Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

Dumb x 59

Forum Rules. READ BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD.

Please read and remember the following rules before making a thread in this section: Here's how it goes, please read carefully. • No X vs/or Y threads. (nVidia vs ATi / XP or Vista) • Search for duplicate threads before making a new one,...

22nd July 2012
by Gran PC Go to last post
12 22,564
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 14 15 16 17 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

MTMod1 reading
1 Minute Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
646 18,306
Computers

CIPWTTKT&GC v0x21 (v33): Fuck Titles Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 1387 1388 1389 1390 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Keep your Speedtest shit RULES by daijitsu I'm going to say this, and no one's going to listen. This thread is about people who think or act like they're tech savvy, and fail miserably....

TonyTheBean4 reading
1 Hour Ago
by gman003-main Go to last post
55,565 1,132,984
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. I broke my Arch Install ( 2 3 4 5 .. 152 153 154 155 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

2 Hours Ago
by Abaddon-ext4 Go to last post
6,168 143,183
Help

Computer randomly shuts off in the middle of nowhere.

Hello, Recently, my computer has been having some issues. When I play games, such as CoD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and even sometimes puny games like HL2, or even Minecraft, my computer just randomly, out of nowhere, shuts off. I've read online, people...

2 Hours Ago
by sackcreator54 Go to last post
4 100
Science

Funny x 24

Android Thread - The only phones with patented Kernel Panic™ technology! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 479 480 481 482 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews The Verge - Lots of exclusives and lovely looking videos. Anandtech - Less updates,...

3 Hours Ago
by darth-veger Go to last post
19,240 432,419
Computers

The "Quick Questions that does not Deserve a Thread"...Thread. V4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 150 151 152 153 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

4 Hours Ago
by Jalict Go to last post
6,081 116,323
beta

Subwoofer case mod? This thread has images

Recently I have been thinking about casemods, and I recently came up with this idea. I thoght it would be pretty awesome to turn a subwoofer into a case for your pc, of course this would have to be one of the larger subwoofers out there. There would be...

B-hazard1 reading
4 Hours Ago
by iamtotheark Go to last post
19 2,198
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 42 43 44 45 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

5 Hours Ago
by .Lain Go to last post
1,793 60,450
Photos
5 Hours Ago
by .Lain Go to last post
2,624 140,147
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

6 Hours Ago
by Killdozer Go to last post
344 9,441
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 43 44 45 46 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

18 Hours Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
1,801 58,240
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 48 49 50 51 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallbase.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

22 Hours Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
2,017 93,809
QUESTION

Post your internet speed. ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I'm just curious, so go-ahead and post away. Here's mine:

22 Hours Ago
79 1,809
Love

Dumb x 28

Apple and Mac Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 106 107 108 109 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from the old thread) In this thread, you can talk about the latest Apple products, bitch about problems, ask a quick question or two, or get help and support pretty quickly, without having to make a thread in the help & support section. ...

1 Day Ago
by Unreliable Go to last post
4,321 81,001
Politics

AMD vs x ( 2 Last )

Why is it that every time I hear anything to do with AMD like their processors or the Radeon or something, I just feel like "oh... that's ok." But if I heard like an Intel Core i7 or a GeForce 760, I'd always be like "Nice! Not bad!" AMD is just not...

1 Day Ago
by [LOA] SonofBrim Go to last post
41 1,112
Photos

Post your phones from old to new This thread has images

Not pictured is an old flip phone that I can't find. The phone on the left is a Verizon Wireless Blitz and it was god awful.

1 Day Ago
by altern Go to last post
27 703
beta

Windows Classic theme has not been removed in Windows 8 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I'm one who like the classic theme? It's easy to do, just rename "C:\Windows\Resource" folder, but LogonUI.exe will crash every second if anyone know how to bypass LogonUI or login from console (i try RunAs not work) will be happy to know

2 Days Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
52 8,519
Science

Does Overclocking give you "free" performance?

Would it be best to buy a locked processor + locked board for cheaper and get good performance and replace it once it's obsolete OR buy an unlocked processor + board and simply overclock to keep up with the newer systems available on the market?

3 Days Ago
13 392
QUESTION

Making a dual band outdoor/indoor omnidirectional antenna

Looking for some good instructions, schematics and or anything else that can help. Looking to make my own antenna's in response to ridiculous prices. Here's a reference http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/ap-ant-19_ss.pdf Will start a log here

3 Days Ago
by Adlertag1940 Go to last post
2 94
Help

Bind media keys to keyboard with no multimedia keys? This thread has images

Hey, I have one of these: I love playing games and having TV shows running on 2nd screen, but I lack media keys to pause and play movie during game intros or important scenes, I have to pause game, minimize and stop it manually. Is there any...

3 Days Ago
by DragonAwesome Go to last post
1 126
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 28 29 30 31 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

1 Week Ago
by xplicitt Go to last post
1,221 28,006
Help

Heat/Ambient Room temps affected by custom build. This thread has images

Ok, so I built a custom PC back in 2011 ( yeah I need to update it soon). CPU: i5 2500K Sandy Bridge OC'd to 4.2Ghz I think.. Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: PNY 1600 DDR3 8GB HDD: Spinpoint F3 1TB SSD: OCZ Agility3 128GB Case: HAF...

1 Week Ago
by FrankPetrov Go to last post
10 366
POST YOUR

Post your Speedtest.net Results! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Thread went missing, im curious to see other peoples speeds. Recently we got a new router: Upload speed still sucks, and we should be getting 20mbits when we move the modem next to the router rather than travelling around the whole house. ...

