1. Post #5841
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    So I believe I have discovered that ARP head studs are not made for my car unless I contact ARP and have them custom made, which I can't afford.

Fuck, and I looked for like a week. Made calls to ARP too and NOTHING. Oh well, 10.95 a bolt it is then. Also, eBay also has nothing, gol-damn its hard to find parts for my car.

Also also, Honda charges 27 bux a bolt, fuck that and them....
    What car is it, and what engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #5842
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    What car is it, and what engine?
    C27A in an Accord, I think 95-97's only had it?

It's the same motor they put in the 1st gen V6 Legends.

3. Post #5843
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    C27A in an Accord, I think 95-97's only had it?

It's the same motor they put in the 1st gen V6 Legends.
    Call em up again and look for cars with the same engine, maybe you'll get somewhere doing that

Edited:

The fitment should be the same, but keep in mind you're hack-jobbing this together, it may or may not work, remember that.

4. Post #5844
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,318 Posts
    I'd expect that there'd be more information about the Legend since the C series was only in the Accord for 2 years. I pulled up that you order a couple of B18 non vtec/B20 headstud kits and keep a few as left overs.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/head-s....html?p=412688
    http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...8&postcount=45

Some other interesting information.

http://forums.acuralegend.org/gettin....html?p=300500

ARP's instructions from what I remember are to retorque them after 50 miles or something. I've heard a lot of people ignore this but it sounds like it would be a complete bitch since AFIAK those motors are quite fun to take apart.
    Thanks for the info, it's some awesome reference material. But I kinda raged and bought some OEM head bolts at 10.97 a pop. Far cheaper then what honda sells them for. And ARP would kill my wallet at this time...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5845
    December 2011
    2,010 Posts
    Getting a Norwegian flag for the roof, stripes for the bonnet, and some minor trim bits.
    I don't know why you're doing it, but I love it

I guess lowering it would make it a little bit cooler, but at the end of the day, it's still a mini.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #5846
    May 2008
    1,318 Posts
    Call em up again and look for cars with the same engine, maybe you'll get somewhere doing that

Edited:

The fitment should be the same, but keep in mind you're hack-jobbing this together, it may or may not work, remember that.
    I would've done that from the start, but I'm afraid that something might go wrong that I'm not currently equipped to deal with at this time.

7. Post #5847
    July 2011
    1,287 Posts
    oh no...

shit I did it again...

gearbox, where are youuuu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #5848
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    8,984 Posts
    You know, I used to think the MkIII was ugly, but It's actually grown on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #5849
    October 2008
    2,572 Posts
    Ordered my transmission filter ($23) and tint samples to tint my blue high beam dash light ($3)
    Did more work on my center console piece, fixed my rear hatch trim that had a big crack in it. The fix doesnt look too good, but its better than it was. Worked on my hatch rattle, I think i know the cause and how to fix it. Ive done a temporary fix for now using electrical tape.

Edit;
    No ones posted, figured id just add to my old post.
    Two of my windows had paint overspray on them from my cars first repaint, most of the windows had a thin film of green. I used neverdull to melt it off and clean it.
    Since im partially colorblind, i honestly couldnt see the overspray. I could only feel it and if i looked right, i could see specs. But now, i can tell that the windows do look better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #5850
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneck™
    December 2009
    7,034 Posts
    Mini's still scare the frigg out of me after this video

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #5851
    November 2009
    7,880 Posts
    Mini's still scare the frigg out of me after this video

Well, these guys are idiots. You hear the crumbly noise at the beginning? That's gravel. You can see it, even, on the road. Hard-packed, sure, but still unstable. They were going... Fairly fast by the look of things, that's why they spun out. That lateral motion was then turned into rotation when they hit the ditch. I've seen Tauruses and similar do the same thing.

The solution, then, is don't drive fast on gravel. That should be self-explanatory. However, if you'll notice, the car held up pretty well, aside from everything being broken to pieces. The roof didn't cave in, so it can at least support the weight of the car plus passengers. The fact these guys were able to walk away from it means that it's a decently safe car, and it did very well at compensating for their stupidity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #5852
    December 2009
    7,034 Posts
    Well, these guys are idiots. You hear the crumbly noise at the beginning? That's gravel. You can see it, even, on the road. Hard-packed, sure, but still unstable. They were going... Fairly fast by the look of things, that's why they spun out. That lateral motion was then turned into rotation when they hit the ditch. I've seen Tauruses and similar do the same thing.

