1. Post #1
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    RELATED THREADS
    Gun Reviews

REQUIREMENTS
    - More then 3 images (exceptions follow to smaller peices of gear)
    - Brand name of the gear, We need to know if it's Pantac or Condor (OETech is Condor) and even real deal.
    - Not just a paragraph saying this gear is good buy it. Prove it, Think like your trying to sell it.

You can make a thread for your review or post it here. If you want people to comment on it then i recommend making a thread
    MULTIPLE VARIATIONS OF REVIEWS ARE ACCEPTED! JUST BECAUSE ITS HERE DOESN'T MEAN ITS THE BEST REVIEW EVER!

This thread is spilt into the company that made the gear then what type of gear. Just search a peice of gear you want to buy with the name it goes by. If you can't find it, No facepuncher made a review for it check other sites also. Every once in a while ill scan through the reviews to see if any threads images die.

Condor

Pouches
    Admin Pouch
    EMT Pouch
    Shotgun Shell Pouch
    Triple AK Pouch
    Roll-Up Utility Pouch

Gun Cases
    36" Gun Case
    46" Gun Case

Holsters
    M1911 Ambidextrous Holster

Plate Carriers/Vests
    MOD 0 Vest

Diamond Back Tactical

Plate Carriers/Vests
    RCBV 2

LBT

Plate Carriers/Vests
    1961a Chest Rig

Real Sword

Plate Carriers/Vests
    Chicom Chest Rig
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    Double post much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    OE TECH MOD 0 VEST (with a shitload of pouches reviewed as well.

This is a Molle vest on the cheap, It was the first vest I bought for airsofting, and I love it.
    I will be reviewing ALL the pouches i have on this vest as well.

The Vest:
    One of the cool things about this vest is the top pane can fold down to be more of a "High speed, low drag" kind of loadout, It's nice to fold it down when it's very hot out.

[tab]Unfolded.[/tab]

[tab]Folded.[/tab]

The vest is made of the standard material, and seems to have held up well so far, but it's nothing special. None of the Molle straps have broken yet, and show no signs of breaking anytime soon. The vest adjusts using straps and buckles, which cross on the back.

So far I have been very satisfied with my purchase, I would recommend it to anyone who is starting out and wants a Molle vest.

Pouches

OE TECH Admin Pouch

This is a pretty nice pouch, one of the last ones I bought mostly because I wanted a place to put my Douk-Douk knife and my Allen wrench multi-tool. They both fit perfectly into the Pistol Mag pouch that is sewn into it.

The mag pouch that is on it is fairly large, you might be able to fit a hi-cap pistol mag in there.

The pouch has a zipper on top which lets you access the inside of the pouch which i use to put my phone and wallet while playing.

And yes, that is a TF2 patch on there. (the other one is a spartan medic patch)

Takes up 3x3 molle slots.

OE TECH Triple ak mag pouch.

This was the first pouch i bought for this vest. It can hold 2 AK/G36 Mags in each pouch OR 3 M4 sized mags in each pouch. It's standard, it secures with velcro in the front (there are also some buttons if you want to use them) and your mags go inside.

Takes up 6x4 molle slots.

OE TECH M1911 Ambidextrous molle holster.

This was bought along with my triple mag pouch, and comes with a pistol mag pouch (seen mounted on the side of the holster.) and has a really short retention strap, which I don't use.

At first, I didn't like this pouch because of how tightly it holds the gun, but after using it for awhile it has been broken in and works like a charm. The retention strap which is built in is really shitty though, It's so short i can't bring the gun up to aim when i use it. The mag pouch works really well, wouldn't hold a hicap magazine though.

This holster also holds my WG Sport 7 6" revolver.

Takes up 2x4 molle slots

OE TECH Shotgun shell Molle pouch

Holds 12 shotgun shells tightly with elastic, needed to be broken in at first to hold it's full capacity, but it works well.

It also has a strip of velcro on the front of the pouch for any patches.

Takes up 4x1 molle slots.

OE TECH EMT Pouch

Perfect for anyone playing the medic role, or someone who needs a large utility pouch to hold extra BBs or cans of green gas. The molle straps on the front are made of a thick elastic and are spaced far apart, so don't expect to mount anything other than a pistol mag pouch on here (or other 1x(>4) pouch). Closes with a zipper. Has elastic on the inside to hold various objects.

