1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    my bro purchased his own copy of minecraft for his own computer 2 weeks ago. since then he has been absolutely fascinated with the whole herobrine story. he pretty much played for 1 day and spent the rest of the time watching vids, looking at pics and reading articles about herobrine. at this point i already had a plan for a great prank. luckily he backs up all his saves on his dropbox account, witch (long story short) i have the password for. I downloaded his save and opened it on my computer. i gave myself some tools and blocks and walked a ways out and built a shrine. i walked a ways out again and build another, ect, ect. after an hour i had completely surrounded his wooden house with stone shrines, but they were just out of viewing distance, so he could not see them from his windows. Every single shrine had a sign inside it, each sign had a single arrow pointing to a single shrine, behind his base. all it says in there is his first name. i uploaded the save to his dropbox, overwriting the old one and completing part 1 of my plan. late that night i went downstairs and got into his computer (he uses the same passwords for stuff luckily) and moved the original save from his computer onto my memory stick. a few nights pass before he decides to play minecraft again, it's about midnight when he starts playing (at this point all i can only assume as i heard his laptop running) and about 1:20 he stops playing and goes to bed. after he is asleep i sneak back into his room and take his laptop. i replaced the world i had changed with the default and placed his laptop back.

He hasn't played again since i changed his world back, what should i do when he sees the shrines are gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 54Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    7,256 Posts
    Install a herobrine mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,789 Posts
    Get him to join a multiplayer server and use the herobrine model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,894 Posts
    my bro purchased his own copy of minecraft for his own computer 2 weeks ago. since then he has been absolutely fascinated with the whole herobrine story. he pretty much played for 1 day and spent the rest of the time watching vids, looking at pics and reading articles about herobrine. at this point i already had a plan for a great prank. luckily he backs up all his saves on his dropbox account, witch (long story short) i have the password for. I downloaded his save and opened it on my computer. i gave myself some tools and blocks and walked a ways out and built a shrine. i walked a ways out again and build another, ect, ect. after an hour i had completely surrounded his wooden house with stone shrines, but they were just out of viewing distance, so he could not see them from his windows. Every single shrine had a sign inside it, each sign had a single arrow pointing to a single shrine, behind his base. all it says in there is his first name. i uploaded the save to his dropbox, overwriting the old one and completing part 1 of my plan. late that night i went downstairs and got into his computer (he uses the same passwords for stuff luckily) and moved the original save from his computer onto my memory stick. a few nights pass before he decides to play minecraft again, it's about midnight when he starts playing (at this point all i can only assume as i heard his laptop running) and about 1:20 he stops playing and goes to bed. after he is asleep i sneak back into his room and take his laptop. i replaced the world i had changed with the default and placed his laptop back.

He hasn't played again since i changed his world back, what should i do when he sees the shrines are gone?
    Take all of his inventory and divide it among where the shrines were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,231 Posts
    Humans+ has herobrine AFAIK-- you'll just have to remove all of the other mobs and keep him. He spawns on dimly lit wood, and runs out of vision (I think)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    this is plan 1, unless i can't think of anything better this is what i'm doing

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,231 Posts
    Not his inventory; all of his chests.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    i was thinking of creating a replica of his house at bedrock level and the only way to get there is to go down one of the shrines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 30Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,231 Posts
    i was thinking of creating a replica of his house at bedrock level and the only way to get there is to go down one of the shrines
    Remove his house, and in it's place have a sign saying "Down here".
    You jump down a hole into some water (at bedrock level) and there is a nether portal. Go inside, and his house is there, smashed to pieces (in bits, if you know what I mean)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    Remove his house, and in it's place have a sign saying "Down here".
    You jump down a hole into some water (at bedrock level) and there is a nether portal. Go inside, and his house is there, smashed to pieces (in bits, if you know what I mean)
    good idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

11. Post #11
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts
    Dig random holes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,231 Posts
    How much time do you have to complete this 'project' of yours?

13. Post #13
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts
    Upload the save.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    How much time do you have to complete this 'project' of yours?
    a few days

15. Post #15
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,248 Posts
    blow up his house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,231 Posts
    Mysterious button in house... Something happens when it's pressed?

Edited:

blow up his house
    Probably this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 32Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,447 Posts
    Zombie skin is same specifications as Human skin, right?

