Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,760 Posts
    Greetings from holland
    OC

working on a new map :P and wrong thread only notice that now , lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 14Informative x 12Programming King x 3Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts

*whistle*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,100 Posts
    how about we post content instead of testing out csrf exploits okay thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 7Disagree x 3Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    I'm working on an application that gives electron configurations for elements and quantum numbers for single electrons.

The combo box lets you select an element, or you can enter a name or atomic number.
    It's pretty much my first thing of any use using GUI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    February 2011
    72 Posts
    Google doesn't take 30%. They take $.30 + 2.9%.
    Am I missing something? Not saying you're wrong, but the linked document appears to conflict with what you're saying, and I can't find much else on it o.O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,204 Posts
    That is very cool, but for some reason my Desire S isn't supported. What sensors does it use?
    Gyroscope, the Desire S doesn't have it. Wallpapyrus is free and supports gyroscope-less devices though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

8. Post #248
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Google doesn't take 30%. They take $.30 + 2.9%.
    That's the google checkout fees? I believe that the android market has its own fees associated with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Recently I've become addicted to Space Station 13, but BYOND is a utterly terrible engine so I've decided I'm going to make a SS13 remake (obviously this won't end up anywhere but at least it looks nice so have this picture)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,119 Posts
    I'm working on an application that gives electron configurations for elements and quantum numbers for single electrons.

The combo box lets you select an element, or you can enter a name or atomic number.
    It's pretty much my first thing of any use using GUI
    Is that Mint 12?

Edited:

Recently I've become addicted to Space Station 13, but BYOND is a utterly terrible engine so I've decided I'm going to make a SS13 remake (obviously this won't end up anywhere but at least it looks nice so have this picture)
    What about Froid 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,406 Posts
    The guys that made SS13 are actually doing a remake on a new engine(not sure which).

Even so that's pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #252
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    What about Froid 2
    It's paused until I find out what's causing the terrible performance.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    Is that Mint 12?
    No, it's Mint 11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,757 Posts
    I am interested in this, enough so to help develop it. Add me on steam if you're interested in a programming partner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,562 Posts
    Oh god SS13 is such an amazing game. Dlaor if that gets ANYWHERE near as good as SS13 is then I will have your babies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    980 Posts

Don't mind me
    We won't, don't worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,562 Posts
    So I took a bit of a break from graphical programming and started on something I've wanted to do for a long time; an algebraic calculator.
    So far I've gotten a basic RPN-based calculator that can handle +, -, * and / operations. Adding more should be very easy, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

When I've added a few more common operators, as well as unary minus and so on, I plan to implement the shunting-yard algorithm to parse "normal" expressions such as "(3 + 5) * 10".

Edited:
    Oh, and it works with floating point numbers. I forgot to show that in my first screenshot!

No floating point input just yet; my parser doesn't recognise the '.' character yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #259
    August 2011
    771 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,597 Posts
    So I took a bit of a break from graphical programming and started on something I've wanted to do for a long time; an algebraic calculator.
    So far I've gotten a basic RPN-based calculator that can handle +, -, * and / operations. Adding more should be very easy, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

When I've added a few more common operators, as well as unary minus and so on, I plan to implement the shunting-yard algorithm to parse "normal" expressions such as "(3 + 5) * 10".

Edited:
    Oh, and it works with floating point numbers. I forgot to show that in my first screenshot!

No floating point input just yet; my parser doesn't recognise the '.' character yet.

You lucky bastard! D:

For my Comp Sci class, we have to edit a program that solves RPN to allow it to accept exponents and brackets... I've got the exponents part figured out, but the bracket part really pisses me off. Anyone want to give me some tips if I post the source code given to us?

Also, I'm working on a simple text game, so it's not really that awesome, its accepting basic inputs like MOVE, or TAKE now which is really cool :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,562 Posts
    You lucky bastard! D:

For my Comp Sci class, we have to edit a program that solves RPN to allow it to accept exponents and brackets... I've got the exponents part figured out, but the bracket part really pisses me off. Anyone want to give me some tips if I post the source code given to us?

Also, I'm working on a simple text game, so it's not really that awesome, its accepting basic inputs like MOVE, or TAKE now which is really cool :D
    I was under the impression that one of the major reasons to use RPN was to eliminate the need for brackets! I know you can check for bracket validity using a stack; i.e for each ( you encounter, push a value onto the stack, and for each ) you encounter pop a value off that stack. What those values are, is something you'll have to work out! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    lint64.c

/*
    * lint64.c
    * Addition of int64/toint64() for Lua 5.1
    * Andrew McWatters <me at andrewmcwatters.com>
    * 2 Jan 2012 21:33:00
    */

#include <stdlib.h>
    #include <string.h>

#define lint64_c

#include "lua.h"

#include "lauxlib.h"
    #include "lint64.h"

/*
    ** access functions (stack -> C)
    */

LUA_API int64 lua_tointeger64 (lua_State *L, int idx) {
      int64 n = *(int64 *)lua_touserdata(L, idx);
      return n;
    }

/*
    ** push functions (C -> stack)
    */

LUA_API void lua_pushinteger64 (lua_State *L, int64 n) {
      int64 *pn = (int64 *)lua_newuserdata(L, sizeof(int64));
      *pn = n;
      luaL_getmetatable(L, "int64");
      lua_setmetatable(L, -2);
    }

