Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Love

New Computer This thread has images

Hello, i built a new PC from scratch. I want to know if it's good enough. Case: Black Carbide A540 White LED w/ 2 extra Blue LED Fans on top and near CPU PSU: Corsair RM1000 FM 80+G ATX CPU: Intel I7 5820K (6-Core) 3.3 ghz CPU Cooler:...

Large Hard-On 1 reading
8 Minutes Ago
by Toats MaGoats Go to last post
37 513
Request

Looking for new build

Hi, I currently have a AMD setup but since I'm doing a lot of programming for university and I'd like to play around with some Intel / Nvidia things, and the fact games generally run better on this hardware, I'd like to upgrade my rig. I currently...

Cyberuben 1 reading
32 Minutes Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
7 114
News

Winner x 39

Windows 10: Because Seven Eight Nine ( 2 3 4 5 .. 36 37 38 39 Last ) This thread has images

Starting this up again because it's getting close to leak time. What we know so far: Return of the start menu Metro apps run in a window for desktop users Focused on the desktop

Panda X 1 reading
54 Minutes Ago
by Korova Go to last post
1,548 71,991
Love

CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x23 (v35): Crest Delivery Network ( 2 3 4 5 .. 82 83 84 85 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at...

kaze4159 7 reading
1 Hour Ago
by LimEJET Go to last post
3,380 81,057
Love

Android Thread - Android 5.0 Lollipop or go home ( 2 3 4 5 .. 68 69 70 71 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews Android Police - A personal favourite. Tons of app reviews, updates and...

garychencool 4 reading
2 Hours Ago
by garychencool Go to last post
2,805 72,510
Computers

PC Building Thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 16 17 18 19 Last ) This thread has images

With the removal of some beloved subforums, this thread is here for system builds, component deals, and asking if you should buy a 970. I will try to keep the builds in this OP as updated as possible with current performance and deals, but any input or...

2 Hours Ago
by Merijnwitje Go to last post
743 16,493
Help

My GPU suddenly started having a lot of coil whine.

Hello guys, Today something very strange happened to my PC. I really cannot understand the logic behind it. I once had a GTX 670 that had absolutely zero coil whine for over 2 years running perfectly fine. Then two weeks ago I upgraded to a GTX 970,...

2 Hours Ago
by ClaBrendon Go to last post
12 287
Help

GTX 970 - Random fucking artifacts and puzzles showing up in windows. ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hey, I started noticing today some random fucking artifacts showing all over my screen. Here are some images, http://i.imgur.com/Dhw2rKx.jpg http://i.imgur.com/85dIUF0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sn2ydyf.png Specs are:

6 Hours Ago
by Large Hard-On Go to last post
40 800
Help

Black screen while playing game, forced to turn off PC, but game still works in background, cannot alt-tab/alt-ctrl-del

I'm having some weird issue with my computer that only occurs when playing GTAV, and I can't seem to find an answer. After a bit of playing, the game stutters, then the screen goes entirely black. The game is still running though, I can hear people...

7 Hours Ago
by SleepyAl Go to last post
3 202
Photos
7 Hours Ago
by Kogyaru Go to last post
3,563 199,979
Help

Java does not work on Chrome.

I realized that I do not have the latest Java version, and wanted to install it. I downloaded it first on Chrome, but it does not support it. So I switched over to IE 7 to verify it after downloading it. It worked, but a shortcut was not made, or did it...

7 Hours Ago
by maddogsamurai Go to last post
4 64
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 61 62 63 64 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

Biotoxsin 1 reading
11 Hours Ago
by lordofdafood Go to last post
2,554 85,254
QUESTION

The "Quick Questions That Don't Deserve A Thread"...Thread. v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 43 44 45 46 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

lavacano 2 reading
11 Hours Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
1,809 29,673
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 65 66 67 68 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallhaven.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

12 Hours Ago
by OutspokenGolf Go to last post
2,682 130,035
QUESTION

What to upgrade? 250 Eur budget. This thread has images

Current specs: I have 250 spare euro, is there anything I can upgrade? Lets assume I can sell my current motherboard and cpu for ~150 Euro. So 400 Eur budget. Can I get any decent motherboard + intel CPU for that? Note:

13 Hours Ago
by arleitiss Go to last post
33 484
QUESTION

AMD R9 290 BSoD's This thread has images

I've got this R9 290 and I quite like it actually apart from the completely random blue screens I get. I can be playing a game just fine without any problems and the out of the sudden I get a blue screen. I've browsed the internet but never found a real...