Replace zombie skin, with the Herobrine skin, and make a zombie spawner at each of the previous shrine sites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2011
    1,311 Posts
    Place random but man made items around (such as crafting benches, portals, furnaces), build random houses, place random signs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    756 Posts
    Zombie skin is same specifications as Human skin, right?

Replace zombie skin, with the Herobrine skin, and make a zombie spawner at each of the previous shrine sites.
    They would just attack him..... And Herobrine doesn't spawn in packs and it doesn't attack.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

20. Post #20
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    Humans+ has herobrine AFAIK-- you'll just have to remove all of the other mobs and keep him. He spawns on dimly lit wood, and runs out of vision (I think)
    No, he just kills hostile mobs and darts around.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,875 Posts
    Reskin iron doors as Herobrine and scatter them across his world.

Seriously, I downloaded a texture pack once and didn't know the iron door was herobrine and I accidentally burned down my house and one iron door was just standing in the flames

Nearly shat myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 82Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,337 Posts
    Reskin his creepers as herobrine and place a spawner in his house/ the temples.
    I guess he will be terrified when I opens his lovely door and a herobrine pops out and explodes on him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,447 Posts
    I'd have just probably got all his shrines, and moved them round, swapped them round a bit.

24. Post #24
    October 2009
    949 Posts
    Make a town pretty far away and leave several hints on how to get there kind of like in that adventure map Redmurk.

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    4,176 Posts
    Hack in some TNT, place it all around his house, wire it to one button that is the center of a shrine.

Edited:

Keeping the wiring and TNT hidden obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,894 Posts
    Replace all the shrines and houses with nether portals, make a replica of the area between the shrines/houses in the nether, including the shrines and houses themselves at their nether portals.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,789 Posts
    Also, remember to install a big fucking laggy ugly texture pack to make him think minecraft has turned evil
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    You guys aren't subtle at all.
    I recommend what one user said earlier. NPC mod with Herorrine only would give the best results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,282 Posts
    Maybe replace any paintings he has in the house with scary/spooky images?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,738 Posts
    Replace paintings with eyes

that's always creepy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    He'll know bullshit is going on if you do something that obvious and ridiculous.

Maybe a few tiny dirt pyramids, then the Humans+ mod with just Herobrine. That'll creep him out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,642 Posts
    Here's what you do: you take all the shit out of his chests, move it underneath chests where those were. Put that stuff in the lower chests, kill lots of pigs. Put raw porkchops in all of the chests. Laugh as he has to cook all those porkchops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    Here's what you do: you take all the shit out of his chests, move it underneath chests where those were. Put that stuff in the lower chests, kill lots of pigs. Put raw porkchops in all of the chests. Laugh as he has to cook all those porkchops.
    Nice job reading the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,736 Posts
    Was that supposed to be funny or you didn't bother reading anything at all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,678 Posts
    Edit his save so that it is constantly raining. Build a long stairway from his house leading down to a giant tunnel in the bedrock, going off in both directions for miles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,904 Posts
    ok guys, im back from school and this is what i did

now at each of the locations the shrines were at i dug large 1 block wide pits down to bedrock, then i connected them all and hollowed out the area. it is completely dark and fucking massive. in the center is a blank sign. i plan on changing what this sign says later on

i also made his save raining all the time to add effect. he has not mentioned it to me or my family, so i don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    moo
    November 2006
    4,767 Posts
    What if he hasn't even played minecraft in a while and hasn't seen any of what you've done?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,450 Posts
    Build a creepy tunnel in his house that goes deep underground into a Herobrine shrine with a lava floor and platforms to jump on- Like that pyrimid in Yogscast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    7,256 Posts
    You guys aren't subtle at all.
    I recommend what one user said earlier. NPC mod with Herorrine only would give the best results.
    Psychological torture is the best way. You can't just make large structures and expect them to be scared, change little things. Invert his house one day. Move his chests around. Change paintings to be something else. Move his house slightly a different direction.

Then, add the NPC mod with Herorrine at the last second, and he will always be scared of playing minecraft, forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 26Winner x 6Disagree x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    964 Posts
    Should have started with little things like moving paintings then snowball into saving the game while the player is standing outside at night looking at the moon. Then get in the freaky shrine stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)