1. Post #1
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    Picture wars!

So, some of you may of heard of Picture wars whilst it was still a subforum and some of you might not have. Either way, we now have our own forum and we would love for some new people to come try it out.

What is Picture Wars?
    Well, you sprite little guys and have them fight - sounds simple right? But there is ALOT of variation - let's show some examples!

[release]

Ah a classic, made by SuperChocobo - The Coco's![/release]

[release]

Is that a giant fucking spider? Yes it is, the Arachnawarriors by mewiththeface![/release]

[release]

These sexy beasts by Sanzh - the Ceph'qua[/release]

[release]

One of my very own armies, some dinosaur people![/release]

[release]

Some steampunky styled Imperial Germans by Kommrad![/release]

[release]

Some armies by pocket medic![/release]

Alright, so you've seen enough of the armies - lets see a snippet of a match:

[release]

A match between Kommrad and Yuskolov one of my favourites that is currently going on!
    [/release]

Anybody can join with any experience, you don't have to have godly artistic skills - we will help you improve and you'll have a great time with our little community. Join us over at:

Picture wars!

Honestly I'm probably not giving it enough credit, just go check it out and explore - maybe join!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    Hey everybody. Used to be over here a lot, and now i spend all my time at the PW forums. Pretty cool beans if you ask me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    I'd recommend it, it's great fun when you get some practice in at spriting. Perhaps pop these two of my armies into the OP as an example? Thanks.

4. Post #4
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,074 Posts
    Is good trip.

5. Post #5
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    hey, i remeber that blim, it was them diddy russains wasn't it, i think it was on this sub-forum
    http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355

6. Post #6
    July 2008
    1,339 Posts
    I really wish we could converge the both of us. I remember ye' old picture wars. I really miss it. I never see the subforums now that they are at the bottom. I wish we could have better connection between us. I'll go over there eventually. Thanks for the refresher.

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    hey, i remeber that blim, it was them diddy russains wasn't it, i think it was on this sub-forum
    http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355
    Then we moved somewhere nice and shiny.

8. Post #8
    May 2010
    4,892 Posts
    Hi im gtaftw and i aprove this thread!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    hey gt, yes the new pixel wars is
    nice and shiny.
    and we all approve this thread, aprt from those who want to ruin this forum and it's users

10. Post #10
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    I approve of the checking out

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    1,732 Posts
    I approve of the checking out
    I approve of this.

12. Post #12
    July 2008
    1,339 Posts
    There needs to be a picture wars sticky, since there is no other connection between the old subforum and the new forum.

13. Post #13
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    hey gt, yes the new pixel wars is

and we all approve this thread, aprt from those who want to ruin this forum and it's users
    what

are we ruining this forum and its users? Im just saying that if you have sprites for PW, you shouldn't be here, go to the PW forums.

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    not you, kommrad, i refer to trolls, otherwise i would have been given a ban for various reasons{ you'll probably figure it out} i end now with this: vote dumb at will

15. Post #15
    May 2010
    1,964 Posts
    Err, so, is this in MS Paint or what? I'd like to know and take part, because I've recently got a metaphorical hard-on for MS Paint and pixels and drawing and things such as that.

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    Err, so, is this in MS Paint or what? I'd like to know and take part, because I've recently got a metaphorical hard-on for MS Paint and pixels and drawing and things such as that.
    Yup, basically just drawing little pixel people and having fights with them in MS paint. My explanation doesn't really do it any good, check out the matches forum for an idea of what it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    Yup, basically just drawing little pixel people and having fights with them in MS paint. My explanation doesn't really do it any good, check out the matches forum for an idea of what it is.
    everyone agrees with raga...he's got more brains about pixels and the like than a few of us put together

18. Post #18
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,745 Posts
    But not me.

:frog:

Edited:

Jks   

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Holy. fucking. shit. balls. what the-how-
    wow, you guys are totally out of my league. I'm blown away at the quality of those armies. its even more amazing that those are interactives. INTERACTIVES. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE MS PAINT INTERACTIVES THAT GOOD? HOW? TELL- ok, I'm good. I guess I'll check it out.

20. Post #20
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,745 Posts
    Just a taster for anyone dubious about coming over to the site.

My ships are the ones getting owned. I sprited the explosions

Edited:

Potanis, it ain't easy! Thats' for sure. Especially the explosions (they are bitches to sprite). It's possible though, it helps you improve your sprites and have fun!

21. Post #21
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Raga i can't believe you made a thread about PW and didn't mention our matches.

Anywho yes, lurkers. Join! Especially if you have some spriting ability!

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    hey live

23. Post #23
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    Man, this thing looks fun, but I'm no good in pixel art D:

24. Post #24
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Hi wolfius, and that is the worst excuse of the lot pivotmaster, there are people who joined a year or more ago (such as myself) that were terrible and got better, you never know until you try, and if you are crap, get better, but it'll only happen if you give it a go.

25. Post #25
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    Well, actually I'm ok with Pixel Art, but it's the shading that's troubling me. I don't feel comfortable posting trash work just to join an amazing pixel game.

26. Post #26
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    Don't worry, we all started out terribly - if you post some of your work we can help you get better at it. Here are some general guidelines for the scale and such - 25 pixels high is the average humanoid, Don't use other peoples armies, and accepting criticism helps aswell.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    Ew it's that stupid new forum.
    We already had one but some people got butthurt about it and made a new one, completely pointless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,125 Posts
    I might get back into this if I have the free time.

I have a couple good armies you can add to the OP if you need more examples.

29. Post #29
    November 2007
    458 Posts
    Don't worry, we all started out terribly - if you post some of your work we can help you get better at it. Here are some general guidelines for the scale and such - 25 pixels high is the average humanoid, Don't use other peoples armies, and accepting criticism helps aswell.

Well, aight. I'll try it. It's okay. But there's al ot of work to get done. I give criticism and get criticism. I'm sure I can handle it.

30. Post #30
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    in other words,, if you're starting out, borrow an army to use for scale, after that, use yours to scale

or if you really are desperate, ask for permission to use. this is frowned upon, as people expect you to make you're own

31. Post #31
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    We already had one but some people got butthurt about it and made a new one, completely pointless.
    actually it sounds like you are more angered than anybody else ;)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,727 Posts
    Blimey, I need to get back into this.

33. Post #33
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    You're actually the only person from the old person that I am aware of who actively dislikes this new forum
    You're only hurting yourself

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,307 Posts
    I always thought it was called Pixel Wars by the way

35. Post #35
    June 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Holy shit that looks nice.

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    2,062 Posts
    Whoever made the Facepunch subforum just wrote the name wrong and nobody could be bothered to campaign to correct such a minor problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    hey metal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    1,732 Posts
    Domain was taken.

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    Hey MSpaint-people. In my travels i have seen what looks like a resurgence in what PW (Picture Wars) used to be like when it was on this forum. So, in bumping this thread im hoping you can check Picture wars out and maybe get your spriting talents up and unclutter this sub forum. Maybe even get your skills in MSpaint up as well. (maybe not that last part, thats what i remember all the MSpainters whining about so PW got its own sub forum for a while.)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    262 Posts

So yeah im gonna try this out, just need to get an army. Any tips on how to start off?

Q&Q would be nice so far.