17 Hours Ago
by taipan Go to last post
12 432
Work In Progress

Windows Phone 8 thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 34 35 36 37 Last ) This thread has images

On June 20, Microsoft has announced Windows Phone 8, set for release later this year. Shared Windows Core. Now Windows Phone has the same Windows NT kernel you'll find on your desktop. This makes porting apps from one device to another much...

Ezhik 2 reading
17 Hours Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
1,445 35,231
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 65 66 67 68 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

Banned? 1 reading
19 Hours Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
2,687 90,204
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

1 Day Ago
by Chubbs Go to last post
776 23,554
Help

did i break my modem or what

a few days ago, our cable modem's power adapter got wet to the point of being broken. i had this idea of replacing the damaged adapter with another one from a different modem we had. the thing is, while i honestly dont know shit about circuits and shit, i...

1 Day Ago
by taipan Go to last post
3 202
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

1 Day Ago
by DarkCarnage Go to last post
180 7,158
Computers

Looking to create a website, various questions on hosting/domains/pricing

I'm looking to create a website, (as stated in the title) I'm fairly familiar with it, I'm just looking for what you guys think would be the cheapest option. I'll need my own domain, not something like shimtaco.websitehost.com I know that domain...

1 Day Ago
by Coyoteze Go to last post
10 266
Help

Some kind of 'webswitch' virus on my computer. This thread has images

Pardons for having to keep this brief, but on my family's profile on our Windows 8.1 computer, there seems to be some kind of virus. When they boot up IE, the home page is not google anymore, but a 'webswitch.' I've tried all the basic shit to remove it,...

1 Day Ago
by shadowboy303 Go to last post
8 355
Xbox360

Original Xbox DVD tray issues (Stuck open)

So I got my hands on one of the original Xbox models. The system powers on, the controller ports work, the hard drive still runs and has save data on it. The only thing that was off was the clock but I read somewhere that leaving the system unplugged...

1 Day Ago
by Alba Meira Go to last post
5 225
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. Year of the Linux Desktop! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

1 Day Ago
by esalaka Go to last post
780 21,420
QUESTION

Nvil,3DCoat,Substance Painter,and Softimage good choices for workflow?

I was looking around for some 3d software to get if I saved up from art commissions at certain sites. But it's not so simple Due to the fact I am not as active like popular artists,nor have enough posts worth more than a fan-art done in 45 minutes... ...

1 Day Ago
by DarkZero779 Go to last post
0 69
YouTUBE

Setting Youtube player back to normal

I switched over to the new/beta Youtube player a few weeks ago. I followed the instructions in this article. However, some weird things have started happening recently for example, there's a large black bar on the side of the player for some reason and...

2 Days Ago
by LordCrypto Go to last post
5 293
Computers

Post your Speccy V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 16 17 18 19 Last ) This thread has images

Other thread is old and closed. You know what to do.

2 Days Ago
by JohnWallace Go to last post
740 23,643
Help

Laptop keyboard not responding to certain keys

My Asus laptop's been acting strange lately. It's not responding to the p key, sometimes the arrow keys, sometimes only up and down at the same time, and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I can get them to work occasionally by holding the key down for a...

3 Days Ago
by Darth_Toast Go to last post
0 80
Help

Pc doesn't boots properly, or takes 10 to 30 mins to 1 hour of resets to do so

Hey guys, I have this huge problem with my wooden pc.. I went away for a course for a whole week and the Pc was fine. When I came back, the pc just wont start properly. It goes through the windows 8 loading screen thing, and then just sits there, on a...

