1. Post #201
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,347 Posts
    I remember there's one SCP that's a catholic, voluntarily celibate succubus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #202
    I was thinking of an SPC Idea.

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Must be contained within a soundproof room, All personal must wear Earmuff's at all time while within hearing distance. SCP-XXXX must be situated on a guitar stand.

Description: SCP-XXX is a guitar that weighs approximately 5 kg. Brand of guitar is unknown. Label indicates it was made in [Data Expunged]. Guitar is strung with strings made of Catgut. The guitar is made of a currently unknown wood, the animal the Catgut was made of was on no records.

CP- XXX consistently plays a melody that is used in a traditional Ukrainian lullaby. When humans are exposed to the melody, they have two varying reactions, depending on gender. Females report being overcome with a powerful, unavoidable urge to sleep. To get this effect, a minimum of 30 (thirty) seconds of continuous melody is needed to be listened by the subject. Once the subject falls asleep, they curl into the fetal position, and can not be woken for a period of 7 (seven) days. exposure to the music while the subject is still sleeping, brings back the number of days back to 7 (seven) before they can be woken up again, this effectively "resets" the counter. Subjects report the sleep as "Very Refreshing" and it would be "Great for insomniacs".

Males experience different effects. When lulled to sleep, they are shown as visibly distressed, thrashing, screaming and crying have all been noted. Males are asleep for a minimum of 12 (Twelve) hours, although the number seems to be increasing after each test. After test number 47, a minimum of 13 hours has been reached. Exposing them to the lullaby again does not reset the clock, as in the case of females. Males waking up from the experience have described the experience as "Extremely terrifying". They reported very clear dreams of people being [Data expunged], as well as being [Data Expunged] themselves. They also describe feeling pain relative to what they were experiencing in the dream. An experiment has found that males reported seeing others males that had been lulled to sleep in the dream. What was happening to these males in the dreams was exactly the same as what the male had described, leading to the conclusion that the horrific experiences that the male subjects have endured has been "Added on" to the dreams, creating an ever building symphony of misery.

Interestingly enough males of a Polish or Russian decent have a different experience to males of a non Russian or Polish decent. In experiment subjects 24-B and 45-B, the males were lulled to sleep as normal. Instead of Thrashing and wailing, they sleep soundly, until [Data Expunged]. In both cases, the guitar had to be removed to another room, as the room it was situated in was covered in large chunks of organs and blood. Females of a Polish or Russian decent are unaffected.
    I quite like it, but you should add something negative to the effects on females. Like they should be kept with an IV of saline or something, even sleep takes up calories, and i'm pretty sure 7 days dry would probably kill you.
    Also, expunge the "organs and blood" thing. "the room it was situated in was covered in [DATA EXPUNGD]. Cleaner teams were dispatched and managed to clean both the room and guitar successfully in both occasions."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    741 Posts
    HOLY FUCK I THINK ONE OF THE PICTURES JUST BLINKED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,820 Posts
    HOLY FUCK I THINK ONE OF THE PICTURES JUST BLINKED
    I take it you've [DATA EXPUNGED] before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    October 2009
    1,855 Posts
    So, idea. Gmod gamemode, mainly RP, based around the SCP Foundation. Maps would be stupidly easy to make, and most SCPs too, could be either simple props or sweps. The only hard bit would be the larger or more complicated SCPs, some good snpcs would be required to make it work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,733 Posts
    Job list: Researcher:I dunno
    D-Class: Default, kill yourselves repeatedly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,013 Posts
    Oh god it happened again
    Why is it midnight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,080 Posts
    I want to see this being some kind of X-COM mod. Retrieval of OoPArt and things.

Edited:

You could build Sites and everything!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Yes yes, we all know this SCP and that one would be great in a game/TV show, it's mentioned everytime an SCP is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    April 2007
    4,970 Posts
    Oh god what, this is hilarious
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2383-j

I'm looking at one of the experiments:
    Oh god, one of the weapon it created was a real life crossbow/shotgun with randomisation effects

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2383-j-t

Edited:

039 - Bolt pots the black pool ball in the staff break room. Agents using the table at the time expressed surprise, no injuries caused to either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,123 Posts
    Who would you be controlling, though?

