1. Post #1201
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    8,013 Posts
    -Snip-
    FP's avatar cache hasn't updated yet

Anyway, so how 'bout that Lin being the best character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1202
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Toph is better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

3. Post #1203
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    This pro-bending rulebook is pretty neat.

4. Post #1204
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,339 Posts
    I read in an avatar wiki that all people in the air bending nation where air benders, if that's so then how come Aang had a non bending child?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #1205
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    I read in an avatar wiki that all people in the air bending nation where air benders, if that's so then how come Aang had a non bending child?
    I'm sure all the benders married other air benders though too, perhaps Aang having children with a water bender somehow cancelled it all out.. who knows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    286 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 43 (list)

7. Post #1207
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Sweet mother of Mercy, Chief Beifong kicks some serious goddamned ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

8. Post #1208
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    531 Posts
    Sweet mother of Mercy, Chief Beifong kicks some serious goddamned ass.
    I wonder if she'll wind up teaching Korra metalbending?

Edited:

I'm sure all the benders married other air benders though too, perhaps Aang having children with a water bender somehow cancelled it all out.. who knows
    I think it might have something to do with him being an avatar, seeing as how Tenzin is only an Airbender. All of his children can airbend. And I don't think the previous Airbenders "intermingled" with other benders.

I'm just speculating on the last part though.

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 28 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,572 Posts

Edited:

The flowers are there, you just can't see them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 32 (list)

11. Post #1211
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    You can actually see the moons sad face.

12. Post #1212
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,572 Posts
    Oh god I posted that on Tumblr and 3 people liked it in less than a minute
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #1213
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Don't you think Korra is pretty weak for being the avatar?
    Many people seem weaker then what you saw of benders in the last airbender. We have no bending powerhouses like Toph and Aang.

14. Post #1214
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Many people seem weaker then what you saw of benders in the last airbender. We have no bending powerhouses like Toph and Aang.
    I miss that. I always got chills when Aang decided to go into the Avatar State and mangle some faces.

I cannot wait for Korra to get into such danger or state of anger that she has to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #1215
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    All the children of the airbending nation were taught to be very spiritual and because of that every child was able to raise to their highest bending potential. Aang's children were not raised with other airbenders and were not fully air nation.

16. Post #1216
    SERGEANT OF THE MASTER SERGEANTS MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF EXTREME SERGEANTS TO THE MAX
    June 2010
    2,198 Posts
    Just watched all the episodes, I'm really loving the show, can't wait for the next episode.

17. Post #1217
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,151 Posts
    I was like "oh, look, Korra Krew cosplayers."

And, I'm sorry, I know that    taking someone's bending away is something really, really bad, but when Tahno lost his, I was like "YEAH TAKE THAT YOU MOTHERFUCKER YOU FUCKING DESERVED IT YEAH YEAH"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    This show is really freakin good. It fixed my biggest problem with The Last Airbender. In the last airbender, the villains goal was to kill the avatar. Problem is you knew they couldn't do anything even close to that on a kids show. Fire nation troops were about as effective as team rocket and it really killed their evilness. Here, chi blockers are actually good at their job and Amon is this terrifying mix of Dr. Doom destructiveness and Magneto's decent ideals taken to a massive extreme. And they don't even need to kill anyone so it can remain a kids show.

I'm lovin it at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    November 2009
    9,511 Posts
    I've made a little breakthrough with my arena. The middle circle now rises in sync, which means one part of my functional arena is finished. Now I just need to figure out the lights, how to run the wiring to the stands, the scoring functions, and I'll have a working Pro Bending Arena in Minecraft.

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,339 Posts
    how can you prove you're a bender if you do not bend?
    Seems like any firebender that had equalist tech could use it and even boost their lightning bending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #1221
    Doomed Game Psychic
    January 2005
    1,977 Posts
    I get the feeling those gloves aren't just shooting lightning. He said it "gave the power of a chi blocker to anyone", and I can't imagine so many benders especially in the police force would have trouble with just simple lightning, given how common it has become.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

22. Post #1222

March 2012
    530 Posts
    I hope that Korra, or whatever the next possible avatar series is, gets moved onto a mature network so I can see some heads getting cracked. Not just "oh I am gonna fall over winded despite being crushed by a mountain".

That, or a mature DVD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1223
    November 2009
    9,511 Posts
    This is what I've got done so far. I've got the ref box, which can be seen in the bottom of the frame, and I've got half the mechanisms hooked up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #1224
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    I hope that Korra, or whatever the next possible avatar series is, gets moved onto a mature network so I can see some heads getting cracked. Not just "oh I am gonna fall over winded despite being crushed by a mountain".

