1. Post #1
    I wasted 10$ and am proud of it.
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    [release][h2]Hey guyyyyyyys. I (we) see a lot of people these days who are desesperatly trying to learn photoshop, ending up doing shit and getting flamed when they have a bunch of amazing tools directly into the game![/h2]

Some of you are already familiar with these tools and my explainations aren't the best (especially with my absolutely horrible accent), yet I hope it'll help newcomers getting the basics:

Ending result :

DON'T FORGET TO MAX YOUR GRAPHICS EVEN IF IT'S LAGGISH AS FUCK
    Youtube Description posted:
    Alright, so first let me warn you : my accent is terrible and I'm doing pretty stupid mistakes pretty often, so you're better off muting the sound and listening to some music while watching the video.

Pack of presets I've done, extract in steamapps/garrysmod/garrysmod
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7936558/presets.rar

Useful ingame tools :
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=59471
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=41386

Bunch of replacements for the original muzzleflashes and stuff :
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=61222
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=57524

Incredible new impacts (enable with cl_new_impact_effects 1)
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=89082

That should be all, hope you learned something today boys, you have no excuse to make absolutely shitty garry's mod pictures anymore.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 11Winner x 4Artistic x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,558 Posts
    What map is that?

Great tutorial, btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    Custom L4D map I ported, the same one I told you some times ago, so full of glitches I didn't even bother releasing.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,020 Posts
    lol why is there a preset in your colorcorrection called taggart.raw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    Because you are a sexy man and I couldn't think of a proper name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,357 Posts
    awesome tut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,120 Posts
    Cool, now i can become weenurs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    Since I'm a nice man and a few people have asked me for a few now, I uploaded the map anyway : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7936558/l4dmapzerax.rar
    It has SHITLOAD of lightning problems, LOT of weird texture problems and overall is a bad map.
    But is has a few nice places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    if I had 1$ for every title under my name, I had 1$
    December 2007
    1,741 Posts
    I dont really like the result.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    I dont really like the result.
    You can come up with totally different results depending on the settings you've put. That's the point of a tutorial, showing how to do, not what to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,134 Posts
    Dinnimic shadows

tee hee hee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    November 2010
    1,319 Posts
    Really useful, thank you =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,143 Posts
    This is very useful!
    And your accent is kewl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,868 Posts
    That sexy french accent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    The fawkus looks very good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    March 2010
    465 Posts
    Awesome tutorial, really helped. I hope you do the posing tutorial, as I need it :P

17. Post #17
    May 2010
    123 Posts
    too bad the end result is shit and 69105 has already been stressing ingame editing for half a year with results ten times better

oh and you sound super fucking awkward; take some public speaking courses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    too bad the end result is shit and 69105 has already been stressing ingame editing for half a year with results ten times better

This picture is indeed shit, but it was meant to show people what tools to use and how, not to make them follow the tutorial to the letter.
    Oh and you sound super fucking full of yourself; take some behavior lessons. If you do not like it, I'm fine with it, but I don't really give a damn about your pictures, I'm having fun doing mines, people seem to like 'em, so I keep doing 'em.
    Also guess what, I have been using ingame editing for quite some time aswell (my first Gmod 10 picture, despite it being terrible, was using basic ingame mechanics such as lights and colormod), so really, don't go the penis size comparison way because we're just going to end up with at least the same size.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

Would you like to lose an accent?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,336 Posts
    accent =/= sounding awkward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    Yes I would.

22. Post #22
    The only reason he sounds awkward is because of his accent, at least in my opinion.

No, Weenurs, it was rhetorical asking if he knew only how easy it is to lose an accent (personally I do not know, but there was a kid in my class from somewhere in Britain, he had also been in the states for many years still retaining his accent (of the non-northwest style)).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,427 Posts
    Awesome tutorial. :buddy:

24. Post #24
    May 2010
    123 Posts
    This picture is indeed shit, but it was meant to show people what tools to use and how, not to make them follow the tutorial to the letter.
    it's a good thing too because if they followed it to the letter i'd feel like i was transported back in time to 2007
    Oh and you sound super fucking full of yourself; take some behavior lessons.
    that's funny, i don't remember bragging about my own skills; only the poor quality of yours.
    If you do not like it, I'm fine with it, but I don't really give a damn about your pictures
    see above
    Also guess what, I have been using ingame editing for quite some time aswell (my first Gmod 10 picture, despite it being terrible, was using basic ingame mechanics such as lights and colormod)
    honda has been making cars for over 60 years and look how far they've progressed--not at all, much like you. the time you've invested in something is not indicative of its quality.
    so really, don't go the penis size comparison way because we're just going to end up with at least the same size.
    this is square logic

The only reason he sounds awkward is because of his accent, at least in my opinion.
    no, he sounds awkward because he sounds completely unprepared with his material, pauses after every other word, and sounds completely uncharismatic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,305 Posts
    sit down bubbagamer and leave tutorial making to those of us who are competent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    I'm not following you there, have took a look at your stuff again, apart from brown / blue stuff, you've pretty much never changed your editing style, and let me tell it looks bad. Your tutorials are not even tutorials just some "here have tools, they're amazing use them and look at how I spent lot of time doing it, am I cool yet?" and a picture of your settings.

