1. Post #41

December 2011
    92 Posts
    so give some sources why is that so hard
    Go into BF3 thread, tell you're recommending a dual core for BF3 to someone. Personal experience, tons of micro-freezes and general poor FPS from a dual core CPU in BF3.

Edited:

annnd we changed about helping a guy build his 900 dollars computer to a amd vs intel war
    Its not a brand war, he is recommending a dual core for modern gaming and bringing up various ad hominem arguments.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,060 Posts
    omg

so give me some sources

I'm not going to prove myself wrong if that's what you're asking me to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #43

December 2011
    92 Posts
    omg

so give me some sources

I'm not going to prove myself wrong if that's what you're asking me to do
    BF3 runs better on a quad core then it does on a dual core.
    Time and time again I've told you this lol.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    Its not a brand war, he is recommending a dual core for modern gaming and bringing up various ad hominem arguments.
    If you're going to start talking about logical fallacies then you might want to understand them first, to start you don't say something like "bringing up various ad hominem arguments."

Also this fallacy might interest you, it's called burden of proof and you don't seem to understand it very well.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-of-proof.html

Edited:

BF3 runs better on a quad core then it does on a dual core.
    Time and time again I've told you this lol.
    Told=/=proved. Now you're just trolling because you're purposely refusing to provide evidence to keep this argument going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #45

December 2011
    92 Posts
    If you're going to start talking about logical fallacies then you might want to understand them first, to start you don't say something like "bringing up various ad hominem arguments."

Also this fallacy might interest you, it's called burden of proof and you don't seem to understand it very well.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-of-proof.html

Edited:

Told=/=proved. Now you're just trolling because you're purposely refusing to provide evidence to keep this argument going.
    Do you play games? Do you play BF3? You should know this.
    Here quoted from the minimum requirements. Should note they are describing minimum as a 8800GT, and a 8800GT runs it at low 30FPS.

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
    Graphics card memory: 512 MB
    Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
    Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
    Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
    Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Proved, use google next time you idiots or actually play games that arent Gmod.

Edited:

I am the clear winner here, the inferior dual core promoting team has retreated from the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    I'm so confused now.

Edited:

Since this thread got majorly derailed into a Intel vs AMD war I tried making a new build from suggestions from other threads and I just want to know if this is the best I can do for less than $1000 dollars.

The total of this is $996.92 after the promo codes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    Knew he was a fucking troll....

Oh sorry OP, this is my fault, I apologize. That build is actually pretty good, I've edited it a bit, let me know what you think. I'll explain my choices below.

Ok so first off I swapped the hard drive for a Samung F3. I personally run a Seagate, but the general consensus is that there are some of them that are prone to dying, so I'm actually looking into buying an F3 before they go away due to the recent Samsung HDD acquisition. Samsung F3s are widely known as fast reliable drives. On top of that the F3 comes with a free Antec 200 case which I was unaware of until I added it to my cart. The free case allowed me to open up some funds to get a better motherboard and a better power supply. It's not an amazing flashy case, but I think getting a better mobo is worth more in the long run, especially since the mobo has Crossfire support and runs on Intel's overclockable chipset. The motherboard you chose wouldn't allow any overclocking

I changed the ram because I no longer had the combo deal, all ram is essentially equal so it doesn't matter much. They won't die or overheat or anything, they just may not look as "cool".

The Neo Eco 620W is a very good power supply. When looking at a power supply you need to check how many amps it puts out on the 12 volt rails, because those are what most modern components use. The Neo Eco puts out 576W which is pretty good, where as the Corsair only puts out 480W even though the advertised wattage was only 20W lower.

I changed the monitor because Acer monitors are known to have color banding issues and in that price range I would definitely expect some stuck or dead pixels. I've had good experience with Asus, Samsung, LG etc, and the Asus was a good price so I just threw it in. I had a similar 23" Asus and it was always good.

Everything else is as you chose it, and the build is now actually a few dollars cheaper. Good luck with your new build.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Thank you so much. I thought this thread was dead. I will hopefully buy it within a few days.
    I was just wondering if this build could run Skryim or BF3 on max settings.
    Thanks again.

9. Post #49

January 2012
    169 Posts

Oh sorry OP, this is my fault, I apologize. That build is actually pretty good, I've edited it a bit, let me know what you think. I'll explain my choices below.

