1. Post #1
    OceanCityToday posted:
    (March 4, 2011) When a picture or comment is posted on the Internet, it could be there forever for anyone to see. One Ocean City man learned this the hard way last week, when he was arrested and charged with a serious crime because of a picture he posted on his Facebook page.

Authorities contend that Ernesto Garcia-Bristo, 26, posted a picture of himself holding two pipe bombs, along with a comment that he made the bombs to use against another person. The Ocean City bomb squad arrested him Feb. 24 and charged him with possessing a destructive device.

The investigation into Garcia- Bristo’s activities was started by an agent with the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement because Garcia-Bristo was supposed to have been deported in 2008, according to the police report. The agent began conducting surveillance of Garcia- Bristo after learning that he was still living in Ocean City.

As part of the investigation, the ICE agent examined Garcia-Bristo’s online Facebook page. The agent was concerned by some of the pictures posted on the page, and contacted the local bomb squad.

According to the statement of charges written by Deputy Fire Marshal Cliff Christello, one picture depicted a Hispanic male with a black ski mask over his face holding “two metallic, oblong cylindrical objects (one approximately half the size of the larger) attached together by what appears to be black electrical tape and connected on top by a thin item similar in size/consistency to a fuse or electrical wiring.” These were believed to be pipe bombs.

A string of online comments below the picture led police to believe Garcia-Bristo was the man in the picture holding the suspected bombs, that he made the suspected bombs in Ocean City and that he threatened to use them against another person.

According to the police report, one comment asked, “And is that one of your creations?” The reply, which police said was written by Garcia- Bristo, said, “C’mon, don’t you remember, Fat Boy, it’s the one we did in 76th, it was a gift for that [expletive]. Thank god they understood, because otherwise BBBBUUUMMM to hell.”

Garcia-Bristo used to live on 76th Street in Ocean City, police said, though he recently moved to Colonial Road in the Montego Bay neighborhood. Based on the photograph and the comments, Christello obtained an arrest warrant for Garcia-Bristo, who was taken into custody Feb. 24.

“Based upon Christello’s knowledge, training and experience as a hazardous devices technician, the item pictured in Photograph 1 and discussed through Facebook responses could potentially be an improvised destructive device,” according to the statement of charges.

The case is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in Ocean City District Court on March 21.
    Source:
    http://www.oceancitytoday.net/news/2...b_on_Face.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    I think this is being completely blown out of proportion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 82Zing x 5Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,038 Posts
    Well...kaboom? At least nothing exploded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Macedonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    Well, were they actually pipebombs?

Or we they destructive devices in the same capacity as mentos and a bottle of coke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    facebomb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2009
    2,367 Posts
    photobombing to the extreme!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    That bombed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    August 2009
    7,295 Posts
    He must've went to pieces when he found out about the charges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,816 Posts
    Some people are just so stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,514 Posts
    He got what he deserved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    2,579 Posts
    Well he did say he was going to use them against another person. That's like someone posting a picture of a gun and saying "I'm going to shoot up people with this." Or a picture of a knife and saying "I'm going use this to stab people."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    984 Posts
    Remember kids, don't post photos of your pipe bombs on facebook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,200 Posts

Oh god, will I get arrested now!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,053 Posts

oh god, will i get arrested now!?
    no2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 24Funny Funny x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Well he did say he was going to use them against another person. That's like someone posting a picture of a gun and saying "I'm going to shoot up people with this." Or a picture of a knife and saying "I'm going use this to stab people."

Ima stab you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    277 Posts
    ch3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,562 Posts
    Well it was a real bomb, so I don't get what he was thinking to post that on facebook.

What a dumb ass.

18. Post #18
    January 2011
    108 Posts

Ima stab you
    :foxnews: Man arrested for threatening to stab someone on a forum! More at 6, back to you Diane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

19. Post #19
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,589 Posts
    it'd be funny if someone posted a fake pipe bomb and still got charged

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,258 Posts
    What a dumb motherfucker.

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    He honestly deserved that

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,362 Posts
    :foxnews: Muslim Man arrested for threatening to stab someone on a forum, Obama responsible? More at 6, back to you Diane.:foxnews:
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Colombia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,015 Posts

welp i'm nicked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,685 Posts
    Makes me want to find a generic picture of an ICBM and put it on facebook with a caption saying I'm going to use it against Norway, see how many people come after me.

Nobody, because no-one cares about Norway   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,250 Posts

Hey it's me with a Bo-
    dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

26. Post #26
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,798 Posts
    He must've went to pieces when he found out about the charges.
    That last word took me a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    August 2009
    7,295 Posts
    That last word took me a second.
    I was thinking about making it italics in case it was missed, but that looks a bit dumb.

28. Post #28
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Funny how a country so pro gun rights overreacts so much over a bomb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Guns don't kill people, bombs do!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts
    How does this make any sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,574 Posts
    Because no one should react if I post a picture of me holding a pistol on Facebook with the caption, "I'm going to shoot up school tomorrow."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    "I'm going to shoot up school tomorrow."
    :foxnews: INTERNET USER KNOWN AS THE INFAMOUS "CANUHEARME?" THREATENS TO SHOOT AN ENTIRE SCHOOL UP, MORE AT ELEVEN :foxnews:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,415 Posts
    Aw man, i wanted to see that picture :smith:

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    5,665 Posts
    Makes me want to find a generic picture of an ICBM and put it on facebook with a caption saying I'm going to use it against Norway, see how many people come after me.

Nobody, because no-one cares about Norway   
    i care about norway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,168 Posts
    :foxnews: Man arrested for threatening to stab someone on a forum! More at 6, back to you Diane.
    More like :foxnews: Child arrested for threatening to stab someone on a forum! More at 6 on how the internet and video games are destroying today's youth! :foxnews:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,086 Posts
    :foxnews: LIBERAL INTERNET USER KNOWN AS THE INFAMOUS "CANUHEARME?" THREATENS TO SHOOT AN ENTIRE SCHOOL UP, MORE AT ELEVEN :foxnews:
    Fixed.

37. Post #37

October 2010
    26 Posts

(User was permabanned for this post ("Alt of Permabanned User/ Dumb post." - BANNED USER))

(User was permabanned for this post ("Crappy post. Dildo giving Bieber the finger." - Dav0r))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,374 Posts
    I should do that with a piece of PVC pipe with ducktaped caps at the ends.

39. Post #39
    February 2010
    6,732 Posts
    I don't blame them.

The kids that caused the Columbine Massacre made a video telling people that they were going to do it. Look what happened.

Some people think they're being paranoid, but they're trying to prevent terrible things from happening.

Having one man in jail is better than having another in a grave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)