1. Post #81
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,564 Posts
    I just came back from Moneyball and saw the teaser trailer. I honestly forgot that Daniel Craig was in it and that David Fincher was directing (it never said so in the trailer, but I remembered that shortly after seeing it).

2. Post #82
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    I'd seriously reconsider reading the books.

They're the most thrilling piece of literature I've ever read.
    I'm sure they're great, but right now I have no intentions of reading them.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    The beginning of the book is a big borefest, and several times I just put it down and considered stopping reading. Bunch of boring political shit than I couldn't care less about, and pretty much completely irrelevant to the plot. The book starts picking up when Michael is hired by Vanger. I got through book one and two, currently on number three.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,202 Posts
    I watched the other version a few days ago. It was really good, and I can't wait to see how this version turns out.

Just watched the trailer, and i'm convinced it will be as good, if not better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    I just watched the euro version and loved it. lisbeth is my kind of girl.

i think noomi rapace is hotter than the one in this version... but DANIEL CRAIG... aka "pure sex" should balance it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    The beginning of the book is a big borefest, and several times I just put it down and considered stopping reading. Bunch of boring political shit than I couldn't care less about, and pretty much completely irrelevant to the plot. The book starts picking up when Michael is hired by Vanger. I got through book one and two, currently on number three.
    you're dumb

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    you're dumb
    Why? I found it extremely boring, and I know a lot of other readers did as well. I liked most of the book, just not the beginning because the author seems to have some political fetish.

8. Post #88
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,255 Posts
    If you think that the first book is "bunch of boring political shit", then you really shouldn't read the third one.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    If you think that the first book is "bunch of boring political shit", then you really shouldn't read the third one.
    The beginning of the book! Not the entire thing. I'm already on the third one, and yes, it was a pain to get through the first chapters, but it went easier from there.

10. Post #90
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,255 Posts
    More photos:

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,745 Posts
    Artistic as fuck.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    where are her eyebrows?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    More photos:

which one is daniel craig
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

14. Post #94
    November 2009
    6,717 Posts
    More photos:

It's weird, because the actress playing her is pretty good-looking normally, while in the movie she's a 4-5 at best. But in the Swedish films, Noomi Rapace is banging as Salander (I don't really know what she looks like irl so I won't bother).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    It's weird, because the actress playing her is pretty good-looking normally, while in the movie she's a 4-5 at best. But in the Swedish films, Noomi Rapace is banging as Salander (I don't really know what she looks like irl so I won't bother).
    haha what, noomi rapace is ugly as shit in the movies, even wosre than the new actor whose name i forget
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    What no Noomi Rapace easily beats the new girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    what a joke

18. Post #98
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I don't understand why you guys are arguing so much over who is prettier. I don't know why it matters so much that the main character must be pretty for rusty in particular.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,427 Posts
    Noomi Rapace actually looks like a woman. This new girl just looks like a dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    January 2011
    322 Posts
    Good movie or not, that's irrelevant. Trent FUCKING Reznor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts

you're not nsupposed to find salander all that attractive

22. Post #102
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    I know it doesn't matter as far as the film itself goes, but it is completely the opposite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    I have to say like everyone else(except rusty100 ofc) that Noomi Rapace is much more attractive that Roney Mara. And that is not because i'm swedish.
    For example take a look on the first picture, the magazine cover. She looks just like a man! And there is not much other difference in the other picture either. Actually the first pic looks like Elijah Wood posing for Green Street Hooligans or something.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,311 Posts
    outside of the movies rooney mara is a million times more attractive that noomi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    I have to say like everyone else(except rusty100 ofc) that Noomi Rapace is much more attractive that Roney Mara. And that is not because i'm swedish.
    For example take a look on the first picture, the magazine cover. She looks just like a man! And there is not much other difference in the other picture either. Actually the first pic looks like Elijah Wood posing for Green Street Hooligans or something.
    My brother was scrolling through the newest Empire magazine, and when looking at the frontpage he pointed at Rooney and said "I know I've seen him somewhere else!".

But it doesn't really matter though, because Lisbeth isn't supposed to be overly pretty.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,062 Posts
    Good movie or not, that's irrelevant. Trent FUCKING Reznor.
    Song in the first trailer was godly and I love Trent's work, massively hyped for the OST now.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,372 Posts
    New trailer.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    Already?

Edit:
    Oh, barely any new footage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    I don't understand why you guys are arguing so much over who is prettier. I don't know why it matters so much that the main character must be pretty for rusty in particular.
    because he's like house. at least he thinks he's like house

30. Post #110
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    because he's like house. at least he thinks he's like house
    what does this post even mean, house?

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,745 Posts
    I guess it means house, or Gregory House, the lovable asshole.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,372 Posts

33. Post #113
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    terrifying

Edited:

I guess it means house, or Gregory House, the lovable asshole.
    but i haven't even watched house for years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,447 Posts
    More photos:

Before reading this, I was seriously apprehensive about the whole project. It felt like a cheap copy for people who can't be bothered to read subtitles. Afterwards though, it gives me confidence for this, especially in Rooney Mara. Everything should be fine.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    Before reading this, I was seriously apprehensive about the whole project. It felt like a cheap copy for people who can't be bothered to read subtitles. Afterwards though, it gives me confidence for this, especially in Rooney Mara. Everything should be fine.
    david fincher
    david fincher
    david fincher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,564 Posts
    ^That, Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, and Trent Reznor.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    Good god. Rooney Mara is a babe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts

David Fincher posted:
    “Look, we saw some amazing people. Scarlett Johansson was great. It was a great audition, I’m telling you. But the thing with Scarlett is, you can’t wait for her to take her clothes off.”
    Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    September 2005
    63,070 Posts
    haha, david fincher thinks scarlett johansson can act

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    you don't need to have to act when you're that hot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)