1. Post #1
    December 2009
    1,995 Posts

PAYDAY: The Heist is a premier quality downloadable game designed to deliver a unique spin on the First Person Shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic co-operative shooter, PAYDAY is packed with cocky attitude, epic Hollywood-inspired action and endless re-playability.

With six action-packed heists to complete at launch, (And 2 more to come on release for FREE!) players embark on a spectacular crime tour of heists, including shooting their way through a downtown bank vault robbery, trading hostages in an armored car hijacking and even a moonlit infiltration of a high-security headquarters. Most of these are inspired by movies such as Die Hard, or Heat.

Additionally, PAYDAY: The Heist challenges players with dynamic environments and adaptive enemy tactics meaning no scenario will ever play out the same way twice. Players will have to work together, assigning team members to various tasks guarding key positions, keeping civilians in check and cracking through various security measures, while surviving wave after wave of law enforcement that shift their strategies based on player actions. And yes... it is possible not to kill anyone through the entire heist, it just requires a bit more thinking. More then likely your going to be in a shootout though, always something goes wrong in a heist.

Key Features

Six High-Intensity Heists to Pull: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action packed heists will have players checking their six in the living room.

Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring home the bacon. Sharing extra ammo and medic kits, helping regen wounded partners, distributing tasks like guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures. It’s one for all and all for one.

Endless Replayability: Dynamic, adaptive environments combined with non-scripted enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows or special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes play-through of every heist a unique fight.

Massive Character Progression Tree: Choose a specialty – assault, sharpshooter or support – players gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.

Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.

Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.

PlayStation® or PC: For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.

More DLC in the form of additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY—a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game—is total OVERKILL.

Media!:

Trailers and gameplay videos

Screenshots (Half of them didn't even appear, trying to fix that!)

Groups:
    Join the first and main Payday: The Heist steam group for news updates!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheHeist

Facepunch related groups!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FacepunchHeist
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FPPayday

Payday: The Heist will release October 18th, 2011 for PC and PS3, and will sell for $20. Load your guns, and pick your favorite unique mask, it's almost time to execute the plan!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm EXTREMELY looking forward to this game. It has everything an 80's action junkie could want! Can't wait for the release!

NEW NEWZ (Thanks to Black0ut for posting about it):
    Overkill software was acquired by Starbreeze(devs behind games such as Syndicate and the Darkness). They also confirmed that Payday 2 is in development by the original Overkill team.

https://twitter.com/#!/Overkill_tm/s...05092285333505
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...in-development
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 32Agree x 4Dumb x 4Disagree x 2Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    I saw trailers for this game and some gameplay a few weeks ago. It actually looks really fun, especially with the whole 4-player co-op idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Does it have cross platform play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,501 Posts
    L4D was also suppose to have "Endless replayability".

But the 20$ price tag is good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 27Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2010
    2,498 Posts
    Heat-based robbery? Insta-buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,534 Posts
    This looks fucking sick, like a game revolving around Kane and Lynch 1 multiplayer.

Except hopefully not dead on release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,021 Posts
    I've been following this, looks pretty good and for twenty dollars seems worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    December 2009
    1,995 Posts
    This looks fucking sick, like a game revolving around Kane and Lynch 1 multiplayer.

Dude, even if it's dead... I know a group of guys who are going to play the living shit out of this (Including me :P) like we still do in K&L2. Most of the Kane and Lynch 1/2 veterans are psyched as hell about it. Add me if you want!

October can't come any faster...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,360 Posts
    anyone else remember the retards on RPS whining "but i dont wanna shoot cops who just doin their jobs waaaaaa"

extreme hypocrisy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    Dude, even if it's dead... I know a group of guys who are going to play the living shit out of this (Including me :P) like we still do in K&L2. Most of the Kane and Lynch 1/2 veterans are psyched as hell about it. Add me if you want!

October can't come any faster...
    Yeah, I loved K&L despite all the hate, even the storyline was compelling to me unlike some people, so this game looks really good, add on that I just watched The Town and Heat again the other day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,577 Posts
    Can you wear a Nixon mask?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,440 Posts
    Looks okay, I don't see it having much replayability though. Kinda reminds me of Killing Floor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,050 Posts
    It look shit to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 27Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Can you wear a Nixon mask?
    yeah honestly there should be a Nixon mask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,652 Posts
    Masks, or at least some of them, look like they're based on the bank robbery scene in The Dark Knight (The shapes/Various fucked up clown stuff)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 36 (list)

16. Post #16
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,455 Posts
    This looks pretty good actually, definitely a buy.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    Judging from those videos, the game needs some work on it's animations and textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

18. Post #18
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    Graphics are a bit weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Yeah, I loved K&L despite all the hate, even the storyline was compelling to me unlike some people, so this game looks really good, add on that I just watched The Town and Heat again the other day.
    Kane and lynch 1 was good. But 2 was just horrible on so many levels. The multiplayer was the only decent thing about that.

My only problem with this game is how it lacks mod tools. Killing floor has endless playability because its fun and it has a lot of content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    75 Posts
    Ahaha. "deliver a unique spin on the First Person Shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic co-operative shooter"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 33Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,094 Posts
    The idea is awesome but the game itself... ehhhhhhh it's not looking very good at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #22
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    Why is the ICP robbing a bank?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 40Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts

K&L is fucking brilliant but the MP was dead due to the shitty netcode optimization.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,677 Posts
    I would have bought it if it had local co-op, but unfortunately it doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #25
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    K&L had an amazing concept for MP in the first game, but it sucked in the execution. So if this isnt too fast paced (which it looks like kind of) it should be freat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,170 Posts

L4D still has endless replayability so I don't know what you're getting at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2008
    956 Posts
    I love the style of K&L, I'll wait and sit fer a bit and see how this game turns out. I'm really hoping this isn't going to turn out like lead and gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    December 2009
    1,995 Posts
    I love the style of K&L, I'll wait and sit fer a bit and see how this game turns out. I'm really hoping this isn't going to turn out like lead and gold.
    Most likely not. This game is based on 4 Player co-op where anyone can jump in and jump out at anytime, but Lead and Gold required a 4 v 4 to actually have some fun. A game with jump in jump out co-op (Mindjack for instance) can never die. Well... Unless it uses Uplay's servers, then it will definitely die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,534 Posts
    L4D still has endless replayability so I don't know what you're getting at.
    My ass does it, I played each campaign twice or maybe three times before I was bored of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    355 Posts
    Holy damn, instabuy when having the money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

31. Post #31
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,426 Posts
    Why is the ICP robbing a bank?
    Gotta get Cigarettes and Faygo somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 13Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    9,677 Posts
    The graphics and animations looks like an crappy source mod but I like the concept.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    December 2009
    10,375 Posts
    looks like bad guy swat 4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,504 Posts
    Ahaha. "deliver a unique spin on the First Person Shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic co-operative shooter"
    You clearly don't know what First-Person shooter means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    1,585 Posts
    snip

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,577 Posts
    Seems cool, I just hope it isn't too repetitive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #37
    ?
    January 2006
    5,174 Posts
    Looks pretty cool.
    Love that they're adding dlc, as I'm sure the maps that come with the game will get boring/repetitive after a while (akin to L4D). Hopefully the dlc isn't overpriced though.

38. Post #38

I still play L4d to this day, and its still fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 10 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,816 Posts
    It looks awesome but I'm worried about the community dying after it's been out for a month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #40
    December 2009
    1,995 Posts
    Payday has a steam page now, which lets you pre order the game for 10% off!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/

YEUS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)