1. Post #1
    November 2009
    75 Posts

If you don't know, what Sleep'n'Wake does, then watch the video of the original STool first:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEJJcQdgK4w
    (NOTE: In that video, the original Sleep’n’Wake STool has been used. It only shows, what the 'Sleep' activity does. ADV Sleep’n’Wake hasn't been used in that video!)

Also, the description of the original STool describes the Sleep activity as well:
    With this tool you can freeze physic objects. But it's a special kind of freeze, which is also called 'Sleep'.

Sleeping physic objects can't move like frozen objects. But if any force (except gravity) is applied to the object, it moves again.

You can use this tool for example on buildings or posed ragdolls. After that, they keep being frozen until they get hit by a car, a bullet, a bomb or any other forces and collapse or fall on the ground then.

It's an useful tool when you want to film for example a person in a special pose who will get punched soon or a building that collapses after being hit by a missile.
    You can use it just for fun too. Spawn an army of aiming snipers holding weapons and set them asleep. Then use a car or any props and play bowling with them. Or watch a self-made bridge collapsing while you are standing on it.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Finally it's done. I've made an advanced version of the original Sleep'n'Wake STool. It has got much more features than its predecessor.

Have you ever got tired of unwelding the whole house first before sleeping it? Have you ever wanted to make any ADV Dupes completely destroyable in only few clicks? Has it ever annoyed you that you can't choose constrained objects quickly? Then this STool is for you.
    It offers you a multi select feature with additional settings and more, such as automatic fire. Now you can set and enjoy big Sleep'n'Wake contraptions in only few clicks.
    Alternative uses for this STool are multi freezing, multi unfreezing, multi constraint removing and applying freeze to the whole ragdoll with only one click.

Sleep STools are made for people who are bored and need some fun or want to film any destruction.

Create race tracks with destroyable signs and fences, build houses to blow them up, pose ragdolls and kill them or film disaster videos with this STool.

Thank you for all the feedback and downloads of the original Sleep'n'Wake. It motivated me to create an advanced version. Enjoy it.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

You can read the detailed description below the quick description.

<Quick description for lazy people>
    Put the 'ADVSleepnWakeSTool' folder to '...\Steam\steamapps\YOURNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\ addons'.

'Multi-select mode': Enable/Disable multi selecting
    'Include constrained objects': Enable/Disable it
    'Include all objects in radius': Enable/Disable it
    'Radius': Radius for 'Include all objects in radius'
    'Automatic fire': SMG-like setting/selecting.
    'Action': Choose what you want to use.
    'Allow apply-effects': As the label says.
    'Dynamic information': Just have it checked.

NOTE: If you have any questions or issues, THEN READ THE DETAILED DESCRIPTION FIRST!
    </Quick description for lazy people>

Index:
    [LIST=1][*]How to add[*]How to use[*]Requirements[*]Features[*]Known issues[*]FAQ[*]Download[*]DO NOT REUPLOAD THIS![/LIST]__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

1. How to add:
    Put the 'ADVSleepnWakeSTool' folder to '...\Steam\steamapps\YOURNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\ addons'.

2. How to use:
    Primary fire:
    Set/Select the objects.
    Secondary fire:
    Set all selected objects.
    Reload:
    Unselect the objects.

NOTE: The fire's actions vary from the STool's settings. Enable dynamic information to have informed ingame, what each fire will do with the actual settings.
    You can see the dynamic information below the STool's name on the top left of the screen.

Tip: Freeze the stuff that you want to set asleep, first. So unfrozen objects won't apply any force to the other objects, what would have broken the sleep otherwise.

Tip: You can set NPC-bodies asleep, before they fall down to the floor. Just follow the steps:
    [LIST=1][*]Type phys_timescale 0 in console. Physics don't move anymore.[*]Kill the NPC.[*]Set the non-moving body asleep.[*]Type phys_timescale 1 in console. Now the physics move again. The body is still slept.[*]You can freeze the body and pose it then, too.[/LIST]__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

