1. Post #81
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts
    Going to start up Virvel for real again, so we breath some life into the server again.
    Once Virvel's up and running I'll finally be able to find other people in the towns. I used to be able to go to Karkand to find others. The forums idea is great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    For people that want snow, I could try to reuse snowseasons to enable admins / mods to pick chunks for being snowy! It would work like this:

Wooden Shovel would be the tool to use. Right click at a block in a chunk and you'll see red squares at the edges. (This is only visible to you) These chunks will locally be temporarily saved to a hashmap.
    When you're done selecting, these chunks will be saved to a file. (Region based system, region1.dat ; region2.dat and so on for easy deleting of regions when in them)

You can also enable a snowchecker, that will search through chunks for more than 10 blocks of snow, and add them to regions to be able to toggle them.

Sounds good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I haven't really found a good place to put it. I would really prefer a snow biome, but the only snow is around spawn. That's not really the problem, the real problem is there's a bunch of ugly crap around spawn that's taking up space.
    I think you should go explore, not many has explored the map any further since 1.0 so i think that if you do some exploring you will find a snow biome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    July 2010
    2,005 Posts
    Any news of that thread-bumping business?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Any news of that thread-bumping business?
    No but hopefully profan creates a thread soon so we can start it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    For all the talk of getting the server busy, not a lot of you are actually coming on and filling it up with yourselves.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    For all the talk of getting the server busy, not a lot of you are actually coming on and filling it up with yourselves.
    I would but gotta go to work soon.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,010 Posts
    I haven't really found a good place to put it. I would really prefer a snow biome, but the only snow is around spawn. That's not really the problem, the real problem is there's a bunch of ugly crap around spawn that's taking up space.
    That's the fate of the spawn. No matter what you do, they keep on building more and more ugly shit. It's horrific.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #89
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    It would cool as FUCK if we had shit like this on our server.

Cause personally I think, surviving and building just doesn't cut it. If we had events and fun races and shit it would cheer the server up a bit.

(The comments are fucking lame but the idea is fucking.... wait for it.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,881 Posts
    I agree. We should build roller coasters and water slides and cool stuff like that.

11. Post #91
    I tried building an amusement park back on the map with Alloro but it never took off, and somebody kept griefing it.

I do think something to spice everything up would be nice, I don't want to be flamed but the reason I'm never on any more is because playing Factions gives me something to work towards whereas before, building something cool was just for my own satisfaction.

12. Post #92
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    It would cool as FUCK if we had shit like this on our server.

Cause personally I think, surviving and building just doesn't cut it. If we had events and fun races and shit it would cheer the server up a bit.
    Boats on Multiplayer.
    ha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    I tried building an amusement park back on the map with Alloro but it never took off, and somebody kept griefing it.

I do think something to spice everything up would be nice, I don't want to be flamed but the reason I'm never on any more is because playing Factions gives me something to work towards whereas before, building something cool was just for my own satisfaction.
    Like I said, I'm done with big projects for now, but I would be happy to fund something like that. An "amusement park city" with minecart mania roller coasters, target practice games, pig races, boat races, art, etc would be really neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #94
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,387 Posts
    I was out exploring for new land and then I "hit the ground too hard" while I was traveling in a boat past some mountainy bits. I lost all my food and all my armour.

Now I remember why I don't play on this server much, you randomly die of fall damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    The Virvel wall is on it's way to completion. I might be able to finish the inside bit tomorrow if I can get some help. I think it's about halfway right now so with another 1 or 2 hands it should be quick work.

16. Post #96
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    Can I request a ban for Nath? He got me addicted to some catchy BRODYQUEST song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    September 2009
    86 Posts
    Oh fuck everything about this. Our nether base was griefed AGAIN... this time whoever did it didn't even leave a sign explaining themselves like the last guy. The entire wart farm has been stolen, walls are missing, two ugly bridges leading out of the base... seriously :/ Could an admin check who did this? The base is at X 124, Z 46

Edit: oh great, our normal (overworld) base that's linked to the nether one has been griefed as well... the library is raped and they stole the enchantment table, went through the mob grinder's collector, flooded the yard... seriously, this is ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Bulgaria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,298 Posts
    When we decide to make a new map, I think we need to have a settlement where there's a massive tower that goes both up to the max build height and down deep underground, and maybe have a small village surrounding it. Maybe we can get a bunch of people to work together on it, Brim, if that sounds like a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

19. Post #99
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    Can I request a ban for Nath? He got me addicted to some catchy BRODYQUEST song.
    now leave it on repeat for hours.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    now leave it on repeat for hours.
    please make a movie of you doing that. Oh wait, you can't cause no want to show face ;()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Banned Gusygee for griefing Zavist's base.

Edited:

Banned xxxxx246 for griefing zavist's netherbase and stealing almost all of the netherwart.

Edited:

Banned Nath2011uk for griefing ItsMozy's taste in music.    not really   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic x 2Funny x 2Late x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1Winner x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    please make a movie of you doing that. Oh wait, you can't cause no want to show face ;()
    isn't that why all your videos are shit?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Profan where are you? We want that thread at minecraftforums.net! :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #104

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Now get on the server and help me finish this damn wall.

