1. Post #4161
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    not to mention the gw2 closed beta was unplayable the first day with an incredibly much smaller playerbase
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4162
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,683 Posts
    diablo 3 was unplayable for 2 days, this game has a much bigger hype

go figure
    I don't remember Diablo 3 being a MMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4163
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    I played a couple hours after it started and continued doing so with few interruptions, so your statement is wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4164
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts

go figure
    Diablo I'd say has a much better reputation, and that was Blizz's stress test.

If GW2's stress test was truly open, I'd put money down on saying it'd probably have been worse.
    They have a good 24 servers for the weekend though in two regions, not just the US, so I think they're well prepared. Nothing to worry about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4165
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    so you admit you got booted out of the server, having to spam the login screen to get in for 5 minutes at a time before giving up and waiting an hour, which will happen to gw2 since this is the first open beta and everyone will be zerging the login server. you know what they call that? unplayable

youll be back here tommorow night complaining you cant play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4166
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    Then let them complain, whats your problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4167
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,683 Posts
    so you admit you got booted out of the server, having to spam the login screen to get in for 5 minutes at a time before giving up and waiting an hour, which will happen to gw2 since this is the first open beta and everyone will be zerging the login server. you know what they call that? unplayable

youll be back here tommorow night complaining you cant play

Well, you're not really contributing to the thread with your pessimism, so you can leave if you want to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4168
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    like i said before, theres only one login server and every mmo to date has met the fate of a flooded login server, even WoW often falls victim to this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4169
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    And your point is? That people need to wait a little longer or? Since your statement about D3 were wrong no doubt you will be wrong again. If I can play a couple hours then I'm happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4170
    November 2010
    5,607 Posts
    I played a couple hours after it started and continued doing so with few interruptions, so your statement is wrong.
    yeah and there were people playing the GW2 stress test without any interruptions either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4171
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    just trying to point out your all setting yourself up for a massive disappointment, especially those guys skipping work/school

its entirely down to you all if you heed the warning or not, teras prestart will be just as bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4172
    I'm hoping that it's a smooth launch tomorrow but I'm not expecting it to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4173
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,175 Posts
    Yes we can only hope, but to get excited over it would be a mistake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4174
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    oh no guys stop being a realist and saying bad things about gw2, because you are clearly wrong nomatter how logical and evidential your claim is!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4175
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,540 Posts
    oh no guys stop being a realist and saying bad things about gw2, because you are clearly wrong nomatter how logical and evidential your claim is!
    Jesus christ, relax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4176
    You have no way of knowing for sure that the game will be unplayable at launch tomorrow. Like I said I don't expect it to be smooth, but there's no need to be so pessimistic about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4177
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    I don't think anyone has a problem with what you were saying, because we all know Anet had problems with floods of people registering or going to download the client, we're just trying to stay hopeful.

Also, you're kind of being a dick with he way you're saying it's going to be an unplayable failure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4178
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    8,152 Posts
    yeah and there were people playing the GW2 stress test without any interruptions either
    The servers went down multiple times during the stress test
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #4179
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,064 Posts
    What evidence? You got no insight into the GW2 team in regards to this. None of us do. Let's just keep cool and take it as it comes, shall we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4180
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,098 Posts
    I don't think anyone has a problem with what you were saying, because we all know Anet had problems with floods of people registering or going to download the client, we're just trying to stay hopeful.

Also, you're kind of being a dick with he way you're saying it's going to be an unplayable failure.
    gratz on not reading my posts. where i said it would only be unplayable the first day

Edited:

and it takes 2 to tango
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4181
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    4,399 Posts
    gratz on not reading my posts. where i said it would only be unplayable the first day

Edited:

and it takes 2 to tango

I tango by myself so you are a liar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4182
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    True, but if you can play a couple hours, the beta aren't really "unplayable" like he stated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4183
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    8,152 Posts
    True, but if you can play a couple hours, the beta aren't really "unplayable" like he stated.
    You're right, it was fantastic anyway :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #4184
    January 2010
    3,837 Posts
    Finally got my beta email today after support corrected it, be careful if you used your NCsoft master account to link guildwars to your GW2 account, they could have sent it to an old email you used.

Made the support guy laugh when i told him i had the client already set up anyway, just a thing i noticed if you log in on the menu a red message box will pop up telling you your account is ready anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    752 Posts
    There's a couple small updates to download by the way. A heads up if your connection isn't that great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4186
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,175 Posts
    What's the point of a 'stress test'?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4187
    Kind of a bad weekend to have the beta since finals are next week for me. Oh well, guess I won't be studying much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4188
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    There's a couple small updates to download by the way. A heads up if your connection isn't that great.
    Yep, everyone remember to start your client so that it can patch a few files every so often between now and the start of the BWE.

Anet needed to make sure they had enough servers and that the servers and network themselves could handle enough clients. Say your server capacity overall is 150,000 players, but 300,000 buy the game and try to login on release day. It would be a horrific disaster filled with lag, disconnects, sluggish gameplay, and overstrained servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4189
    To test server capacity and what not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4190
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,120 Posts
    So I downloaded the whole thing yesterday. I turn it on today and I have 189,000 files to re-download :(.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 2Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4191
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    203 Posts
    So who's rolling on Anvil Rock with what classes? Maybe we can plan out our classes and make some good combinations.

I'll be an Engineer, for sure. It's a versatile class and I love guns, and PIMP JACKETS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    So I downloaded the whole thing yesterday. I turn it on today and I have 189,000 files to re-download :(.
    It defaults to your temp folder or something, so it disappears unless you download it somewhere else. Personally, I put it onto my desktop. Just pull the .exe from downloads to somewhere else and then execute it.

So who's rolling on Anvil Rock with what classes? Maybe we can plan out our classes and make some good combinations.

I'll be an Engineer, for sure. It's a versatile class and I love guns, and PIMP JACKETS!
    Human ele for this BWE, Charr Necro, probably Norn Guardian if I have time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #4193
    May 2007
    4,399 Posts
    Is anvil rock going to be the NA server for facepunch on release as well?

34. Post #4194
    November 2009
    1,403 Posts
    25 hours remain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4195
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,169 Posts
    Is anvil rock going to be the NA server for facepunch on release as well?
    Well considering we don't know when release is or what the full server list will be, we can't say
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4196
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,645 Posts
    Wow when you say it like that it feels like ages :(

37. Post #4197
    May 2007
    4,399 Posts
    I havent been this hyped and excited for an MMO since burning crusade.

I mean seriously, look at this dungeon in GW2 Imagine it in Explorable Mode.

Its like the Karazhan of GW2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #4198
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    I havent been this hyped and excited for an MMO since burning crusade.

I mean seriously, look at this dungeon in GW2 Imagine it in Explorable Mode.

"GW2 Imagine It?"

39. Post #4199
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    22,708 Posts
    Ah, memories.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #4200
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts
    "GW2 Imagine It?"
    he missed a period in the middle there no biggie