Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. Year of the Linux Desktop! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 12 13 14 15 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

kaukassus • 1 reading
13 Minutes Ago
by Lyokanthrope Go to last post
570 14,137
QUESTION

The "Quick Questions That Don't Deserve A Thread"...Thread. v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 28 29 30 31 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

lavacano • 1 reading
20 Minutes Ago
by TrinityX Go to last post
1,237 17,622
Love

CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x23 (v35): Crest Delivery Network ( 2 3 4 5 .. 12 13 14 15 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at...

kaze4159 • 13 reading
21 Minutes Ago
by Forumaster Go to last post
598 12,538
Love

Android Thread - Android 5.0 Lollipop or go home ( 2 3 4 5 .. 47 48 49 50 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews Android Police - A personal favourite. Tons of app reviews, updates and...

garychencool • 2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
1,972 48,299
Computers

PC Building Thread ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

With the removal of some beloved subforums, this thread is here for system builds, component deals, and asking if you should buy a 970. I will try to keep the builds in this OP as updated as possible with current performance and deals, but any input or...

Levelog • 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
196 4,761
Computers

PC Buzzer making high pitched squeal

Here i go again with the strange problems i keep getting, anyways i have made a recording of it: http://soundcloud.com/snopek-domowei/buzz If anyone knows how to get rid of this i'm all ears, it's annoying the fuck out of me.

Sn0peK • 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Sn0peK Go to last post
0 61
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

MTMod • 1 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Phrozen99 Go to last post
820 23,419
News

Winner x 38

Windows 10: Because Seven Eight Nine ( 2 3 4 5 .. 30 31 32 33 Last ) This thread has images

Starting this up again because it's getting close to leak time. What we know so far: • Return of the start menu • Metro apps run in a window for desktop users • Focused on the desktop

Panda X • 3 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Sam Za Nemesis Go to last post
1,297 55,482
Help

User files are being deleted/wiped daily

Okay so this problem started a couple days ago, i'm using my new laptop (Lenovo Z50) and it was all working fine, got Norton 360 and malwarebytes anti-malware installed on it just in-case i picked up anything, but then one morning i come to go on the...

5 Hours Ago
by medal-12 Go to last post
5 246
Photos
5 Hours Ago
by woolio1 Go to last post
3,390 186,338
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 61 62 63 64 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallhaven.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

lavacano • 1 reading
8 Hours Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
2,533 120,364
Help

Just bought a car, need recommendations on a dash cam.

As the title says I recently bought my first car (woo!) and I was looking to get a dash cam. Only issue being that I have no idea what I'm looking if I'm being honest. Just going off what I've seen listed on Amazon and various other sites. So I'm asking...

10 Hours Ago
by waxrock Go to last post
4 224
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 58 59 60 61 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

13 Hours Ago
by Toats MaGoats Go to last post
2,412 79,370
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

20 Hours Ago
by Michael haxz Go to last post
137 5,131
pc games

Apple and Mac Discussion v. Magical And Revolutionary ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from two threads before) I've decided to make a new thread since Garry enabled post limit once again Discuss all the new shiny stuff by your favourite fruit company in this thread, may it be the iPhone, iPad, Macs or even 30 pin connectors...

Sam Za Nemesis • 2 reading
20 Hours Ago
by Sam Za Nemesis Go to last post
303 6,281
Help

New Tax Return PC (1000-1500)

I just got my taxes back and finally, after two years, I am going to purchase a new PC. I want this thing to be as good as it can, being able to run the new GTA, Dying Light, ARMA 3 and what not. Basically the biggest bang for my buck I can get.

BusterBluth • 1 reading
20 Hours Ago
by Fetret Go to last post
35 1,219
Help

"Couldn't load plug-in."

After clearing my cookies on Chrome yesterday, I have been experiencing problems with various audio and video players. Youtube works fine, but other players don't function and the message "Couldn't load plug-in." appears in their place. ...