Takes up 3x3 molle slots

OE TECH Roll-Up utility pouch

Looks pretty tiny right? Looks kinda useless right now.

Oh my what a big sack you have.

This is a great solution for a dump pouch, the top closes with a cord which you can pull tight, and it rolls up for when you aren't using it.

It holds 6 AK mags and 3 M4 mags with room to spare, and has a small patch of velcro on the front for a patch.

Takes up 2x2 molle slots.

Edited:

Double post much?
    This is gear reviews, not gun reviews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Your patch. It is awesome.

I have the same vest in green, its quite nice.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Your patch. It is awesome.
    Thanks, Gabe Newell sent a "Red Fan Kit" to me before they went on sale because I helped organize a guest speaking for him at my friend's game design class at UC Berkley.

6. Post #6
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    I have the same vest in green, its quite nice.
    So do I :buddy:

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Thanks, Gabe Newell sent a "Red Fan Kit" to me before they went on sale because I helped organize a guest speaking for him at my friend's game design class at UC Berkley.
    Did it come with Velcro on it?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Did it come with Velcro on it?
    No, I just bought some adhesive velcro and slapped it on the back.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Real Sword Chi-Com chest rig

This is real swords copy of the stupidly common Chinese AK chest rig, commonly worn by AK-wielding insurgents the world over.

Quality:
    It definitely feels more solid than the real things that float around, but it is roughly double the price of most of the real ones Ive seen (This one cost me 18$). The shoulder straps, though thin, are quite well sewn on, though I feel that thier flimsiness will come back to bite me after extended use. The vest is made of a heavy canvas, with the tabs that hold the mag pouch covers closed being made of wooden beads, like the real thing.

Field use:
    This vest is great for an OpFor loadout, or any super low drag loadout on a budget. I also like it for short scrims, since the low magazine-holding capabilities are not an issue, and it is very light and breathable. The vest itself weighs next to nothing, and is easy to adjust to your personal preferences. Instead of a bucket for the back, it simply ties in a knot, which could be problematic if it gets wet, causing the knot to stick. I also get the sense that if I snagged the mag pouch covers on anything, the string holding them might rip, so be careful

Capacity:

This vest has three front cells specifically designed to hold a single AK mag. It does this job well, the mags fitting perfectly inside, being quite easy to get out. Flanking these cells on both sides are two grenade pouches, which can hold a hand grenade, 2 M203 rounds (Nearly perfectly) or a radio. Flanking the grenade pouches are two small utility pouches, these are good for small radios, multi-tools, claymore wire and detonators, and other various small things.

Overall:
    Its a great vest for an OpFor impression or a very light scrim loadout. Its lower capacity probably isn't as effective for a long, all day OP, but it still serves its purpose as a cheap AK vest designed to keep the user mobile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    555 Posts
    FYI Darksamus, your vest is a replica of the Eagle Industries RRV (Rhodesian Recon Vest)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    FYI Darksamus, your vest is a replica of the Eagle Industries RRV (Rhodesian Recon Vest)
    Ah. I see, i'll have to tell my friend, he has a Rhodesian Assault Vest.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    555 Posts
    I just hate calling my replica gear by its replica name, like the Pantac Force Recon Vest is actually just a CIRAS

13. Post #13
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    I added another subsection to organizing. Instead of just listing every peice of gear its now sorted into what brand then what type of gear it is.

ADDED 1/28/2010

Condor

Pouches
    Admin Pouch
    EMT Pouch
    Shotgun Shell Pouch
    Triple AK Pouch
    Roll-Up Utility Pouch

Holsters

Plate Carriers/Vests
    MOD 0 Vest

Real Sword

Plate Carriers/Vests
    Chicom Chest Rig

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    I added another subsection to organizing. Instead of just listing every peice of gear its now sorted into what brand then what type of gear it is.

ADDED 1/28/2010

Condor

Pouches
    Admin Pouch
    EMT Pouch
    Shotgun Shell Pouch
    Triple AK Pouch
    Roll-Up Utility Pouch

Holsters

Plate Carriers/Vests
    MOD 0 Vest

Real Sword

Plate Carriers/Vests
    Chicom Chest Rig
    Glad to have contributed a shitload.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    I'll add another review tomorrow, of my gun case.

16. Post #16
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    I should review my 46" gun case

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    I should review my 46" gun case
    Holy christ, and I thought my 36" one was pretty long..

Edited:

Nevermind its a 42". Still, holy shit.

