1. Post #1601
    March 2011
    199 Posts
    Finally beat mom, after 23 hours. I suck at this game so bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1602
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,825 Posts
    Bought this game yesterday, played it and absolutely loved it. Today I can't even start it up, it just says; "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time." It's been doing that for the past 7 hours, I've restarted my PC, re-downloaded it, all I can think off. Got any tips for how I could possibly make this glorious game work again?

Now it somehow works again. This game is so much fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1603
    May 2011
    278 Posts
    I just killed all 4 horsemen as judas in one play though without the book of revelations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    Finally beat mom, after 23 hours. I suck at this game so bad.
    I'd probably have been the same, i started watching let's plays on youtube which helped my skill a lot.
    If you want to look up them I watch NorthernLions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1605
    March 2011
    199 Posts
    I'd probably have been the same, i started watching let's plays on youtube which helped my skill a lot.
    I watch those too, they're horribly addicting

6. Post #1606
    November 2008
    2,415 Posts
    Found the wafer on the very first item room. Not sure if want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events

7. Post #1607
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,424 Posts
    Found the wafer on the very first item room. Not sure if want.
    It's not really useful until the later levels when enemies do a full heart of damage. I guess if you aren't good at the game it could make that section easier...

But for good players it's kind of useless, because in theory you shouldn't be getting hit at all, and an offensive weapon is a lot more useful for getting the rooms cleared. Better to kill everything really fast than to be able to survive all the damage you'll be taking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1608
    April 2010
    3,160 Posts
    I really dont like Nothernlion at all, he talks very fake, as if he hams it up for his audience, like a performance. Not everyone likes NintendoCapriSun, but at least he just rabbles on and is down to earth when he plays his games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #1609
    August 2009
    6,874 Posts
    I really dont like Nothernlion at all, he talks very fake, as if he hams it up for his audience, like a performance. Not everyone likes NintendoCapriSun, but at least he just rabbles on and is down to earth when he plays his games.
    His reactions to some things are sometimes genuinely panic filled and... I can dig that, it's not like ChuggaConroy who's a huge piece of shit with a ego the size of a few football fields.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1610
    April 2011
    403 Posts
    It's not really useful until the later levels when enemies do a full heart of damage. I guess if you aren't good at the game it could make that section easier...

But for good players it's kind of useless, because in theory you shouldn't be getting hit at all, and an offensive weapon is a lot more useful for getting the rooms cleared. Better to kill everything really fast than to be able to survive all the damage you'll be taking.
    Dude, the wafer is great. In the womb/sheol, it pretty much doubles your health and the effects of healing items.
    I'd take it over damage up any day.

In the short run, you should not have much trouble with the first four floors.
    In the long run, you can pick up something nice from Satan (you aren't getting hit, right?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

11. Post #1611
    November 2008
    2,415 Posts
    Batteries with The Nail or Book of Revelations is OP
    You're basically invulnerable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1612
    April 2011
    651 Posts
    After getting Goldne God there isnt much to do in this game. I hope there's new content eventually.

13. Post #1613
    November 2008
    2,415 Posts
    After getting Goldne God there isnt much to do in this game. I hope there's new content eventually.
    Like the Halloween, but exponentially harder. 2 hearts of damage for a taken hit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events

14. Post #1614
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,424 Posts
    There could be an update that doesn't necessarily add more levels onto the game. Like there could just be more enemies that can randomly appear, or an even wider variety of random items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1615
    March 2011
    199 Posts
    Unlocked 'The Common Cold' in a Gauntlet room, made all the waves spawn at once:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    I just managed to get stuck in a room and was unable to get out no matter how much I tried:

it was a pretty sad way for my run to end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

17. Post #1617
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,632 Posts
    Almost beat Mom's Heart. I was doing pretty well with a heart and a half, then I started taking damage.

Why is it that I always do better in this game when I don't have time for it? I play for 5-10 minutes before a class, expecting to die before then, then the game keeps going and I get to Mom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,720 Posts
    Almost beat Mom's Heart. I was doing pretty well with a heart and a half, then I started taking damage.

