Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Love

Android Thread - Android 5.0 Lollipop or go home ( 2 3 4 5 .. 77 78 79 80 Last ) This thread has images

NO FUCKING PHONE WARS - DEBATE THE RELATIVE MERITS OF SAMSUNG/HTC/APPLE/MICROSOFT ETC YES BUT DON'T SHIT UP THE THREAD. THEY'RE JUST PHONES News and Reviews Android Police - A personal favourite. Tons of app reviews, updates and...

garychencool 4 reading
2 Minutes Ago
by Snoberry Tea Go to last post
3,183 86,376
Love

CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x23 (v35): Crest Delivery Network ( 2 3 4 5 .. 122 123 124 125 Last ) This thread has images

Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE! Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at...

kaze4159 9 reading
6 Minutes Ago
by nikomo Go to last post
4,998 123,128
Question

The "Quick Questions That Don't Deserve A Thread"...Thread. v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 51 52 53 54 Last ) This thread has images

The purpose of this thread is simple. It's for those that have quick questions regarding on anything computer or perhaps electronics related, where a thread is not necessarily required. The reason of why such thread is created is to help reducing...

lavacano 2 reading
51 Minutes Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
2,124 36,853
Computers

General Linux Chat and Small Questions v. Year of the Linux Desktop! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 24 25 26 27 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the GNU/Linux thread, where you can talk about Linux and other Linux related stuff. What is Linux? Linux is an operating system, a large piece of software that manages a computer. It is similar to Microsoft Windows, but it is entirely...

kaukassus 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by nikomo Go to last post
1,044 27,773
News

Winner x 40

Windows 10: Because Seven Eight Nine ( 2 3 4 5 .. 41 42 43 44 Last ) This thread has images

Return of the start menu Metro apps run in a window for desktop users Focused on the desktop Virtual desktops Record game clips Different SKUs -- Mobile, Home, Pro Release "this summer" Free upgrade for 7, 8, 8.1 user for the...

Panda X 5 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Scratch. Go to last post
1,758 84,873
PC Games

Apple and Mac Discussion v. Magical And Revolutionary ( 2 3 4 5 .. 7 8 9 10 Last ) This thread has images

(Copied from two threads before) I've decided to make a new thread since Garry enabled post limit once again Discuss all the new shiny stuff by your favourite fruit company in this thread, may it be the iPhone, iPad, Macs or even 30 pin connectors...

Sam Za Nemesis 3 reading
2 Hours Ago
by woolio1 Go to last post
385 9,499
Computers

PC Building Thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 24 25 26 27 Last ) This thread has images

With the removal of some beloved subforums, this thread is here for system builds, component deals, and asking if you should buy a 970. I will try to keep the builds in this OP as updated as possible with current performance and deals, but any input or...

3 Hours Ago
by huntingrifle Go to last post
1,059 22,861
Gross

Samsung M3 harddrive. The shittiest cheap HD out there? This thread has images

Very stylish. Do not be deceived. Its a plastic box with a plastic Seagate shitdisk inside. Is it broken? Here's a homemade SARCASTIC, DONT TRY THIS guide to fix it. Click "View all steps" at the end. Mine just decided to fuck itself for no reason...

3 Hours Ago
by birkett Go to last post
4 144
Help

Adding Items to Windows 7 Context Menu

Right. This is a simple one. I have a program that I wrote in C#, stored in C:/Tools/UETextureConvert/UETextureConvert_Singular.exe. I want to make it so that when I right-click a file that ends in .mat, there is an option in the main context menu that...

5 Hours Ago
by Gmod4ever Go to last post
0 46
Request

Cut parts of The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 2

Edit: Not to sure if I place this request in the right section. I'm not if anyone is an expert at cutting up videos and audio, but I'm looking for someone who could cut out a part of the Dark Knight Rises trailer 2. I only need the audio from 1:29-1:37...

maddogsamurai 1 reading
5 Hours Ago
by maddogsamurai Go to last post
3 71
Help

Seagate Barracuda HDD Failure?

