1. Post #4761
    April 2010
    763 Posts
    Most people are probably drawing that from the intro [S] for act 6. But, like someone else said, was probably from Jane's current time.

This also explains a lot. Like how Roxy just happened to know so much about Troll culture. She being from a (supposed) Human colony is probably bombarded with it. And maybe why Dirk likes Jake, probably he feels a connection with him because they both live alone (Jake much longer than Dirk.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4762
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,438 Posts
    um

that would mean it took dirk and roxy years to get to the top of the lab/apartment building

when did we ever see dirk in an unflooded city? we only saw the sky iirc when he was in the shot.
    He built AR three years ago

3. Post #4763
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,889 Posts
    um

that would mean it took dirk and roxy years to get to the top of the lab/apartment building

when did we ever see dirk in an unflooded city? we only saw the sky iirc when he was in the shot.
    i thought we settled that as after he entered the game, hence the isolation of his apartment block from everything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4764
    November 2010
    293 Posts
    But he has not entered the game....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #4765
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,130 Posts
    I find it strange that the Condesce is privy to what happens on Derse even though she's on earth, or vice versa if she's actually on Derse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #4766
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    i thought we settled that as after he entered the game, hence the isolation of his apartment block from everything else
    uh what lmao

no we didnt?? i think ypure the only one who said that

Edited:

He built AR three years ago
    take literally the one thing about the post i didnt question and pretend its the one thing i did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #4767
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    What I gathered from the [S]:

Dirk's city/Roxy's house (now the colony) has been flooded since they were introduced, we haven't seen the outsides of their houses until this flash, and the animation of the condesce taking over / the city flooding was supposed to show the time difference between Jane entering the medium, and the present time for Dirk/Roxy.

Anything glaringly wrong or am I about on track?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #4768
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    yes

dirk and roxy have been communicating to them from the future as well

Edited:

evidence for dirk and roxy still being on earth is the flash showed the world getting flooded, and both dirk and roxy were on the same floodwater

unless their planets both happen to be "the land of water and fucking nothing"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #4769
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    yes

dirk and roxy have been communicating to them from the future as well
    Yeah I thought so.
    So what about Jake? I mean, we see him going down an elevator in the ruins but that's the only thing we see of him in this update. His island is flooded in the present for Dirk/Roxy, but he hasn't entered the medium yet.
    Dangit Hussie, you and your plot twists!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #4770
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,765 Posts
    Yeah I thought so.
    So what about Jake? I mean, we see him going down an elevator in the ruins but that's the only thing we see of him in this update. His island is flooded in the present for Dirk/Roxy, but he hasn't entered the medium yet.
    Dangit Hussie, you and your plot twists!
    I have no idea what happened to Jane but it should still be possible for the other 3 to get into the medium assuming they don't get fucked up by the drones. It is also possible that they won't make it at all and the rest of the story will be spent outside of the game or on Prospit/Derse.

11. Post #4771
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    Well, we see Jane entering the medium, so it's safe to say she made it there okay.
    I have a feeling that when all the kids arrive in the medium, their timelines will be synced up nicely (no three-year discrepancy) due to the nature of paradox space, but that could just be optimistic thinking.

12. Post #4772
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Well, we see Jane entering the medium, so it's safe to say she made it there okay.
    I have a feeling that when all the kids arrive in the medium, their timelines will be synced up nicely (no three-year discrepancy) due to the nature of paradox space, but that could just be optimistic thinking.
    She didn't enter the Medium

Edited:

wait let me recheck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #4773
    July 2007
    863 Posts
    What I think is going to happen is Dirk and Roxy are going to prepare to fight the drones, then the original 4 kids will come in and save the day.

