1. Post #1601
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,595 Posts
    Anyone got Age of Empires online?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #1602
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Why are you defending this whole thing so hard?

Case in point, you say there were like 20 xboxs to go out nationwide? That was one of the fucking selling points of the "sale" that got people down to the stores at opening time.

Perfectly fair to fling shit at DS for this.
    Seeing loads of uninformed posts is quite annoying.

Nothing was advertised as specifically being on sale.

Fling shit if you want, but it makes you look silly if you make untrue claims.

3. Post #1603
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,100 Posts
    Ain't my fault if you didn't see DS's statements prior to the sale. Uninformed is the word aight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    762 Posts
    Nothing was advertised as specifically being on sale.
    Dick Smith can't put this on their site and then say that its not a sale.

5. Post #1605
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Dick Smith can't put this on their site and then say that its not a sale.
    Nothing specifically you dolt. There were things on sale yes, but they differed from store to store due to availability.

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    Nothing specifically you dolt. There were things on sale yes, but they differed from store to store due to availability.
    It still suggests that some games would be on sale.

Anyway stop defending the company. It's not like you own it. I wouldn't even defend Coles this much.

7. Post #1607
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    It still suggests that some games would be on sale.
    There were tons on sale.

Anyway stop defending the company. It's not like you own it. I wouldn't even defend Coles this much.
    Seeing as I spend a large majority of my time there and ensure the best happens at my local, I'll defend it as much as I want.

8. Post #1608
    eh mate anyone want to go for a barbie eh eh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1609
    Prime Minister of Australia
    June 2008
    7,132 Posts
    get mad bro

10. Post #1610
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    get mad bro

11. Post #1611
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    eh mate anyone want to go for a barbie eh eh
    Facepunch Australia Melbourne BBQ.
    Interesting idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #1612
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,595 Posts
    deja vu

13. Post #1613
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    deja vu
    I said interesting. I ain't gonna do it.

14. Post #1614
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,979 Posts
    Someone posted the price list on the Dick Smith fan page, asked if it was real, then mentioned he wouldn't mind buying a $100 Xbox.
    Instead of replying "Some of those prices are real, but they do not apply to all of the stock across Australia. This is predominately a staff sale, so they will get the first preference. But feel free to come down and see if there is any of these amazing deals left."

No they went straight into "It's absolutely true! Everybody come on down." The only hint of anything is when they said 'stocks are limited' which can mean any number of things.

Now they have issued a few statements, all of which apologize that people didn't manage the find the games they wanted. That's not why people are angry. It's because they were misleading with the sale and wasted everyone's time when a majority of the things were full price anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

15. Post #1615
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,278 Posts
    Saw Tony Bennet and his daughter live in Melbourne last night.

I'm in a bullet-proof cloud of happy right now..

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    So are Dick Smith's getting out of gaming or was it just a sale thing in the end?

17. Post #1617
    bye
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,081 Posts
    who cares

retail games are OP as they are

DS is an awful retailer

can't manage their shit for a joke, their PR dept needs to be burned at the stake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    So are Dick Smith's getting out of gaming or was it just a sale thing in the end?
    They keep saying that they're not.

19. Post #1619
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,330 Posts
    Apparently it was just a sales thing yeah.
    Just went to check their store to see if some games are still on sale, nothing is on sale (Even the ones advertised as on sale), but the PC shelf is empty save for World of Warcraft/s.

20. Post #1620
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,278 Posts
    Apparently it was just a sales thing yeah.
    Just went to check their store to see if some games are still on sale, nothing is on sale (Even the ones advertised as on sale), but the PC shelf is empty save for World of Warcraft/s.
    I was surprised, Diabolo 2 is almost 12 years old, yet they still charge $50 for it everywhere.

Blizzard...

21. Post #1621
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,330 Posts
    It surprises me it's still THAT popular to sell at that price, but otherwise yeah.

22. Post #1622
    January 2008
    1,307 Posts
    So how's it going?

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,684 Posts
    God, my nuclear physics lecturer is a right cunt. She's marked me down for using a logarithmic graph instead of a linear one even though the reasoning is entirely subjective.

24. Post #1624
    April 2005
    9,595 Posts
    so many posts. we need more dick smiths to motivate us to post in here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1625
    July 2010
    5,036 Posts
    Fuck the CityRail timetable

Had an exam today and because I could leave straight after it I was able to catch the train I usually catch every Thursday (that day I finish earlier than other days), it's supposed gets to the trainstation at 3:15 and my exam finished at 3:05. Only five minute walk, plenty of time to get there. But no! The train that is usually five minutes late (yes usally get's there at 3:20) is now five minutes fucking early. Turning the street to the trainstation it's already there, sprint as fast fast as I fucking can 50m down the road to the trainstation and just as I get there the cunt leaves. Had to wait till 3:40 for the next one.

As well as catching the train home, I catch a bus as well and I get on the bus at the bus stop outside of the train station I get off at. The bus comes ten minutes to the hour every hour, and that cunt is fucking early as well (which is why I really wanted to get the train before the one I got in case this happened). So I have a walk around town a bit and end up catching the 4:50 home. Get home at 5:15. Fuck public transport. If I had a car, I'd probably be home by around 3:35 or so (going for P's later this month at least).

