1. Post #201
    November 2008
    1,125 Posts
    Apparently, Prince William County, Virginia sustained the most damage.

Nothing happened to my house though.

Actually, that's not true. Papers fell down, cracks appeared in my driveway, and my cat pissed on the carpet.
    Aww, I used to live around there. :(

2. Post #202
    April 2011
    3,718 Posts
    I live near toronto, didn't feel it.

3. Post #203
    Didn't feel shit, Blacksburg, VA. Most of my mechanics class didn't feel anything. Our professor did though. Probably happened while we were all standing out in the hallway.

4. Post #204
    October 2010
    11,814 Posts
    I live in Northern Virginia so we got it pretty bad here.

Where I live there was barely any damage though a friend who lives near me says that his street was damaged by it. He even said poles moved two feet to the left.

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,584 Posts
    At first I though it was my washing machine being unbalanced.

As it got stronger, I realized that my washing machine can't shake my entire fucking house.

ITT: Virginian Facepuncher's Earthquake Experience Discussion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #206
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,641 Posts
    Hah, the people on my local news are at the national cathedral, and they just interviewed a kid named Sam Fischer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,330 Posts
    In Northern VA we respond to earthquakes by getting in our cars and parking in the middle of the street.
    I just got back from 7-11. Took over an hour to go less than a mile.

It'd be great if people GOT OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WHEN THEY HAVE AN ACCIDENT.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts

As it got stronger, I realized that my washing machine can't shake my entire fucking house.

I thought it was the exact same thing, my computer chair is pretty much directly above the washing machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,574 Posts

Same exact thing here. Only I didn't think much of it since our house is like 200 years old, and isn't structurally sound.

10. Post #210
    January 2009
    396 Posts
    Anyway, today and yesterday have been filled with nothing but first time stuff :D

Yesterday - First time driving
    Today - First Earth Quake, and First Panoramic display.

Edited:

Anyway, today and yesterday have been filled with nothing but first time stuff :D

Yesterday - First time driving
    Today - First Earth Quake, and First Panoramic display.
    In other news, Binladen drove for the first time yesterday, and had his first earthquake and panoramic display today. More info coming up in the next edit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Sup virginians we should hang out sometime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,584 Posts
    Sup virginians we should hang out sometime
    I'm in.

Since you have a green name and a big avatar, you should make a thread.

13. Post #213
    Just kidding stay away from me nerd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    Felt it here in Lancaster PA in my second floor apartment. Rumbling lasted for a good ten seconds, and when it started me and my roommates all stared at eachother and immediately thought the water heater tank was going to explode or something. Came outside and heard neighbors yelling "THAT WAS AWESOME!"
    And this is why Lancaster PA needs to be rolled over majorly, except for the Amish. They're cool.

15. Post #215
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,029 Posts
    Yeah, I'm in Birmingham, AL and I didn't feel shit. I've been playing Deus Ex for 12 hours straight but I'm sure I'd have noticed something.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,574 Posts
    In other news, Binladen drove for the first time yesterday, and had his first earthquake and panoramic display today. More info coming up in the next edit.
    So what? I'm excited, all this awesome shit happening in this amount of time? Damn, normally nothing ever interesting happens in my life except depressing shit.

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,690 Posts
    I felt it too, Westminster California. Oh wait, that's the earthquakes we get everyday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,552 Posts
    Damn dude. I live in Vegas, I don't think there'd be an earthquake here that big, but in LA yes. And we'd feel it.

19. Post #219
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    If people hate North Jersey but like South Jersey why don't they just dig out a giant cavern underneath North Jersey, move out the people there and then let it collaspe with all the Guidos in it when the Guidos least suspect it.

No flaws with plan at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,195 Posts
    Yeah, I live in Charlottesville, Virginia. Everything shook the fuck up, I was woken up and my pets ran around flipping shit. Was pretty awesome.

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,087 Posts
    North Jersey sucks. Just ask anyone from South Jersey. Like me.
    South Jersey sucks, just anyone from Phildelphia..like me

22. Post #222
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,843 Posts
    Baltimore, felt it.

Dog pretty much shit himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    Just kidding stay away from me nerd
    bro i'm coming down to tech you need to drink with me

24. Post #224
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,947 Posts
    dad felt it and said it was pretty strong, yet no one at my school felt it

beckley, wv

25. Post #225
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Everyone that lives near me says they felt it, but I didn't notice it.

26. Post #226
    Baltimore, felt it.

Dog pretty much shit himself.
    I'm in Owings Mills. We live close to each other!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,641 Posts
    Frederick master race

where's soaringscout, i'm sure he felt all this too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,843 Posts
    Let's meet up!!!!!

to the stalker van

dananananananananananana
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    December 2009
    789 Posts
    Rockville MD here. Was pretty creepy, I live in an apartment so I thought it was just my 400 pound upstairs neighbor walking around/opening their loud as fuck window, but I realized what it was after it got louder. My neighbor's parrot also started yelling really loudly, it was kinda funny.

Also, one of my plates broke in half, cleanly. Not from falling, it was in a pile of plates in a cabinet and just snapped in half. Still trying to find out how it happened, it was the only plate that broke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    800 Posts
    Felt it during school in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Wasn't very strong though.

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,445 Posts
    I live just few miles from the epicenter of it.

I felt it alright....Entire house was shaking and all of our dogs started squealing in terror.

Not fun I wouldn't recommend it.

32. Post #232
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,843 Posts
    Also, one of my plates broke in half, cleanly. Not from falling, it was in a pile of plates in a cabinet and just snapped in half. Still trying to find out how it happened, it was the only plate that broke.
    ghosts.

33. Post #233
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    It shut off my electricity except for my computer, then everything went back on.

I live in Pittsburgh.

34. Post #234
    Let's meet up!!!!!

to the stalker van

dananananananananananana
    Haha add me on Steam. Link is to the left.

35. Post #235
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,843 Posts
    Haha add me on Steam. Link is to the left.
    wtf rapist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Wnd
    October 2010
    1,601 Posts
    That sounds fun as fuck.
    If you consider shitting your pants and getting to eat your grandma's ass fun then yeah it was fun.

Not to mention struggling to get outside with nothing but underwear only which is shit stained.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,625 Posts
    never felt the earthquake but remind me of the earthquake that was a 4.8 here in kentucky during 2008.

38. Post #238
    Time to get the limo ready so we can escape in a plane to go to Yellowstone to get a map for them arks.

39. Post #239
    pod
    Makes love to trumpets.
    August 2008
    2,552 Posts
    If you were planning on going to your school this evening for football practice, marching band, or whatever, I suggest checking your county's website to see if your event has been canceled.

Most of Virginia's evening activities have been shut down.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,323 Posts
    Reminds me of the earthquake in Roermond, Netherlands.
    5.8 too. One of the heaviest west Europe ever encountered, as far as we know.
    Doesn't surprise me that so many people felt the earthquake.
    They felt the one in Roermond all the way in Great Britain and in the Czech Republic.