1. Post #601
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    I love doing this, except that I also don't like adding things into my ship that have no use; this is mostly for purposes of lagcombat, but at the same time, I spend most of my time building a ship specifically for both terraforming and combat, and I never figured out why I'd need a vending machine in it unless I was RPing. Which would be cool if I could find anyone who wouldn't mind casual RP...
    all useless thing in my ship are parented so no lag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    this occurs whenever I don't give them targeting data.
    That's why it happens: since you don't give the target coordinate inputs any value (the coordinates of the target), they default to a certain value. The weapon however doesn't know that and thinks those are the target's real coordinates, hence why it fires at those.

Also, I am unsure how to wire up targeting.
    Use Wire Target Finder. If I remember correctly, the Target Finder outputs something that has to be wired to a Beacon Sensor which in turn will output the target's coordinates. I don't know if the weapon needs global or relative coordinates, though - try both.

-orb- had a very good tutorial video on the matter once that disappeared from the internet. Pity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    anyone know if there's a cloaking device in this mod or another that will also cloak anything inside the ship it's used on? kinda tired of cloaking my ship then realizing either from a camera or a friend that everyone can see the player models of me and my crew sitting on sweet fuck all while traveling through space...
    Not possible on any server with a decent admin mod. Invisible players would be a mingebag's paradise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,709 Posts
    Isn't that why player lists exist? I think the players name would show up if you are pointing at him/her unless you make a quite ridiculous invisibility mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Whoa, that door is trippy. I like it!

Cloaking devices
    I've done E2 cloaking devices before, where I change the player alpha or player material, but that doesn't always work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #606
    March 2006
    16 Posts
    Energy would make a lot of sense for the energy weapons, impulse cannon / railgun etc, but for the ballistical ones I'd suggest some ammo 'clip' that you have to load otherwise.
    For the beginning maybe with some bulky ent that converts energy to ammo (later maybe other resources)
    I remember something like that in an X3R addon, there was a missle capital ship that was able to craft it's missles itself :o
    never had it though, I prefer energy weapons for the simple reason of not needing physical ammo :3
    Another option is they can reload themselves like now but need coolant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #607
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    this occurs whenever I don't give them targeting data-for instance in a veirling mount-rather than acting like dumb rockets, the choose down as their target.
    Also, I am unsure how to wire up targeting.
    This wire weapon tutorial vid of mine is old, but should help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ycx6I7NR4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #608
    August 2009
    81 Posts
    This wire weapon tutorial vid of mine is old, but should help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Ycx6I7NR4
    Thank you. It was the guidance value evading me, though it would seem that the turret does not accept vector inputs.

EDIT:the launcher, not the Turret

9. Post #609
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Thank you. It was the guidance value evading me, though it would seem that the turret does not accept vector inputs.

EDIT:the launcher, not the Turret
    I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad, since I've never messed with vector inputs. I'm glad I was able to help. :D

10. Post #610
    August 2008
    31 Posts
    I've been trying to follow this thread, but I'm still confused; are these new items being uploaded to the svn as they're developed? Or can no one access the svn still?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

11. Post #611
    March 2010
    322 Posts
    I've been trying to follow this thread, but I'm still confused; are these new items being uploaded to the svn as they're developed? Or can no one access the svn still?
    My sENTs will not be uploaded any time soon, as I have alot of work (I have to set up a campus-wide game by the 12th of March lol)

12. Post #612
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    Hey everyone. Have just had a read through for the first time in, probably, 6 months. So glad this is still going, there's some cool stuff going on!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

13. Post #613
    September 2008
    397 Posts
    I always liked the idea of building in space. Cant wait to install all these things again. Nice work everyone :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

14. Post #614
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Hmm... What happened to the three shipyard models we used to have?

15. Post #615
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    It's been two days... Seriously, I expected at least a "Lol, I dunno." >__<

16. Post #616
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    It's been two days... Seriously, I expected at least a "Lol, I dunno." >__<
    No-one really wants to see "no i dont" in answer really its pointless, though me saying this is also pointless...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #617

September 2010
    54 Posts
    That one big turretbase for the T shaped 18x (and real 4x...) missle pod can't relay it's fire input to most if not all weapons so you have to also wire the fire input of the mounted weapon too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

18. Post #618
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    Hmm... What happened to the three shipyard models we used to have?
    What shipyard models?

19. Post #619
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    What shipyard models?
    I can't remember if Cerus did them or not, but here's an example.