3. Requirements:
    None.

4. Features:
    [LIST][*]Multi-select mode:
    With this feature, you can select each object first, before applying the action to every selected object. This can be disabled too, so you can directly apply the action to the objects.[*]Include constrained objects:
    With this feature enabled, the constrained objects will be included to your selection.
    If you disabled the multi-select mode, then you will apply the action directly to all constrained objects.[*]Include objects in radius:
    Same as constrained objects but only with the objects in the radius.[*]Radius:
    Set the radius for the 'Include objects in radius'.[*]Automatic fire:
    With this feature enabled, the tool autofires for you. You have to hold one of the fire buttons (primary, secondary, reload) only and the STool will repeat "clicking it". Like shooting bullets with the SMG.[*]Five different Actions:
    [LIST][*]Freeze:
    Freeze the objects. So you can use this STool as a multi freezer too.[*]Remove all constraints:
    Remove all constraints of the objects.
    (Useful if you want to set asleep whole buildings that should be completely destroyable.)[*]Remove Weld constraints:
    Remove Weld constraints of the objects.[*]Sleep:
    Set the objects asleep.[*]Wake:
    Wake and unfreeze the objects.[/LIST][*]Allow apply-effects:
    Each action has its own effect on applying. Disable the effects if your PC isn't strong enough or when you are using the automatic fire.[*]All bones:
    All bones of an object will be set in one click. So you don't have to apply the action to each part of for example a ragdoll.[*]Saved colors:
    The old colors of each object will be saved before selecting and reset after unselecting/setting the object. So you don't have to worry about the colors.[*]Compatible with the older version:
    You can run this with the older version. You will find both in the Tool-menu then. (Sleep'n'Wake and Sleep'n'Wake - Advanced)[*]Protected selections:
    Nobody can unselect other's selections until the other one left the server or unselected the objects. If a Mingebag is abusing the protection by keeping everything selected, just kick him. Then you can unselect the objects (easy with multi-select mode + in radius + radius 1000 + autofire + holding reload).[*]Dynamic information:
    With this feature enabled, the information on the top left of the screen changes with your settings.
    For example:
    Multi-select mode, Include constrained/all objects in radius and autofire disabled:
    "Primary: Set aimed object. Secondary: Set all selected objects. Reload: Unselect all."
    Include constrained/all objects in radius, autofire disabled and multi-select mode enabled:
    "Primary: Select/Unselect aimed object. Secondary: Set all selected objects. Reload: Unselect all."
    So it says dynamically what the different fires will do. With this feature disabled, it only shows the universal information.
    It's necessary to fix the still existing SetStage-Bug (see 'Known issues' item 2).[*]Admin console commands (also working as server setting vars!):
    [LIST][*]sv_asnw_msecperthink (0-inf):
    Sets the milliseconds per think. So you can set the autofire speed with it. It's important for servers to slow down the autofire. Otherwise it may cause lags when too many people are using it.
    Ideal for servers is 200. (Default 30)
    You can use it for "disabling the autofire" too. Just set it to very high values like 10000 (10 seconds per action).[*]sv_asnw_alloweffects (true/false/0/1):
    Enable or disable the apply-effects globally. Default true.[*]sv_asnw_alloweffects_autofire (true/false/0/1):
    Enable or disable the apply-effects while autofiring globally. Default true.[/LIST][/LIST]__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

5. Known issues:
    [LIST=1][*]When you use autofire directly to tons of objects with allowed effects, you may get this error:
    "ParticleEmitter: Couldn't make emitter! Too many emitters!
    effects/phys_***/init.lua:16: attempt to index local 'emitter' (a nil value)"
    Solution: sv_asnw_alloweffects(_autofire) false or 'Allow apply-effects' unchecked.[*]After using the ADVSnW tool, the next STool may show #tool_***_* instead of its normal information.
    Reason: It's a sandbox bug Garry hasn't fixed yet.
    Solution: Disable 'Dynamic information' or live with it and switch to another tool and back to refresh the information.[*]After dieing or becoming a ragdoll with RagMod, I can't apply the action to my selection, which I selected before, anymore!
    Solution: Unselect and select the objects again.[/LIST]__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

6. FAQ:
    Q: I can't set my ragdoll/contraption asleep! The sleep always breaks! How can I fix it?
    A: Freeze all constrained/linked parts first. The reason for the broken sleep was a not frozen part/object that pulled the slept ragdoll/contraption.

Q: The tool is too complicated. I only want to set single objects!
    A: Either download the older version or set this STool with those settings:
    Multi-select mode: unchecked
    Include constrained objects: unchecked
    Include all objects in radius: unchecked
    Radius: ignore this
    Automatic fire: unchecked
    Action: Choose Sleep
    Allow apply-effects: checked
    Dynamic information: checked

Q: I have a problem with this STool...
    A: Stop. Read 'Known issues' first. If your problem is not listed there, then contact me in this thread.

Q: I have a question about this STool...
    A: Stop. Read the whole description first. If your question is still not answered, then contact me in this thread.

7. Download:

8.:
    DO NOT REUPLOAD IT ON ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!
    All credits goes to me (JokeSpeaker).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 8Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2010
    1,004 Posts
    :iia:
    Thank you!
    This is really useful in comics and movies, and also for random fun.