Ok so first off I swapped the hard drive for a Samung F3. I personally run a Seagate, but the general consensus is that there are some of them that are prone to dying, so I'm actually looking into buying an F3 before they go away due to the recent Samsung HDD acquisition. Samsung F3s are widely known as fast reliable drives. On top of that the F3 comes with a free Antec 200 case which I was unaware of until I added it to my cart. The free case allowed me to open up some funds to get a better motherboard and a better power supply. It's not an amazing flashy case, but I think getting a better mobo is worth more in the long run, especially since the mobo has Crossfire support and runs on Intel's overclockable chipset. The motherboard you chose wouldn't allow any overclocking

I changed the ram because I no longer had the combo deal, all ram is essentially equal so it doesn't matter much. They won't die or overheat or anything, they just may not look as "cool".

The Neo Eco 620W is a very good power supply. When looking at a power supply you need to check how many amps it puts out on the 12 volt rails, because those are what most modern components use. The Neo Eco puts out 576W which is pretty good, where as the Corsair only puts out 480W even though the advertised wattage was only 20W lower.

I changed the monitor because Acer monitors are known to have color banding issues and in that price range I would definitely expect some stuck or dead pixels. I've had good experience with Asus, Samsung, LG etc, and the Asus was a good price so I just threw it in. I had a similar 23" Asus and it was always good.

Everything else is as you chose it, and the build is now actually a few dollars cheaper. Good luck with your new build.
    Lurking abit around this section and I just reviewed your build..
    The M6800's are in my opinion inferior mice and do not feel as nice, or handle as nice as Logitech mice. I recommend trying to get a G500 or M510?
    The NEO ECO line is not very reliable at all, I would stress Enermax or Seasonic. Please don't forget that control is almost as important as framerate if not more important then framerate if you're thinking of getting Battlefield 3, a competitive game where every pixel matters, especially your DPI in longer range scenarios. I know the G500 has a nice 5700 DPI so I would recommend that over most other mice.
    The other argument between a few users in this thread has been the late i3's versus AMD's Phenom II X4 lates. I confirm the Phenom II X4 will perform over the i3 in a intensive multiplayer game like Battlefield 3. He would be able to get decent FPS on the smaller sized maps; Metro and Bazaar. But on the most played Conquest Large maps such as Gulf of Oman or Caspian Border he would suffer by a large amount compared to the FX series or the Phenom II X4 series, I've personally experimented with this and it is near unplayable on most maps because of the intense destruction and mutlitasking going on while playing with 63 other players. He may be able to play fine on 24 player matches, but then there would be no reason to purchase a PC and he may as well be using a Xbox or PS3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    The NEO ECO line is not very reliable at all, I would stress Enermax or Seasonic.
    it's seasonic OEMd, has no reliability issues and is the best option for lower budgets
    don't talk about what you don't know about

DPI means nothing compared to the sensor itself, a mouse could have 57,000 dpi and still be crap

The other argument between a few users in this thread has been the late i3's versus AMD's Phenom II X4 lates. I confirm the Phenom II X4 will perform over the i3 in a intensive multiplayer game like Battlefield 3. He would be able to get decent FPS on the smaller sized maps; Metro and Bazaar. But on the most played Conquest Large maps such as Gulf of Oman or Caspian Border he would suffer by a large amount compared to the FX series or the Phenom II X4 series, I've personally experimented with this.
    gee, I wonder who is the only other person in this subforum saying exactly this
    who was also conveniently banned not long ago
    and also obsessed with seasonic branded and enermax
    and also obsessed with using battlefield 3 as his only example
    and also
    BANNED USER banned 2012 for 12 Hours in Detained Pakistani man pleads: 'I'm not a threat to Australia' with the reason “Dumb/Trolling”
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #51

January 2012
    169 Posts
    it's seasonic OEMd, has no reliability issues and is the best option for lower budgets
    don't talk about what you don't know about

gee, I wonder who is the only other person in this subforum saying exactly this
    who was also conveniently banned not long ago
    and also obsessed with seasonic branded and enermax
    and also obsessed with using battlefield 3 as his only example
    Hey, neat I just signed up from Reddit and now I am being hoarded by users who are claiming I am a different individual. I am simply giving my two cents and if you do not like me because you think I am another then I'm going to ignore list you. Thanks for correcting me about the NEO ECO, I've heard some bad things about NEO ECO's and I guess they have corrected their cap issues. I'm not "obsessed" about one partiuclar brand as you have somehow infered from my 4 posts on this forum one of which is in this particular section. I enjoy Battlefield 3 and it is the most popular online game on the PC high-end platform, the original poster mentioned it so I thought I'd use it as a example.
    Please don't talk about stuff you do not know about, the G500 has a amazing sensor and is a great overall mouse. DPI means alot and using a High DPI:Low Sensitivity ratio can reduce pixel skipping and give a smoother end user experience.
    I would also like to thank you for bringing up my nationality because being from the same country as another obviously makes them the same person, so how about your new wife.. Prince of England?

