1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    513 Posts
    Well those 2 notifications have different meanings. If it says to please wait that means you are currently pasting, downloading a file, or uploading a file. When you manually put the files to the folder, they load into the menu when you start the game and pull out the tool?
    yea but trying to click then or right clicking and hitting open cause either the please wait or file not found message to appear. it seems to be random but the please wait message comes up more often.

I got it to work once with one file I am not sure what happens but it worked when I loaded up a new session. I tried this with someone else hosting also and I am still unable to open uploaded files.

2. Post #322

May 2012
    2 Posts
    Im going to get so bashed in the head with a bat for this but what the hell. How do i download this tool? When i click the link it takes me to googlecode and i have to keep drilling down through the folders to find one small part of the file.
    yeah happened to me to look up on you tube how to install svns

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    yea but trying to click then or right clicking and hitting open cause either the please wait or file not found message to appear. it seems to be random but the please wait message comes up more often.

I got it to work once with one file I am not sure what happens but it worked when I loaded up a new session. I tried this with someone else hosting also and I am still unable to open uploaded files.
    Is this server dedicated or a listen server?

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,882 Posts
    Does anyone know why the SVN says it's fully up to date despite the folder in Addons I'm checking it out into is completely empty? I love this thing, been using it on a server, but I can not get the SVN to work on SP. Just says it's fully up to date yet it isn't downloaded at all.

On a side note this is why I hate SVN. Such a pain in the ass. But oh well.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Delete the folder and do an SVN checkout again.

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,882 Posts
    Yeah, tried that three times. Even checked out to my desktop instead of addons. I got it in by installing a second SVN client.

7. Post #327
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I have another issue. However and whatever I try to download from my server via FTP always ends with the error "Could not open [@addons\advdupe2\lua\advdupe2\sv_codec.lua:646] detected AD2 file corrupted in file transfer (newlines homogenized)(when using FTP, transfer AD2 files in image/binary mode, not ASCII/text mode)". Of course I used the binary mode (first try was via the Filezilla, second through the WinSCP. Protocol: SFTP). Here you've got an example dupe from my server: http://speedy.sh/J28vY/m2a1-105mm-howitzer.zip
    I found solution. If you have same problem and you have Linux server then before copying anything with the binary mode run command via SSH:
    Code:
    sed -e 's/$/\r/' your_dupe.txt > yourdupe_with_a_little_different_name.txt
    And then download new file. Should work.

8. Post #328
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,717 Posts
    The files are not loaded/saved in "binary mode" in windows so it breaks. In GMod 13 you can define binary mode and this problem should go away (files not breaking between the systems) unless you transfer in text mode that is

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,972 Posts
    I'm getting this weird error when trying to download the SVN,

how do i computer?

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    390 Posts
    In Gmod13 on construct, Vanilla install (except for AdvDupe2), when I click on the tool I get this:

Simple Timer Error: attempt to index field 'TextEntry' (a nil value)
    addons/advdupe2/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/advdupe2.lua:1628
    attempt to call field 'TFind' (a nil value)
    addons/advdupe2/lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/advdupe2.lua:1445
    Hook 'AD2MenuFormat' Failed: attempt to index global 'g_ActiveControlPanel' (a nil value)
    addons/advdupe2/lua/advdupe2/cl_browser.lua:791

how do i computer?
    Just tried it with http://advdupe2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/AdvDupe2/ and didn't have any problems. Not sure, try using the root folder http://advdupe2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and move it out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Yeah, I haven't worked on a GMOD 13 version yet. Most of the gui is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

how do i computer?
    It's a generic 502 error, the problem is somewhere between you and the server, not in either end.

13. Post #333
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Bug
    Adv dupe 2 doesn't always save weights. Like I can set something's mass to 1, then dupe it, and it's back to the default value. REALLY annoying.

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    What other kinds of modifiers are you putting on the props?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    What other kinds of modifiers are you putting on the props?
    weight. parenting.

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    weight. parenting.
    Well there's your problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Well there's your problem.
    wat

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Once a prop is parented, it loses its physical properties. That's how its always been in GMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #339
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Once a prop is parented, it loses its physical properties. That's how its always been in GMod.
    and that would affect weight?

Edited:
    Think it's fixed, problem probably was something else but appeared like it was an ad2 problem

20. Post #340
    DefaultText.ini
    February 2011
    1,342 Posts
    I find that if I spawn a dupe even with the freeze setting on when I walk around on props I fidget all over as if they were unfrozen.

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts

22. Post #342
    January 2010
    107 Posts
    -TB-, don't know if this the right place, I just started fixing to get it run in the beta, but now Im stuck. May be you guys could take a look into it. I opened issue 13 in your bugtracker.

code_X posted:
    Hi,

I started to get adv2 running for gmod13. Its not finished, but maybe its helping you to work on.