23 Hours Ago
by Explosions Go to last post
5 103
QUESTION

NFO VPS ? This thread has images

Im wondering if renting a VPS from Nuclear Fallout Enterprises is a good idea rather than renting the servers separate. It offers this for $19.99 monthly, would it be better to just rent separate servers instead of putting two on this vps? Lets say...

1 Day Ago
by smithy285 Go to last post
4 119
Help

120 hz monitor that's 1080p, and how to get it to work properly This thread has images

I have a 770, easily capable of playing at 120fps, but I need to tap into the price range of these monitors, and I don't really know which monitor I should be looking at. All I really want is something with fair good colors. The only issue I'll need...

1 Day Ago
by J!NX Go to last post
25 868
Help

VPS Desktop Management? This thread has images

Hello! I run a large gaming community on a pretty high end dedicated server, I've got so many servers that it's very hard to work on my VPS because of all the windows. I like to keep the windows maximized because me & my co-owner monitor the servers...

1 Day Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
8 174
Help

Strange Graphics Artifacting on desktop

After installing Magicka, and looking through the options, suddenly my screens were covered in a checkerboard pattern and then lost signal. Persists through reboots and a driver rollback. My card is a EVGA GTX 560, and it was idling at 45 degrees when...

1 Day Ago
by Lebofly Go to last post
9 432
Computers

Need help finding a short 5.25 DVD drive

So I've changed my case as the other one broke (and that's why you don't have it close to your feet when playing Payday 2...), and it was in need of an upgrade anywho. Everything's been transferred and shit but sadly the DVD drive collides with one of the...

1 Day Ago
by El_Jameo Go to last post
8 294
Help

Can I get a virus without opening the file? This thread has images

Someone on Steam sent me a goo.gl link, I followed it and it downloaded a file called Screenshot.scr and I deleted it as it felt obvious it's a virus, and I scanned with malwarebyte's anti malware, AVG anti virus and Kaspersky TDSSKiller. Is it safe if I...

1 Day Ago
by J!NX Go to last post
10 502
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 62 63 64 65 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

1 Day Ago
2,584 84,279
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 33 34 35 36 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

1 Day Ago
1,430 33,721
QUESTION

Using second router as wifi adapter? This thread has images

Hello, I have a question, can you use a second router as a network card/wifi adapter. Here is my problem, my current computer does not have a WiFi adapter in it. My modem router is on the bottom floor of my house and my room is on the main floor. I am...

1 Day Ago
by JohnnyOnFlame Go to last post
10 196
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 16 17 18 19 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

1 Day Ago
by TheSaladMan Go to last post
733 20,924
News

Server Rcon Hacks

This guy named "kif3r" keeps coming along and stealing peoples rcon passwords ,I don't even have rcon enabled in my servers and upload/download is off. Just a heads up to everyone. http://z.fsas.info/v/IBO/m7L.png Here's his info, I included the IP so...

2 Days Ago
by keetor Go to last post
2 173
Computers

Upgrading My Computer

So i have been running on the same equipment for five years now and i finally decided to upgrade it. I was running on a radeon 5870 gpu and I only had 4 gb of ram. I already purchased and installed an EVGA gtx 970 and also 8 gb ram. Corsair Vengeance pro...

2 Days Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
2 230
Help

Microphone not working in Djay Pro

I am using a pair of Stanton DJ PRO 500 MC's in the headphone jack of my Spin 2 in order to use a combined pair of microphones and headphones simultaneously. Unfortunately, it's not coming up on the devices menu in Djay Pro. I can't hook it up as a USB as...

2 Days Ago
by redBadger Go to last post
2 157
POST YOUR

Post Your Servers v2: "Not my equipment, but..." ( 2 3 4 5 .. 15 16 17 18 Last ) This thread has images

Have servers at home? Post 'em Maintain servers at work? Post 'em Walk by servers on the way to your desk? Post 'em Here's one of the nicer looking schools I work for: http://i.imgur.com/QEGxyY1.jpg And here's one of the not so nicer looking...