26. Post #1626
    April 2011
    941 Posts
    I will never go to Australia. Killer spiders, great white sharks, EVIL FUCKING KOALAS THAT TEAR YOUR NOSE OFF, Scorpions and more. People are also mental. 24 hour flight, killer animals and they go camping. If I go all that way I want a spider proof room and some bug spray. Earth is a rock. Spiders like being under rocks. They are trying to hide under the Earth. Also how is Australia warm. You can practicably see Antarctica. Either way,
    Never
    Going
    To
    Fucking
    Scary
    Weird
    Australia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1627
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    I've had a read through a couple of your posts and have decided it's best if I ignore you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #1628
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,613 Posts
    I love the spiders in Australia, their webs are so amazing :3

29. Post #1629
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    I like spiders in general
    as long as they aren't near my place of sleeping, or obviously poisonous, we cool.

Edited:

Fuck the CityRail timetable

Had an exam today and because I could leave straight after it I was able to catch the train I usually catch every Thursday (that day I finish earlier than other days), it's supposed gets to the trainstation at 3:15 and my exam finished at 3:05. Only five minute walk, plenty of time to get there. But no! The train that is usually five minutes late (yes usally get's there at 3:20) is now five minutes fucking early. Turning the street to the trainstation it's already there, sprint as fast fast as I fucking can 50m down the road to the trainstation and just as I get there the cunt leaves. Had to wait till 3:40 for the next one.

As well as catching the train home, I catch a bus as well and I get on the bus at the bus stop outside of the train station I get off at. The bus comes ten minutes to the hour every hour, and that cunt is fucking early as well (which is why I really wanted to get the train before the one I got in case this happened). So I have a walk around town a bit and end up catching the 4:50 home. Get home at 5:15. Fuck public transport. If I had a car, I'd probably be home by around 3:35 or so (going for P's later this month at least).
    Exams this early?

30. Post #1630
    July 2010
    5,036 Posts
    Exams this early?
    HSC midyears.

Edited:

I will never go to Australia. Killer spiders, great white sharks, EVIL FUCKING KOALAS THAT TEAR YOUR NOSE OFF, Scorpions and more. People are also mental. 24 hour flight, killer animals and they go camping. If I go all that way I want a spider proof room and some bug spray. Earth is a rock. Spiders like being under rocks. They are trying to hide under the Earth. Also how is Australia warm. You can practicably see Antarctica. Either way,
    Never
    Going
    To
    Fucking
    Scary
    Weird
    Australia.
    Pussy cunt

31. Post #1631
    April 2005
    9,595 Posts
    I thought cityrail was meant to be good (at least compared to Metro)

32. Post #1632
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Metro here sucks too
    Providers got changed
    now busses are late all the time, and the timetables changed
    everyone in adelaide complains about it, the company is getting sued

33. Post #1633
    erryday i'm hustlin
    April 2010
    1,032 Posts
    You guys should count yourselves lucky you have City rail and Metro. In Darwin there's busses and only busses, they're always late and they always smell (reek) of that classic, timeless mix of aboriginal B.O and spilt jack.

One time I sat down in a sweat patch. Worst day of my life.

34. Post #1634
    April 2005
    9,595 Posts
    hahaha

I'm surprised sometimes that Darwin even has the internet, love the NT though

35. Post #1635
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,555 Posts
    I turned 18 an hour ago

I don't feel any different

Damn bottle-o's closed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

36. Post #1636
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    prepare to feel nothing

Edited:

i suggest you get together with a bunch of your friends and just hang out with them
    i didn't do anything for my 18th last year and i regret nothing
    although i think i might just go out with five mates or something this year
    may as well y'know

37. Post #1637
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,555 Posts
    prepare to feel nothing

Edited:

i suggest you get together with a bunch of your friends and just hang out with them
    i didn't do anything for my 18th last year and i regret nothing
    although i think i might just go out with five mates or something this year
    may as well y'know
    Minor problem with that

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #1638
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    i find it really hard to believe you have no friends at all
    if that is true though you lead a very sad and pathetic life and i feel sorry for you

39. Post #1639
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,383 Posts
    Fuck transperth, I got on a bus that said It was going to fremantle station, but instead it went to baywater!?, Turns out that the bus was supposed to say it was changing routes but the bus driver was too lazy to switch the sign to say it had switched.... Transperth bus drivers are such cunts.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,555 Posts
    i find it really hard to believe you have no friends at all
    if you really have no friends at all you lead a very sad and pathetic life
    when I moved here I didn't need to go to school so that vane of opportunity was gone, i didn't get a job for 6 months, I don't make enough from my job to go out and meet people, some of my coworkers are pretty cool dudes but no one I would hang out with etc etc pity party

I'm not a sperglord aspie neckbeard it's just im too lazy to make the effort + haven't had a whole lot of opportunities

I don't really even have a reason to leave the house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)