LUALIB_API int64 luaL_checkinteger64 (lua_State *L, int narg) {
      int64 *d = (int64 *)luaL_checkudata(L, narg, "int64");
      if (d == NULL)  /* avoid extra test when d is not 0 */
        luaL_typerror(L, narg, "int64");
      return *d;
    }

static int int64___eq (lua_State *L) {
      lua_pushboolean(L, lua_tointeger64(L, 1) == lua_tointeger64(L, 2));
      return 1;
    }

static int int64___tostring (lua_State *L) {
      char d[21];
      sprintf_s(d, 21, "%lld", luaL_checkinteger64(L, 1));
      lua_pushfstring(L, "%s", d);
      return 1;
    }

static const luaL_Reg int64meta[] = {
      {"__eq", int64___eq},
      {"__tostring", int64___tostring},
      {NULL, NULL}
    };

static int toint64 (lua_State *L) {
      // Andrew; ew.
      lua_pushinteger64(L, _atoi64(luaL_checkstring(L, 1)));
      return 1;
    }

static const luaL_Reg int64_funcs[] = {
      {"toint64", toint64},
      {NULL, NULL}
    };

/*
    ** Open int64 object
    */
    int luaopen_int64 (lua_State *L) {
      luaL_newmetatable(L, "int64");
      luaL_register(L, NULL, int64meta);
      lua_pushvalue(L, -1);  /* push metatable */
      lua_setfield(L, -2, "__index");  /* metatable.__index = metatable */
      lua_pushstring(L, "int64");
      lua_setfield(L, -2, "__type");  /* metatable.__type = "int64" */
      luaL_register(L, "_G", int64_funcs);
      lua_pop(L, 2);
      return 1;
    }

:(

23. Post #263
    September 2008
    706 Posts
    Spoilers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

24. Post #264
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    require( "lopensteamworks" )

local chatID = CSteamID()
    chatID:SetFromUint64( toint64( "103582791430091926" ) )

local hSteamPipe = ISteamClient012.CreateSteamPipe();
    local hSteamUser = ISteamClient012.ConnectToGlobalUser(hSteamPipe);

local steamFriends = ISteamClient012.GetISteamFriends( hSteamUser, hSteamPipe );
    steamFriends:JoinClanChatRoom( chatID )

:)

Edited:

lint64.c

:(
    Whoops, I used my __type check for inheritance there, I should be using luaL_checkudata.

Edited:

Fixed, updated the post above
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    Beginning work on my MMO again
    I changed a shitload of variables to private and made Gets/Sets. It was a bitch changing all the code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 23Programming King Programming King x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,406 Posts
    I changed a shitload of variables to private and made Gets/Sets. It was a bitch changing all the code.
    Love the art style, whoever did it should get an award of some kind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    September 2011
    320 Posts
    Is it just me, or does his body look like a ball-sack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 66Funny Funny x 12Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    October 2011
    54 Posts
    Is it just me, or does his body look like a ball-sack?
    I BEG TO DIFFER (Hi Facepunch the Artist for this MMO here), This is a Neck with 2 Thighs D:<...

Now that i look at it... it kinda does... when there is no equips...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    February 2011
    72 Posts
    That's the google checkout fees? I believe that the android market has its own fees associated with it.
    Did a bit more digging for anyone that cares (I wanted to know anyway), and google checkout has a separate transaction fee for transactions via the android market, which is 30%. The 2.9% + $0.30 or whatever is for standard google checkout transactions, not android.

http://support.google.com/checkout/s...n&answer=89800
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    Because videos are better:
    Be warned, it has audio (it captured my desktop audio)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    -vid-
    Artwork and the animation style sort of looks like Squeebs. Nonetheless, great job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    why is the torso a nutsack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 12Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    The torso is a scrote
    Remove the thighs, just make it one blob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    762 Posts
    Added saving and loading to and from JSON to my editor. Everything is loaded from the maps folder, except protected levels. It also defaults to a random entrance, exit or waypoint if they haven't been placed by the player.

Code:
    {
    	"platform" : "8,7,6,14,22,30,28,29,20,12,4,5,31,32,24,40,48,47,46,54,62,63,64,53,52,51,50,42,34,18,26,19,3,2,1,9,17,41,49,57,58"
    	"bridge" : "8N,7N,6N,5N,4E,12E,14E,6E,22E,30N,29N,28W,19N,20N,18E,26E,34E,42E,50S,51S,52S,53S,54E,54W,62S,63S,46S,47S,48W,40W,32W,32N,31N,4N,3N,2N,1E,9E,17S,42N,41E,49E,57S"
    	"entrance" : "random"
    	"exit" : "random"
    	"waypoint" : "random"
    }
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    My server is such a beast. No matter what fucked up shit we do that crashes the client, I have yet to see a server crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    November 2011
    76 Posts
    My server is the exact opposite. Sometimes it even crashes when a client disconnects or when two clients connect at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 17Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    Programming King and Most Patient Member 2013
    December 2008
    1,244 Posts
    Just typed out a looong PM to someone who was asking how the grapher worked, it went over the character limit so I had to split it up :S
    Anyway, back to work now :)

Edited:

I can't express how much I envy your work ethic.
    Normally, a major rewrite hinders progress on anything I do for atleast a week. You? You just work twice as hard to make up for it and have a working copy by the end of the day.
    I really admire Maurice and Ziks and I really admire you for that same reason.
    And your project is awesome.
    You wouldn't be so admiring if you'd seen the source code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    LOL
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,070 Posts
    This looks awesome, what are you writing it in?

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,339 Posts
    This looks awesome, what are you writing it in?
    C++ with Allegro, Raknet and Mysql++.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Here you go: https://github.com/naelstrof/quadtrees
    It'll only compile properly on linux, add me on steam if you want to port it to windows. It shouldn't be hard.
    Always licence your code!
    If you don't care what people do with it, simply shove a MIT licence in a LICENCE file in the document root. It's a real-world version of the WTFPL licence along with a legal "cover my ass" sticker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)