3 Days Ago
by kweh Go to last post
23 701
QUESTION

Assign ShadowPlay to MouseWheel button? or alternative push to talk solution? This thread has images

Hey, I am playing games with my friends and we talk on TS3, when using ShadowPlay it only records their voices from game not mine. TS3 has push to talk button assigned to MouseWheel. I want to assign shadowplay push to talk button to same button, so...

4 Days Ago
by Zephyrs Go to last post
10 271
Help

Windows Update failing to install a update This thread has images

I have had this annoying problem with Windows Update recently, and it's never gone away. According to Windows Update there is 1 important update that needs to be installed, but the problem is that whenever I try to install it then Windows Update will...

Wormy 1 reading
4 Days Ago
by Wormy Go to last post
2 171
Rant

Which CPU temps should I trust?

I got a new CPU a few days ago (xeon e5430 , my old one was pentium e6300) and I am confused as to what temperature monitoring app I should trust. http://i.imgur.com/KfhPej0.png As you can see everything is showing different temperatures. I just want...

4 Days Ago
11 457
pc games

Looking for good dedicated PhysX card, will a 650w power supply be enough?

So I recently built a new machine after the old one violently carked it, and I'm wondering if the power supply I got will be enough for two gpus running at the same time. Here are my specs: PSU: Corsair 650M 80+ Gold Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4, the...

5 Days Ago
4 232
Help

PC boots slow after installing new GPU This thread has images

I recently bought a GTX 970 and after putting it in my PC it takes longer to boot. It'll stay on the initial boot screen for about a minute before it loads up. Another weird thing is that while on that screen I can't enter the bios. I've tried...

5 Days Ago
by Lucinice Go to last post
14 434
Help

PS4 question (Urgent)

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, if it isn't please move it to the right section. I wanted to know whether a PS4 from U.S will work in India. I am currently in the U.S visiting family. Will there be a reigon...

5 Days Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
10 303
Help

An unusual case of webs and possibly spiders in my computer This thread has images

http://i.imgur.com/sg2ue0q.jpg (The bottom right near the psu is a blanket of web) I was about to do a routine cleanup of my computer until I what I thought was dust- ended up being a large Web in my case. I'm not sure how to go about cleaning...

5 Days Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
9 460
Help

Which Graphics Card >?

http://www.msy.com.au/viconline/pc-components/14696-gigabyte-n980wf3oc-4gd-4g-gtx-980-oc-pci-e-vga-card.html OR http://www.msy.com.au/viconline/pc-components/14564-gigabyte-n970-g1-gaming-4gd-4g-gtx-970-g1-gaming-pci-e-vga-card.html i just want...

6 Days Ago
by NinjaSlayer12 Go to last post
6 211
pc games

Apple and Mac Discussion v. Magical And Revolutionary ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from two threads before) I've decided to make a new thread since Garry enabled post limit once again Discuss all the new shiny stuff by your favourite fruit company in this thread, may it be the iPhone, iPad, Macs or even 30 pin connectors...

Sam Za Nemesis 1 reading
6 Days Ago
by Sir Whoopsalot Go to last post
324 7,734
Computers

CPU Sell Price? This thread has images

Just curious - what kind of prices do you guys think I could pull in for this? Just noticed that my RAM is clocked at 1010MHz, not sure what's up with that. It's 2133MHz RAM. Also hot damn my CPU runs hot - might need new coolant.

6 Days Ago
14 244
QUESTION

Would it be possible to set up a Raspberry Pi or Arduino to play 2d games?

As above. What I'm thinking of is getting the Pi to run and play Binding of Issac. Would this be possible? If so, how should I go about putting on the game on the Pi?

6 Days Ago
2 151
Help

Upgrading graphics card This thread has images

So I want to upgrade and have a budget of roughly 400 (relatively flexible), what should I do? To be honest I really regret going with an AMD setup but I can't afford a whole new PC now. I'm always really hesitant to upgrade, my setup works but...