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    393 Posts
    ah make unweld tool when prop get damage it unwelds,please :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

February 2010
    5 Posts
    cool, thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111oneone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    ah make unweld tool when prop get damage it unwelds,please :(
    It's the same as this. You only have to remove the Welds before applying the Sleep.

6. Post #6
    November 2008
    2,464 Posts
    Cool, even better than the simple SnW. But also more complicated...

7. Post #7
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    Cool, even better than the simple SnW. But also more complicated...
    Every advantage has its disadvantage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2009
    45 Posts
    Is there a problem with this addon running serverside? I ask because I have installed it onto both my server and my Gmod. While it works for my Gmod, it does not work for the server. Any idea why this could be happening?

And yes, I installed it correctly.

Thank you.

9. Post #9
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    Is there a problem with this addon running serverside? I ask because I have installed it onto both my server and my Gmod. While it works for my Gmod, it does not work for the server. Any idea why this could be happening?
    Well, how doesn't it work? Doesn't it appear in the list, can't you select anything or what is the problem? Does it work sometimes only or has it never worked?
    I've tested it on a Listen Server with friends. We haven't had any problems there.

10. Post #10
    October 2008
    1,234 Posts
    Nice one. :D

11. Post #11
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    I revised the description because it was causing eye cancer. Also killed some grammar mistakes. Yes, English is not my first language, sorry.

12. Post #12
    June 2009
    45 Posts
    Well, how doesn't it work? Doesn't it appear in the list, can't you select anything or what is the problem? Does it work sometimes only or has it never worked?
    I've tested it on a Listen Server with friends. We haven't had any problems there.
    Basically, it does nothing. If you have the addon downloaded clientside, it shows up on the list, but if you click it, nothing happens. If you do not have the addon installed clientside, then you just cant see it. It hasn't worked serverside yet, so I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with it.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,446 Posts
    Sweet, now I can make my giant brick wall that I can crash into.

14. Post #14
    February 2010
    161 Posts
    You sir....

Are a F***ing....

GENIOUS!

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    7,289 Posts
    Thanks. Have to try this out. Thinking mass destruction in bullet time.

16. Post #16
    June 2009
    45 Posts
    Well, disregard my other posts, the addon randomly started working so all is good.

17. Post #17
    February 2010
    10 Posts
    Please Help ,when im using it i get a console spam ,it says:

autorun/E2toolscreen.lua:123: attempt to call upvalue 'ViewModelDrawn' (a nil value)

18. Post #18
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    Please Help ,when im using it i get a console spam ,it says:

autorun/E2toolscreen.lua:123: attempt to call upvalue 'ViewModelDrawn' (a nil value)
    Update your Wiremod.

Well, disregard my other posts, the addon randomly started working so all is good.
    Fine. Did you do anything before it worked?

19. Post #19
    June 2009
    45 Posts
    Fine. Did you do anything before it worked?
    I didn't do anything since it has been installed, but it just randomly works now. Whatever, I'm happy with it. Its a very nice tool, and you have my kudos.

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    10 Posts
    Update your Wiremod.
    Fine ,but what is the latest version?
    I started playing Gmod after a year again because of your addon so i dont know^^

Edit:Oh i found out the message spam me when i use any of my tools ,even Weld!

21. Post #21
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    Fine ,but what is the latest version?
    Use SVN. It has always the latest version.

22. Post #22
    February 2010
    10 Posts
    Use SVN. It has always the latest version.
    Okay i have done it and it works ,the tool works fine too but why cant i see the blue beam of the toolgun
    when you shoot with it ,it works but i cant see the blue toolgun beam...why?

23. Post #23
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    Okay i have done it and it works ,the tool works fine too but why cant i see the blue beam of the toolgun
    when you shoot with it ,it works but i cant see the blue toolgun beam...why?
    It's the STool itself. I could have activated the beam, but I didn't do that because I thought it wasn't that necessary and it required a bit more code for the automatic fire. I will fix that in the next update.

24. Post #24
    February 2010
    10 Posts
    It's the STool itself. I could have activated the beam, but I didn't do that because I thought it wasn't that necessary and it required a bit more code for the automatic fire. I will fix that in the next update.
    ahh good ,i dont know if it shoot the right thing or not at some times ,if you fix this it will be the best addon in my addons folder

25. Post #25
    November 2009
    75 Posts
    i dont know if it shoot the right thing or not at some times
    For that I added the effects. Also, with the multi select mode, you can see what you've selected.

26. Post #26

November 2009
    47 Posts
    Holy crap, I've needed something like this FOREVER.
    Great job man, keep making these great tools.

(time for some mass physics)

27. Post #27

December 2009
    3 Posts
    This is a great tool :D, good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,720 Posts
    Radius selection is not prop protection friendly.