The DTreeFix.lua is just a temporary workaround until a better way is found for the missing DTree:GetItems() and DTree:SortByMember() functions. Basicly it is just a copy of the original DTree.lua file with the two missing functions readded from garrysmod 12.

The "return" after umsg.Start("AdvDupe2_ClearBrowser", ply) caused me troubles resulting in empty filelist, thats why I removed it. Maybe the umsg retrieved to late, after the list was filled.

Upload from Client's root folder seems to work fine, but not from (some?) subfolders, on subfolders it seems to upload it, but there is no file then on server when upload finished.

Moving and deleting doesn't work, don't know why.

I attached my patchfile for revision 48.

23. Post #343
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    955 Posts
    Please add a setting for Client/Server ghosts. Don't know how AD1 did ghosting, but I think it was better.

Ghosts keep getting randomly stuck around the map, and it's pretty annoying:

Currently have to:

for _, ent in pairs(ents.GetAll()) do if v:GetClass() == "gmod_ghost" then v:Remove() end end

Also, if the server hits max edicts, you get spammed with "RemoveGhosts, a nil value".

Edited:

[addons\advdupe2\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\advdupe2.lua:380] attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #344
    July 2010
    2,549 Posts
    No it doesn't, once a prop is parented only 1 thing happens and that is the server tells the client's where the child prop is relative the parent prop (and it's relative angles) and says it will no longer transmit the actual position of the entity. On the server, the physical entity still exists and is calculated and that's why methods such as weld-parenting are possible.

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts
    Code:
    [addons\advdupe2\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\advdupe2.lua:364] attempt to call method 'RemoveGhosts' (a nil value)

Getting this spammed on my server. Any idea?

26. Post #346
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    955 Posts
    Code:
    [addons\advdupe2\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\advdupe2.lua:364] attempt to call method 'RemoveGhosts' (a nil value)

It's what happens when your server hits max edicts. The tool tries to remove the ghosts but they dont exist because edicts didn't let them spawn (Or my thesis is wrong.)

And I don't think TB is updating this anymore either.

27. Post #347
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,577 Posts
    should just add ValidEntity checks around it then?

Edited:

TB was last on FP 6 days ago, doesn't seem very active, you'd probably be better off doing features yourself, at least for now

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts
    Yeah. will do.

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,286 Posts
    SVN's buggy for me. Why can't this be uploaded anywhere else by something else besides SVN?

30. Post #350
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    should just add ValidEntity checks around it then?

Edited:

TB was last on FP 6 days ago, doesn't seem very active, you'd probably be better off doing features yourself, at least for now
    There are already ValidEntity checks in the RemoveGhosts function.

TB is not the sole developer.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Facepunch stopped emailing me when you guys posted. I'll take a look at this stuff this weekend; I'll have plenty of time then.

SVN's buggy for me. Why can't this be uploaded anywhere else by something else besides SVN?
    Because SVN is convenient, easy, and a bunch of different version aren't floating around which makes fixing and finding bugs easier.

Code:

It's what happens when your server hits max edicts. The tool tries to remove the ghosts but they dont exist because edicts didn't let them spawn (Or my thesis is wrong.)

And I don't think TB is updating this anymore either.
    Yeah, your thesis is wrong. Your tool got reset some how or is just the generic gmod_tool and lost the method RemoveGhosts. This could be what's causing the ghosts to be left around the map because they aren't getting removed when this method is called.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    [addons\advdupe2\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\advdupe2.lua:380] attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
    Code:
    Revision 49 should fix both of these problems. Ghosts shouldn't be left around now.

33. Post #353
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    I looked at the diff of RemoveGhosts, and I don't get it. What was the cause?

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    I was passing the tool object to update and make ghost functions to help with performance, but the RemoveGhost function was on the advdupe2 table of the tool so I changed it to the right table now instead of trying to use the tool object.

35. Post #355
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    My god, AD2 is so FUCKING broken. It makes you lag until all folders are loaded, and uploading doesn't even work anymore. Gmod is unplayable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts
    One other thing I might mention. It seems like just a bug with the UI but when uploading an advdupe1 file, the file appears in the main folder and is unopenable. After hitting the refresh button, the file appears in the advanced duplicator 1 folder where it should have gone initially.

37. Post #357
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    My god, AD2 is so FUCKING broken. It makes you lag until all folders are loaded, and uploading doesn't even work anymore. Gmod is unplayable.
    Uploading works fine for me.

EDIT:

With update 136 the file browser shouldn't lag on initialization.

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Revision 50, I added a work around for the contraption spawner to spawn thrusters that are already on and not just fall to the ground.

39. Post #359
    August 2010
    607 Posts
    If I DL this and shove it into Gmod 13, will it work?

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Nope, GUI is broken. Someone posted a little patch for it above that gives it some functionality.