2 Days Ago
by Binladen34 Go to last post
717 34,638
Gross

Unresponsive Desktop and hanging. This thread has images

Hello! I got home from class today to find that my desktop was being unresponsive. If I moved the mouse, pixels in the top-left-most corner would change colors randomly, along with tearing and other artifacts. I could open the Task Manager but the mouse...

3 Days Ago
by Satane Go to last post
4 191
Computers

Laptop switching to intergrated graphics after 10 minutes of playing Condemned

As said in the title, i have the game set to use the dedicated GT 730M, making me able to max out the game at 1080p. (Condemned Criminal Origins) After about 10 minutes of playing it switches to the Intel HD 4000, the temps stay below 72C too, so it's...

3 Days Ago
by Demache Go to last post
21 679
Computers

Custom Backplates, SLI Covers, Fan Grills and more This thread has images

http://i.imgur.com/OXb0aNn.png You may remember when I made my own backplates for my 970s. I also started selling that design as a kit. Well, I now officially sell these backplates as a kit with pretty much any design you want. I also sell SLI...

3 Days Ago
by Meekal Go to last post
0 164
Computers

Should I get this monitor... or should I wait?

I know 4k monitors are rapidly decreasing in price, but I really want this one. It's $1 100. It will serve as: - A monitor for good workflow when editing pictures and drawing / painting, and occasionally video. - General computer use. - My TV. It...

4 Days Ago
11 344
Help

Help! Can't connect to my home's internet after using Hamachi + restarting computer

The title pretty much explains it all. I've tried reverting windows update that I rolled in before the restart. I've uninstalled Hamachi, reinstalled it, tinkered with settings. I've tried absolutely everything I can possibly think of to fix this problem...

4 Days Ago
by Tarzy Go to last post
6 304
Computers

Thoughts on this build?

I'll be using this mainly for photography, drawing and video editing, professionally. Although I'd like to boot up a game now and again, and play it with good performance. I'm still looking for an excellent monitor, which is the most important aspect...

5 Days Ago
10 313
Shitpost

Upgrading an old computer, how can I max out my mobo

I found an old computer laying around the house... it's a Gateway GM5478 and currently houses an aftermarket Radeon 4550 (I remember it being an energy efficient model). Powersupply is 400W max. Now I'm computer hardware illiterate. I know that the...

5 Days Ago
by Sn0peK Go to last post
2 248
Help

PS1 Controller analog button problem (Dualshock 1)

Hey guys! I recently bought an adapter for my PC that lets me use my PS1 controllers on it. I have 2 controllers. The first one works perfectly including the analog sticks. But the second one's analog just doesn't want to activate. The button was kind...

5 Days Ago
by ManFlakes Go to last post
13 438
Help

can't boot up my pc

I wanted to clean my case, but when i plugged everything back, it does get power and turns on, but nothing happens, no video signal, no hdd activity

6 Days Ago
by EddieLTU Go to last post
4 179
Help

Really annoying monitor bug

Hello, I recently switched out my primary 1600x900 monitor out for a 1920x1080 one. I am currently using the 1080p one as my primary and 1600x900 as my secondary. For some odd reason some games like DayZ, Sniper Elite v2 (not 3), Arma 2, Arma 2 OA (Not...

6 Days Ago
5 188
Help

Ethernet only working intermittently

When I boot up Windows, Ethernet works for a couple minutes and then stops. My router is fine, it's connected fine, it works on all other devices (and even the same computer running OS X or Linux) Then there's a triangle warning sign beside the monitor...