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    Hey, neat I just signed up from Reddit and now I am being hoarded by users who are claiming I am a different individual. I am simply giving my two cents and if you do not like me because you think I am another then I'm going to ignore list you. Thanks for correcting me about the NEO ECO, I've heard some bad things about NEO ECO's and I guess they have corrected their cap issues.
    oh no, however will I live with myself knowing an misinformed and loudly stupid person is ignoring me
    are you 12

13. Post #53

January 2012
    169 Posts
    oh no, however will I live with myself knowing an misinformed and loudly stupid person is ignoring me
    I'd like to think is was just trolling but when you're this transparent it's pretty clear dumb/trolling is accurate
    when you're banned, leave and spread your misinformation elsewhere
    Yeah okay.. ignore list where is it.

reapaninja has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.
    Thanks!

14. Post #54
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Should I just leave it the way it is and choose a new mouse?

15. Post #55

January 2012
    169 Posts
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104318
    G500 is a really good mouse. Learn more about the High DPI to Low Sensitivity ratio once you get it. I'm not going to force feed you it but having a higher DPI and a lower sensitivity in relation to a higher DPI will give you a advantage over the enemy at anything passed 50 meters.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts

...stuff
    swap the 6950 for the $210 560ti, they perform too similarly for anything near $50 to be worth it
    change mobo to asrock z68 extreme3
    it's just a rubberdome keyboard, spend less on it
    use that to change to http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optic...5479110&sr=8-1
    maybe stick the free antec two hundred on ebay and get something like a haf 912, it might be free but it's not a good case

17. Post #57

January 2012
    169 Posts

I think I have finally found a good community :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts

I think I have finally found a good community :)
    What was the point of this post?

19. Post #59

January 2012
    169 Posts
    What was the point of this post?
    I think he was trying to troll me for no reason so I made sure he knew responding was not worth his time. Unless he would like to enlarge his ego. Can we please discuss something more relevant to the core topic such as the things I suggested instead of attempting a false smear against me for my nationality?

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    swap the 6950 for the $210 560ti, they perform too similarly for anything near $50 to be worth it
    change mobo to asrock z68 extreme3
    it's just a rubberdome keyboard, spend less on it
    use that to change to http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optic...5479110&sr=8-1
    maybe stick the free antec two hundred on ebay and get something like a haf 912, it might be free but it's not a good case
    The 6950 situation is debatable. If that card unlocks to a 6970 it's worth the money over a 560 Ti, but I don't know if that one unlocks.

Other than that I agree with pretty much everything you said. The Extreme3 just sent me over budget when using the 6950, but it's definitely the mobo to get at the moment.

21. Post #61
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Thank you all for your help. I finally made a decision to get garrynohome's build but with the g500 mouse.

You guys helped me so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #62

January 2012
    169 Posts
    The 6950 situation is debatable. If that card unlocks to a 6970 it's worth the money over a 560 Ti, but I don't know if that one unlocks.

Other than that I agree with pretty much everything you said. The Extreme3 just sent me over budget when using the 6950, but it's definitely the mobo to get at the moment.
    I agree, the ASROCK Extreme3 is great for the price but I think a P67 should suit him fine for what he is actually doing. Dident they start laser cutting the 6950 die?

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    I think he was trying to troll me for no reason so I made sure he knew responding was not worth his time. Unless he would like to enlarge his ego. Can we please discuss something more relevant to the core topic such as the things I suggested instead of attempting a false smear against me for my nationality?
    You use the same OS and browser, you live in the same country, you registered very shortly after he got banned, and you're just as bad regarding computer knowledge. It's a fair assumption that you're his alt, but it's just an assumption and nobody can confirm it, don't take it personally. Perhaps a moderator should look into it.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts

if using the 560ti means having the funds to get a haf912 over the 200 then it's worth it
    I don't like telling other people to gamble with their hardware, especially this late into AMD locking the cards through hardware
    if there's a chance for people to unlock then it's all fine for the people buying the lower version but I'm not going to tell people to play lottery with their money

25. Post #65

January 2012
    169 Posts
    Thank you all for your help. I finally made a decision to get garrynohome's build but with the g500 mouse.

You guys helped me so much.
    elih here is a quick equation for setting up your comfortable sensitivity with 5700DPI, I'm assuming that you already have a sensitivity you like in games.
    You want to change your dpi but you don't know to which value you should change the ingame sensitivity to have the same cursor speed?

