1. Post #4401
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    No? I'm asking and posting about it because I don't know why I keep crashing. It happens whenever I try to create a new character now too. I was able to make my first character 30 minutes early without a hitch (until I pressed next after the name enter part)
    Well think about why the Guild Wars 2 forums are down. Now think about why you keep crashing/disconnected. Then put the two together...

A server can only handle but so much packets and requests at a time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4402
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,159 Posts
    I have two 5770s, I'll let you know in three hours when I get home :(
    People should really read the FAQ. The game doesn't support Crossfire/SLI so just turn it off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4403
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Edited:

I think i'll have 4k posts by the time this BWE is over :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4404
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,164 Posts
    Well think about why the Guild Wars 2 forums are down. Now think about why you keep crashing/disconnected. Then put the two together...

BUT THERES 24 SERVERS! NOTHING CAN GO WRONG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4405
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    whoever this Tey guy is really doesn't like me.

Edited:

BUT THERES 24 SERVERS! NOTHING CAN GO WRONG
    obvious troll is obvious so I'm not going to argue with you. Just shut up and stop complaining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4406
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    Goddamnit still getting the network error,found a thread on the forums with a bunch of people with what appears to be the same thing and now the website is down so I can't even read the second page of the thread

Is this normal for beginnings of these kinds of betas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4407
    Tiny Bat
    March 2011
    1,845 Posts
    Yes, especially now when there's so many people trying to get in at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4408
    November 2008
    1,021 Posts
    I'll just pick the server with the lowest population possible...... There were like 50 players in the human starting zone doing the same event....... impossible to play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4409
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Lol, accidentally demoted myself from guild master. Guess I won't be doing that during release.
    Who is monkeypunch? It got sent to you, if you could fix it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4410
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Goddamnit still getting the network error,found a thread on the forums with a bunch of people with what appears to be the same thing and now the website is down so I can't even read the second page of the thread

Is this normal for beginnings of these kinds of betas?
    yes. Completely normal and highly expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4411
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    Getting 12 FPS in highly populated areas on max settings and 16 on low :(. Enjoying the game so far though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malta Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4412
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts

But then you'd just disconnected. Your whole game shouldn't crash because you cant connect.

Yeah, it crashes everytime it's about to load character creation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4413
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,197 Posts
    my experience the last 10 minutes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Agree x 9Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4414
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    I noticed that Anvil Rock's population was already Medium when the beta started an hour ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #4415
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,292 Posts
    Who made the facepunch guild on anvil rock

16. Post #4416
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts

See, that's what would happen if you can't connect due to everyone else connecting. Mine straight up crashes whenever I get to character creation.

17. Post #4417
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Who made the facepunch guild on anvil rock
    Newbienice99, but he accidently gave away the GM position...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4418
    November 2007
    68 Posts

Welcome to my Experience for the past 2 hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4419
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    What I played so far was great. Gonna take some time getting used to the mobile combat though. Right clicked a few times expecting my character to walk up to the monster.

20. Post #4420
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,197 Posts
    I was in 15 minutes ago, played 13 minutes and then crashed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4421
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,858 Posts
    I get a different error, something about not being able to connect to the login server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4422
    December 2009
    892 Posts
    I get the "There is no beta event" error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4423
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,595 Posts
    Yeah i think the chat panel is broken, You can click to show Guild only or Party only then type anything in either and nothing will show up once you hit enter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #4424
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Well I'll see you guys in 20-30 minutes depending on traffic and server status at that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4425
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    ive had 4 or so different errors, transaction in progress, cannot connect login server, unable to complete operation , and somthign else to do with router. i got in and dc 10 or so mins after.

26. Post #4426
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,688 Posts
    played for an hour an a half and recorded it all. going to a wedding, ill be rendering it down to a 9 GB file and hopefully youtube will take it. upload speed usually sucks though so i pray it doesnt take DAYS to upload

27. Post #4427
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    managed to log in again , get to character selection click play, doesnt work now none of the buttons do anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4428
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,708 Posts
    Aw man made my character and everything then nothing happened haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4429
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    GW2 Twitter: "We are aware that some of you have login issues. We are working on it. Closing and restarting your client often works. ^MK"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4430
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    GW2 Twitter: "We are aware that some of you have login issues. We are working on it. Closing and restarting your client often works. ^MK"
    Except I've done that about 20 times argh

Should I just go to bed and play tomorrow morning,hoping that I'll have a working GW2 for breakfast?
    (it's 11:40 here)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4431
    November 2007
    68 Posts
    you are in the midle east ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4432
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Made a character on Ring of Fire, watching the opening cinematic, and now I'm staring at a black screen with a "Skip to end" button that does nothing.

Then I logged out with F12, and now I can't log back in again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #4433
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    Yep,Dubai.

34. Post #4434
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    most likely al qaida
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny x 3Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4435
    November 2007
    68 Posts
    Yep,Dubai.
    Dont feel lonley i know at list over 50 people here in israel that cant log in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4436
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    Well atleast now I get to know the login music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #4437
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,046 Posts
    Yeah its nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4438
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts

past hour. D:

39. Post #4439
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    i keep getting to the bit where you choose character press play then it breaks and becomes unresponsive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #4440
    August 2006
    132 Posts
    I've been getting that for the past two hours. I'm not sure of the difference between the ones due to server load, or ones due to my uni network potentially blocking it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)