1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,736 Posts
    Original title: "Russian airborne forces invade Fort Carson, Colorado Springs..."

...For the first ever joint Russian-US anti-terror training exercise

http://rt.com/news/russian-american-airborne-drill-923/

For the first time in history, Russian and American airborne forces will hold joint drills in the US. The anti-terror exercises scheduled for May 2012 will get off to a flying start with a tactical landing operation and “terrorist” camp raid.

*“This is the first time such an event is being held,” Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Col. Aleksandr Kucherenko stressed, announcing the plan. “The Russian airborne will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons.”

The drills were arranged by the Russian Airborne Command and a US military delegation in Moscow last December.

Russian soldiers will receive preparatory training in Colorado’s Fort Carson with the US weaponry and equipment they are to use during the operation. The drills include parachuting, operation planning, reconnaissance, assault operations and evacuations by helicopter.

“According to the exercise scenario, soldiers of the two countries will hold a tactical airborne operation, including reconnaissance of an imaginary terrorists' camp and a raid,” Colonel Kucherenko revealed.

The drills will take place between May 24 and 31. But it’s not all work: on May 27, the Russian paratroopers will get a chance to unwind at a baseball game in Colorado Springs.
    GRAB YER GUNS COLORADO

Seriously though, its nice to see the Russian and US forces working together in training, says good things about the relations with our former adversaries IMO.

(User was banned for this post ("Hilarious thread title." - Gun "No fun allowed" Fox))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 68Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2010
    3,946 Posts
    That Title. seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

3. Post #3
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,880 Posts
    Oh come on. You even meant to make the title misleading.

4. Post #4
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,971 Posts
    Dat title.

5. Post #5
    Title.
    Well if you'll excuse me I'll have to go tell something else to stop attacking now.
    It's my heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Sensationalist Headlines

look at that smug look on OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,963 Posts
    The drills will take place between May 24 and 31. But it’s not all work: on May 27, the Russian paratroopers will get a chance to unwind at a baseball game in Colorado Springs.
    That's nice.

Edited:

Sensationalist Headlines

look at that smug look on OP
    I FUCKING LOVE

COLORADO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,754 Posts
    That title....

Anyway I'm glad to see the American-Russian relations are starting to become a little more comfy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

10. Post #10
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,548 Posts
    Making me fix your thread title. *grumble grumble*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I live about an hour away from Colorado Springs, I should try and see if I can find which baseball game they'll be at I know Russian too, so I can talk to them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2011
    45 Posts
    They flew from the Buckley air force base to Colorado Springs, while shaking the entire neighborhood i live in with sonic booms from the jets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2008
    1,246 Posts
    What was the original title that everyone was getting worked up about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    Imagine 30-40 years ago, during the cold war. People would never think of this happening

It's literally the first line in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,227 Posts
    -snip jesus christ it's the first line of the op-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,173 Posts
    This is like 20 miles away from where I live.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,382 Posts
    Makes sense. They're fighting Islamofacists in Chechnya and we're fighting Islamofacists in Afghanistan. Why train together in order to fight the same enemy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    6,557 Posts
    Its really nice to see 2 different countries that pretty much were hostile towards eachother about 20-25 years ago now joint together
    It makes me feel worm inside for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,529 Posts
    It makes me feel worm inside for some reason
    You should get that checked bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,578 Posts
    Well, while commies are evil, they wouldn't shoot up a school.
    It would basically be a "We come in peace, to save you from the capitalist oppression" kind of occupation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #21
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,290 Posts
    It would basically be a "We come in peace, to save you from the capitalist oppression" kind of occupation.
    Are you implying that the soviets always were giving flowers and not screwing up other nations with there ideology ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,073 Posts
    Dude, Red Dawn is my favorite documentary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,290 Posts
    Dude, Red Dawn is my favorite documentary.
    -snip-

24. Post #24
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Makes sense. They're fighting Islamofacists in Chechnya and we're fighting Islamofacists in Afghanistan. Why train together in order to fight the same enemy?
    Yes, 'facists'. Even if you had managed to spell that correctly, I don't think that's a real ideology.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,265 Posts
    Are you implying that the soviets always were giving flowers and not screwing up other nations with there ideology ?
    i don't see how that could be assumed from his post
    it's pretty obvious what he was implying
    if soviets ever did actually invade the US, there'd be less "kill everyone" and more "subjugate the public with clever usage of propaganda"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Evil soviets

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,430 Posts
    My town rules for shit like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Former 101st AB Infantryman
    Dennab
    March 2012
    536 Posts
    Me and my brigade just got back from training at Fort Carson a few weeks ago..I wouldn't be surprised if another brigade from the 101st was the U.S. unit they were talking about.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,227 Posts
    I agree to a degree. It's like that instance during the "Blue House Assault", where the North Korean soldiers attempted to teach the two children about communism instead of just outright killing them.

Winning the hearts and minds are the biggest part of any occupation, and you don't go getting those by shooting up schools.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,355 Posts
    Oh man even with the changed title it still took me a while to figure it out.
    Nice to see they're working together.

31. Post #31
    Actually, a World in Conflict style invasion would probably be the most accurate example of communism invading America. I really wished they make a movie on it. The movie would had been excellent.

32. Post #32

December 2011
    606 Posts
    Thread music:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,548 Posts
    Actually, a World in Conflict style invasion would probably be the most accurate example of communism invading America. I really wished they make a movie on it. The movie would had been excellent.
    There really isn't an accurate portrayal of Communism invading America.

Either it is simply a full on attack where they slaughter civilians using air strikes and armored vehicles, or they have no hope. Can't control such a heavily armed population. Resistance pockets would be near constant.

In the case of World in Conflict, the cargo ships would have been detected loooong before they arrived and been noted as being out of the ordinary. We have an extensive network of buoys dedicated to listening for ships and submarines for just such an occasion. Not to mention patrol aircraft.

Invading the US is really pretty much a non-starter. Better to just enjoy entertaining fiction than quibble too much about the details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,192 Posts
    Goddamnit, the title had me thinking the Russians were gonna fly over with their Flankers and Berkuts and shit to play with our F-22s.

35. Post #35
    Former 101st AB Infantryman
    Dennab
    March 2012
    536 Posts
    Goddamnit, the title had me thinking the Russians were gonna fly over with their Flankers and Berkuts and shit to play with our F-22s.
    The Raptors would get owned just fyi lol...also: INB4 "but the raptor is the best3st plane evar111!!!11!!"

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,740 Posts
    The Raptors would get owned just fyi lol...also: INB4 "but the raptor is the best3st plane evar111!!!11!!"
    The Russian fighters would be flying over American soil. Besides the fact the the F-22 is actually a superb air-superiority fighter, we would also have SAM support and other AAA to use against them.

Edited:

Also the SU-35 Flanker is non-stealthy, it would never see the F-22 before it's killed. And the SU-47 Berkut is only a prototype. Also non-stealthy. The Berkut is just Russia waving it's e-dick. It's nothing but a demonstration platform.

Edited:

In summary, the Raptor actually is the best fighter aircraft in the world today.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,189 Posts
    I love how this thread tumbled into a discussion of the opposite of what it's about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)