Formula:

a. current dpi / new dpi = x
    b. current ingame sensitivity * x = new ingame sensitivity

Example:

Let's say you played all the time on 1100 dpi and ingame sensitivity of about 0,1. You figured out your mouse has a dpi of 5600 and you want to use this dpi but you also want to have the same cursor speed. Some maths will help you:

a. 1100 / 5600 = 0,196429
    b. 0,1 * 0,196429 = 0,0196429

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    if using the 560ti means having the funds to get a haf912 over the 200 then it's worth it
    I don't like telling other people to gamble with their hardware, especially this late into AMD locking the cards through hardware
    if there's a chance for people to unlock then it's all fine for the people buying the lower version but I'm not going to tell people to play lottery with their money
    You make a good point. The Sapphire 6950 I got came with a 6970 bios, but leaving it to chance might not be such a bright idea, and the Antec 200 is pretty shitty. Glad we have people like you to proofread the rest of us when we make silly decisions.

27. Post #67

January 2012
    169 Posts
    You use the same OS and browser, you live in the same country, you registered very shortly after he got banned, and you're just as bad regarding computer knowledge. It's a fair assumption that you're his alt, but it's just an assumption and nobody can confirm it, don't take it personally. Perhaps a moderator should look into it.
    Doesn't matter to me much at all to be honest, Chrome is a great browser, Windows 7 is the must have OS and Canada is the best country to live in. My computer knowledge is great, I am not sure why you make assumptions based on one error? The last I heard of a NEO ECO was back when they had bad caps. Maybe you are a alt of the banned user? You use the same OS, Browser and live in Canada, dual personalities? You're also attacking me for trying to help someone and derailing the thread ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    Doesn't matter to me much at all to be honest, Chrome is a great browser, Windows 7 is the must have OS and Canada is the best country to live in. My computer knowledge is great, I am not sure why you make assumptions based on one error? The last I heard of a NEO ECO was back when they had bad caps.
    I'm not making an assumption, I'm saying he had good reason to make one. You're putting words in my mouth and it's not a good way to build your reputation.

Maybe you are a alt of the banned user? You use the same OS, Browser and live in Canada, dual personalities? You're also attacking me for trying to help someone and derailing the thread ;)
    Now you're strawmanning because you're leaving out the key point that you decided to register extremely soon after he was perma'd.

29. Post #69

January 2012
    169 Posts
    I'm not making an assumption, I'm saying he had good reason to make one. You're putting words in my mouth and it's not a good way to build your reputation.
    Talk about reputations! You people started attacking me straight up for living in Canada, using Chrome and the Windows operating system. Anyway, I don't really care anymore mind not replying to this message and getting back on topic? I don't think Elih gives one bit about your conspiracy against me?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,432 Posts
    Talk about reputations! You people started attacking me straight up for living in Canada, using Chrome and the Windows operating system.
    You're wasting my time with your false accusations and fallacies, I'm out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    don't forget about getting overly defensive about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    If I change the motherboard to the asrock z68 extreme3 it costs $3 less than the P67.
    Also if the Radeon 6950 is a little less powerful than the gtx 560ti for just about the same price should I change the mother board to the asrock z68 extreme3 and the graphics card to the 560ti?

33. Post #73

January 2012
    169 Posts
    If I change the motherboard to the asrock z68 extreme3 it costs $3 less than the P67.
    Also if the Radeon 6950 is a little less powerful than the gtx 560ti for just about the same price should I change the mother board to the asrock z68 extreme3 and the graphics card to the 560ti?
    Get the Z68, the 6950 performs better then the 560 ti afaik.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    the z68 extreme3 is currently one of the best value 1155 mobos, and few people need anything more than it
    the 560ti and 6950 perform fairly similarly, the main reason for changing is there's a gigabyte 560ti for $50 less than that HIS 6950 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125401
    any performance differences will not be worth $50

Edited:

just a note about the G500, mine has developed a creaky left mouse button and it's not an uncommon problem, though I have no idea if it means anything is breaking or if I just have to put up with the noise every time I click
    it depends whether this is likely to bother you, if it is the G400 for $35 is a good price
    laser still isn't really any better than a good optical sensor and the free scrolling mouse wheel is neat but gimmicky, you're not losing a huge amount going to the g400
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    I changed the 6950 to the gtx 560 ti. I going to keep the G500. Thank you for the information though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76

January 2012
    169 Posts
    I changed the 6950 to the gtx 560 ti. I going to keep the G500. Thank you for the information though.
    Good choice. Your rig is going to be awesome, happy gaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    October 2010
    765 Posts
    Are you going to overclock? You could always drop the K and go with an H61/7 and maybe get a better GPU or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    786 Posts
    Its to late I bought it this afternoon.
    Can I still overclock though?

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,773 Posts
    Its to late I bought it this afternoon.
    Can I still overclock though?
    Yes you can.

40. Post #80
    July 2010
    308 Posts
    Why didnt anyone point out the cx's were ieds?
    Corsair CX= BAD IDEA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)