1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,540 Posts
    Thread worthy, maybe not but I just had a question with maybe some side discussion.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamer_7601

700 hours of playtime in the past two weeks. As far as I am aware, that's almost a month worth of hours. How is that possible? Also, look at the join date - 2003. Didn't steam release with HL2 in 2004?

I'm wondering if he's some test account that just runs multiple games 24/7. Then again, not sure why it'd be in Germany as the location

Oh, and you don't even want to know his total Gmod hours. It's almost 8k. That's close to a full year of playing non-stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,568 Posts
    I am guessing he just modded his stats.

Yeah that may put you onto "leaderboards" somewhere, but you look like a douchebag while doing it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,146 Posts
    That's more than a month's worth of hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,192 Posts
    add him as a friend then ask him

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,563 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,017 Posts
    How is that possible?
    By being hardcore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member

December 2009
    1,339 Posts
    He has 700 games. Holy shit.

I think he might be a shared account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,112 Posts
    Thread worthy, maybe not but I just had a question with maybe some side discussion.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamer_7601

700 hours of playtime in the past two weeks. As far as I am aware, that's almost a month worth of hours. How is that possible? Also, look at the join date - 2003. Didn't steam release with HL2 in 2004?

I'm wondering if he's some test account that just runs multiple games 24/7. Then again, not sure why it'd be in Germany as the location

Oh, and you don't even want to know his total Gmod hours. It's almost 8k. That's close to a full year of playing non-stop.
    Steam has been around since 2003 and for the games the dude could be either sharing the account or leaving the games open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

December 2009
    1,339 Posts
    Maybe its an internet cafe account?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts
    I dont think internet cafe accs have friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,540 Posts
    Even if he was shared, IIRC only one person can be logged in at the same time?

I thought it was a cafe account too until I saw the join date and him having friends.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts
    Maybe hes just a rich guy that's had steam since 2003. Every possibility exists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,146 Posts
    Maybe hes just a rich guy that's had steam since 2003. Every possibility exists
    Um, except for the fact he played a month's time worth of games in two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,464 Posts
    Holy shit 8000 hours of Gmod. Few more hours and he will unlock that one year achievement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,104 Posts
    G-mod wise, he might have ran a dedicated listen server for someone or something. The Galaxy Simulator though, I have no idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #16
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    he clearly have a time machine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,892 Posts
    Um, except for the fact he played a month's time worth of games in two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,403 Posts
    Also I imagine you can inflate your total hrs played by running more than one game at once? I doubt he's somehow "hacked" his hours played. His join date is the day Steam launched (can you look this up on Wikipedia or something).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events