6 Days Ago
by BazzBerry Go to last post
7 408
games

I have steady FPS in games, but still get 'choppy' gameplay. This thread has images

Recently I've noticed that my gameplay is getting choppy. For example, I get around 120-160fps in CS:GO, but when I'm playing it the gameplay doesn't feel smooth. When I record footage with fraps the video is smooth and steady. What can be the...

6 Days Ago
by gk99 Go to last post
6 384
QUESTION

Garry's Mod Dedicated Server - Expectations

Hi, I apologies if this thread is posted in the wrong forum but I'm interested in renting a dedicated server to run multiple Garry's Mod servers. When it comes to hardware requirements with Garry's Mod servers I become a bit blank because I can't seem to...

6 Days Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
9 216
Computers

Someone give me a quick sell price for my computer

I'm off to school at the end of summer and my desktop is too much of a hassle to drive 12 hours and set up and mess around with and all that. Anyway, here's the hardware: 2TB Seagate SSHD which is a 2TB hard drive with an automatic 8GB SSD that all the...

6 Days Ago
by cyclohexanol Go to last post
11 416
Help

Adware in Chrome, hasn't been removed by MalwareBytes. This thread has images

So yeah, wondering where to go from here. I am getting a Malwarebytes popup about something in the Chrome process though. Thanks in advance. 29th April 2015

1 Week Ago
by Luxuria Go to last post
4 264
QUESTION

What does it take to work at your typical computer store?

Doesn't get much simpler than the title, just wondering what fields are important to know when going into a job like this?

1 Week Ago
by PollytheParrot Go to last post
10 570
QUESTION

Best Gaming Laptop

Hey, I'm gonna buy a gaming laptop this summer but I don't know which one.My budget is around 2100$.I'm searching for a laptop that can play gta v and other games in ultra settings smoothly.

1 Week Ago
by wraithcat Go to last post
2 174
Computers

Installing 4 Sticks of RAM causes repeated power cycling

For the past two years that I've had my PC, I've been running on two sticks of 4GB DDR3 RAM. Yesterday I bought another two sticks of identical RAM and installed them into the two free dual-channel slots. The result was that, after being powered on for...

1 Week Ago
by crazykyle16 Go to last post
8 395
Help

Getting a cheap Chinese Windows tablet?

Hey, I have been thinking about getting a cheap Windows tablet from China for a 100,-. Does anyone have any experience with these things and am I actually buying something useful or is it just a gimmick that stops working after a couple months of...

1 Week Ago
by cNova Go to last post
1 257
Help

Weird crash. Maybe youtube/HTML5 related?

I was watching (listening) a youtube video in the background while sorting some files, when the weirdest crash happened. The mouse started lagging, the sound from the video started to slow down, echo and sound metallic (like some bad movie robot). At...

1 Week Ago
by dj_night Go to last post
1 177
Help

"Unable to connect" on changing router password

Basically the powers that be decided to update to a new router and password on the network I normally use, I've got the new password but so far every time I've tried to connect my main computer gives me an error stating that Windows was unable to connect...

1 Week Ago
by asteroidrules Go to last post
2 145
Help

Need help

Specs: Intel i5 4690 CPU Antec 600W PSU Gigabyte R9 290 GPU HyperX 8GB (2X4) RAM WD Blue 1TB Hard Drive Gigabyte H97M-D3H Motherboard I built my first computer today and it was all going smoothly for the 3 hours or so that I was downloading...

1 Week Ago
by morky Go to last post
0 111
Help

HD to SSD Clone without re-installing windows

Hi guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong place: I am looking for software which allows me to clone my current OS and files from my HD to a new SSD I recently received. I have tried a few programs and nothing seems to work so I am hoping someone here...

1 Week Ago
by Omaha9999 Go to last post
7 381
Help

Microstutter with GTX960 in games This thread has images

Alright, so, recently I upgraded from a 560ti to a 960. The first thing I noticed is that every game has this horrid microstutter going on while the actual framerate is at high 60s, like every second there's this jitter or little jump forward happening....