The solution, then, is don't drive fast on gravel. That should be self-explanatory. However, if you'll notice, the car held up pretty well, aside from everything being broken to pieces. The roof didn't cave in, so it can at least support the weight of the car plus passengers. The fact these guys were able to walk away from it means that it's a decently safe car, and it did very well at compensating for their stupidity.
    Oh yeah no doubt. They were even able to fix it and get it driveable so he could take it back to America no problem.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #5853
    November 2009
    7,880 Posts
    Oh yeah no doubt. They were even able to fix it and get it driveable so he could take it back to America no problem.

Dang, that thing's solid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

14. Post #5854
    October 2008
    2,572 Posts
    Bought 4 quarts of Dexron 3 atf. Advanced Auto had it on sale for $3 a quart.
    Plan on changing my power steering fluid with it. A while ago i changed 1 quart of it, my old fluid was pure black
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #5855
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,070 Posts
    Did a little magic on my tail lights.

Now on to get around changing the pig snout exhaust tips...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #5856
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,295 Posts
    Bled my brakes because the pedal got all spongy halfway through autocross yesterday.

It helped a bit, but the pedal is still kind of intermittent. May just be time for a new master cylinder.

17. Post #5857
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    841 Posts
    Added some Rice to my snowmobile.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

18. Post #5858
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Added some Rice to my snowmobile.

That's actually pretty sick!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

19. Post #5859
    December 2009
    7,034 Posts
    I seriously want to get a sled. Are they expensive to register/insure/whatever? I know initial cost for a used one will be about 2-3k but I figure I'd better get one so it's easier to get to parties next winter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #5860
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    8,984 Posts

Damn canadians

21. Post #5861
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    841 Posts
    All depends where you live Deeps. I Paid 5300$ For my Sled last march, and was a good price since it was end of season. Registration Costs me ~$155 and Fire and Theft Costs me ~$175. I also need a "Sno-Pass" to ride on The Public Trails in Manitoba, and its $125 For the season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #5862
    December 2009
    7,034 Posts
    As far as I know the insurance for snowmobiles here is similar to that for cars.

http://www.nysnowmobiler.com/riding-...new-york-state plus this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #5863
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    841 Posts
    The prices are the same here when it comes to Full Coverage but only Third party Liability is Manditory. So I opt for no Collision Coverage (If some fucktard hits me I'll take him to Small claims court and have his Third party Coverage pay it ) and only have Theft/Fire. If i Crash it my self, I'll gladly Suck it up and pay for my fuck up. Rather not have Points on my licence/ insurance go up on my car due to an off road vehicle.

The only thing I DO know about NY state, and most other states (and Provinces here) is that you need god awfully ugly registration numbers on the thing. Luckily here we have small plates instead that go on the tunnel.

24. Post #5864
    May 2008
    1,318 Posts
    So freakin' antsy, my head bolts cant come it fast enough... bah, I can wait.

So seeing as I got the heads shaved/planed theres some particles still on them, any ideas on how to clean em off without, like, hosing them off or something? I could get like 6 cans of carb cleaner or engine degreaser. Maybe a 5 gallon bucket of kerosene?

25. Post #5865
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    8,831 Posts
    Installed speaker wires for rear speakers. All I gotta do now is buy a pair of speakers, make a two holders and then find somewhere to put them.