14. Post #4774
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Hm. I have no idea what happened to her.
    Anyway, do want the soon-to-be-released (maybe??) album.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4775
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,296 Posts
    Am I the only one that wants Gcat out of the story already ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,681 Posts
    Jane definitely entered the medium, the same sort of thing happened to Jade's house in her entry flash.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #4777
    January 2009
    3,903 Posts
    Yeah. At Jane time, Jane and Jake are 16. Dirk and Roxy are 13. Dirk makes the autoresponder and brobot and such.
    Jane enters on 11/11/11 with an unprototyped kernelsprite as the Condesce arrives and begins subjugating earth. Jake enters the frog temple and descends.
    Three years later, Earth is flooded and occupied by trolls presumably. Dirk is the only one left in his city. Roxy's home is now part of a massive Skaianet complex in the shape of a chessboard, where carapeople are present. The frog temple is now the home of what seems to be Gl'bgolyb. The Condesce also rules Derse at this point?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4778
    Sexist
    July 2006
    6,941 Posts
    Yeah. At Jane time, Jane and Jake are 16. Dirk and Roxy are 13. Dirk makes the autoresponder and brobot and such.
    Jane enters on 11/11/11 with an unprototyped kernelsprite as the Condesce arrives and begins subjugating earth. Jake enters the frog temple and descends.
    Three years later, Earth is flooded and occupied by trolls presumably. Dirk is the only one left in his city. Roxy's home is now part of a massive Skaianet complex in the shape of a chessboard, where carapeople are present. The frog temple is now the home of what seems to be Gl'bgolyb. The Condesce also rules Derse at this point?
    Well, Derse is not on the same timeline as Earth. Jack killed Jane's dreamself under orders of the Condesce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

19. Post #4779
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    yeah

as far as the incipisphere is concerned, everyone's dreamselves are in sync and are the same age
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #4780
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,196 Posts
    yeah as far as the incipisphere is concerned, everyone's dreamselves are in sync and are the same age
    Which is just more weird time shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

21. Post #4781
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    well we've always known the incipisphere operates on an independant timeline from earth

it just synced their dreamselves to the realselves that would be the same age all around, wherever on earth's timeline that would be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

22. Post #4782
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,796 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #4783
    January 2010
    2,417 Posts
    I really want to know if that blue glow around Jane is relevant, or maybe I'm just wanting it to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #4784
    nope

25. Post #4785
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,428 Posts
    Yeah it's more than likely just to show that she got into the medium and nothing else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #4786
    November 2010
    1,931 Posts
    So I guess Prequel is updating at some point today, according to their website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #4787
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,796 Posts
    So I guess Prequel is updating at some point today, according to their website.
    Today means tommarow in prequel speak...

maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #4788
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
       New to gimp, please forgive the sloppiness.   

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

29. Post #4789
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,987 Posts
       New to gimp, please forgive the sloppiness.   

Just use Paint.net or photoshop. Gimp is for painting and visual effects, not simple image editing. Plus it's ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4790
    May 2007
    2,019 Posts
    Gimp is like photoshop, except terrible. If you need something free, go with paint.net.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4791
    I checked out gimp once

it was about as user friendly as a fucking rubix cube
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #4792
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts

If only this happened

Edited:

If that happened, the session would be FUCKED.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #4793
    <3
    October 2010
    14,118 Posts
    If that happened, the session would be FUCKED.
    And we thought prototyping a first guardian was bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #4794
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,815 Posts
    I checked out gimp once

it was about as user friendly as a fucking rubix cube
    so you're saying that i'll figure it out if i can be assed to learn all the nerd ass algorithms

35. Post #4795
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,616 Posts
    I think little sebastian will be prototyped.

Imps with rabbit ears and anime shades. It sounds so likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #4796
    January 2009
    3,903 Posts
    I use gimp, isn't terribly unruly once you play with the tools to see what they do. Animation's a bitch to do though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #4797
    August 2010
    1,520 Posts
    I use gimp, isn't terribly unruly once you play with the tools to see what they do. Animation's a bitch to do though.
    I just use it to make my avatars.

Also, has HB won a fight yet? At all? Ever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #4798
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,987 Posts

Oh. God. Yes.

Edited:

Radiation never ceases to be funny.

(Source)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

39. Post #4799
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,616 Posts

Yes. Hell yes.

Hell fucking yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4800
    June 2010
    4,754 Posts
    I just use it to make my avatars.

Also, has HB won a fight yet? At all? Ever?
    He ate Eggs, for one thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)