1. Post #1881
    July 2009
    4,170 Posts
    Is it just me or is mom the easiest boss in the game? It's kind of disappointing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1882
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,793 Posts
    Is it just me or is mom the easiest boss in the game? It's kind of disappointing.
    I find Mom to be kind of tricky due to the possibility of clusterfuckery, but   Mom's Heart/It Lives   to be a cakewalk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #1883
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    I find Mom to be kind of tricky due to the possibility of clusterfuckery, but   Mom's Heart/It Lives   to be a cakewalk.
    With brimstone and dr fetus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events

4. Post #1884
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,519 Posts
    With brimstone and dr fetus.
    God I love using Dr. Fetus

Also fuck yeah Finally got Dark Boy.

I got 119 of the 131 items...So many more to get.
    Also got 57 of the 63 secrets too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #1885
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,948 Posts
    I've done everything except die 100 times. Dunno if I'm gonna force that or just keep playing till it happens, since im only at 55. Whatever, golden god is in my GRASP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1886
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    I've done everything except die 100 times. Dunno if I'm gonna force that or just keep playing till it happens, since im only at 55. Whatever, golden god is in my GRASP
    Holy shit. How is that the last thing you have to do? I got the shears just after I beat the game four times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1887
    August 2009
    6,978 Posts
    Do not grind it, I was at 33 deaths and had to grind it out and when I did by the end of it I hated the game, I can't stand playing it anymore, and I don't even have GG yet because I can't even find the shears.

8. Post #1888
    April 2011
    405 Posts
    How to rack up deaths:

When I got the shears, I'd guess that roughly a third of my deaths were from runs where I thought that it would be a good idea to pick this up.

9. Post #1889
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    Beat Mom's heart for the first time today. It was rather easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1890
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,727 Posts
    Mom's heart isn't difficult, it's the way there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #1891
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,435 Posts
    Do not grind it, I was at 33 deaths and had to grind it out and when I did by the end of it I hated the game, I can't stand playing it anymore, and I don't even have GG yet because I can't even find the shears.
    I was at like 45, and I didn't think it was that bad. Just pick Judas and hump the first enemy you encounter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #1892
    August 2009
    6,978 Posts
    I was at like 45, and I didn't think it was that bad. Just pick Judas and hump the first enemy you encounter.
    I found it so awful it was unreal, I can't play the game longer then the first couple rooms because being unable to find 2 items for GG status broke me, now alls I need is the sheers and I just can't bring myself to do it.

13. Post #1893
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,895 Posts
    http://twitpic.com/88pymf
    New DLC screenshot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

14. Post #1894
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    i spy with my little eye a new item slot on the far left. perhaps passive items that can be swapped about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 14 (list)

15. Post #1895
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,797 Posts
    New Half-skinned face on Isaac.

I get the feeling a lot of items will make Isaac look just like most of the things we run into in the game, just like the Ouija Board and some other items.

16. Post #1896
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I need good tips on beating mom. or getting to her in general. I've only gotten to her once, but I had half a heart and the floor was cleared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #1897
    October 2010
    136 Posts
    I did it again. I'm such an idiot.

Just to let everyone know, don't stun Sheol's final form and knife him. I wonder if it crashes if you kill him with any weapon while stunned? Anyone else ever tried?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

18. Post #1898
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,435 Posts
    I did it again. I'm such an idiot.

Just to let everyone know, don't stun Sheol's final form and knife him. I wonder if it crashes if you kill him with any weapon while stunned? Anyone else ever tried?
    I can't speak for other items, but I've had the exact same thing happen to me with bra + knife. I also posted a screenshot a few pages ago.

19. Post #1899
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,948 Posts
    You guys should email Edmund about that or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1900
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    So that pretty much confirms that the basement is getting updated?

21. Post #1901

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    So that pretty much confirms that the basement is getting updated?
    No, he's adding the Cellar.

Also, I just beat Satan for my 2nd time

Mom's Knife get
    (First time was with Maggy)

Edited:

Holy shit. How is that the last thing you have to do? I got the shears just after I beat the game four times.
    Uhm

I got shears before I even killed Mom's Heart once

I suck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #1902
    January 2009
    817 Posts
    I made it to the fight with Satan for the first time just now.

Holy FUCK that was an adrenaline rush.
    I wasn't expecting him to be so difficult. I died to one of those explosive snakes while he was in his second or third form. God damn...

23. Post #1903

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    I made it to the fight with Satan for the first time just now.