Why is it that I always do better in this game when I don't have time for it? I play for 5-10 minutes before a class, expecting to die before then, then the game keeps going and I get to Mom.
    Rated Winner because I have the exact same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

19. Post #1619
    January 2011
    2,462 Posts
    have bible max firing speed and lasers

about ot get to mom

have to go somewhere for an hour

IT FREEZES AND I CAN'T KILL HER GAUJWFFMLAWF

20. Post #1620
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,424 Posts
    Hmmmm, I swear I got through the depths without taking a hit today, but I was not given the achievement. I wonder what went wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    have bible max firing speed and lasers

about ot get to mom

have to go somewhere for an hour

IT FREEZES AND I CAN'T KILL HER GAUJWFFMLAWF

the last item achievement I need is the bible to kill mom one, I've played at least six runs and have not found the bible yet.
    I've re-rolled practically every item in shops and item rooms... hopefully I get the bible tomorrow.

anyone got tips for getting the bible? if any?? I'm desperate

22. Post #1622
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    the last item achievement I need is the bible to kill mom one, I've played at least six runs and have not found the bible yet.
    I've re-rolled practically every item in shops and item rooms... hopefully I get the bible tomorrow.

anyone got tips for getting the bible? if any?? I'm desperate
    The Rosary Beads increase the chance of the bible spawning greatly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1623
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    4,961 Posts
    The Rosary Beads increase the chance of the bible spawning greatly.
    In other words, guarantees a bible in every shop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

24. Post #1624
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    In other words, guarantees a bible in every shop.
    No, iirc it's a 50/50 shot

25. Post #1625
    December 2007
    1,794 Posts
    Did one ever imagine what it looks like from the outside when you use "The high priests" on Mom's heart?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #1626
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    I just got 2 Mr Maws that spawned on top of each other.
    Those ones with the stretch necks?
    Yeah, the heads came off, and instead of shooting the head at me, one shot the other ones body.

Edited:

What.

Edited:

Holla Holla Get $

Edited:

This game loves me.

Edited:

Love confirmed

27. Post #1627
    May 2011
    278 Posts
    I think this is the best indie game of 2011.
    Anyone agree with me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1628
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    Still no luck getting the bible, practically re rolling every single shop and item room whenever I can. Just such bad luck.

29. Post #1629
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    -snip-

30. Post #1630
    December 2011
    4 Posts
    Would have been a sure buy for me, if it had multiplayer.
    Multiplayer would be horrible, as there are only six levels and you beat it all in one go. Then you replay it, trying to beat your old score. Arena or co-op would be like the regular game.

31. Post #1631
    August 2009
    6,874 Posts
    Edmund on twitter said he's doing a small content update soon, and asked if he and his partner for the game worked another 2-3 months to do a huge update that more then doubles what's already in the game would people be willing to pay 3 dollars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1632
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    I've gave up going through the game normally trying to find the bible, I'm now restarting non stop until I find rosary. I've played ten hours now trying to find the bible and no luck. I swear the game's trolling me now.

Also, another update would be fantastic

33. Post #1633
    August 2009
    6,874 Posts

Also posting this because goddamn is it awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

34. Post #1634
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    4,961 Posts
    Edmund on twitter said he's doing a small content update soon, and asked if he and his partner for the game worked another 2-3 months to do a huge update that more then doubles what's already in the game would people be willing to pay 3 dollars.
    Yes.

But only if they fix the performance issues as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #1635
    May 2011
    278 Posts
    I'd pay $5 for that
    (well I would pay $20 for the game myself, I think it's worth that much)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1636
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts

Swag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

37. Post #1637
    Beat the game the forth time, and with eve.

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    I found rosary and went to every item room and shop and got no bible.
    Very last room in the depths part 2 spawned a beggar, gave him 8 or so cents and he dropped the BIBLE.
    I am so fucking in love with the beggar right now. I can't believe it took me more than ten hours to get one item I already unlocked

39. Post #1639
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,424 Posts
    Twice now, I've beaten the depths without taking damage, but I don't have the achievement for it in-game or in steam. Is it bugged or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #1640
    March 2011
    2,228 Posts
    Twice now, I've beaten the depths without taking damage, but I don't have the achievement for it in-game or in steam. Is it bugged or something?
    Using a Health Up Pill counts as taking damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)