An "optimal" SCP game, I think, would be a sort of survival horror-ish deal where you're a standard-level human encountering multiple SCP's. Most of the researchers who delve into the more bizarre stuff are isolated to single projects at a time to avoid cross-contamination; or are those higher-level guys with enough quirks to almost count as supernatural themselves, and thus unsuitable for maintaining the uneasy caution vibe SCP scenarios are built for. I can only think of one sentient SCP off the top of my head who has the sufficient combination of baseline-human traits and freeroam permissions to possibly fill the role, but he'd probably get sidetracked indefinitely due to the reason why he's an SCP in the first place. And if a civilian ever encounters more than one SCP in a lifetime, then he's either been recruited for D-class or there's been a massive breach and a large area of land is about to get glassed.
    I think SCP Tycoon would be fun. Where you manage the foundation and capture new SCPs and stuff. And occasional minigames when you encounter a new SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 20 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,551 Posts
    "The Flesh that Hates" would make an absolutely terrifying video game.

Giant faces and pillars of anuses everywhere.
    Silent Hill: The Flesh That Hates.

I wouldn't mind either a video game or Youtube series based on the SCP Foundation. With the youtube videos, you wouldn't have to have a specific amount of time or have a specific format to show and talk about each SCP. I imagine it would look like making a short movie based on a specific X-File only using the information available in that file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #213
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,243 Posts
    SCP-504, oh god my lungs.

I can't stop laughing.
    "Item: One mature SCP-504 tomato
    Subject: D-504-3
    Spoken: "So, I was going to bed, and my brother told me, 'Goodnight! Don't let the bedbugs stick their proboscis in your skin and suck your blood!'" *pause* "Good luck on a healthy dermis!"
    Result: Two-second pause before activity. Tomato clocked at [REDACTED]. Sound barrier broken. Subject killed."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    Egg
    September 2011
    155 Posts
    I was thinking of an SPC Idea.

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Must be contained within a soundproof room, All personal must wear Earmuff's at all time while within hearing distance. SCP-XXXX must be situated on a guitar stand.

Description: SCP-XXX is a guitar that weighs approximately 5 kg. Brand of guitar is unknown. Label indicates it was made in [Data Expunged]. Guitar is strung with strings made of Catgut. The guitar is made of a currently unknown wood, the animal the Catgut was made of was on no records.

CP- XXX consistently plays a melody that is used in a traditional Ukrainian lullaby. When humans are exposed to the melody, they have two varying reactions, depending on gender. Females report being overcome with a powerful, unavoidable urge to sleep. To get this effect, a minimum of 30 (thirty) seconds of continuous melody is needed to be listened by the subject. Once the subject falls asleep, they curl into the fetal position, and can not be woken for a period of 7 (seven) days. exposure to the music while the subject is still sleeping, brings back the number of days back to 7 (seven) before they can be woken up again, this effectively "resets" the counter. Subjects report the sleep as "Very Refreshing" and it would be "Great for insomniacs".

Males experience different effects. When lulled to sleep, they are shown as visibly distressed, thrashing, screaming and crying have all been noted. Males are asleep for a minimum of 12 (Twelve) hours, although the number seems to be increasing after each test. After test number 47, a minimum of 13 hours has been reached. Exposing them to the lullaby again does not reset the clock, as in the case of females. Males waking up from the experience have described the experience as "Extremely terrifying". They reported very clear dreams of people being [Data expunged], as well as being [Data Expunged] themselves. They also describe feeling pain relative to what they were experiencing in the dream. An experiment has found that males reported seeing others males that had been lulled to sleep in the dream. What was happening to these males in the dreams was exactly the same as what the male had described, leading to the conclusion that the horrific experiences that the male subjects have endured has been "Added on" to the dreams, creating an ever building symphony of misery.

Interestingly enough males of a Polish or Russian decent have a different experience to males of a non Russian or Polish decent. In experiment subjects 24-B and 45-B, the males were lulled to sleep as normal. Instead of Thrashing and wailing, they sleep soundly, until [Data Expunged]. In both cases, the guitar had to be removed to another room, as the room it was situated in was covered in [Data Expunged]. Cleanup crews were unable to get the mess off the walls. Females of a Polish or Russian decent are unaffected.
    It sounds good, but for some reason, it seems only some people can write articles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

15. Post #215
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,210 Posts
    SCP-504, oh god my lungs.

I can't stop laughing.
    "Item: One mature SCP-504 tomato
    Subject: D-504-3
    Spoken: "So, I was going to bed, and my brother told me, 'Goodnight! Don't let the bedbugs stick their proboscis in your skin and suck your blood!'" *pause* "Good luck on a healthy dermis!"
    Result: Two-second pause before activity. Tomato clocked at [REDACTED]. Sound barrier broken. Subject killed."
    I still don't get this one.
    Don't let the bed bugs bite, good luck on healthy skin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,733 Posts
    Yeah, it was really terrible, that's why the tomato flew at [REDACTED] per hour.

