1. Post #561
    August 2010
    1,173 Posts
    I made them in paintshop?
    hmm, ok then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    August 2011
    10 Posts
    I just had an idea. If you will make missions then you could lock some systems with special stuff in it for beginners, they would need to complete a special mission in order to get a key to that system's jump gate.

3. Post #563
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    I just had an idea. If you will make missions then you could lock some systems with special stuff in it for beginners, they would need to complete a special mission in order to get a key to that system's jump gate.
    That's.... not a bad idea I never thought of it! :O

BTW:

http://www.devinity2.eu/forums/index.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,012 Posts
    Looks really good. Cannot wait for the release.

5. Post #565

March 2011
    0 Posts
    Freakin' hot. Been waiting for its release since last year!

6. Post #566
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Devinity 2 TeamSpeak: 109.123.124.52 or ts.devinity2.eu

BTW:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

7. Post #567
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    784 Posts
    looks nice maw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Working on tiny little thing:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

9. Post #569
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    784 Posts
    wooooooooow sexy

10. Post #570
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,877 Posts
    Working on tiny little thing:

Still fucking amazing, a mini black hole you say?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #571
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    I put up a development diary thread on the forums here: http://www.devinity2.eu/forums/showt...6&pid=69#pid69

Just notifying you all.

12. Post #572
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Well, it looks like Dustpup (Who is also helping me with Old Age 2) is interested in doing some ship models for me. I will provide details once I got some confirmations.

PS: Sorry for not posting here for a long time, but it appears that GMod beta is currently experiencing some problems. The gamemode have already been adjusted to work with the beta, so it's just about applying the features now. :)

13. Post #573
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    PICS of a new ship:

More will come!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    279 Posts
    I had high hopes for this but i just get that gut feeling its all gunna end in drama like sunrise did.

15. Post #575
    November 2007
    10 Posts
    In truth, if drama unfolded, that would mean the admins failed to do their job from stopping it.

16. Post #576
    November 2007
    10 Posts
    This is still a work in progress but I thought I should put it up because it looks cool so far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    August 2010
    1,173 Posts
    This is still a work in progress but I thought I should put it up because it looks cool so far.
    You could probably reduce the detail a bit in some areas where the polys are really dense. You could show the detail there with a texture/bumpmap instead.
    Then again, if this is a station its fine, that detail is necessary because it will be huge. I am just interested in milking out FPS, sorry if it came out bad.

Other than that it looks really epic :D What is it?

18. Post #578
    November 2007
    10 Posts
    I laid it out to be the main space station for Divinity 2. Don't worry I also have fps in mind. I tend to start in the high poly versions then create L.O.D.s after.

19. Post #579
    September 2011
    4 Posts

This could be fun :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #580
    October 2007
    6 Posts
    Any idea when it will be somewhat ready to play? for last 2 weeks ive been trying to remember the name of sunrise "figured it out today" and i find that there are no servers "depression" but i see the devinity 2 is in the works!

21. Post #581
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Any idea when it will be somewhat ready to play? for last 2 weeks ive been trying to remember the name of sunrise "figured it out today" and i find that there are no servers "depression" but i see the devinity 2 is in the works!
    Devinity 2 has been optimized for GMod 13, the very reason why there are no date on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    August 2009
    167 Posts
    I don't know if anyone really cares, but currently it is impossible to register on the Devinity 2 site.

I have tried several times over the past week and a half I believe and it keeps giving an error after you click agree on the "terms of use" page or whatever it's called.

I just thought someone would like to know.

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    118 Posts
    Don't die on me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,112 Posts
    Any progress on this? I remember playing Sunrise and loved it.

25. Post #585
    March 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Any progress on this? I remember playing Sunrise and loved it.
    might as well just wait for Gmod 13, then check back on this

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,498 Posts
    the website changed slightly, with the words devinity 2 will be released soon

27. Post #587
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    You guys do realise I post news and updates every week on the Devinity 2 steam group page right?
    Comment section includes a lot of flash news sometimes.

Now that GMod 13 is out, I am more than motivated to continue the project once more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #588
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    New asteroid models. Fixed the lighting too:

EDIT:
    I'm not sure if I should start dumping news here again. Lets just see what you guys think of this above ingame footage and if you like it I'll dump more shit here for you to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #589
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,877 Posts
    New asteroid models. Fixed the lighting too:

EDIT:
    I'm not sure if I should start dumping news here again. Lets just see what you guys think of this above ingame footage and if you like it I'll dump more shit here for you to watch.
    Yes please, I can't wait for the alpha either

30. Post #590
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    So, I would like to give an up-to-date info on this gamemode.