Don't like this, deal with it, it wasn't meant for you at the first place anyway since you seem to know everything about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    May 2010
    123 Posts
    I'm not following you there, have took a look at your stuff again, apart from brown / blue stuff, you've pretty much never changed your editing style
    excuse me? you must be viewing his pictures on some shitty 150 dollar tn film monitor because you can clearly tell variation in color tones across all of his pictures on my pva monitor; get on my level, amateur.
    and let me tell it looks bad.
    this isn't surprising at all; everything must look pretty bad on your first-gen romanian lcd monitor
    i don't see how that's any different than your tutorial, other than the fact that it's much more concise and doesn't spoon-feed you steps by presuming you're a fucking mongoloid
    Don't like this, deal with it, it wasn't meant for you at the first place anyway since you seem to know everything about that.
    this tutorial isn't suitable for anyone

28. Post #28
    excuse me? you must be viewing his pictures on some shitty 150 dollar tn film monitor because you can clearly tell variation in color tones across all of his pictures on my pva monitor; get on my level, amateur.

this isn't surprising at all; everything must look pretty bad on your first-gen romanian lcd monitor

i don't see how that's any different than your tutorial, other than the fact that it's much more concise and doesn't spoon-feed you steps by presuming you're a fucking mongoloid

this tutorial isn't suitable for anyone
    Are you sucking your own cock? I am earnestly curious, who are you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,030 Posts
    wow you guys are funny, you're gonna make me piss myself in laughter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,876 Posts
    Everything is dark and over saturated and bloom'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Seriously, is numbersvariationone the same as numbersvariationtwo? Who is numbersvariationone?

numbersvariationone = CYBERVELOCIRAPTOR avatar
    numbersvariationtwo = [crown] FAGGOTS! avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2009
    5,112 Posts
    I like your accent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    May 2010
    123 Posts
    Are you sucking your own cock? I am earnestly curious, who are you?
    Seriously, is numbersvariationone the same as numbersvariationtwo? Who is numbersvariationone?
    better than you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    4,168 Posts
    Uze ze wield tool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2010
    6,305 Posts
    I'm not following you there, have took a look at your stuff again, apart from brown / blue stuff, you've pretty much never changed your editing style, and let me tell it looks bad. Your tutorials are not even tutorials just some "here have tools, they're amazing use them and look at how I spent lot of time doing it, am I cool yet?" and a picture of your settings.

oh sorry you must have missed the plethora of helpful comments i give out every other day and actually provide tools and ideas that would help individual pictures then shoddy theories about composition as a whole

honestly bubbagamer get over yourself nobody took your tutorial seriously and nobody will take your tutorial seriously because they're not going to take you seriously you just can't make tutorials and not be annoying and expect people to respect you it just doesn't work

it doesn't. you don't watch tutorials on youtube made by thirteen year olds, do you? no. they're annoying to listen to. you're annoying to listen to -- in fact it's almost as annoying to listen to you as it is trying to explain myself which i shouldn't have to do in the first place

there's two tutorials that i count in this

imagine god got up in front of a group of christians and said "ok heres how to get people to believe in me" and he's got this really thick annoying accent, a hardcore peter-puffer lisp and a little girly undeveloped voice. it's god, so his word is absolute and his guidance is the best ever, but oh my GOD is he so fucking annoying to listen to. everyone just wants to punch him in his whiny mouth. god, god, you're so annoying... ugh, oh GOD SHUT UP yeah see where this useful guide he's providing is going? yeah nobody is going to respect someone who is annoying and that's why you have no respect get what i'm saying

that's you except not on such an obtuse scale
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2008
    382 Posts
    Will be useful to those who need to hear someone explain in-game editing. However, I agree with 10569 that 69105 tutorials, while not being presented on video are a little more useful. Plus I prefer the brown/ blue to the bloom in yours. Its you're style though, so I'm not telling you to change.

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,435 Posts
    -blablabla-
    Nice waste of time you got there. I know my accent is annoying, yet the point of this tutorial isn't me to get respected, I do not give a flying fuck, -got enough good friend on the internet and my life overall for me not to give a damn about FP's opinion on me-,t's more about showing people what to use and have a few explainations on the background if they want to (hey ow, read OP and notice how I'm telling people they can listen to music instead of the voice since it doesn't matter).

You, on the other hand, by always trying to show "U R TEH BEST" & your overall "LOOK IM MEAN" behaviors to everyone else (hiding behind the C&C pathetic excuse), are clearly having a complex there.

Edited:

Oh yes, flash news : you can give good criticism and be nice, just look at chesty and even me when I'm not a lazy fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2009
    183 Posts
    Great tutorial, I didn't even know Garry's Mod had a color correction tool. Keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2010
    6,305 Posts
    Nice waste of time you got there. I know my accent is annoying, yet the point of this tutorial isn't me to get respected, I do not give a flying fuck, -got enough good friend on the internet and my life overall for me not to give a damn about FP's opinion on me-,t's more about showing people what to use and have a few explainations on the background if they want to (hey ow, read OP and notice how I'm telling people they can listen to music instead of the voice since it doesn't matter).

You, on the other hand, by always trying to show "U R TEH BEST" & your overall "LOOK IM MEAN" behaviors to everyone else (hiding behind the C&C pathetic excuse), are clearly having a complex there.

Edited:

Oh yes, flash news : you can give good criticism and be nice, just look at chesty and even me when I'm not a lazy fuck.
    i read this with your accent and didnt understand a single word of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    4,168 Posts
    i read this with your accent and didnt understand a single word of it
    Then you are fucking deaf

Edited:

and blind