1. Post #4241
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    People are apparently going to "mod" using BMS assets, but that's a bit sad they forgot about Human Error, which released its source code, and it had many things such as Grunts, Controllers, already done with Source Engine, and also the possibility to control Manhack with their POV.
    I just checked out human error and to be honest it looks nowhere near the polish and quality that Black Mesa is boasting. People want to mod Black Mesa because it is looking to be Valve quality, it's got completely new models brushwork and textures, all of which could be used to make some crazy interesting maps and stories. While Human Error looks okay, it has stiff animations, shoddy imperfect modelling and texturing, and it reused a great deal of Half Life 2's assets. People don't want to mod using their stuff because their stuff really isn't all that great, and the stuff that is good is 90% Half Life 2 stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #4242
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,918 Posts
    Its not real.

It uses HL1 sounds and HL2 props for gods sake.
    Actually it is real, its a build leaked in 2007.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #4243
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    Umm, I think your clock is off. It releases at 8:47, so there's still 7 minutes right now until the 17 hour mark.
    That's strange, I was basing it off the BMS website counter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4244
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,612 Posts
    That's strange, I was basingnit off the BMS website counter
    The counter uses client-side Javascript, so if your local clock is wrong, the countdown will be wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4245
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,918 Posts
    That's strange, I was basing it off the BMS website counter
    Then you counted it wrong.

Edited:

The counter uses client-side Javascript, so if your local clock is wrong, the countdown will be wrong
    That too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #4246
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,197 Posts
    Pretty sure it's the New Mexico timezone, so if I'm not wrong it's GMT-7
    Damn. I'm in Utah, and which is GMT -7, so it will actually release at the intended time, 8:47, at which I will be at school, wifi-less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4247
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    huh, I just noticed my clock was wrong

dammit I had my hopes up >:E
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #4248
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,612 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #4249
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    so what'll happen if I set my clock faster??? Do I get the download link early?

Edited:

Jesus, where's your guy's sense of humor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #4250
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,612 Posts
    so what'll happen if I set my clock faster??? Do I get the download link early?
    No, it goes to a blank site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #4251
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    :(

Edited:

I was hoping for a hidden page or something similar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #4252
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,918 Posts
    The actual download page won't show up until 8:47 MST so not even setting it an hour before release will work, their webmaster designed it that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #4253
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    The actual download page won't show up until 8:47 MST so not even setting it an hour before release will work, their webmaster designed it that way.
    I see, I thought they would put something humorous/easteregg/etc for attempting to bypass the clock

This is nice, US west coast should be able to download around 2100 which is when I come back from my day job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4254
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I see, I thought they would put something humorous/easteregg/etc for attempting to bypass the clock
    Nope, it just links you to http://release.blackmesasource.com/, which is blank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #4255
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,611 Posts
    Nope, it just links you to http://release.blackmesasource.com/, which is blank.
    Not for long!

I'm anxious to see the random face generator on all the npcs, that's seems to be pretty damn cool

Edited:

I imagine a countdown starting in this thread when there's a minute or two left; I'll also probably check the release page to see if anything comes up by then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #4256
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,720 Posts
    i had a nightmare last night where black mesa was released and it turns out it was a troll mod filled with mlp references and screamers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 32Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #4257
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,455 Posts
    Oh boy, I can't wait to play this. I wonder if we'll still be able to blow up Magnusson's Casserole. I don't know about you, but that was one of my favorite parts of the original HL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #4258
    hey
    August 2006
    4,630 Posts
    Oh boy, I can't wait to play this. I wonder if we'll still be able to blow up Magnusson's Casserole. I don't know about you, but that was one of my favorite parts of the original HL.

1:46
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4259
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Ok time is up where is mod..

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4260
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    If its 17 hours why mine its 21?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events

21. Post #4261
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,861 Posts
    Timezones, mine's at 16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4262
    January 2010
    2,090 Posts
    It's actually a calorie counter.

You have to lose weight to release Black Mesa for your country.

gg Africa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

23. Post #4263
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    Timezones, mine's at 16
    Timezones have nothing to do with it. The mod is releasing 8:47 mountain time (GMT -7) no matter where in the world you are. Nobody gets it before anyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #4264
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    It's actually a calorie counter.

You have to lose weight to release Black Mesa for your country.

so i lose weight every second?

im worried if goes to 0

gg Africa
    so i lose weight every second? im worried if goes to 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #4265
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    377 Posts
    What time will it release in the UK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #4266
    December 2009
    2,211 Posts
    Just use the timer to count down...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #4267
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,098 Posts
    3.47pm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #4268
    February 2010
    5,891 Posts
    Tomorrow, fuck yes. I'm going to finish the mod, nonstop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #4269
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,530 Posts
    Eh, some of those animations look a little off. It's the clipping that's getting to me. The video is from March 2011 though, so hopefully they fixed it.

At least the voice acting doesn't sound bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4270
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,366 Posts
    Fuck me, every sourcemod i got except gmod doesnt start, it says "Steam Error, game unavailable", same with the SDK and bases 2006 and 2007, i hope to fuck this doesnt happen to BM, does anyone know how to fix it?
    Help.

Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #4271
    Dennab
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    cant wait to play it

32. Post #4272
    October 2010
    2,147 Posts
    Ugh, I will be home briefly from 3-5, then I can't get back to my computer till 11-12. By then, I'll probably be too tired to play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #4273
    January 2012
    830 Posts
    In Chile, we are on holidays. Tomorrow i'm out of the school at 9:30 am. Mod releases at 10:47 am. Lucky me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #4274
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    Just found out my family is driving up to Montréal.
    When, you ask?
    Friday, coming back on Tuesday.

I'll....I'll... I'll...

I've waited god knows how many fucking years for this

one more week

can't hurt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17 (list)

35. Post #4275
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,197 Posts
    When, you ask?

I'll....I'll... I'll...

one more week

can't hurt
    Avatar fits. I'm scheming to find a way to start the download while I'm at school. Anybody have any ideas?

36. Post #4276
    August 2009
    627 Posts
    Oh shit I just realized why the mod is releasing at 8:47 MST. I feel dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #4277
    August 2012
    304 Posts
    When, you ask?

I'll....I'll... I'll...

one more week

can't hurt
    All my feels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

38. Post #4278
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,972 Posts
    Avatar fits. I'm scheming to find a way to start the download while I'm at school. Anybody have any ideas?
    If you have a 4+ gig flashdrive, you MIGHT be able to use portableapps' version of Utorrent to torrent it at school. Past that, though, it'll be a bit tricky, and you'll probably have to wait till you get home. At least, that is what I'm doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #4279
    January 2010
    952 Posts
    If you have a 4+ gig flashdrive, you MIGHT be able to use portableapps' version of Utorrent to torrent it at school. Past that, though, it'll be a bit tricky, and you'll probably have to wait till you get home. At least, that is what I'm doing.
    Set up teamviewer on your home computer, grab the portable version on a school computer and connect from there. That's what I'm doing anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #4280
    October 2009
    8,336 Posts
    Set up teamviewer on your home computer, grab the portable version on a school computer and connect from there. That's what I'm doing anyway.
    I'd reccomend this, instead
    https://login.teamviewer.com/
    In cases like my school, you can't launch any .exe's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)