1. Post #3961
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #3962
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    So we're still going for Yak's Bend?

Any unofficial meeting place? Maybe we'll coordinate here? I think we should find some alley in Divinity's Reach or some corner of LA maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3963
    November 2010
    1,295 Posts
    Still can't log into the beta forums using my acc. Can anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #3964
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,266 Posts
    Forums are down, or they are for me. They tell me to try going back home, and it just loops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #3965
    November 2010
    1,295 Posts
    Forums are down, or they are for me. They tell me to try going back home, and it just loops.
    It keeps saying my password is wrong. I know its right. Weird...

Just a bunch of "Please check your information and try again"...

6. Post #3966
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,175 Posts
    So we're still going for Yak's Bend?

Any unofficial meeting place? Maybe we'll coordinate here? I think we should find some alley in Divinity's Reach or some corner of LA maybe.
    Lets meet in LA because it's going to be a new area for everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #3967
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,937 Posts
    How long does it take to get to lvl 20?

Also the game runs from a single file? Gw2.dat that's pretty nifty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #3968
    April 2011
    3,447 Posts
    you guys really aren't rolling on Yak's Bend

EVERYONE is
    reddit
    guru
    SA
    PA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #3969
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts

EVERYONE is
    reddit
    guru
    SA
    PA
    well shit. how about maguuma?

10. Post #3970
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts

EVERYONE is
    reddit
    guru
    SA
    PA
    It'll be heavily populated, that's for sure. Same with Anvil I imagine, and /vg has that one apparently. Do we want a different server or do we care? In WvWvW, do we want to be with other big internet communities or do we want to oppose them?

11. Post #3971
    December 2009
    745 Posts
    So we're going Yak's Bend for US World? iirc /vg/ is going for Anvil Rock, don't know about SA and Reddit though.

Oh my god the lateness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #3972
    November 2010
    1,295 Posts
    It'll be heavily populated, that's for sure. Same with Anvil I imagine, and /vg has that one apparently. Do we want a different server or do we care? In WvWvW, do we want to be with other big internet communities or do we want to oppose them?

The true question is, do we want to get pounded to dust every day of the week or do we want to be so overpowering that we run out of things to kill?

13. Post #3973
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts
    The true question is, do we want to get pounded to dust every day of the week or do we want to be so overpowering that we run out of things to kill?
    we'll never run out of reddit kiddies to stomp i don't know what you're talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #3974
    December 2009
    745 Posts
    If four of those communities are rolling on Yak's Bend, and /vg/ is the only one rolling on Anvil Rock, I rather be on Anvil Rock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #3975
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    This is /VG/'s plan:

16. Post #3976
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    A little run around the internet says Yak's will also have Penny Arcade.

I'm leaning towards Anvil to balance it out or some other server.

EDIT: Thank you guys so much for posting the client link here. I was able to get to it early enough that mine downloaded at 1.5 MB/s instead of the 6 KB/s or "unavailable"s everyone else is getting.

17. Post #3977
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,175 Posts
    I'm surprised no one brought up Sorrow's Furnace! Although I'm sure that one will be full as well.

Edited:

I'll most likely join Anvil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #3978
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,169 Posts
    I'm going to be big into PvP and WvWvW so deciding what server to join is going to be a big deal for me this weekend. Do i want to join anvil or do i want to join Yak's bend!? AGGHhhhHhhhhHh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #3979
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,604 Posts
    Alright, we can do Anvil Rock.
    I am not sure what we want to do about NA and EU differences. In the long run, I suppose since EU and NA players would never really be able to WvW together due to timezones, it's not a problem if they are on separate servers? So way into the future when it's released, we can have a world that NA FP users join, and a world that EU FP users join. The guild will still be international, there aren't any world restrictions as far as I know.
    For now I suppose we can try to all join the same server to WvW together.

A little disappointed that home world changes are going to be so much. I will have to make sure my friends choose the same server and whatnot.

20. Post #3980
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,169 Posts
    So basically let's hope we get put up against crappy servers in WvW so we can stomp the shit out of them and not Yak's Bend? got it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    391 Posts
    Finished downloading for me, I'm probably going to pick a server with my vent bros, might hop on the other servers for a look though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #3982
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    Damn GW2 update is stuck checking for updates.. disabled my antivirus and nothing changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #3983
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    4,399 Posts
    There are 34games im looking forward to this year.

Diablo 3.

Bioshock Infinite.

Dota 2

And now guild wars 2, holy shit does the game look amazing for an MMO, its breaking away from the wow formula and everything I have seen and heard about it is amazing and already pre-ordered today.

24. Post #3984
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    4,420 Posts
    For all those people having issues logging into the GW2 forums: When it prompts for your email enter your NCSoft account (blahblah@ncsoft, assuming you linked your GW1 account) instead.

25. Post #3985
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,424 Posts
    Server choice shouldn't even matter at this point since it's for the beta. Who cares

Edited:

Also SA is going to Sea of Sorrows anyways.

Edited:

PA appears to be joining them because they are pals in arms.

26. Post #3986
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts
    this is strange. i guess i ran gw2.exe from the zip file, but the files it downloaded sort of vanished into the ether

oh well, i'll just run it again with -image

27. Post #3987
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,424 Posts
    so FP can have the reddit tainted yaks bend for all i care

this is strange. i guess i ran gw2.exe from the zip file, but the files it downloaded sort of vanished into the ether

oh well, i'll just run it again with -image
    it defaults to your temp folder so you better get it out of there quick before it vanishes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #3988
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,145 Posts
    Yay, finally downloading the client. Now to play the patching game.

Guess I'll join you guys or something...maybe play with a friend or two. Iunno :c

29. Post #3989
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,267 Posts
    it defaults to your temp folder so you better get it out of there quick before it vanishes
    damn, i was too late. thank god the beta's not for another few days, but i'll just let it run overnight anyway

i'll have to keep that in mind in the future

30. Post #3990
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,424 Posts
    by the way by too late I mean the instant you exit the title screen it vanishes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #3991
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,683 Posts
    AGH! Where is my password?! I can't remember typing one in when registering my game!

Nevermind.

Yet they still used my god damn old email for GW2 related stuff. I WANT TO USE MY NEW ONE, DAMN IT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3992
    February 2011
    4,489 Posts
    Where are the local files stored from downloading the game? Can't seem to find them and relocate them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #3993
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,399 Posts
    Where are the local files stored from downloading the game? Can't seem to find them and relocate them.
    The files are where you started gw2.exe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #3994
    December 2009
    11,200 Posts

:(

Not even sure if I got the email for the beta weekend since I pre-ordered through my moms amazon account, so it's being sent to her email, and I didn't realize they were being sent out while she was awake. /wrists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3995
    January 2010
    3,837 Posts
    Still not got the email, i've downloaded the client via cloudlink though, but i'm worried something is wrong with my account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3996
    December 2009
    11,200 Posts
    Wait... I was supposed to create an account? I thought there would be a link to create my account in the e-mail...

woops

37. Post #3997
    January 2010
    3,837 Posts
    argh! why can't account info let you see which email your account is registered with!

also for EU players what server should we be picking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #3998
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,011 Posts
    Downloading at 7.2kb/ps

Yay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,683 Posts
    argh! why can't account info let you see which email your account is registered with!

also for EU players what server should we be picking?
    Vabbi, perhaps?

40. Post #4000

August 2008
    260 Posts
    Aww yeah finally got it downloading. I'm up for joining you EU players on a server if that's cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)