1. Post #1
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Friends-

We're forcing them to take our concerns seriously: Demand Progress members have sent more than 50,000 emails to Senators to urge them to oppose the Internet Blacklist Bill (the PROTECT IP Act). Now we're hearing back from them, and one thing is clear: Our emails are compelling Senators to start thinking hard about Internet freedom.

Will you urge your lawmakers to to oppose the Internet Blacklist Bill? Just click here:

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/p...ource=auto-taf

PROTECT IP would give the government the power to force Internet service providers, search engines, and other "information location tools" to block users' access to sites that have been accused of copyright infringement -- the initiation of a China-style censorship regime here in the United States.

Will you email Congress to urge them to oppose the PROTECT IP Act?

Senators are writing back to let us know that our emails are making them think twice before rubber-stamping PROTECT IP. For instance, Oregon's Jeff Merkley is telling Demand Progress members:

"I have heard from many Oregonians on both sides of this issue – those who support providing U.S. agencies with greater authority to shut down websites, and those who are worried that the legislation could result in Internet censorship. Thanks to your letter and the letters of fellow Oregonians, I have asked my staff to take a closer look into this legislation."

Will you email Congress to urge them to oppose the PROTECT IP Act?

Thanks!
    The government is trying to censor the internet, Much like china. They want to block sites that have copyrighted material COMPLETELY from all internet users. This can NOT possibly end well. If you would, please kindly use one of their automated messages to protest the bill, and possibly add a bit of your own message. It would only take a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 15Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,248 Posts
    Old news, it's not gonna pass anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    old news, just downvote that shit

4. Post #4
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Old news, it's not gonna pass anyway.
    That was a different bill, designed to throw those who streamed copyrighted material in jail. This one is to block sites that DO have copyrighted material on them, weither it's streaming or not from all internet users in America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    11,896 Posts
    I just got the email. Sent the letter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    3,379 Posts
    This isn't gonna happen, and you're a couple weeks late.

7. Post #7
    when I read "being passed" I nearly died because I thought it was finally being passed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    I cannot wait for the flawless government to improve my internet experience.

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    2,900 Posts
    Inappropriate thread title.

10. Post #10
    SK17a
    October 2010
    12,055 Posts
    it's not new and it's not getting passed

bad title

11. Post #11
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,490 Posts
    Nearly shit myself at the thread title because I thought people were this stupid to let it pass.

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    Odd that most companies with copyright interests AND the government are trying to DP me.

I'm starting to think it's two dicks on the same guy.

13. Post #13
    August 2010
    5,489 Posts
    Have you SERIOUSLY first seen this now? I wouldn't laugh when i saw your low IQ score.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    128 Posts
    Is there any definite way of knowing it's not going to pass? I haven't heard much of it.

15. Post #15
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Have you SERIOUSLY first seen this now? I wouldn't laugh when i saw your low IQ score.
    Because me not hearing about something when it first happened makes me dumb.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,685 Posts
    Because me not hearing about something when it first happened makes me dumb.
    You're right, it just means you live under a rock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    SK17a
    October 2010
    12,055 Posts
    this will never happen btw