That, or a mature DVD.
    never going to happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

25. Post #1225
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    The farthest i see a series like avatar getting is PG-13 with MAYBE some blood and a swear at one point but thats the farthest i could ever see it getting, and even that is slim.

26. Post #1226
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    Firebenders power the city's generators with lightning, right? Mako got that job a couple episodes ago. So when Amon's Equalists shock people with their Tony Stark electrogloves, aren't they relying on benders to supply that power?

27. Post #1227
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Firebenders power the city's generators with lightning, right? Mako got that job a couple episodes ago. So when Amon's Equalists shock people with their Tony Stark electrogloves, aren't they relying on benders to supply that power?
    You expect the villians of the series to really care?

28. Post #1228
    October 2008
    8,013 Posts
    The gloves weren't connected to anything, so they're probably powered by batteries. I also doubt that the city, or at least the equalists, don't have some way of producing power without benders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1229
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    I expect them to care when there's no more power source.

Edited:

The gloves weren't connected to anything, so they're probably powered by batteries. I also doubt that the city, or at least the equalists, don't have some way of producing power without benders.
    If there's an alternative then why do firebenders even take this job?

30. Post #1230
    June 2010
    6,313 Posts
    I imagine the kind of people that can construct the gloves can also think of ways to generate electricity without bending. I seriously doubt Amon would so something stupid like build his trump card on bender infrastructure, not after the professionalism he's displayed until now. He really isn't interested in the Avatar whatsoever as long as she isn't in the Avatar State, huh?

Also, fucking amazing metalbending this episode. Lin Beifong changed a lot for me this episode, and definitely for the better. I doubt she'll actually play a bigger role in the future tho.

I doubt the alternative, if known to the public, is very wide-spread. The city came into existence with the thought of uniting benders and society as a whole has always been relying on bending, so there should be plenty of cheap work forces to come by. Since people have found their solution in lightning bending, some possibilities might simply have remained unexplored - until Amon needed an edge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

31. Post #1231
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    I think that professionalism is a facade. He's gotta be hiding some really stupid weakness.

32. Post #1232
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    I imagine the kind of people that can construct the gloves can also think of ways to generate electricity without bending
    If they are that smart then there isn't a reason to have this revolution at all if technology and jobs are no longer relent on bending.

33. Post #1233
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    i had a dream last night that an avatar spinoff was made but was a collab with the guys that made the Boondocks

the result was both terrifying and awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,151 Posts
    Heck, Amon misses the whole point that taking people's bending away will only piss them off, then they'll unite, and go after Amon and the others (including innocent non-benders) with other means of destruction. Taking everyone's bending away wouldn't bring equality, it would cause even more chaos!

You want proof, just look around you. We don't have bending, and yet shit goes down every single minute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1235
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the firebenders in the power plants simply redirect the lightning. I'd have to watch that scene again but I think we'd know if Mako can generate lightning by now. I mean lightning bolt zolt used lightning and it was made out to be something special, like that's what got him so high up in the triads.

36. Post #1236
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    I expect them to care when there's no more power source.

Edited:

Because the benders can produce an unlimited quantity of electricity?

37. Post #1237
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    while i liked lin's metal bending and stuff, i kind of miss oldschool earth bending. :(

and seriously, why didn't toph et all just make a tunnel underground and like tunnel everywhere? would have saved a lot of trouble.

38. Post #1238
    July 2010
    3,573 Posts
    while i liked lin's metal bending and stuff, i kind of miss oldschool earth bending. :(

and seriously, why didn't toph et all just make a tunnel underground and like tunnel everywhere? would have saved a lot of trouble.
    Because earthbending is tiring as hell? Some of my forms are based off of Hung Ga and (as a student) putting in energy and speed into the moves is utterly exhausting. It still tires out my teachers, but they have much longer forms and do it at probably 3x the speed I could ever do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #1239
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,688 Posts
    Because earthbending is tiring as hell? Some of my forms are based off of Hung Ga and (as a student) putting in energy and speed into the moves is utterly exhausting. It still tires out my teachers, but they have much longer forms and do it at probably 3x the speed I could ever do.
    You're an earthbender?!?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1240
    October 2008
    8,013 Posts
    Heck, Amon misses the whole point that taking people's bending away will only piss them off, then they'll unite, and go after Amon and the others (including innocent non-benders) with other means of destruction. Taking everyone's bending away wouldn't bring equality, it would cause even more chaos!

You want proof, just look around you. We don't have bending, and yet shit goes down every single minute.
    If the benders started attacking innocent people, it would just give the non-benders an even bigger rallying force, and probably a few martyrs as well. I'm pretty sure that there are more non-benders than benders.

Also, avatar post.