Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

Dumb x 59

Forum Rules. READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD.

Please read and remember the following rules before making a thread in this section: Here's how it goes, please read carefully. • No X vs/or Y threads. (nVidia vs ATi / XP or Vista) • Search for duplicate threads before making a new one,...

22nd July 2012
by Gran PC Go to last post
12 22,640
Computers

CIPWTTKT&GC v0x21 (v33): Fuck Titles Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 1429 1430 1431 1432 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Keep your Speedtest shit RULES by daijitsu I'm going to say this, and no one's going to listen. This thread is about people who think or act like they're tech savvy, and fail miserably....

TonyTheBean • 5 reading
10 Minutes Ago
by Tezzanator92 Go to last post
57,256 1,168,958
QUESTION

Buying a new chair

Hey, I'm going to guess this is the right section for this thread (if not please move it). My current chair I use is dead so I'm looking for a replacement. I currently have £200 (± £50) to spend on a better chair as my old one was really...

50 Minutes Ago
by Prollgurke Go to last post
25 396
Love

Dumb x 28

Apple and Mac Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 109 110 111 112 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from the old thread) In this thread, you can talk about the latest Apple products, bitch about problems, ask a quick question or two, or get help and support pretty quickly, without having to make a thread in the help & support section. ...

marcus5 • 1 reading
55 Minutes Ago
by kaukassus Go to last post
4,453 84,098
Computers

Good reasonably priced keyboard?

So, I'm currently using a PS/2 Logitech deluxe 250 keyboard which is function fine, but it's PS/2 and doesn't quite like certain key combinations. And the lack of sound volume changers seems to be a bit of an annoyance (had an expensive Microsoft one...

55 Minutes Ago
by false prophet Go to last post
1 60
Science

Funny x 24

Android Thread - The only phones with patented Kernel Panic™ technology! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 489 490 491 492 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews The Verge - Lots of exclusives and lovely looking videos. Anandtech - Less updates,...

Generic.Monk • 3 reading
1 Hour Ago
by garychencool Go to last post
19,660 442,435
QUESTION

Post your internet speed. ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

I'm just curious, so go-ahead and post away. Here's mine:

1 Hour Ago
by garychencool Go to last post
104 2,396
Computers

The "Quick Questions that does not Deserve a Thread"...Thread. V4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 155 156 157 158 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

RoboChimp • 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
6,280 119,959
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 14 15 16 17 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

3 Hours Ago
660 18,839
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 50 51 52 53 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallbase.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

lavacano • 1 reading
6 Hours Ago
by DerpishCat Go to last post
2,113 97,535
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 43 44 45 46 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

Banned? • 2 reading
7 Hours Ago
by Hellsing4682 Go to last post
1,823 59,627
News

Windows 9 ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

Starting this up again because it's getting close to leak time. What we know so far: • Return of the start menu • Metro apps run in a window for desktop users • Focused on the desktop

7 Hours Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
131 4,882
beta

VR, and a potentially real problem

An existential crisis for some people could really be a problem given certain games or scenarios. This developer and his story from the "Steam Dev Days:" http://www.3delement.com/?p=332 At least I'm glad Valve has picked up the VR scene. I didn't...

9 Hours Ago
by Duze Go to last post
0 110
Photos
10 Hours Ago
by TroyIrving Go to last post
2,640 141,785
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 43 44 45 46 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

15 Hours Ago
by gaige333 Go to last post
1,825 61,807
News

Internet speed survey. ( 2 3 4 5 .. 38 39 40 41 Last ) This thread has images

This is the real deal! You reckon you have the fastest internet speed in town? Prove it here by posting your download and upload speeds as measured by Speedtest.net. Rules __________________________ This is no longer a competition....

19 Hours Ago
by hollys Go to last post
1,606 56,639
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. I broke my Arch Install ( 2 3 4 5 .. 156 157 158 159 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

23 Hours Ago
by PredGD Go to last post
6,330 147,089
QUESTION

Ambient Lighting for behind TV / PC Setup This thread has images

Been seeing a lot of stuff like the picture below recently where people are using strips of LED's and attaching them to their TV's to create a nice effect behind them. I'd love to do something similar but I want to be able to change the colours. Is there...

1 Day Ago
by Silikone Go to last post
11 445
QUESTION

Which phone to get? - Nexus 5, Z3, S5, Note 3, HTC ONE?

Hey, used to have: Samsung Galaxy Ace -> Xperia U -> Xperia Z -> Galaxy Y now, so I am kinda android guy. Had to get rid of Xperia Z since it had this flaw with back plate glueing off when it heats up making it not waterproof. Anyway, I decided to get...

1 Day Ago
39 649
POST YOUR

Post your lockscreen thread- Android, iOS or WP7- all are welcome! ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

Alright since the last thread was either locked or died, I decided to make a new one. Here, you guys can share your lockscreens and homescreens, and hopefully share a link to where or how you got your customizations so that others who like it can use...

2 Days Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
283 12,647
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 7 8 9 10 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

2 Days Ago
by hollys Go to last post
360 10,087
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

3 Days Ago
by Michael haxz Go to last post
90 2,932
Help

Aptana Studio 3 - Failed to load the JNI shared library This thread has images

Hello guys! I'm having some troubles with my Aptana. Since my last update, when I start the IDE, it shows a message dialog saying that JNI shared library can't be loaded. I tried to find some help but it's only for Eclipse (I don't know if it works...

