1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,035 Posts
    I don't understand the point of having a clone system. It doesn't add any kind of benefit, yet it can completely destroy your experience by essentially erasing your entire character. Given that it takes months, years even, to train your character, having there be a possibility that you could have that character wiped clean seams like a terrible gameplay mechanic. If my character were wiped, I'd quit EVE and never come back.

I know that it's not terribly hard to stay on top of your clone, but all it takes is one small mix-up, and you're done. That's an awful idea.

I'd propose either completely cutting the clone system, or installing a new system, perhaps one in which all clones can keep an infinite amount of skill points, and that clone upgrades instead offer other perks. Perhaps you could choose between clones that give combat or attribute bonuses, or some other kind of benefit for upgrading? The more SP you have in specific fields, the higher level clone options are available?

I don't particularly care how it's addressed, so long as it's not unbalancing, but having there be a gameplay mechanic that can erase characters you've been training for years is simply a bad idea.
    Um, if you get podded without an updated clone, you don't lose everything. You lose some skillpoints off a random L5 skill, but that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,159 Posts
    I don't understand the point of having a clone system. It doesn't add any kind of benefit, yet it can completely destroy your experience by essentially erasing your entire character. Given that it takes months, years even, to train your character, having there be a possibility that you could have that character wiped clean seams like a terrible gameplay mechanic. If my character were wiped, I'd quit EVE and never come back.

I know that it's not terribly hard to stay on top of your clone, but all it takes is one small mix-up, and you're done. That's an awful idea.

I'd propose either completely cutting the clone system, or installing a new system, perhaps one in which all clones can keep an infinite amount of skill points, and that clone upgrades instead offer other perks. Perhaps you could choose between clones that give combat or attribute bonuses, or some other kind of benefit for upgrading? The more SP you have in specific fields, the higher level clone options are available?

I don't particularly care how it's addressed, so long as it's not unbalancing, but having there be a gameplay mechanic that can erase characters you've been training for years is simply a bad idea.
    Good ISK sink though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,799 Posts
    Um, if you get podded without an updated clone, you don't lose everything. You lose some skillpoints off a random L5 skill, but that's it.

AFAIK it's not a random L5 skill, but the skill you have the most points in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    If I lost amarr BS 5...
    Carrier five here.

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts

uh

sharpshooter 5?

pos shoot woohoo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    829 Posts

uh

sharpshooter 5?

pos shoot woohoo
    Post the one with big lots of a the maelstroms because pretty

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts

I shall oblige
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    16,954 Posts
    Oh! In that case, never mind! I was under the impression that you lost all skill points that weren't protected by your clone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #890
    March 2009
    1,913 Posts
    I was thinking about joining RvB because of my sporadic schedule. Who here is in it? I recall seeing at least one person.
    Post the one with big lots of a the maelstroms because pretty
    Are you mentally challenged?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    I was thinking about joining RvB because of my sporadic schedule. Who here is in it? I recall seeing at least one person.
    Two. Me and some other guy. I have my main in it because of my erratic schedule. Other guy just has a rookie alt.

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,613 Posts

holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #893
    Gimme some of that.

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,613 Posts
    No

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,161 Posts
    gimmi suma dat

Edited:

plz

16. Post #896
    March 2009
    1,913 Posts
    Two. Me and some other guy. I have my main in it because of my erratic schedule. Other guy just has a rookie alt.
    What side are you guys on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #897
    October 2009
    572 Posts
    What side are you guys on?
    Wingedwizard is Red, Sgt-NiallR is Blue. I may join Red if I can pull myself away from the easy money incursions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,733 Posts

holy shit
    My personal wallet has about 4-5 times that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    October 2009
    5,011 Posts
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=15374941

Atleast I can pull out of mining now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    March 2009
    1,913 Posts
    Wingedwizard is Red, Sgt-NiallR is Blue. I may join Red if I can pull myself away from the easy money incursions.
    If that's the case I might go Blue since I read Blue needed more people on US time plus I prefer blue as a color. Only down side is that my constant unwillingness to go out and actually make some money means I only have something around 108mil. Good thing it doesn't matter if I just fly the fuck out of cheap shit .

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,994 Posts
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default...=posts&t=76553

If you don't know who to vote for in the CSM, here's a cool little tool that matches you up with candidates and compares their opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    If that's the case I might go Blue since I read Blue needed more people on US time plus I prefer blue as a color. Only down side is that my constant unwillingness to go out and actually make some money means I only have something around 108mil. Good thing it doesn't matter if I just fly the fuck out of cheap shit .
    Do PI man. I literally make a t2 fit rifer a day just by sitting on my ass.

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,613 Posts
    My personal wallet has about 4-5 times that.
    gfy

And by that I mean "good for you" and not "go fuck yourself."

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    Do PI man. I literally make a t2 fit rifer a day just by sitting on my ass.
    didn't know we were using ships for currency now

wtb maelstrom 40 t2 fit rifters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    didn't know we were using ships for currency now

wtb maelstrom 40 t2 fit rifters
    Its called a comparison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    It's cool watching a literal ball of ships warping at the same exact time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    It's cool watching a bunch of ships warp off then compress into a big ball mid-warp like voltron or something

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,733 Posts
    Blobbing..

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #909
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts

bassie broke something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    762 Posts
    holy god those are cool-looking drakes

HOW

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,782 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    August 2010
    796 Posts

bassie broke something
    Red Striped Drakes? Is that test server?

33. Post #913

bassie broke something
    EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT!

34. Post #914
    July 2008
    848 Posts
    Fucking awesome. I know that guy. I gave him money. Fuk da bigboat.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #915
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts

bassie broke something
    ...Why do they have the Minmatar logo on them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    618 Posts
    Apparently I am a traitor, appearing on both sides of this battle report: http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=67062 (BUSHIDO KAMIKAZE'd the drake then grabbed a killmail whore rifter to try and get on as many [enemy] mails as possible)
    Someone make a KB BR mod that doesn't have to be taken through the doctor manually pl0x

37. Post #917
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,733 Posts
    EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT!
    Simples, CCP doesn't compress their files or encrypt them.

So editing them with a simple hex editor is possible, in fact, you can edit colors and texture/model path's your self, enabling me to get custom textures in.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #918
    pretty sure messing with the games files in any way is against the EULA.

Jus' sayain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #919
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,613 Posts
    I doubt CCP will care. These alterations are done client-side. It's not like you have the ability to give yourself all level 5 skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,733 Posts
    I doubt CCP will care. These alterations are done client-side. It's not like you have the ability to give yourself all level 5 skills.
    They would have done something by now. after like 2 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events