18. Post #18
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    Yeah i originally had a M16 and Kar98 and that 46" Was just cutting it. Now i got my VSR10 and My Tri-shotty both basically taking the full length

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Yeah i originally had a M16 and Kar98 and that 46" Was just cutting it. Now i got my VSR10 and My Tri-shotty both basically taking the full length
    Mine holds my Tri-shotty with the stock taken off, and my M4, and my AK74U in a spot just large enough for it in the pistol part of it, but i digress, I should be saving this stuff for my review.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    OE TECH/CONDOR 42" MOLLE gun bag

This is a gun bag, and a great one at that.

First impressions.
    Seems fairly quality, haven't used the molle straps on the sides of the front but everything seems to have held together nicely, lots of pockets and room. It's flat when it's not full, so thats nice.

Practicality.

Pictures speak paragraphs here:

[tab]what the fuck, theres no way hes gonna fit all that stuff in there[/tab]

[tab]woah holy shit he did[/tab]

FYI: That was..
    1x AK74U
    1x JG M4 S-SYSTEM
    1x DE M1014 Long barrel
    9x M4 Magazines
    6x AK Magazines
    7x Shotgun shells
    1x Stick battery
    1x Mini battery
    1x KJW M1911
    1x KJW M1911 Green gas magazine
    1x WG Sport 7 (6" barrel version)

And I had room for a bag of BB's and roughly 2 cans of green gas left over, and that was without putting my mag pouches on the sides of the front to hold the mags.

One thing i do NOT like however is the backpack straps.

[tab]worst thing about this bag, goddamn[/tab]

The mounts for the straps like to slowly come undone when the big is heavy or full, so i always end up putting a sling on the areas where the backpack straps attach to the bag and carrying it that way.

Overall this is a great solution for transporting all your toys to the field, especially since it has room for an AK74U in the pistol compartment and because the insides are all padded it will keep em safe too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    added 1/29/10

Gun Cases
    36" Gun Case

22. Post #22
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    Condor 46" Molle Gunbag

This bag is 46" long created by condor. It's the biggest bag they have on the market currently that i know of. It was 80$ on ASGI when i bought it. The bag comes with 2 straps and multiple selections to put the straps or straps on from the simple head to toe on your back to over your chest or just over your shoulder, The last two being your choice if your not tall enough to walk with it on your back.

This pouch can hold smaller AEG's/AEP's/Pistols or accessoires. The Green velcro straps come with it (4 in this section) to hold the following above. You can fit AKSU's, CQB M4's and slightly bigger guns

This is the pistol compartment section. On this layer you can put your pistol magazines in those holders. But wait that isn't all!

You can put your pistol in a layer closed by velcro underneath this.

The main section everyone buys this bag for (snipers alike). the 46" Main gun compartment. Comes with 4 green velcro straps to hold 2 guns or multiple guns or what ever you can fit into this monster. Covered in molle and side padding around it.

All of this will fit into it, Except the cat. He didn't stay in it long enough for the picture

Guns in.

Misc stuff in

Closed. Looks like the same when it had nothing in it

Yeah i do the over the chest mount. Much easier

For people wondering what these are

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    So what exactly is a low drag loadout?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    So what exactly is a low drag loadout?
    Very lightweight, moveable loadout.

25. Post #25
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Going to revive this thread with some uniform reviews tonight. Stay tuned.

26. Post #26
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    added

LBT

Plate Carriers/Vests
    1961a Chest Rig

27. Post #27
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    bumping for public view
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    170 Posts
    USGI ALICE Gear:

This was and is my current gear, and it is all around excellent. Quality is excellent and carries everything I need in the field. This includes mags, BB's, admin stuff, etc.

Just an example of how it looks with BDU's:

I don't know how much more can be said. I run a belt/suspenders kit now with 2x ALICE M16 mag pouches, compression bandage pouch, LC2 IFAK pouch, PVS-7 pouch, 2x canteen pouches, and a buttpack and I'm usually set. The metal clips hold on way better than MOLLE and secure to the belt perfectly. I recommend this to anyone on a budget or looking for a light set up.

Gentex LWH and USGI NVG Mounting System:

NIJ Level IIIA of Marine Corps awesomeness with titanium. Pads + PASGT cut + lighter weight + 4 point suspension = Awesome SHTF gear. NVG plate+swing arm great for that "h1 sp33d" Marine look.