6 Days Ago
by Cronos Dage Go to last post
5 192
Help
6 Days Ago
by JudgeDredd Go to last post
0 124
Computers

Does a CPU boost performance massively? ( 2 Last )

Here are my specs: GTX 660 4GB 6GB RAM AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core 2.7GHz I'm thinking of upgrading to AMD A10 6800K Black Edition Quad-Core 4.1Ghz. What sort of boost will I be seeing if I go ahead and get this?

6 Days Ago
by Original User Go to last post
50 1,702
POST YOUR

Post your lockscreen thread- Android, iOS or WP7- all are welcome! ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

Alright since the last thread was either locked or died, I decided to make a new one. Here, you guys can share your lockscreens and homescreens, and hopefully share a link to where or how you got your customizations so that others who like it can use...

6 Days Ago
by benbb Go to last post
327 15,191
Stupid

Internet ping skyrocketing for no apparent reason on some things, no idea what to do This thread has images

Recently (by recently I mean 2 months ago) I've had humongous spikes in latency despite the fact my family isn't consuming much if not any bandwidth at all We have 4 people in my family, mum, dad, brother and me. However we have on total around ~12...

1 Week Ago
by Smoked2Joints Go to last post
20 676
Computers

CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x22 (v34): Bigger on the inside edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 123 124 125 126 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at...

1 Week Ago
by kaze4159 Go to last post
5,000 123,088
Help

LG Monitor going into power saving mode on boot.

Hi Guys, I'm currently reaching the end of my tether. Every time I try to boot my PC the monitor will just bring up a message saving "Power Saving Mode" and Digital or Analog, depending on what i'm on. The blue light then switches to a amber one, and i'm...

1 Week Ago
by Arjun p.v Go to last post
9 5,099
Help

Loudness Equalization enhancement will NOT disable even when unchecked This thread has images

So I'm using this USB headset because I really like how the "surround" thing sounds in games. However, there are a few things (namely Garry's Mod's shitty Awesomium plugin) that don't work with USB channels/surround sound. Googled, oh, there's an...

1 Week Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
11 335
Help

Looking to finally build a dedicated gaming/media editing PC - $750-$950

I've looked around at pre-built models and have found none that even seemed worthy of upgrading, so now I am looking into building my own from scratch. Unfortunately, I know little on the matter of computer hardware, their relative price/performance...

1 Week Ago
by FreakyMe Go to last post
13 299
Help

Capture Card with TV question

If I wanted to stream something like Smash bros through my Wii while still playing on my TV, how would I go about doing that? http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Camcorders-supporting-composite-connection/dp/B000VM60I8 is the capture card I plan on using

1 Week Ago
1 116
Computers

Post your Speccy V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 15 16 17 18 Last ) This thread has images

Other thread is old and closed. You know what to do.

1 Week Ago
by LVL FACTORY Go to last post
712 21,467
Help

USBs won't detect anything

Gonna start off by saying that I'm not good with computer hardware shit. Anyway, none of my USBs detect anything (other than keyboard + mouse + printer) I've tried connecting my a portable hard drive, galaxy tab 3, Ipad, and nothing shows up. The...

1 Week Ago
by Smoked2Joints Go to last post
1 185
Computers

Looking to upgrade a pre-built PC

For the past 3 or 4 years I've been using some pre-built gaming PC my mom got me for Christmas one year, but it's quickly becoming outdated. I'd like to just get an overall upgrade to my computer and get it ready for VR and GTA:V. I'm also looking for a...

1 Week Ago
17 355
Help

Adding static to a huge amount of audio files

I'm trying to make a mod for Insurgency to change the voices, and while I've done most of it, I need to fix up some of the radio voices. Since the original files are not spoken over a radio, I need to add static to over 800 files, so editing files one by...

1 Week Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
5 290
Help

Font getting cut off This thread has images

I have no idea what happened but turned my laptop on and this started happening. Is there a fix to this? I've tried searching around but nothing seems to work.