1 Week Ago
by Akito8 Go to last post
825 31,212
POST YOUR

Post Your Servers v2: "Not my equipment, but..." ( 2 3 4 5 .. 13 14 15 16 Last ) This thread has images

Have servers at home? Post 'em Maintain servers at work? Post 'em Walk by servers on the way to your desk? Post 'em Here's one of the nicer looking schools I work for: http://i.imgur.com/QEGxyY1.jpg And here's one of the not so nicer looking...

1 Week Ago
by Akito8 Go to last post
627 28,177
Help

Trouble with my mail server - ERROR: Could not complete request. Query: SELECT "INBOX" Reason Given: [NOPERM] Permission denied This thread has images

When I log into SquirrelMail on my mail server, I get this. I am using postfix and dovecot on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Any more information you guys need I will provide... help? P.S.

1 Week Ago
by LegoGuy Go to last post
1 160
Computers

Galaxy S5 barely charges when plugged into my computer

When i plug the USB charger into my computer, it will only maybe charge 4% in 20 minutes. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

1 Week Ago
by Dr McNinja Go to last post
6 254
Computers

Amazon sent me a better version of the item I ordered, is this normal? (ordered $50 item, got $100 item)

I ordered a Blue Snowball microphone from Amazon and was pleasantly surprised to find a Blue Yeti in the box. Original packaging, not opened, everything included in brand new condition. I was only charged for the Blue Snowball. I'm pretty curious as to...

1 Week Ago
by .Lain Go to last post
7 349
Release

GIGABYTE GB-BXi5G-760 Mini PC

So, I was looking at the brix pro's with the intel irs pro 5200 (GB-BXi5-4570R GB-BXi7-4770R) and they seemed to work pretty well. I was skeptical, all the reviews said they got really hot and loud. Both of those basically use desktop processors,...

Phrozen991 reading
1 Week Ago
by ashrobhoy Go to last post
28 1,171
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

1 Week Ago
by icemaz Go to last post
88 2,789
Help

Headset wire twisting problem... This thread has images

Hey guys, My headset cable has been bugging me for months and now it's got even worse. The headset I'm on about is a Steelseries Siberia V2. The wires looks like this: When my headset is on the desk:

1 Week Ago
by Tezzanator92 Go to last post
2 214
QUESTION

CPU for server on GMOD (affecting?)

What is a CPU on a server or a GMOD server used for? I was wondering as I have an option to upgrade CPU power, will this affect lag or something? I am not sure. I am also sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I thought since it contains technical info...

1 Week Ago
by Graketchup Go to last post
10 323
Request

Export 3D models from Dark Souls 2 This thread has images

Hello guys how can I export 3d models and animation of Dark Souls 2 (PC Version)? I would need to create technical documents and guides/video guides for Dark Souls 2 Little example:

1 Week Ago
by Torekk Go to last post
5 306
NSFW

Starting on Salesfloor at Fry's this week

Any other employees or past employees on Facepunch? Gonna be in Computer Sales and was wondering if there were any tips or experiences anyone wanted to share.

1 Week Ago
by FalcoLombardi Go to last post
5 322
Help

What's wrong with my memory?

Hello. I have an issue with my computer, and I have no clue what is wrong. A couple of weeks ago I tried to download Age of Empires 3, and I realised that the download kept going on and off. At first I thought it was my internet, but when my entire...

1 Week Ago
by Chryseus Go to last post
6 280
Help

Do i have to rebuy Windows 7? This thread has images

So when i built my new pc i just stuck my old HDD in to save time/money, but it's old and dying, plus it has very little storage space. I have bought a 1tb HDD, but i don't have my Win7 Serial key, or the disk, is there any way i can keep my copy of...

2 Weeks Ago
10 248
Help

kernal power 41 help

getting blue screen of death a lot with 850w psu which is pretty new and a 670 never play that many powerful games so i dont know what caused this. what do you guys think

2 Weeks Ago
by taipan Go to last post
2 161
NSFW

Fixing your broken GPU through baking. ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

I am one of the many unfortunate people who turned on their PC one day only to find artifacts on their screen due to a faulty graphics card. Whenever windows loads it goes straight to a BSOD and I can only run in safe mode with drivers disabled. Of course...

2 Weeks Ago
by Del91 Go to last post
131 3,169
Help

Aptana Studio 3 - Failed to load the JNI shared library This thread has images

Hello guys! I'm having some troubles with my Aptana. Since my last update, when I start the IDE, it shows a message dialog saying that JNI shared library can't be loaded. I tried to find some help but it's only for Eclipse (I don't know if it works...

2 Weeks Ago
by Leestons Go to last post
2 408
Help

looking for a low budget graphics card (120-130$)

Hey guys! I will soon have a budget of 100-130 euros and I am looking for a graphics card so I can be able to play the new games that will be coming out on PC. I am not crazy about getting that shit on all ultra graphics. I have a motherboard : ASUStek...

2 Weeks Ago
5 149
csharp

Winner x 22

ShareX - Open source screen capture/recording and uploading software This thread has images

Facepunch forum has too many programmers and I thought this software can be useful for many of them therefore decided to open this thread. I'm the developer of an open source software called ShareX, a screen capture/recording and uploading tool....

2 Weeks Ago
by LordCrypto Go to last post
38 1,471