1. Post #1121
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    August 2009
    2,874 Posts
    Firebender architecture, fashion style, and armor seemed really Chinese, wouldn't surprise me if they were modeled after them.
    It's really weird though, because I had always gotten a really big "Modern" Chinese vibe off of the episodes in Ba-Sing-Se. The Dai-Li secret police, lake Laogai, which is a Chinese term for reform through labor, etc. They both kinda fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1123
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    It's really weird though, because I had always gotten a really big "Modern" Chinese vibe off of the episodes in Ba-Sing-Se. The Dai-Li secret police, lake Laogai, which is a Chinese term for reform through labor, etc. They both kinda fit.
    In a way I suppose the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation symbolized two sides of China. In the Earth Kingdom you see that it's got the size of China, as well as the work ethic and culture. In the Fire Nation you see their militaristic tendencies and aesthetic design are similar to China's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #1124
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    I remember reading somewhere that the Fire Nation is a mixture of China and Japan, the way it's Japan is I suppose is the island nation obliviously, powerful navy, the architecture reminds me of Japanese temples, though I'm not really sure because Chinese and Japanese temples look the same to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,836 Posts
    I was under the impression that the Fire Nation is based on Japan and Earth is based on China.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126

November 2010
    488 Posts
    though I'm not really sure because Chinese and Japanese temples look the same to me.
    Chinese have more pointy stuff on the roofs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #1127
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    I was under the impression that the Fire Nation is based on Japan and Earth is based on China.
    I don't think either one is definitely one or the other, considering that the Fire Nation has elements that point to both Japan and China, as RG4 said up there, and the Earth Kingdom has elements that point to China as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #1128
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    Looks like Amon definitely was a airbender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1129
    That soundtrack

so good

Edited:

I NEED the fighting music

10. Post #1130
    March 2010
    3,172 Posts
    That episode was fucking awesome. Tenzin/Lin relationship was confirmed until Pema came into it, Pabu acting like the swaggest little fucker like he should be, Amon doing some airbending, the Announcer is dedicated, DAT BATTLE MUSIC, adult Aang going avatar state and Lin being a badass. Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,687 Posts
    omg what the fuck is this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #1132
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    Looks like Amon definitely was a airbender.
    Did I miss something?

edit: OH, okay, flood of people. Was there just an episode on? What is the schedule for these? And is there a place I can go watch this?

13. Post #1133

March 2012
    530 Posts
    How long till it is on nicks website?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1134
    That episode was fucking awesome. Tenzin/Lin relationship was confirmed until Pema came into it, Pabu acting like the swaggest little fucker like he should be, Amon doing some airbending, the Announcer is dedicated, DAT BATTLE MUSIC, adult Aang going avatar state and Lin being a badass. Awesome.
    Lin's fight scene was amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #1135
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,687 Posts
    So much 'spoilers' for a fucking episode I haven't even watched yet. :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,330 Posts
    When the Wolfbats appeared with those masks on I wasn't paying attention, so I nearly had a heart attack when I looked at the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1137
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,721 Posts
    Well most things in Avatar are based off of Asian nations or Asian cultures. Republic City in particular seems to be modeled after a turn-of-the-century version (think 1910s to 1930s) of Shanghai with steampunk elements. With gangs like 'The Triads' and Chinese characters used on posters and signs, it seems pretty hard to ignore it.
    With a pinch of gold digger San Francisco.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Say hello to ~episode 6~

http://www.justin.tv/backuptoons/b/317946248

Skip to 2 hours in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #1139
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,739 Posts
    Anyone have screenshots of the flashback?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    I'm glad Admiral Hackett was back in this episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

21. Post #1141
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    oh shit things are getting intense, god i already cant wait for next week's episode.

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,330 Posts
    These twenty minute episodes once a week are not enough...I CRAVE MORE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #1143
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,730 Posts
    I don't remember seeing Amon doing any airbending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #1144
    March 2010
    3,172 Posts
    I don't remember seeing Amon doing any airbending.
    Well not exactly airbending but his dodging was very similar to the airbending dodging.

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts

So it's proven.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 23 (list)

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,594 Posts
    Well not exactly airbending but his dodging was very similar to the airbending dodging.
    What I saw was more of a side-step, not the twirly behavior that airbenders have. I may be wrong though.

Also that episode was great. But time for another question. In the episode where Korra meets the bloodbender, she pulls blood from the air and leafs suggesting extreme control over very small amounts. Could water benders freeze or manipulate the water in your body(not blood)?

27. Post #1147
    March 2010
    2,240 Posts
    oh man, the animation in this episode is fantastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #1148

March 2012
    530 Posts

So it's proven.
    Its so hilarious, yet it makes so much sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #1149
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,880 Posts
    Where can I find last week's episode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,836 Posts
    It didn't look at all the same as what Korra was doing in the second episode. If that is enough to convince you he is an air bender then look out, I think Pabu might be a chi-blocker with those hand stands and acrobatics.

31. Post #1151
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Am is a great villain in that he is easy to hate. It still makes me mad thaat a lot of /co/ actually agrees with Amon.

32. Post #1152
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    I'm in need of that episode link very bad.

33. Post #1153
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    So where is everyone watching the new episode? Is it just on the TV or what?

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    828 Posts
    Amon is one of those characters that you know is wrong, but you can't help but feel respect for how awesome and brilliant of a person he is.

35. Post #1155
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    5,063 Posts
    So where is everyone watching the new episode? Is it just on the TV or what?
    http://avatarchapters.tv/

It's only in 360p with commercials right now as this is probably a recording from a stream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,836 Posts
    http://avatarchapters.tv/

It's only in 360p with commercials right now as this is probably a recording from a stream.
    I never knew how bad the US has it with adverts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1157
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,687 Posts

38. Post #1158
    November 2009
    9,505 Posts
    I never knew how bad the US has it with adverts.
    And this is why we have the largest DVR percentage per household in the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #1159
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

40. Post #1160
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)