Firstly, this gamemode was remade several times, because I was experimenting on stuff to see if it was possible to make the map BIGGER and avoid having to hit the invisible walls. Turns out I found the answer, but when GMod 13 Beta arrived, I decided to lay low, due to the mayor changes made during the beta. Example: From umsg to net library.

This new "rebirth" of Devinity 2 offers much more potential than that old shrinking down models to the point where it starts to zigzag. You can make solar systems realistically big and you can use full-scale models. Currently, I kicked most of the people mentioned on the OP out of the team due to some various of reasons and for the time being, there are only 4 team members of this development team.

Developers:
    -The maw (Lead Developer)
    -TheMike (HUD textures)
    -Dustpup_SR (Modeller, textures, professional artist)
    -Stuky (The server hoster and web stuff)

Features:
    -Planet colonization and walking
    -Unlimited map size (18447 trillion units per axis (8 byte number))
    -New HD models and textures
    -Optimized gamemode for stable and smooth gameplay
    -A dynamic gameplay with self-generated solar systems and such to make every system unique.
    -(Incase of too many solar systems -> Blows a random star!)
    -MAYBE - Procedually generated planet textures
    -Station walking
    -Ore mining facilities (Space buildings basically)
    -More focus on things OTHER than mining! (Sunrise players will know!)
    -A nice galaxy map, giving players an overview of the galaxy.
    -MAYBE - Multiple galaxies!
    -100+ slot server!
    -No zigzag movement, due to new mapping methods used.
    -Unlimited entities, due to new mapping methods used

More may come

I will post more information as soon as possible.
    Also, thanks to Durman2008 for being such a nice beta-tester!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #591
    August 2012
    1,055 Posts
    -Unlimited map size (18447 trillion units per axis (8 byte number))
    how

32. Post #592
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Rendering tricks. The short version is basically: "Moving the map instead of moving the player"
    A more detailed explanation of this was posted in the steam group a while ago, if not months.

Using this technique, you will never hit the skybox, because you never move. FACT<-

EDIT:
    I am working on some kind of menu system for the gamemode, which could be used to access things like the Market or such. Still trying to figure out how it should look like, but were getting close!

You can clearly see the improvements from the first few pages of this thread and now! :D!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #593

February 2013
    8 Posts
    Long story short, it'll be worth the wait <3

34. Post #594
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Did I show Facepunch the new saturn ring? This is an old picture, but I felt like it should be on this thread.

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/1606/newsaturnring.png

Also, I might not give a date on when there will be a public test, HOWEVER if you contact me personally over steam, you will probably be able to get in the server.

Instead of giving a date, I will give you a small TODO list before so. It seems easier than time.

TODO:
    -Visualize the inventory system. (It's done but you can't see it.)
    -Weapon slots
    -Public beta.

So you see, there isn't much on the list before there will be a public test. Do note that during the test, there may be some bugs and errors.... That's why its a test gentlemen! (DUUH)

I will upload a video footage of the current stage for people who haven't joined yet tomorrow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,317 Posts
    Did I show Facepunch the new saturn ring? This is an old picture, but I felt like it should be on this thread.

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/1606/newsaturnring.png

Also, I might not give a date on when there will be a public test, HOWEVER if you contact me personally over steam, you will probably be able to get in the server.

Instead of giving a date, I will give you a small TODO list before so. It seems easier than time.

TODO:
    -Visualize the inventory system. (It's done but you can't see it.)
    -Weapon slots
    -Public beta.

So you see, there isn't much on the list before there will be a public test. Do note that during the test, there may be some bugs and errors.... That's why its a test gentlemen! (DUUH)

I will upload a video footage of the current stage for people who haven't joined yet tomorrow!
    Will devinity2.eu be returning any time soon? Or is it under construction? I'll probably be following this project.

36. Post #596
    March 2008
    1,312 Posts
    Will devinity2.eu be returning any time soon? Or is it under construction? I'll probably be following this project.
    Unfortunately, there were some internal conflicts between me and McKay so .eu is dead. But devinity2.com is still running. I need to take a closer look later but gamemode first. I post things in the steam group and I read them everyday.

News and important announcements will pop up at the steam group before anything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #597

January 2013
    2 Posts
    Glad to see this back, I enjoyed it the first few times.

38. Post #598
    RiotServers.net
    July 2011
    762 Posts
    Holy fuck this looks amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    April 2010
    1,277 Posts
    Impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #600
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    looks p cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)