1. Post #681
    Funquisition Daily Founder
    September 2009
    326 Posts

I almost couldn't eat them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #682
    Supercocks
    September 2010
    8,651 Posts
    Eating cats? You monster!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #683
    I worked in a kitchen, but I stole their ingredients. You can't find it anywhere in the market. Its some sort of salt named 'Original spice'. Used to make this seafood paella. And curry spice for the yellow colour.

Also when fishing with a friend, caught some pretty good prawns.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #684
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,595 Posts
    My dad picked up a veal shank at the grocery store by accident, anyone know a good recipe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    January 2012
    178 Posts
    My friend an I made cupcakes for my art class because we got bored.
    Sorry for the instagram filter on the last picture, I didn't take the photo.

Some ones that I decorated (My first time decorating, be nice)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #686
    September 2009
    326 Posts
    I apologize, but it turns out the most recent foods I post are.. octopi.

Please don't think I'm weird or anything :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Friendly Friendly x 3Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    COXXINATOR
    August 2005
    126 Posts

4 Bean Chili with sweetcorn and porcini mushrooms.
    Cooked the beans in coffee and added some Laphroaig (whisky) after cooking the onion for extra flavour. Turned out really nice. Will have to add whisky next time i do a chili con carne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #688

September 2007
    398 Posts
    Who want's Thai food?!?

I use tofu because I'm vegitarian, but you could substitute it for some chicken if you so desire. :) Also, fresh veg like broccoli, carrots, and baby corn are also good.

Yellow Curry:

Coconut Milk, Yellow Curry Paste, Salt, Brown Sugar, Fish Sauce, Lemongrass, Bay Leaf, Basil, Tofu, Potato.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts
    snip. Links aren't working. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts

This was the plate I presented in my Advanced Culinary skills practical skills final today.

We had a list of ingredients told to us before lab and two proteins given to us during lab. I came up with:

Grilled NY Strip
    Braised Porkbutt
    Mushroom Risotto cooked with the pork braising liquid.
    Served on a bed of wilted spinach and toasted almond slivers.
    Accompanied with Glazed carrots and Cherry Bordelaise sauce.
    Garnished with fried Basil leafs.

Had flaws, but I thought it was pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #691
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,722 Posts

This was the plate I presented in my Advanced Culinary skills practical skills final today.

We had a list of ingredients told to us before lab and two proteins given to us during lab. I came up with:

Grilled NY Strip
    Braised Porkbutt
    Mushroom Risotto cooked with the pork braising liquid.
    Served on a bed of wilted spinach and toasted almond slivers.
    Accompanied with Glazed carrots and Cherry Bordelaise sauce.
    Garnished with fried Basil leafs.

Had flaws, but I thought it was pretty awesome.
    Presentation is spot on, I'll give you that. Can't taste it over the internet, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Presentation is spot on, I'll give you that. Can't taste it over the internet, though.
    Too much risotto and not enough sauce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,698 Posts
    to be honest I don't like the presentation, risotto isn't something you should be able to make into a cup while everything just kind of looks sloppy and rushed.

Still, I would eat it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    to be honest I don't like the presentation, risotto isn't something you should be able to make into a cup while everything just kind of looks sloppy and rushed.

Still, I would eat it.
    The creamy, starchiness that risotto has allows it to be shaped well. With the ring mold it gives it height, and height looks great on a plate.

Edited:

And a phone camera cant really pick up on a lot of detail. Looked much better in person because you could see its elevation better.

15. Post #695
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,968 Posts

1.5 pound steak, mashed potatoes and some string beans, perfect dinner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts
    Cinco de Mayo Cookies!

Reciepe/Tutorial! :D
    What you'll need/Ingredients:
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    5 cups flour
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    Mini M&M candies
    1/2 cup powdered sugar (frosting)
    2 teaspoons milk (frosting)

1) Make the dough
    Cream sugars with butter. Beat in eggs. Add oil. Combine dry ingredients together, and then gradually add them to the mixture. Mix in vanilla and almond extract.

Color the dough
    Split dough into five, even-sized balls and one smaller ball (this will be the black one). Add food coloring to each of the dough balls until desired color is achieved. Gel food coloring gives you more intense colors than liquid.

3) Layer the dough
    Use a container the same approximate width of your donkey/burro piñata cookie cutter, and line it with plastic food wrap. Split all of your colored dough balls in half (except the black) and begin layering the dough in the container, starting with the black dough on the bottom. Alternate the colors so that you end up with two layers of each color by the time you're done.

4) Wait
    Cover the layered dough and freeze for four hours or overnight. This is the perfect time to conserve your creative juices for what lies ahead.

5) Bake the cookies
    Remove the dough from the container and unwrap from the plastic. Cut slices, approximately 1/4-inch wide. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.

6) Cut the cookies
    Immediately after you take them out of the oven, use your burro piñata cookie cutter to cut the cookie shapes. Working in sets of three, be sure to cut two burro piñata cookies in one direction and one burro piñata cookie in the opposite direction. (Just flip your cookie cutter over.) That way, when you go to assemble them, the finished cookie will look "pretty" on both sides -- because the baked, bottom sides will be hidden.