Cesar Augusto • 2 reading
3 Days Ago
by DoctorRobot Go to last post
3 689
Politics

AMD vs x ( 2 Last )

Why is it that every time I hear anything to do with AMD like their processors or the Radeon or something, I just feel like "oh... that's ok." But if I heard like an Intel Core i7 or a GeForce 760, I'd always be like "Nice! Not bad!" AMD is just not...

3 Days Ago
by Lordgeorge16 Go to last post
60 1,740
csharp

Winner x 22

ShareX - Open source screen capture/recording and uploading software ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Facepunch forum has too many programmers and I thought this software can be useful for many of them therefore decided to open this thread. I'm the developer of an open source software called ShareX, a screen capture/recording and uploading tool....

4 Days Ago
by isnipeu Go to last post
44 1,904
POST YOUR

Post Your Servers v2: "Not my equipment, but..." ( 2 3 4 5 .. 13 14 15 16 Last ) This thread has images

Have servers at home? Post 'em Maintain servers at work? Post 'em Walk by servers on the way to your desk? Post 'em Here's one of the nicer looking schools I work for: http://i.imgur.com/QEGxyY1.jpg And here's one of the not so nicer looking...

4 Days Ago
by andypopz Go to last post
637 28,923
QUESTION

A few questions about ATH-M50 headphones, sound cards, and amps.

I bought a pair of ATH-M50's about 3 years ago. It was probably the best purchase I ever made. That being said after those 3 years of very heavy use they have developed a crack and I will probably have to buy another pair soon. I've been looking at the...

5 Days Ago
by DeathFang Go to last post
3 145
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 28 29 30 31 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

5 Days Ago
by TheTalon Go to last post
1,234 28,448
Computers

1,100 Laptop

Hey everyone (Levelog), I have 1,100 dollars credit toward a laptop at Best Buy. I'm really not sure what to buy because I never deal with Laptops. Could you recommend me something? I would like: -at least 900p -OS does not matter

6 Days Ago
5 184
Computers

Failed harddrive This thread has images

So one of my old Laptops hard drive failed, by that I mean I woke up one morning and my computer was off and wouldnt boot. Everytime I plug it into my main PC's motherboard, it isn't even recognized. Is there anyway I can restore information off of it? I...

6 Days Ago
by c-unit Go to last post
14 399
Help

Max out CPU usage

I just bought a new computer for my wife to use for school. I cleaned out all the pre installed crap that comes on the computer, but its still running maxed out on the cpu usage when nothing is running. ...

6 Days Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
7 207
Help

Razer Synapse disappearing binds! This thread has images

I have a problem with Razer Synapse and binding arrow keys, home, page up/down etc to my Razer Naga. The problem is upon restarting Synapse that these certain binds get reset and require rebinding. This is what I see: Everything that says "Single...

1 Week Ago
by jackc45 Go to last post
6 190
Computers

Need help looking for a new / used laptop under $1000

My U46E died a while back and I'm really missing the power it had. I filled out the Toms Hardware guide for less confusion. 1. What is your budget? $1000 2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 12"-14" 3. What screen...

1 Week Ago
by aPanzerIV Go to last post
14 315
POST YOUR

Post your Speedtest.net Results! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Thread went missing, im curious to see other peoples speeds. Recently we got a new router: Upload speed still sucks, and we should be getting 20mbits when we move the modem next to the router rather than travelling around the whole house. ...

1 Week Ago
by Hailedbean Go to last post
826 31,867
Photos

Post your phones from old to new This thread has images

Not pictured is an old flip phone that I can't find. The phone on the left is a Verizon Wireless Blitz and it was god awful.

1 Week Ago
by AugustBurnsRed Go to last post
31 999
Help

Dedicated Server or Virtual Server

Hi there guys! So I'm looking to expand on my Garry's Mod servers but I don't want the limitations of hosting my server by paying so much every month for a certain amount of slots on the server. I'm thinking of getting either a dedicated server or a...

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
8 320
Computers

Pictures of your computer v8 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

Last one locked, I'll start off with mine. i5 3570k @ 4.2 ghz 8 GB vengeance ram MSI GTX 670 TwinFrozr ASUS SabertoothZ77 AX750 Corsair PSU WD Caviar black 500 gig Seagate 500 gig Hyper212+

2 Weeks Ago
by andypopz Go to last post
479 30,146
QUESTION

First SSD, Need help!

Looking at a first SSD. Was trying to decide between these two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148820 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147248 Not very savvy when it comes to hard drives. If not these two, I would take...

2 Weeks Ago
by mark6789 Go to last post
7 219
Help

Computer randomly shuts off in the middle of nowhere.

Hello, Recently, my computer has been having some issues. When I play games, such as CoD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and even sometimes puny games like HL2, or even Minecraft, my computer just randomly, out of nowhere, shuts off. I've read online, people...

2 Weeks Ago
by Slade Xanthas Go to last post
7 255
beta

Windows Classic theme has not been removed in Windows 8 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I'm one who like the classic theme? It's easy to do, just rename "C:\Windows\Resource" folder, but LogonUI.exe will crash every second if anyone know how to bypass LogonUI or login from console (i try RunAs not work) will be happy to know

2 Weeks Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
52 9,113
Science

Does Overclocking give you "free" performance?

Would it be best to buy a locked processor + locked board for cheaper and get good performance and replace it once it's obsolete OR buy an unlocked processor + board and simply overclock to keep up with the newer systems available on the market?

2 Weeks Ago
13 499