Oh, I gotta get a newer radio that has separate cables for the rear speakers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

26. Post #5866
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,334 Posts
    what kind of radio doesn't have output for rear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #5867
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    8,831 Posts
    what kind of radio doesn't have output for rear
    A very old one. Cassette player etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

28. Post #5868
    October 2008
    2,572 Posts
    Changed power steering fluid, helped a little.
    Found out why theres a rub sound sometimes when i turn. When my car sits flat and i turn, theres a decent amount of clearence between the tire and mudflap. When my strut expands, ie dropping off a curb, my tire hits on the zip tie i used to hold the inside of the flap in.
    Its a simple fix, just needs to stop raining
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #5869
    July 2011
    1,287 Posts
    somehow my power steering hasnt leaked within 3 months of operation, but managed to leak on the garage floor with 4 month of inoperation.

wtf AN fitting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #5870
    November 2009
    7,880 Posts
    somehow my power steering hasnt leaked within 3 months of operation, but managed to leak on the garage floor with 4 month of inoperation.

wtf AN fitting
    Tell me about it. Mine leaks when I park on a 5 degree incline, only because of the way the hose connects to the reservoir. If I park on a flat surface, no leaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

31. Post #5871
    July 2011
    1,287 Posts

got it a bit late but I will rebuild my transmission tomorrow.

rebuild kit:
    New koyo bearings
    New OEM seals and orings
    New synchros
    Upgrade kit:
    Marlin Crawler bearing retainer plate
    Marlin Crawler 1-2 shift fork
    Marlin Crawler 1st gear thrust washer (YES PLEASE, this is what failed and wrecked havok in my last R154)

I'll be replacing the pilot bearing, clutch thrust bearing and the slave clutch cylinder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #5872
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,295 Posts
    Well, I didn't work on the car today, but I did get my SCCA membership. This plus my ASE certifications officially makes me a petrolhead, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #5873
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,070 Posts
    Well, I didn't work on the car today, but I did get my SCCA membership. This plus my ASE certifications officially makes me a petrolhead, right?
    Does this mean you'll work in a garage later on, thus becoming a thief? Mother of god.

34. Post #5874
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I ordered all 5 motor mounts for my car today, fuck inserts/solid mounts. $185 to my door, Beck/Arnley so they hopefully aren't shit for some reason. OEM mounts are at least $600 for the set..

I had to do a little digging to find the remaining two mounts from Beck/Arnley to complete the set. Apparently the transmission mounts aren't listed on their catalog despite being tagged for the application(#104-1147) which causes most retailers to not list it in theirs. The left upper engine mount is only listed for Civic/Del Sol applications(#104-1195) despite sharing a Honda P/N.

I emailed them about it, I've also found that Amazon stocks the left upper mount for cheaper than RockAuto. The #104-1147 mount is much cheaper if you order it through RockAuto by part number currently though.

Yay things not being easy!

35. Post #5875
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,510 Posts
    goodbye, helper springs

hello, wedging a quarter underneath my frame rails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Spain Show Events

36. Post #5876
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,295 Posts
    Does this mean you'll work in a garage later on, thus becoming a thief? Mother of god.
    Already worked in a garage.

I guess it's time to go out and start hotwiring some shit.

37. Post #5877
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,269 Posts
    Or the ol' screwdriver trick. Had some guy come in with a really beat up truck. Went to start it, couldn't find a key. I ask the guy for the keys, he walks to his car and pulls out a flathead

He was gonna show me and a co-worker how to start a car with a screwdriver, but my manager overheard and just about freaked out

And to add to the thread, today I spent ~40 minutes trying to take a burnt headlight bulb out of an Audi A3. Ended up not being able to get it out, the only other alternative was to disassemble the entire front of the car. Pretty sure I'm gonna wake up tomorrow with dozens of small bruises on my hands tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #5878
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,540 Posts
    And to add to the thread, today I spent ~40 minutes trying to take a burnt headlight bulb out of an Audi A3. Ended up not being able to get it out, the only other alternative was to disassemble the entire front of the car. Pretty sure I'm gonna wake up tomorrow with dozens of small bruises on my hands tomorrow
    Ohh come on its not that hard!

39. Post #5879
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    8,984 Posts
    Ohh come on its not that hard!
    Once you've done it 5-6 times, eh?

40. Post #5880
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,295 Posts
    Or the ol' screwdriver trick. Had some guy come in with a really beat up truck. Went to start it, couldn't find a key. I ask the guy for the keys, he walks to his car and pulls out a flathead

He was gonna show me and a co-worker how to start a car with a screwdriver, but my manager overheard and just about freaked out

Was he gonna jump the starter terminals, or just jam it into a worn-out ignition cylinder?