Then create the hidden pocket for the middle cookies in each set, cut off the ears and legs, and cut out the center where the M&Ms will go. I used a small square cutter, and made three cuts to get a narrow rectangle. Try to work quickly, because as the cookies cool, they are more likely to crumble or break. Let them cool on the baking sheet before you move them and remove the excess, outer cookie.

7) Assembling the piñata cookies
    To assemble, take the first piñata cookie and lay it upside down so that the baked bottom is facing up. Outline the center of the piñata body with a "frosting glue" mixture of milk and powdered sugar. (I used 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and two teaspoons of milk. If you put it inside a Ziploc bag and cut off a tiny tip of the bag's corner, you can pipe it onto the cookie easily.)

Put the middle cookie on top of the frosting glue and add the M&Ms to the open center. Put another outline of frosting glue on the middle cookie and place the opposite-cut piñata cookie on top (so that the pretty side is facing out). Let these sit and harden for at least 30 minutes before you stand them upright.

:3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 36Funny x 2Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    They're amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    January 2009
    1,853 Posts
    whoa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts
    Hey stranger :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #700
    January 2009
    1,853 Posts
    Hey stranger :)
    whoa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #701
    January 2012
    472 Posts
    I made a toasted chocolate sandwich, using a Freddo chocolate bar and a little added salt. Overall it was good, but a bit too rich for the stomach capacity I had when I ate it. I didn't take a picture because I couldn't be bothered getting up and getting my phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,868 Posts
    Which vegetable(s) would go well with chicken fillet that's been marinated and cooked in coconut milk?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,444 Posts
    oriental veggies

like baby corn, mange tout, water chestnuts etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,868 Posts
    Alright thanks, I might try some of those out.

Which herb do you people think would work best for a cream vinaigrette for a rucola/basil salad? Some suggestions would be herbful! (oh god)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #705
    April 2011
    307 Posts
    just got my juicer fixed. watch out produce, im coming for you

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,265 Posts
    Just made my first real omelette, not just 3 cracked eggs in a pan for 3 minutes.
    I got the idea after watching a ton of videos of Marco Pierre White and Jacques Pepin.
    Turned out pretty nice, though it failed. I should've used more eggs, I only used two. The only real problem I had was turning it into an omelette by turning it over, because one side was just tiny.
    Still, it tasted really good.

Edited:

Also, I don't have pictures of it because I ate it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    August 2010
    856 Posts
    I shouldn't have come to this thread, it suddenly made me hungry for those tasty food.

Well, the last time (a year ago) I made a lot of pancakes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,265 Posts
    So I made another omelette today. I pretty much improved on the things that went wrong the first time. Added another egg, got nearly enough now. I'll try 4 the next time, although I need new eggs. I got the shape a lot better, it had a nice pattern and texture on it, which I got by going from side to side with my fork on it, then turning the pan to fill it up. It creates nice big circles on the omelette, which is good. Filled it with a single cherry tomato, chopped up and some Gouda cheese.

It was really nice, though I forgot to take a picture until I was halfway through, at which point I just ignored it and continued eating, because it tasted nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #709
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    Similar to everything i ever post, here's some cut-up chicken thighs and pork loin chops covered in olive oil and berbere (From spicesinc.com, a great place for mail order spices for anyone interested. They're pretty friendly, on my 3rd-5th orders they gave me a free sample bag of some spices as a way of saying thanks).
    Anyhow, i cooked some veggies in the chicken grease/leftover oil/berbere-tasty good-times.
    Then i threw that shit on some basmati rice. My mouth is on fire, but extremely pleased...
    I should have remembered to buy milk. The Jalapeno's are acting a fool now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

30. Post #710
    September 2009
    326 Posts
    I had liver & onions for lunch

then, I had nigiri sushi for dinner.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts
    Get in my stomach... Ugh I haven't had liver and onions in sooo long :( and sushi!! So succulent. Let me taste you...;-;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,698 Posts
    those cookies look great hookervomit, might give them a go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts
    those cookies look great hookervomit, might give them a go.
    thank you bby; touches your butte. :3:

34. Post #714
    March 2009
    2,445 Posts
    I'm incredibly late to the sausage octopi party, but in my defense, I made this a long ass time ago.

Sausage Octopus 1 by yang.timothy, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Taiwan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,844 Posts

Strawberries and Ovaltine cocoa mix..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    COXXINATOR
    August 2005
    126 Posts
    Beef curry

Used this recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sl...ef_curry_13533 it turned out runnier than I like but tasted very nice. The beer was tasty too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #717
    November 2009
    10,076 Posts
    So far in Culinary School, this is what I've made. I FUCKING BURNED MY CHICKEN. I don't think I'm good enough to be called a chef

AND HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TOURNE A ZUCCHINI?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    Lemon Chicken, Brown Rice, and Asparagus spears with homemade Hollandaise sauce.
    Not too exciting, but I wanted to show my roommates that I could indeed make Hollandaise from scratch.

Also, later we got nice and inebriated and made these creations. Pancake batter with syrup and mini marshmallows, cooked in a muffin tray. We called them 'muffcakes'. They weren't terrible actually. Tasted just like a really sweet pancake muffin should taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #719
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,406 Posts
    fished up an arctic char/charr/loach don't know what you english people call it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

40. Post #720
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Burgers motherfucker!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)