As you can tell, they're pretty basic and I never really understood what they were for since I usually just make a ship on a planet surface, then adv dupe it into space. Now that I know what they are meant for, I can't find them. T_T

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I remember those. There were several of them. I think you're right, I think Cerus did them. I never used them, but only because they were hard to connect with corridors.

21. Post #621
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    If memory serves, Cerebrate did those... I don't know of them having been removed...

22. Post #622
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Got a simple question for you guys (and girls).

Atm with the new svn, the new sbep changes done on it only get synced with the general spacebuild svn:

http://spacebuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sbep/

Do you guys think I should sync these changes to the "old" sbep svn to or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    why not

24. Post #624
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    The problem is, that if anyone else commits something to the old svn. These changes will be overwritten by the sync process. It's one way only...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

25. Post #625

September 2010
    54 Posts
    I don't care, I switched already to the new svn and everything works, even for servers which aren't updated to it yet. Well I guess that'll be a yes since that would bring the changes to these too?
    Dunno, if it's no big hassle I'd say yes, if it's bothersome then no :o

Edit:

The problem is, that if anyone else commits something to the old svn. These changes will be overwritten by the sync process. It's one way only...
    can't svn merge the 'new sbep' changes into the 'old sbep'? I'm not that good with what svn can and can't do...

But I guess that'll makes my choice from before tending to no : / sounds like it could become quite bothersome.

26. Post #626
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    Star Trek based Shuttle/Ship has a basic interior.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #627
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    small bridge cockpit addon:

the dummy is just here for have an idea of the size
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

28. Post #628
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Got a simple question for you guys (and girls).

Atm with the new svn, the new sbep changes done on it only get synced with the general spacebuild svn:

http://spacebuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/sbep/

Rate Agree if you want it to be synced to the old svn
    Disagree it you don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    small bridge cockpit addon
    Legit cockpit win. Thanks for this. Would you be willing to do a double wide version?

Edited:

Is anyone willing to model Naval style parts for spaceships? Who says we can't have battleships in space?

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

We need interior addons for ALL the pieces!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #631
    February 2008
    151 Posts
    Disagree it you don't.
    you mean devfiles so new models ->go to-> old? yeah

else
    {
    nope i think it s not nececary
    }

32. Post #632
    July 2010
    69 Posts
    I too have been trying to follow this thread for a while. But im confused.
    Im willing to download all of my svn stuff again, just to get the best up to date, newest, blah blah whatever stuff.
    Frankly, It doesn't bother me wether your stuff has or hasn't been uploaded to the svn yet, I'd just like to know the most up to date and propper svn.
    This has come a very long way since I played gmod, time to get back into it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts

Holy crap, that is made of so much win...any chance you could make a few variations? Maybe a 1-seated one with a control panel on one side, a two-seater one, etc? And/or make them vehicles or put a depression for a chair?

Sorry, I just got excited. This would make my creations 10x nicer looking.

34. Post #634
    August 2010
    103 Posts
    I have to say, that small craft from Destroyer and mandrac's enhanced cockpit pieces look good. As for me, I've got my alternate SmB doors working (mostly; they won't skin switch) and I've nearly completed that horizontal elevator adapter piece. By that I mean it needs a little fixing to work properly with the skin switcher and a couple faces didn't UVW map properly. But I was able to take a couple pictures of it in game.

Panel | Attached to hull and elevator tube
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

35. Post #635

September 2010
    54 Posts
    Holy crap, that is made of so much win...any chance you could make a few variations? Maybe a 1-seated one with a control panel on one side, a two-seater one, etc? And/or make them vehicles or put a depression for a chair?

Sorry, I just got excited. This would make my creations 10x nicer looking.
    That just gave me the wish the assembler tool would also work for seats and displays IN the sb parts too, I always have to easy precision my seat on the cockpit and nudge it into position : /
    having OCD sucks... else I could just slap it in somewhere XD

36. Post #636
    February 2008
    151 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    Disagree it you don't.

Going to wait till the end of the week till I close the vote.
    If nothing changes by then, I'll modify the sync script so it's able to commit the changes the old svn to.

Since I'm not able to modify the OP, I'll be making a new SBEP thread tomorow (linking both to this thread and the new svn link).

Should make it easier to keep all the new changes organised and stuff...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    March 2008
    304 Posts
    Finally progress on the best Spacebuild addon... ever... :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    If nothing changes by then, I'll modify the sync script so it's able to commit the changes the old svn to.

Since I'm not able to modify the OP, I'll be making a new SBEP thread tomorow (linking both to this thread and the new svn link).

I'm so confused; what?

40. Post #640
    February 2009
    103 Posts

You or someone else (ie me) could ask Hysteria to alter the OP instead, I'm not too fussed.