Holy FUCK that was an adrenaline rush.
    I wasn't expecting him to be so difficult. I died to one of those explosive snakes while he was in his second or third form. God damn...
    3rd form is the stomping feet, 2nd is where he shoots laser beams out of his hands and mouth and spits blood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

24. Post #1904
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,435 Posts
    No, he's adding the Cellar.
    Isn't a cellar pretty much the same thing as a basement?

I like the theory that it would involve leaving the underground and going up through heaven. If that was the case, the new environment could be the attic.

It would kinda make sense, like if Isaac sought revenge on God for telling his mom to kill him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1905
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,895 Posts

I like the theory that it would involve leaving the underground and going up through heaven. If that was the case, the new environment could be the attic.

It would kinda make sense, like if Isaac sought revenge on God for telling his mom to kill him
    I'm 80% sure you're still going deeper. But the theme will be light.
    Dunno how that'll work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events

26. Post #1906

May 2011
    1,095 Posts

God is the one that stopped his Mom from killing him. She was about to kill him, and God stopped her hand, she's just batshit insane (like every christian) and thought God was telling her to kill him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

27. Post #1907
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,435 Posts
    Maybe Isaac is God's chosen one, but he has to pass THE TEST first.

But I'm basically just throwing out wild speculation on no basis, because it could be cool if that's how things turned out.

28. Post #1908
    July 2007
    622 Posts
    A special thanks goes out to Sherd Red for getting me a copy of this game for a copy of Revenge of the Titans... you the man!
    In other news, can't wait to try this out! Seems like its a high-caliber game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #1909
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,793 Posts
    God is the one that stopped his Mom from killing him. She was about to kill him, and God stopped her hand, she's just batshit insane (like every christian) and thought God was telling her to kill him
    Actually,   Everything in the "Hand-drawn" cinematics seem to be just Isaac trying to write himself an explanation for his situation, as well as a happy ending. Note how the "Bible killing mom" conclusion ends with Isaac leaning away from his drawings while a very clearly living Mother appears in the doorway, and how the Sheol ending reveals that all the playable characters are just Isaac playing pretend, he never left his room, and still needs to hide.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

30. Post #1910
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,948 Posts
    Yeah Edmund even said on his formspring    that Isaac can't be saved   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

31. Post #1911
    September 2009
    3,721 Posts
    Actually,   Everything in the "Hand-drawn" cinematics seem to be just Isaac trying to write himself an explanation for his situation, as well as a happy ending. Note how the "Bible killing mom" conclusion ends with Isaac leaning away from his drawings while a very clearly living Mother appears in the doorway, and how the Sheol ending reveals that all the playable characters are just Isaac playing pretend, he never left his room, and still needs to hide.   
       Isn't that just a theory developed by the fans? I'm fairly sure that Mum being alive in the door way, and all those different endings were just the creators adding replay value and trying to make the game seem a lot more deep than it actually is. I'm fairly sure there's no actual way to explain what happens.
    I'm not denying that Isaac is a creepy crossdresser though. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

32. Post #1912
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
       I take the blue baby and the sheol ending as cannon since they are pretty solid but at the same time they made a paradox which makes you think: Isaac is really playing or he is already dead as the blue baby?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events

33. Post #1913
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,948 Posts
       Uh blue baby is nothing more than a reference to the creators old dead baby newgrounds cartoons. I wouldn't read too far into it.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #1914
    I can't even get to mom... I suck :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1915
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    I can't even get to mom... I suck :smith:
    I got to mom on my first try    then killed after many later attempts   .

36. Post #1916
    September 2008
    966 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belarus Show Events Winner Winner x 26Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1917
    Change your title $1
    September 2010
    814 Posts
    Having trouble with ??? (just unlocked him) - the game seems way harder with him and for some odd reason pills seem to have a negative effect most of the time when playing him :/

Any advice appreciated!

Edited:

I got Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy (with other characters) so I am really not sure how I die every time with ??? in these areas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

38. Post #1918
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Having trouble with ??? (just unlocked him) - the game seems way harder with him and for some odd reason pills seem to have a negative effect most of the time when playing him :/

Any advice appreciated!

Edited:

I got Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy (with other characters) so I am really not sure how I die every time with ??? in these areas.
    Well, he's just like Isaac, except that you can't refill any hits you take, and making every red heart pointless.

Edited:

Just train hard on playing Isaac without taking damage, and you're good to go for a Blue Baby run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

39. Post #1919
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,328 Posts
    Is the damage increase from the Nail permanent?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1920
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Is the damage increase from the Nail permanent?
    You have to use it on a room for it to take effects lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)