1. Post #361

December 2011
    18 Posts
    Hit F2, which opens your inventory. Aim at someone and right-click the Zipties in your inventory and then 'Use' from the resulting menu.
    Equip the zipties and hold left click to tie and hold right click to untie.
    Neither worked. :L Am i supposed to spawn the zipties from the weapons menu? Or something else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Neither worked. :L Am i supposed to spawn the zipties from the weapons menu? Or something else?
    rp_admin createitem weapon_zipties

3. Post #363
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    800 Posts
    Half of Breen's body is showing and half of the citizen's model is showing.
    Help?

4. Post #364
    July 2008
    494 Posts
    extract the content/ folder to the root garrysmod/ folder.

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    78 Posts
    Couldn't actually read all 10 pages, but I must ask if there is a weapons system? I also noticed a clothing option, has anybody implemented kevlar vests (if not already present)? You can definitely RP without them, but I have always liked the presence of some sort of law enforcement.

I could always add one somehow, but it would be much neater if it was implemented already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

6. Post #366
    November 2007
    21 Posts
    Couldn't actually read all 10 pages, but I must ask if there is a weapons system? I also noticed a clothing option, has anybody implemented kevlar vests (if not already present)? You can definitely RP without them, but I have always liked the presence of some sort of law enforcement.

I could always add one somehow, but it would be much neater if it was implemented already.
    There's a system that implements sweps nicely, and yes, there is something similar to a Kevlar system. I don't believe it manipulates the actual hitbox of a player, only damage taken.

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    78 Posts
    There's a system that implements sweps nicely, and yes, there is something similar to a Kevlar system. I don't believe it manipulates the actual hitbox of a player, only damage taken.
    I'll take a look, I won't lie about being relatively inexperienced with Lua, but I could run it on my 16 slot server for the giggles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

8. Post #368

May 2011
    11 Posts
    If I make a faction with custom clothing items, that have custom models in them, and then try and test it by making a character that is in this faction and spawning, I get these errors and then nothing spawns for the character, not even the weapons.

Attempting to precache model, but model name is NULL
    Attempting to precache model, but model name is NULL
    Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!

I'm going to need some help.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the clothing works fine if I spawn it.

9. Post #369
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Giving up on working for Tiramisu 2.

Why? Because I feel I've wasted my time on this and I don't wanna do it further. If Matt feels like going on, so be it.

Literally, stop asking me about it. This is over for me, it's been a good run, a good time developing this but I simply do not enjoy GMod RP anymore so it is entirely without purpose for me to continue working on something I simply do not have the will or need to do so anymore.

Don't contact me over Tiramisu 2 anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly x 5Agree x 2Funny x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,415 Posts
    I feel the same about RP on Gmod.

Thanks for the hard work you put in to tiramisu2, it truely is beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,537 Posts
    Giving up on working for Tiramisu 2.

Why? Because I feel I've wasted my time on this and I don't wanna do it further. If Matt feels like going on, so be it.

Literally, stop asking me about it. This is over for me, it's been a good run, a good time developing this but I simply do not enjoy GMod RP anymore so it is entirely without purpose for me to continue working on something I simply do not have the will or need to do so anymore.

Don't contact me over Tiramisu 2 anymore.
    respect

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    What the fuck, way to tell me before going drama queen on me and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #373

May 2011
    11 Posts
    I think my question just made someone rage quit.

14. Post #374
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,537 Posts
    I think my question just made someone rage quit.
    those errors are irrelevant pretty sure.

15. Post #375

May 2011
    11 Posts
    those errors are irrelevant pretty sure.
    It happens every single time I spawn with the character that has the faction. It doesn't register. I have no idea what's going on, maybe it's because of the animation system? I just want it to be able to spawn all of my things.

16. Post #376
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    What the fuck, way to tell me before going drama queen on me and shit.
    Matt, don't even get me started. You can talk to me on Steam if you really want to hear my full answer regarding this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events

17. Post #377
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,415 Posts
    It makes sense, wanting to quit and all. A project that should've been received with huge success considering the build up must have been a huge let down for you. It happens with a lot of people. LEETNOOB has had the issue with a few of his gamemodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #378
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    The problem is that a lot of people haven't even even been willing to give Tiramisu 2 a chance. Some of the people that claim to hate it hasn't even checked it out, because they think it's just like its previous version.

This gamemode has been revolutionary in many ways, and it deserved WAY more attention than it got. Instead we're stuck with kids that only limit themselves to OA because they're either too lazy or too stubborn to try something new for once. I for one tip my hat off to FNox for working on Tiramisu for several years, and for contributing something great to the community.

Hopefully this won't mean the end of the Tiramisu era.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #379

April 2010
    81 Posts
    Half of those servers in the OP is dead already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    Might also have something to do with the fact that for the most part, roleplaying in Gmod simply does not work very well, mostly because the community is pretty much shit.

I've pretty much only been on one garrysmod roleplaying server i actually considered good, and it was a private one.
    And unfortunately it fell apart only two, maybe three months after it started because that, well thinking back alot of things led to it, so to avoid making this post a giant wall of text, i'll just note that it was mainly because the owner was incredibly paranoid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

21. Post #381
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    the fact that people are ignorant enough to knock tira before even trying it should give you an idea of why it's a good idea to end it here. tiramisu has so much creative capability, but the gmod community isn't ready for it. Right now, owners prefer something more well known, flashier, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #382

May 2011
    11 Posts
    I'm trying to make a community, but it's hard because everyone has given up. Don't you see? You keep complaining about how horrible Garry's Mod roleplay is, but the people who are truly complaining and quitting are the ones not DOING anything. I commend the person who made this, because he truly believes that there's still a chance, and that this script could possibly change some things. That's why I want to use this. There's still hope, because there is still people fighting, trying to get things done.

