1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    I just had a slice of pizza with Parmesan cheese, mustard, and salsa. Why? Well, I like all those items separately, so why not try them together?
    But this got me thinking. There are other foods that normally don't sound right together that actually taste fantastic.

Another example would be french fries dipped in a milk-shake. Someone else told me about it and I thought it was strange until I tried it. The salty fries are a great contrast to the sweet shake.

Also, I think this might be a fast-threads topic, but the members that frequent Fast Threads tend to be much less mature than the ones in GD. I mean look at Fast Threads... 99 percent of the threads are "Will you have sex with the above persons socks" or some thing dumb like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 70Agree x 7Informative x 3Winner x 2Late x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,701 Posts
    Sherbet Ice-Cream and Salt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    Hotdogs and taco sauce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree x 51Informative x 5Funny x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2008
    594 Posts
    Another example would be french fries dipped in a milk-shake. Someone else told me about it and I thought it was strange until I tried it. The salty fries are a great contrast to the sweet shake.
    Oh wow, I read the thread title and immediately thought of this. Whenever I get food from Wendys, I always dip the fries in a frosty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 76Informative Informative x 9Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2009
    1,604 Posts
    Bacon and Vanilla Iced Cream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,524 Posts
    Another example would be french fries dipped in a milk-shake.
    I love this. If you're in California, go to an In-N-Out burger to do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 49Informative Informative x 5Useful Useful x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    <3 Strike Witches <3
    May 2008
    14,424 Posts
    Anything with seven different kinds of hot sauce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2010
    736 Posts
    Scrambled eggs and hot sauce. No lie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 81Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    Ketchup and Eggs. Fucking delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 173Disagree x 52Late x 3Dumb x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    329 Posts
    Peanut Butter, Banana and Cheese Sandwich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    Ramen

Minus water, plus sugar

Smash it

Jizz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Informative x 14Disagree x 5Dumb x 2Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    2,865 Posts
    Scrambled eggs and hot sauce. No lie.
    This is how I make cafeteria eggs served at universities bearable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2009
    1,901 Posts
    pizza and maple syrup sounds REALLY good, i know...

... BUT IT'S NOT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 209Informative x 3Agree x 2Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,457 Posts
    Cow dicks and pepper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny x 100Agree x 11Optimistic x 4Dumb x 2Artistic x 2Informative x 2Zing x 1Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,801 Posts
    Pizza with pineapple and ham.
    Everyone seems to think it's exotic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 80Funny x 15Disagree x 14Dumb x 5Winner x 2Informative x 2Late x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2010
    225 Posts
    Ritz Crackers + Chocolate Pudding

It's jizztastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    February 2010
    321 Posts
    Blood pudding + Mild Curry sauce
    Icecream + Dutch salted licorice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    Celery and peanut butter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree x 45Disagree x 4Funny x 4Dumb x 2Winner x 1Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,680 Posts
    -sandwich composed of toasted bread w/ maple syrup and frosted flakes as the filling

-maple fries: standard fries from the freezer that you'd normally cook in the oven, instead cook them in a pan on the stove with some maple syrup (and butter for lube)

^ both discovered when my friends and I were hammered drunk and mostly out of food when we went to my buddy's cabin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
    Peanut Butter, Banana and Cheese Sandwich.
    And deep fry that sucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,656 Posts
    Anything with Mint Sauce.

Mint Jelly sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,471 Posts
    curry rice with cheese
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,667 Posts
    +

Its fucking epic guys go try it now with any cheese, preferably the tasty sharp kind, not the soft kind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree x 35Disagree x 6Informative x 2Useful x 1Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    Chocolate Chilli Chicken. I'm led to believe that it's not that popular in Australia but it's fucking incredible.
    Also my mate has theorized that any two foods that are good separately are certain to be good together and after months and months I'm yet to prove him wrong. Ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    6,457 Posts
    Toasted pound cake and bacon sandwich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    16,098 Posts
    peanut butter pizza with bacon

it's fucking delicious beyond belief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Edi
    August 2009
    493 Posts
    +
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2008
    832 Posts
    Yoghurt + sausage.
    Great combination even though many seem to dislike it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,404 Posts
    Cheese and chocolate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

November 2009
    347 Posts
    A sauce made with half syrup and half tomato sauce/ketchup. Goes great with pork.

31. Post #31
    June 2008
    872 Posts
    Similar to French Fries with Milkshakes (which is undeniably godly) I decided to try dipping a regular old burger into my milkshake one time and it was surprisingly good tasting although I prefer fries.

Also at wendy's I always get the 5 nuggets and dip them in my frosty as well as my fries.
    Good stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2009
    8,524 Posts
    sperm and salty chips
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic x 39Informative x 6Agree x 6Funny x 5Friendly x 2Winner x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    BELIEBER
    Dennab
    September 2008
    2,546 Posts
    Peanut Butter and Dill Pickle Sandwich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    1,780 Posts
    Ketchup + Mayonnaise = oh god yes
    I've only recently heard of this combo, and use it every time I get fast-food. (Which is rarely.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,038 Posts
    Ketchup and Mayo is called Fry Sauce.

and its damn tasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    Cock sauce and Mayo.

Edited:

Also, dinner rolls and ketchup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 18Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,153 Posts
    hard pretzels and chocolate ice cream
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,221 Posts
    Sausages and Syrup is fucking amazing.

Happened upon this eating breakfast a long time ago and was amazed by the flavor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

39. Post #39
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    37,750 Posts
    carrots and barbecue sauce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    750 Posts
    Celery and peanut butter.
    I thought that was a pretty common combination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 47Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)