Edited:

SCP tycoon would be fun as fuck. Could anyone here build the game in java or something, if it was real it'd have a vibrant mod community.

Edited:

Actually, Facepunch does have a lot of modders on it. Maybe we can make a game with zoo-tycoon 2 type graphics and gameplay. And instead of money, you gain research points from conducting, well, research. You can use research points to bring in SCP's. Each one would be made to closely emulate it's real wiki entry counterpart. Now that i think about it, would it be that hard to make, is it even possible, would it be a standalone or a Mod on the source engine or a game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,629 Posts
    Instead of or in addition to the started research you do in Tycoon games, each SCP should also contribute to your technology. Ones like that friendly blob or the Legos would improve moral, or ones that construct or produce objects would improve your manufacturing abilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,111 Posts
    There could also be X-files like TV series that focus on discovery, capture and containment of the SCPs, complete with tests being conducted in certain episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,524 Posts
    There could also be X-files like TV series that focus on discovery, capture and containment of the SCPs, complete with tests being conducted in certain episodes.
    There is one. It's called Pokemon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 28Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Grimpunch Games
    May 2005
    524 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,111 Posts
    Althrough Warehouse 13 is good, SCP has way more material to use as plot devices.

But that tycoon game would be a nice option, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Are there any other scp's with long logs similar to the flesh that hates? I love reading those.

I remember reading one where there was this portal into an alternate dimension controlled by the church and there were these giant things that ate people and they sent prisoners in on rope puppies to investigate. That one was really neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    June 2009
    1,508 Posts
    Some of these SCPs are stupid but in a good way. I swear I read one somewhere about a murderous kettle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    2,138 Posts
    "Addendum 700-2: Recently, █ researchers and ██ D-Class personnel that observed pictures of SCP-700-2 claimed to have momentarily seen the graffiti in some of them moving. Further tests have confirmed that SCP-700-2 depicted in photographs will appear to move only to subjects with a previous history of [DATA EXPUNGED]. What causes this phenomenon is currently unknown."

This combined with the gif creeped me the right hell out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

25. Post #225
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Just read all of the test logs for 261 they were pretty funny and entertaining
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #226
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,236 Posts
    Dr Bright is a genius of science and should be respected as such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,572 Posts
    I am a toaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,013 Posts
    I love the physics-alteration chamber, it needs more experimentation logs.

If would be interesting to find out would happen if you cloned it with the cloning tree (somehow getting around the weight limit) and cramming it in 914 on "Very Fine"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,524 Posts
    Some of these SCPs are stupid but in a good way. I swear I read one somewhere about a murderous kettle.
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-170

You mean stuff like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Dr Bright is a genius of science and should be respected as such.
    He should be promoted to be an Overseer and given access to every Keter subjects.

Just think about all the science that could be done!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

31. Post #231
    October 2007
    2,002 Posts
    SCP-387

"Jesus fucking christ" - Dr. Arch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    SCP-387

"Jesus fucking christ" - Dr. Arch
    Fuck what did they do to the megablocks. I must know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

33. Post #233
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    He should be promoted to be an Overseer and given access to every Keter subjects.

Just think about all the science that could be done!
    So much science.
    All of the science.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,236 Posts
    Dr Bright wanted to feed the Omnicidal Eats-Everything Lizard the TARDISifier. That's top notch science, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    June 2010
    3,895 Posts
    Researcher produced request consisting solely of the phrase, "Surprise me." Device produced a opaque cup containing normal water, later determined to have been superheated to about 200 degrees Celsius. Upon receiving vibration from transport, the contents of the cup turned into steam, violently spraying boiling water in a 2-meter radius. Researcher reported a quantifiable level of surprise at the occurrence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #236
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    I think the best line is the "Researcher reported a quantifiable level of suprise at the occurence."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,013 Posts
    Fuck what did they do to the megablocks. I must know.
    Also what does the green minty slime do to dead bodies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,744 Posts
    Also what does the green minty slime do to dead bodies
    it [EXPUNGED] them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 36Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,524 Posts
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-914

Screw your questions, I wanna know what happened to the "Fine setting" Chimp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

40. Post #240
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,986 Posts
    Are there any other scp's with long logs similar to the flesh that hates? I love reading those.

I remember reading one where there was this portal into an alternate dimension controlled by the church and there were these giant things that ate people and they sent prisoners in on rope puppies to investigate. That one was really neat.
    thats 093
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)