1 Week Ago
22 788
Help

Everything loaded on my local drive

I just saw that everything is downloaded and downloading onto my Local Disk (C:) 13gb free of 232. My program files, everything. I have no more room. What is listed as New Volume, which I am assuming is my hard drive, is totally empty with 1.81 terabytes....

1 Week Ago
by Rika-chan Go to last post
7 179
Repeat

Building a decent budget gaming PC - Even though there are hundreds of topics around the web like this edition.

Hello there Facepunch! I feel like scrub asking this but ahh what the heck... 1st let me start off by listing what I currently have. (This is all I know, and I'm sorry... I'm new to the whole building PC thing. Also just a note, Iv'e owned this PC...

1 Week Ago
by DanTehMan Go to last post
10 428
Steam

Mouse "Look" won't work. Buttons only, can't look around.

I'm on a mac and for some reason the mouse won't communicate with Gmod. Not even the touch pad. I don't know what updates have been done to gmod/macos that could be doing this. It worked before just fine and now it's all gumped up. I'm trying to hunt...

1 Week Ago
by elsid Go to last post
28 14,969
Computers

Office Laptop for 350 or Under?

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent office laptop (not notebook) for under 350? Doesn't matter if it comes without an OS. I did take a look at this http://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/notebooks/genesisV/ removed the OS, added a 120GB SSD, 8GB RAM and the...

1 Week Ago
4 184
Computers

Cryptographic Services Issue

Heyo, So I just downloaded Gmod after buying and building a new PC. Upon Gmod finishing downloading the first thing the needed was for me to install DirectX. I download it and start to install, but then it gives me this error message I followed...

1 Week Ago
by Fort83 Go to last post
0 137
Help

Graphic Bug and Computer Crash This thread has images

Ever since I got my computer it's been fine until yesterday. Yesterday was when I noticed strange things with my computer such as graphical issues, blue screens, and no error crashes. When I reboot my computer, it gives me the option to "check for a...

1 Week Ago
by xMerkzAd Go to last post
2 148
QUESTION

Is it better to upgrade my OS/RAM, or buy a new rig?

So my PC is shitty and slow and I'm getting sick of not being able to play any current games because Windows 7 32 bit (I know, I made a poor choice when building this PC.) is barely supported anymore. My specs are as follows (Copied from speccy because...

1 Week Ago
by cecilbdemodded Go to last post
2 193
Help

Windows 7 missing buttons on some programs This thread has images

Hello, as of yesterday i noticed that some programs are missing buttons such as the close button or minimize. I installed 3DS max 2014 yesterday and i noticed that a lot of weird things. the top left side was missing a few buttons, and if i...

1 Week Ago
by Commandhat17 Go to last post
2 216
Help

Microsoft AMcap?

This might be a bit ridiculous but it seems really strange. I went out of town for a few days for work and I come home to see shortcut for AMcap on my desktop. It has Microsoft on it and a video camera, and when I open the shortcut it just tells me I have...

1 Week Ago
by Murkrow Go to last post
2 212
News

Internet speed survey. ( 2 3 4 5 .. 41 42 43 44 Last ) This thread has images

This is the real deal! You reckon you have the fastest internet speed in town? Prove it here by posting your download and upload speeds as measured by Speedtest.net. Rules __________________________ This is no longer a competition....

1 Week Ago
by tisseman890 Go to last post
1,725 63,533
Help

My computer opened to this. Help? This thread has images

I turned on my computer and Chrome instantly opened to this page: why would you directly post a link that you think is responsible for giving you a virus, you dope?] (open at your own risk. Avast didnt smell any fishy script running on it). Do I have...

1 Week Ago
by Cpt.Hubba Go to last post
21 3,074
Help

My 'Auxiliary' Temperature is exceedingly high! This thread has images

My computer has been fine ever since I first bought it second-hand. Could play almost any game and I loved it up until this point. This is where things start to go wrong. As of yesterday, the computer keeps shutting off either suddenly without any error...

1 Week Ago
by xMerkzAd Go to last post
10 260
QUESTION

Is it possible for a dying PSU to cause a breaker in my house to trip?

