveshark.

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,646 Posts
    Are Depeche Mode still producing music?
    I have most of their 80's albums on CD.
    I've only heard one Boards of Canada song, I might have to look them up properly on grooveshark.
    grab a few records from their recent stuff. Boards of Canada's Geogaddi is definitely worth checking out.

40. Post #640
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    grab a few records from their recent stuff. Boards of Canada's Geogaddi is definitely worth checking out.
    Will do, thanks.