1 Week Ago
by frdrckk Go to last post
6 302
Help

Recommend a good management software for Windows

I'm looking for a management software. I can do this via google and I know lots of results will come up. But i don't trust what they say, especially the reviews online so I'm thinking that maybe I should just ask you guys. Maybe someone here has...

1 Week Ago
by curvyforce Go to last post
5 366
Help

Any tips for idiot-proofing a non-tech savy person's computer?

So, like clockwork, my dad brought his laptop to my room yesterday because it's broken. When it boots, it asks if you want to repair windows or boot normally (black screen. Booting normally restarts and brings you to the same screen). It's gotten to a...

1 Week Ago
by ToastedNaan Go to last post
24 1,229
Help

New windows 8.1 laptop - Trying to force off vsync

I have it forced off in my NVIDIA and Intel HD display drivers, but it's still being applied to all my games and windows applications. Does Windows 8.1 force it on or something because I can't seem to turn it off anywhere.

1 Week Ago
by DanTehMan Go to last post
4 393
QUESTION

Weird computer buzzing and insanely high framerates (2000+) on Saints Row IV startup vids (and in other games too) This thread has images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t6OthWD3uA Is this normal? Should I be worried about it? It happens in other games too but normally either just when starting up or in the main menu. Also if I remember correctly in the game I was having this problem on...

1 Week Ago
by DanTehMan Go to last post
7 491
Computers

CPU Temps. This thread has images

Hey guys. Less than a week ago I built my first computer on a microatx case with no cable management whatsoever (no rubber grommets, etc.), and I'm having problems with temperatures. In gaming the GPU can go up to 75 ēC, which for a 5 year old 9800 GT 1GB...

1 Week Ago
by Ol' Pie Go to last post
12 721
QUESTION

Quick opinion needed for this laptop This thread has images

I'm doing some laptop shopping, and I'm going for something ultra portable, good battery life, and preferably under $800 usd. I found this: ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 What do you guys think? It seems great to me, but I wanted to get a second opinion...

1 Week Ago
by fishyfish777 Go to last post
19 543
QUESTION

Garry's Mod Customizeability (Help?)

I LOVE GMOD. There I got that off my chest. I Love it so much for it has millions of different ways to be played. But I have a problem, I want to download all the good addons. So at the moment I have nearly 700 addons saved to my Gmod. I know, my game...

1 Week Ago
by JonnyGFlea Go to last post
0 238
Help

Quick questions about upgrading ram This thread has images

So I believe I need to upgrade my RAM because when I run star citizen my comp freezes while loading sometimes. I currently have 2x4: I was wondering: 1. Can I buy two more 2x4 DDR3 ram sticks to put on my motherboard without having to...

1 Week Ago
by Ricenchicken Go to last post
4 251
Help

Boundary mic only connecting to back port

Ordered a boundary mic with a clip to wear on my shirt. Before, when I used my old headset, I had it connected to the jack port on my keyboard and it worked fine. However, this microphone only seems to like the port on the back of my case, but it's too...

1 Week Ago
by 016hnoor Go to last post
1 307
Help

Is it possible to fix a really deep scratch on a monitor?

I was cleaning my keyboard, which is rather heavy for it's size and made of metal. The hand rest part suddenly detached and the keyboard slammed into my screen. The scratch it left behind is rather small but pretty damn deep, it also left a slightly...

1 Week Ago
by Oizen Go to last post
6 540
Computers

Looking for a new PC. Any recomendations ?

So a few months ago, I made a thread about upgrading my PC. But after showing it to a close friend, it turns out my PC is completely obsolete and I'd be cheaper buying a new one rather than buying new components. I have no idea where to look. Stores...

1 Week Ago
by Satane Go to last post
19 546
Help

Forcing all programs to a certain resolution? This thread has images

My laptop's resolution is 3200x1800, but my screen's only 13". For many programs like Photoshop and Flash, this is a problem, because the icons become so small that I can't work with it. I could set my resolution to 1366x768, but that's kind of dumb,...