So i've been having this issue suddenly - My computer and monitors can be the only thing on in the house and it will trip the breaker for the room it is in. I don't know why it does this, it does it randomly and seemingly without any real pattern. However...

1 Week Ago
by Smoked2Joints Go to last post
9 567
Help

PC shuts down while gaming. Not all games cause a crash. Tried stress testing and nothing causes shut down.

I posted this to Reddit but, seeing as people don't like to read over there, a friend recommended here. I've reached my wits end. I don't know what's wrong with my PC and I don't know what to do. Now to try and explain this the best I can! I'm running...

1 Week Ago
by AsteriaM15x Go to last post
11 758
Computers

Computer Becomes Finicky With Both Ram Slots in Use - Emachines E525

Hello all. I have a customer that has come to me with an Emachines E525 that has asked me to modify it and install Windows 8.1 on it for them. The specifications are as follows: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4Ghz 8Gb (2x4gb) Mushkin Enhanced...

1 Week Ago
by Superwafflez Go to last post
6 242
QUESTION

HDMI or DP question. This thread has images

Hey, I am getting my LG 34UM65 delivered tomorrow, I have GTX 970 with: 1xHDMI, 1xDP, 2xDVI ports. I will have three monitors, but I am not sure whats best way to connect them. ViewSonic 22" - DVI (Currently connected like: Monitor -> DVI-HDMI adapter...

1 Week Ago
9 250
QUESTION

HDMI output sound + 5.1 Sub at same time?

Hey, I have following setup: 5.1 Speakers (Sub + 5 speakers connected to it but not right now, right now it's just sub) Monitor with speakers via HDMI. Headphones plugged into 5.1 controller (small volume thingy on desk that's connected to sub) Is...

1 Week Ago
0 130
QUESTION

What monitor to get? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hey, so over past 6 month's I've been weighting options some VR set or monitor. I decided to go with Monitor. Currently I have two monitors: ViewSonic VA2248 - 1920x1080 and some old BENQ monitor - 1366x768. Some points: 1) Budget is ~650...

1 Week Ago
70 1,534
Help

The newer nVidia drivers make my GPU overheat.

The latest driver (350.12 at the time of this thread) and a couple drivers before that just make my GPU overheat for almost no reason. I could just be sitting at the desktop doing nothing and the temperature will climb from like 27C to 63C within half a...

1 Week Ago
11 676
Help

BSOD In Certain Situations This thread has images

For some reason just recently I've been getting a BSOD whenever my PC is idle sometimes. It doesn't happen every time its idle, just occasionally. At the same time, sometimes my anti-virus running a full scan can bsod my pc, but only sometimes. If I'm in...

1 Week Ago
by Marzipas Go to last post
10 349
Computers

Pc will only shut down

I have this weird issue with my pc where if a program or I tell it to restart, the power just stays on, the display turns off and it just sits there switched on forever. It has no problems shutting down and turning on however... 18th April 2015 ...

1 Week Ago
by Rixxz2 Go to last post
7 479
Computers
2 Weeks Ago
by Silencerized Go to last post
2 170
Computers

Been out of the hardware game for years but about to return, I have some questions. This thread has images

Title. In need of an upgrade, I have some parts picked but also have questions. Current specs: My PSU is an 850W semi-modular model from XFX, so I have plenty of grunt there. First off, I want to take the 3TB drive and use it as storage...

2 Weeks Ago
by Satane Go to last post
15 439
QUESTION

ShadowPlay doesn't record a shit, - Red line through status icon.

Hey, I am getting really pissed off by shadow play, it let me down so many times and I've lost so much good game footage by now. I have it set to shadow for 20 minutes but I barely use that (sometimes when something epic happens then I do) And manual...

2 Weeks Ago
6 330
Help

Chances of phone working after dropped into water

So, literally about 20 minutes ago i dropped my phone into a bath whilst it was on charge. As soon as it dropped, i pulled it out straight away, the screen was on, but covered in water, so i quickly wiped it with a towel, ripped the battery cover off,...

2 Weeks Ago
by medal-12 Go to last post
6 331