I was playing "The Long Dark" yesterday when all of a sudden, everything started crashing. Turns out my HDD that had Steam installed on it died. I stupidly restarted the pc, and now it won't launch windows anymore, it just goes straight to BIOS menu. The...

9 Hours Ago
by loopoo Go to last post
13 244
Photos
9 Hours Ago
by Stephen427sf Go to last post
3,664 209,278
Help

Is it worth upgrading?

I was wondering if it's even worth upgrading my PC currently. I'll list the specs my PC is right now and list the proposed PC specs I was thinking about upgrading to. Current Build: GTX 660 SuperClocked (The exact one I have:...

18 Hours Ago
by zombini Go to last post
2 102
Help

Witcher 3: BSOD Hunt - Or "Help, I've BSOD'd and can't figure it out!" This thread has images

So I've been playing The Witcher 3 and been experiencing periodic, and completely random, BSOD's with the 0x124 error. Just dandy. Sometimes it happens after 20 minutes, or sometimes after 5 hours. I've watched my temperatures, gotten new RAM, rolled back...

kyle877 1 reading
20 Hours Ago
by kyle877 Go to last post
28 764
Art

Post Your Desktop v10: "Now With A Semi Proper OP" Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 68 69 70 71 Last ) This thread has images

Places to check for new wallpapers: wallhaven.cc /wg/ on 4chan (or /w/ if you want an anime wall specifically) r/wallpapers is a thing though I haven't used it myself Google Images can be successful with a few keywords and the word "background" or...

lavacano 1 reading
21 Hours Ago
by TrafficMan Go to last post
2,805 137,805
Help

Best gaming laptop for 1,000$, Opinions please?

Hey i was thinking about purchasing a new laptop for various activities. I would like to be able to play some games on it. Such as cs:go, Eve, and world of tanks. They aren't very demanding games but once in a while i enjoy gta 5 if that's possible. I...

1 Day Ago
by Sir Spicy Buns Go to last post
27 706
C#

Windows Desktop General - For The Rest of Us ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Windows XP Media Center Edition, Bliss Welcome to the Windows Desktop General thread! This thread is for discussing all versions of Windows and also Windows software to some degree, past, present, and hopefully in a while future ones too. Merry...

1 Day Ago
by wraithcat Go to last post
76 2,792
Computers

Mechanical Keyboard Megathread v3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 68 69 70 71 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by Nsybouts, modified by Banned? Fact: Nearly all keyboards sold bundled with computers or at retail stores use rubber domes under their keys. This is the same technology used in cheap TV remotes. They're made to be as cheap as possible to...

1 Day Ago
by Elspin Go to last post
2,806 95,969
Music

Headphone Buying Megathread/Guide V4 - Come here for all your audio needs! (New Threads are not needed) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 63 64 65 66 Last ) This thread has images

This is the fourth version of the headphone buying guide. It's been a while since I've changed much here. As before, if you need help or have questions shoot me a PM or use the thread. (The latter will be more efficacious probably.) (I'd go right out...

Biotoxsin 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by Hruhf Go to last post
2,609 89,097
Question

Looking for a high quality microphone with good noise canceling for $60 or less. Any suggestions?

See title. I have a fair bit of background noise, louder than a library or studio but quieter than most living rooms. $60 is my hard limit, and I'm not willing to go above that unless it's a huge mistake not to. Most types of microphones will work, as...

TFA
1 Day Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
4 100
PC Games

PC really heating up when playing Tomb Raider! This thread has images

Heya. So, my computer has always done a pretty bang up job staying cool when playing games, from Metal Gear Solid: Grounds Zeroes to Skyrim. I installed the most recent Tomb Raider today, and imagine my surprise after around an hour of play, I notice...