2 Weeks Ago
by war_man333 Go to last post
13 347
Computers

Unable to Save Display Settings - 2 DVI, 1 DisplayPort to HDMI

Basically the title. Recently had to do a windows restore, prior to restoring my three monitors work. I've gone an installed my video card drivers, and when I go to set my 3 monitors up, on the 3rd monitor I get "Unable to Save Display settings".

2 Weeks Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
5 272
Help

Verizon seems to be blocking access to certain websites for me

Before anything else, I've tried multiple devices, and browsers. If I'm not using a VPN service, or another ISP all together I can get around just fine. However, I have Verizon fios and wasn't able to get on Facepunch, Enjin, Reddit, 4Chan, or any of the...

2 Weeks Ago
by Map in a box Go to last post
8 397
Help

Moving Windows to an SSD?

I finally went out and picked up an SSD as my main hard drive is getting old and I think it's starting to die. So I'm curious if it's possible to move Windows over to the SSD without having to reinstall everything? Also, if I did this would I have to...

2 Weeks Ago
14 725
Help

Inconsistent internet issue? This thread has images

I've described the issue I'm having here in this post, but will go into some detail anyway: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1446210&p=47262040&viewfull=1#post47262040 For some reason certain videos have been loading as normal while others will...

2 Weeks Ago
by Luxuria Go to last post
18 417
Help

Monitor turning black randomly

Hi, i'm a noob at this so please bear with me: Recently my monitor is turning black as it would if it gets turned off. It happens lots of times and I need to restart it to make it work again. (for a few seconds/minutes until it goes black again) My PC...

2 Weeks Ago
by Grindigo Go to last post
7 338
Request

Looking for a light, small, decently specced laptop

Hey all. In a couple months, I will be shipping out to sea for a few months, so I won't be able to bring my beloved desktop with me. I'm looking for a laptop instead. The one I already own is a bit too big and bulky and lacking in battery life, being an...

2 Weeks Ago
by DeadCow Go to last post
9 584
Help

Source issue with dual monitors.

I've had dual monitors since December and I have recently been having a problem where if I move my cursor fast enough to the left and end up clicking it takes me out of my game.I have been playing alot of Counter Strike: Global Offensive so it is really...

2 Weeks Ago
by Apple_ Go to last post
5 377
Help

I think that my HDD might be about to fail - Help? This thread has images

So recently my PC has been slow to boot when it used to be very quick, my HDD is usually maxed out by the smallest things, for example even 0.1Mbs can max it out and earlier today I noticed that my PC was being slower than usual and when I shut it down it...

2 Weeks Ago
by FordLord Go to last post
6 418
Help

Skype Issues This thread has images

Hey. I didn't really know where else to post this, but uh.. I'm sort of being harassed on Skype. These guys who honestly don't seem to have anything else better to do are causing me some trouble. First of all, it seems like they set it so that spambots or...

2 Weeks Ago
by ashrobhoy Go to last post
4 400
Computers

Windows explorer can't open external FTP This thread has images

Hello FP'ers! Recently I build an FTP server using my raspberry pi B+ and an external hard drive and it works pretty well. but when I try to add the server to windows explorer it gives me an error. This only happens when I connect through the...

2 Weeks Ago
by fauxpark Go to last post
14 582
pc games

Downsampling risks?

Piecing together my new, powerful rig has been incredibly rewarding. An i7 4790k on an MSI board, 16gb of DDR3, a 256gb SSD so it all loads quick. And the crown jewel? My MSI GTX 980. The simple joy of going into games that I once played with kid...

2 Weeks Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
15 718
Help

Need A New GPU

Since my ASUS R9 270x died and ASUS wants your family fortune to RMA it I've decided to temporarily use my old 5770, but I really dont want to be using it because it's obviously outdated. Now what I'm asking is a good performance card from NVidia or...

Lik
2 Weeks Ago
by PonceDeLeon Go to last post
5 439