1. Post #6801
    March 2011
    936 Posts
    Sometimes, you have a shitty professor, but no alternative to get your grade.
    And you have to cope with it. I sure hope it's you case.
    Well my professor is great, knows a lot about html5 and javascript, he works with canvas easily but hates void elements, which he replaces with self-closing, uses w3shools fuckin' a lot and he says something like "they made html5 worse".
    So yeah, cope with it or else...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

2. Post #6802
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    319 Posts
    I had a professor in Networking who ignored most of what we were supposed to learn. At least the retarded stuff.

He made his own and based his judgement on our knowledge and not according to what some paper said.

I still talk to him now and then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #6803
    May 2010
    178 Posts
    Could I get some CC on this? It'll eventually be a sort of tourist site with information about a certain city, so take note that's just a placeholder logo ( and sorry for the blocked out portion in the footer, don't like giving away too much information ).

http://i.imgur.com/oqmGQ.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #6804
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I had a professor in Networking who ignored most of what we were supposed to learn. At least the retarded stuff.

He made his own and based his judgement on our knowledge and not according to what some paper said.

I still stalk him now and then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #6805
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    319 Posts
    nop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #6806
    If this is a 'fast' design, I'd be completely blown away by a deliberate design
    Kaboom?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #6807
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,087 Posts
    I want your babies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #6808
    October 2011
    2,165 Posts
    I don't see anything but a broken image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #6809
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    Open image in new tab
    (C'est très beau)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #6810
    I don't see anything but a broken image.
    If you cropped my avatar like that intentionally I applaud you.

I'll fix the link in a few. I used some random image host and hotlinked it since tinypic and imgur always shrink my big images down now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #6811
    ▓▓▓ italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    In how many hours did you manage to make that?

Edited:

That's an actual page, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

12. Post #6812
    February 2011
    920 Posts

Edited:

I can tell by the pixels

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #6813

Edited:

It's just a PS mockup right now. Dev time will be pretty quick though because it's all really rigid structure wise, styles are all really similar, and there's nothing too funky going on anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

14. Post #6814
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    924 Posts
    yeah, he should definitely drop the course if he's in higher education, but if he's in high school or middle school or something (I don't understand America sorry) then it's just something he has to deal with for the time being, and just keep a mental note that it's not best practice whatsoever
    Sorry guys for being late but I'm a Canadia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

15. Post #6815
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    254 Posts
    Spent the last day or two making a signature generator for Fearless, http://www.fearlessrp.net/sigs/ , was mostly just experimenting with the GD libary

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #6816
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    319 Posts
    Spent the last day or two making a signature generator for Fearless, http://www.fearlessrp.net/sigs/ , was mostly just experimenting with the GD libary

Did you check this out?

https://github.com/Firippu/Steam-Signature

17. Post #6817
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    254 Posts
    Didn't know it existed, I just used php.net to learn about GD libary and used my steam api to get steam info
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

18. Post #6818
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    319 Posts
    Didn't know it existed, I just used php.net to learn about GD libary and used my steam api to get steam info
    I realize that my statement may have sounded like "this has already been done".

It was not intended.

19. Post #6819
    November 2012
    31 Posts
    -snip- wrong section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #6820
    ▓▓▓ italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts

itallian?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

21. Post #6821
    itallian?
    wow I thought cleartype was spacing or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #6822
    ▓▓▓ italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    It's just a PS mockup right now. Dev time will be pretty quick though because it's all really rigid structure wise, styles are all really similar, and there's nothing too funky going on anywhere.
    How long to make the mockup?

23. Post #6823
    How long to make the mockup?
    I'd guess 3-4 hours. I was working on other stuff at the same time bouncing back and forth so I'm not 100% sure.

Edited:

Anyone know an image hosting site that won't shrink my shit and will let me hotlink the image? What was that one that a facepunch member was building with the turtle and the rocket?

24. Post #6824
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    I'd guess 3-4 hours. I was working on other stuff at the same time bouncing back and forth so I'm not 100% sure.

Edited:

Anyone know an image hosting site that won't shrink my shit and will let me hotlink the image? What was that one that a facepunch member was building with the turtle and the rocket?
    http://ezyimg.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #6825
    Updated the post with the working image link

26. Post #6826
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,587 Posts
    My new project at my job is a 50,000$ website, 1 month dev time

full responsive custom wordpress theme

get paid only 23k/year (poverty level?)

should prob quit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #6827

January 2012
    421 Posts

should prob quit
    If you're good at marketing, or you feel you would be, you could probably land these jobs yourself. Although I'm assuming your company offers extended maintenance, hence why the price is so high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #6828
    ▓▓▓ italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts

should prob quit
    lol if i worked at the office 8 hours a day i'd be paid 19k a year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1Programming King Programming King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #6829
    Holy shit you two are underpaid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6830
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    Holy shit you two are underpaid
    Depends on where you live.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #6831
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    Doesn't matter where you live, the amount you're worth doesn't change based on country. Even if it's average wage you're still getting underpaid seeing as you could quadruple your pay elsewhere if you're lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #6832
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    If you "quadruple" your pay elsewhere your costs would probably quadruple as well.
    For example. A loaf of bread in the Netherlands costs around 1.50 euro. Here in Croatia a loaf of bread costs around 6 kuna which is slightly less then 1 euro. The pay here is also lower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6833
    If you "quadruple" your pay elsewhere your costs would probably quadruple as well.
    For example. A loaf of bread in the Netherlands costs around 1.50 euro. Here in Croatia a loaf of bread costs around 6 kuna which is slightly less then 1 euro. The pay here is also lower.
    You don't have to relocate yourself to change employers, and you don't even have to relocate yourself to work for a company in a different country if you do want to work out of country to try to command a higher salary. We are web developers. The internet is the cornerstone of what we do, it also allows you to work on anything from anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #6834
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    That's true. I have however seen very little employers who allow you to work from home, let alone from a different country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #6835
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,087 Posts

make sure you cache that shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #6836
    Made this real quick because I just despise those game-tracker things.
    It gets the job done.

http://liberumgamers.net/pages/Servers/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #6837
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,465 Posts
    Made this real quick because I just despise those game-tracker things.
    It gets the job done.

http://liberumgamers.net/pages/Servers/
    "Counter-Strike: Global Offense"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #6838
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,637 Posts
    "Counter-Strike: Global Offense"
    It's not that offensive is it? ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #6839
    March 2011
    936 Posts
    Doesn't matter where you live, the amount you're worth doesn't change based on country. Even if it's average wage you're still getting underpaid seeing as you could quadruple your pay elsewhere if you're lucky.
    It does matter, try living in Portugal or Greece. With a salary like that, in Portugal, you would be consider by the government a upper middle class, which means you are almost rich!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

40. Post #6840
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,692 Posts
    As other said, it really does matter. 25k$/year after taxes would be a VERY good wage for one person in Lithuania, so yes, it really does matter where you live.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)