26. Post #106
    WINNER
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    Virvel wall should be done any minute now. Yay 4 Squids and Nath (and me)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #107

Quarry used to get the stone, (one of them)

The wall itself!

And the keep being made now!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    When we decide to make a new map, I think we need to have a settlement where there's a massive tower that goes both up to the max build height and down deep underground, and maybe have a small village surrounding it. Maybe we can get a bunch of people to work together on it, Brim, if that sounds like a good idea?
    Way ahead of you, I'm actually building a concept for my city on the next map right now. The only person who's seen its design is squids, and I will slowly give it out to more people as we get closer to the map change in 3 or 4 months. What I can tell you is that it is codenamed Castleguard, expands greatly on Karkand's district system, and will be the server's largest walled city to date (as in "easily visable from the carto on all levels" big, it is expected to take 1.5-3 months to complete). But don't get excited, this is a long way off.

Edited:

And I'm not going full-on medieval, don't let the name confuse you. The whole "medieval Minecraft" idea is over-used as hell

Edited:

And this time I'll be putting DrCow in charge of architecture from the start, because he's vastly better than I am with that.

29. Post #109
    Are you going to turn the quarries into something? Are they even inside the city?

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Are you going to turn the quarries into something? Are they even inside the city?
    I think the plan is to turn it into a massive subway station with huge pillars and arches along it.

Edited:

Once it has been cleaned up ofcourse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    This new XP to money thing is great, finally Profinions have a value that isn't "you can buy shit from BrimCo and Dotrichard with it "

The only downside is that it hurts the value of enchanted tools a bit, but I honestly think it's worth it for there to finally be a way for the money to be consistently exchanged for something.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,172 Posts
    What should I build near the jerrai archipelago?
    a huge J and/or a huge G
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #113
    This new XP to money thing is great, finally Profinions have a value that isn't "you can buy shit from BrimCo and Dotrichard with it "

The only downside is that it hurts the value of enchanted tools a bit, but I honestly think it's worth it for there to finally be a way for the money to be consistently exchanged for something.
    Honestly, I only buy from Leet_Rider

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Honestly, I only buy from Leet_Rider
    That was a generalization, of course. I actually buy from him fairly often. Him and dotrichard, I made that guy rich

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Way ahead of you, I'm actually building a concept for my city on the next map right now. The only person who's seen its design is squids, and I will slowly give it out to more people as we get closer to the map change in 3 or 4 months. What I can tell you is that it is codenamed Castleguard, expands greatly on Karkand's district system, and will be the server's largest walled city to date (as in "easily visable from the carto on all levels" big, it is expected to take 1.5-3 months to complete). But don't get excited, this is a long way off.

Edited:

And I'm not going full-on medieval, don't let the name confuse you. The whole "medieval Minecraft" idea is over-used as hell

Edited:

And this time I'll be putting DrCow in charge of architecture from the start, because he's vastly better than I am with that.
    That sounds awesome!

Edited:

Guys don't forget to write in forum. Just do like me, leave the mc forum thread open in a tab and as often as you can just write anything, it can be anything from something you did in minecraft recently to just comment what anyone else wrote!

36. Post #116
    July 2011
    613 Posts
    [QUOTE=squids_eye;34076490]Banned Gusygee for griefing Zavist's base.

Hello, I go by the screen name gusygee on minecraft and I have enjoyed playing there for the last couple of days. Me and my friend have had alot of fun. I am sorry for grieffing Zavist's base and i would like to make it up anyway I can. Too be completely honest i had not read the rules beforehand and i did not where the line stood. Since i was banned I have read the rules. If you allow me to come back i will play according the the rules and become a productive member.

I would be willing to replace any missing items.

I hope you reconsider your decision.

Sincerely; Jacob
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

37. Post #117
    I have a 1 inch cock erect but girls cum all over me
    April 2009
    725 Posts
    I submitted the Profan Whitelist form a few weeks ago.
    I still haven't got any form of feedback yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Korea, Republic of Show Events

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    I would check for apps but profan removed mw from moderators on the forums for no reason.

(Glitch, profan?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Banned Gusygee for griefing Zavist's base.
    Hello, I go by the screen name gusygee on minecraft and I have enjoyed playing there for the last couple of days. Me and my friend have had alot of fun. I am sorry for grieffing Zavist's base and i would like to make it up anyway I can. Too be completely honest i had not read the rules beforehand and i did not where the line stood. Since i was banned I have read the rules. If you allow me to come back i will play according the the rules and become a productive member.

I would be willing to replace any missing items.

I hope you reconsider your decision.

Sincerely; Jacob
    It's common sense not to come into someones house, destroy random parts of it and then walk off with their enchantment table. You shouldn't have to read rules to assume that that's ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    In the whitelist application form, I'm pretty sure there's a tickbox that asks if you've read the rules. If there isn't we should add that