Overall the best $100 I ever spent.

29. Post #29
    March 2010
    170 Posts
    I just hate calling my replica gear by its replica name, like the Pantac Force Recon Vest is actually just a CIRAS
    Could not agree more...

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    A+ review would read again very helpful and in depth

31. Post #31
    March 2010
    170 Posts
    Hey, I'm not a good writer.

Mah bad. I have yet to receive my Point Blank IBA which should have a WAY better review.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Hey, I'm not a good writer.

Mah bad. I have yet to receive my Point Blank IBA which should have a WAY better review.
    Not a GOOD writer? More like not a writer. You only wrote like one sentence for each piece of gear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2010
    170 Posts
    Lol.

Thanks. Now I feel a whole lot better about myself.

And there's not much to write about an LWH and the whole NVG system when no one really cares. :p

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    Spiderman?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Lol.

Thanks. Now I feel a whole lot better about myself.

And there's not much to write about an LWH and the whole NVG system when no one really cares. :p
    Well geez man, at least put some effort into it instead of blatantly showing off you gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    March 2010
    170 Posts
    Spiderman?
    Nope. Pure boredom.

Well geez man, at least put some effort into it instead of blatantly showing off you gear.
    I'll probably edit the entire post when the IBA comes in, I'll think of more good things about ALICE gear and a ballistic helmet to talk about in that time...

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Oh hey a bump, thought I'd right up a quick review on this mask because i'm bored olololo

Anyways

Introducing the Black Bear Airsoft Stalker Praetorian Rampage in OD! (or ranger green lol)

Bought from http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk...sk_OD_TAS00571 for 25, this mask is an all mesh design, with padding to cover your entire mug. Coming in these snazzy options;

but also a plethora of camo options from other shops.

This mask is a great alternative to full face masks with goggles, if like me your under 18 and need a full face mask, or just prefer not to have you teeth possibly shot, this is a great option, covering your entire face with a mesh shell.

Mask by Gotnoodles, on Flickr

I stuck the mask on my face after receiving it, it's pretty simple to put on. The straps are elastic and secured to the front of the mask, which allows for a comfy fit. Sticking it on your noggin is a simple process, place your face in the mesh, pull down the large strap and secure with the clips, then tighten. The mask then stays on comfortably. One thing to note, if you have glasses, this mask is not for you, you cannot physically wear your glasses comfortably, unless you enjoy pain. I have glasses but also wear contact lenses so all is good here, I''d suggest you do the same if you like the look of the mask.

mask2 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr

Overall the mask is quite comfy, there are little indents on the lower part of the mask which allow for easier cheek resting on your gun when aiming down the sights. This puts a small squeeze on your cheeks if your face is a bit large, the mesh is also molded to include an area for your nose to wiggle around in. Vision is clear and you have a nice field of view. Naturally because it's mesh, no fogging and your face won't warm up too much, at least I hope not, once I go out for my first game with the mask i'll comment on that in an edit.

mask90124 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr

The mask is also very high quality, as tested by firing A (cybergunroflrfolrfo) Thompson at 350fps a few times from 1 metre, the mesh dented slightly (like not at all really) and the finish did not degrade, considering this it's plainly obvious that in practical use it will withstand many games. Safety wise there is the possibility that poor grade bbs may shred and tear through the mask, so be weary of that.

mask141 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr
    Not a scratch

Overall the mask is a pleasure to use, it withstands fire quite well, there are videos on YouTube which detail the rugged nature of the mask, through much more unforgiving tests (such as full auto lipo spraying the mask, high fps sniper shots from 1 metre) where the mask still stands quite well. Being comfy and easy to stick on as well as rugged and hard wearing, this will get you through lots of games, any dents you see can be buffed out too . This mask also does not cover your ears, so wear a hoodie or something idk

A nice mask, Marmite looks probably, but hey you can decide on that.

mnask100 by Gotnoodles, on Flickr

38. Post #38
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,313 Posts
    I also use that mask. It rubs my nose a bit, but I could probably adjust it more for a better fit. Its held up through many CQB skirmishes and very close range shots. Most outdoor fields do not allow these masks since they require bio bb's which will shatter.
    Also, my version does not cover the ears, so make sure you have a balaclava or other item if your field requires it.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Ah yah forgot to mention it not covering ears, thanks for that :)

40. Post #40
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,621 Posts
    That things look like a Recon helmet from Global Agenda