Don't give up. If you keep on trying, keep on hoping, things will turn out okay. You say the gmod community isn't ready for it? Make it ready for it. That's what I'm trying to do.

But for now, I need help with my damn error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,415 Posts
    Yeah, but it's boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    I'm trying to make a community, but it's hard because everyone has given up. Don't you see? You keep complaining about how horrible Garry's Mod roleplay is, but the people who are truly complaining and quitting are the ones not DOING anything. I commend the person who made this, because he truly believes that there's still a chance, and that this script could possibly change some things. That's why I want to use this. There's still hope, because there is still people fighting, trying to get things done.

Don't give up. If you keep on trying, keep on hoping, things will turn out okay. You say the gmod community isn't ready for it? Make it ready for it. That's what I'm trying to do.

But for now, I need help with my damn error.
    You think I've stopped trying? I've been trying for 3 fucking years to begin with, and it has simply gone downhill from there. It's boring as tits, it's over dramatic and overall very disappointing with way too many people trying to find a package that does fucking everything instead of attempting to set a difference themselves.

I can't change people's mentality, I can't stop the people who go "Tiramisu? Fuck no" without even remotely trying it, without looking at it, without even being sure of what it has. Oh fuck no, it's dead and it's even more dead than it ever was and I'd rather let my competition take it down to the ground instead of me.

I'm into making actual games now, something profitable, since I won nothing tangible out of this endeavor. Won more enemies than friends and more debts than earnings, and that ain't winning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    902 Posts
    Can I get a help here...Physgun nor Tool gun don't spawn in the inventory no matter how many times I give tooltrust or if I make physgun or tool gun into a model to take it just wont work. Also it wont let me use weapons, only wear them. Any fix or explanation?

26. Post #386
    Dennab
    July 2010
    142 Posts
    Can I get a help here...Physgun nor Tool gun don't spawn in the inventory no matter how many times I give tooltrust or if I make physgun or tool gun into a model to take it just wont work. Also it wont let me use weapons, only wear them. Any fix or explanation?
    Most of the things won't take affect until your character respawns. You don't have to kill yourself or anything to respawn, just use the tab menu and go to the character list like you normally do.

27. Post #387

January 2012
    31 Posts
    Damn. I feel saddened that FNox has stopped working on this. I honestly do. :/
    At least he delivered an excellent gamemode, however, I will have to agree with him. Most of the GMod RP community is a disappointment, that I will not deny.
    I only hope that doesn't stop people from using Tiramisu 2, however.

28. Post #388
    May 2008
    822 Posts
    Damn. I feel saddened that FNox has stopped working on this. I honestly do. :/
    At least he delivered an excellent gamemode, however, I will have to agree with him. Most of the GMod RP community is a disappointment, that I will not deny.
    I only hope that doesn't stop people from using Tiramisu 2, however.
    Unfortunately, we'll still need someone to fix it if the community will still use it. Garry's Mod 13 has changed gamemode and addon formats already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    Most of the GMod community in general is a dissapointment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #390
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Unfortunately, we'll still need someone to fix it if the community will still use it. Garry's Mod 13 has changed gamemode and addon formats already.
    I will, in fact this will be kind of the last thing I do for GMod. It would be simply more of a waste to see Tiramisu gone due to the update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #391
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I'd happily use this once I'm aware that the problem with linux servers is corrected.
    I've got a whole dedicated box sat here with space for a server which I'd like to use this on but I'm running ubuntu on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    I'd happily use this once I'm aware that the problem with linux servers is corrected.
    I've got a whole dedicated box sat here with space for a server which I'd like to use this on but I'm running ubuntu on it.
    What problem with linux servers? Mine works just fine.

33. Post #393
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    What problem with linux servers? Mine works just fine.
    Issues with container's when running it on linux, haven't seen anything saying its fixed.

34. Post #394
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Issues with container's when running it on linux, haven't seen anything saying its fixed.
    Have you tried this?

35. Post #395
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Have you tried this?
    Thats only for fixing the missing dlls in the distribution, not the problem with the file system which was reported back on page 5.

36. Post #396
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    I actually lost my Linux VPS, too. So I'm no longer able to really test in Linux anymore. I'll let you know when the GMod 13 version is done so we can fix that Linux thing and I can finally be at peace knowing the project is done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #397
    January 2011
    2,301 Posts
    Sorry things didn't work out dude, I know that terrible feeling when you work on something for hours on end and it wasn't worth it in the end.

I would have played if there were people on, but what can you do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    On my install, when I hit tab I get the sandbox scoreboard, what am I doing wrong? I also get the classic gmod tooltip/hint things that pop up at the side, I assume that's normal? It's like half of the sandbox mode is 'seeping' through and messing stuff up :S.
    I've based my schema off of the 'freeform' one.

Just tried the HL2RP included schema, same thing. D:

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    902 Posts
    How do you change the intro in the beginning to say what you want.

40. Post #400
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    How do you change the intro in the beginning to say what you want.
    schemas/whateveryoursiscalled/plugins/skin/cl_skin.lua

If you're basing it off freeform, it's ~line 27 - 29. I hope you can figure it out from there, otherwise, God save you.