1. Post #1
    Dennab
    June 2011
    474 Posts
    It has happened to a lot of people, including me. You are completely unable to make saves in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, which makes it impossible to complete the game. Well, you don't have to worry anymore, because i found a way to fix it!

1. Finding your fsgame.ltx file.

First off, you have to find your fsgame.ltx file. it is located inside C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl. When you have found it, you open it with your favourite text editing program. Preferrably Notepad or Notepad++.

2. Editing fsgame.ltx.

When you have opened up fsgame.ltx, it should look something like this:

Delete the text that i highlighted. Then replace it with:

If you have a 32-bit OS: Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\_appdata_\
    If you have a 64-bit OS: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\_appdata_\

IMPORTANT! If you haven't installed your Steam folder inside of Program Files, you will have to replace "Program Files" with whatever folder you have installed it into. Also, if you just have installed it in C:\Steam... then you just write "Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\_appdata_". And if you haven't installed Steam inside of your C: drive, then replace the |C:\| line with the drive you have installed it to.

If you have any further problems, then just post below, and I'd be glad to help! :)

Edited:

Lol, i hope I'm helping someone out there. If you know anyone who has this problem, please let them know of this thread :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Should be added to STALKER thread OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    June 2011
    474 Posts
    Should be added to STALKER thread OP.
    Sorry, but i thought that more people would see it this way, also Google it and find this thread.