1 Day Ago
by Linkuya Go to last post
5 147
Help

Did my motherboard just die? POST failure after hard-freeze

Hi guys, Just today, my gaming PC seemed to freeze pretty severely (power cut-out to the keyboard, but the monitor image remained frozen on screen etc) while alt-tabbed from TW3. Now it fails to post and there is a high-pitched whine coming from the...

1 Day Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
6 150
Computers

I am bikram89

Hi! (User was banned for this post ("Welcome to Facepunch - Lurk More" - Craptasket))

1 Day Ago
by Bikram89 Go to last post
0 202
Computers

Mouse Megathread v2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Original OP by G-Guy. Modified by Banned? Recreated with G-Guy's permission. The mouse. The most important peripheral a computer can have. It's kind of hard to use a computer without it. It's even harder to play a game without one and can be very...

1 Day Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
797 24,911
Help

Port Forwarding Issues This thread has images

Hello, For like the past year, I have not been able to port forward any online multiplayer servers for any game. I'm like 89% sure I'm doing everything correctly, but it never works. Thanks! This is what the screen for Port Forwarding/Triggering...

2 Days Ago
by mcgrath618 Go to last post
11 193
Computers

Harmless semi-malicious scripts?

Hello, Just today I've encounted a command for Command Line which allows you to create a file of any eize you input. So I've thought of a harmless (?) prank I could play on quite a couple of people. The idea is simple. Create a script that: ...

Dark RaveN 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by Dark RaveN Go to last post
5 173
Help

Second monitor won't detect This thread has images

I've built a new PC, and now my second monitor just refuses to detect or even acnowledge that it's connected to my PC. It shows the motherboard information and the 'starting windows' screen, but after that it just gives me the 'no signal' message and...

2 Days Ago
by FloaterTWO Go to last post
9 164
Photos

Images suddenly distorted/squashed This thread has images

I just randomly started getting some issues with viewing images in Chrome on Windows 7, 64-bit. The images in my browser looks like this: (Hopefully my print is able to catch the issue) While the actual image looks like this:

2 Days Ago
by Svenskunganka Go to last post
5 203
Computers

Computer corruption, is it the HDD?

So I've got a computer which keeps corrupting Windows. I've had to reinstall it twice already due to it slowly breaking shit and crashing and it's doing it again now (Windows updates configuring, failing, reverting for an hour every time it boots). I...

2 Days Ago
by Warship Go to last post
5 286
Computers

Retrocomputing Megathread Ver KOManiacJim longs for the old computers. ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

Because of the Auto Lock kicking in on the old thread, you can find it here for reference. Oh boy, let's talk about Retro Computing. If you don't really know what Retrocomputing is I'll give you a quick little rundown: Retrocomputing is the act...

2 Days Ago
by Genericenemy Go to last post
186 7,770
Question

Not getting framerates I want in GTA V, what do I need to upgrade?

1920x1080 GTX 780 Core i5 2500k @ 4.5 Should I get a second 780, or a 9 series card or a new cpu?

3 Days Ago
by Chryseus Go to last post
13 460
NSFW

Fixing your broken GPU through baking. ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

I am one of the many unfortunate people who turned on their PC one day only to find artifacts on their screen due to a faulty graphics card. Whenever windows loads it goes straight to a BSOD and I can only run in safe mode with drivers disabled. Of course...

seano12 1 reading
3 Days Ago
by seano12 Go to last post
145 4,287
Help

GTA V - Draw distance is pixelated badly This thread has images

I don't know where I can put this thread, this place seems to be the most fitting one. Anyways, I'm having this problem in GTA V since I ran it on safe mode because a mod crashed my game. http://puu.sh/hRSYv/3ed2a64eff.jpg...

KillerKo4565 1 reading
3 Days Ago
by Lexinator Go to last post
13 674
Help

Hardware Issue or Driver?

So my pc right now is quite fucked. It was running just fine yesterday. I was playing somw games then I tried Metro last light and noticed I was lagging a bit (I shouldnt be) as I have a 970 gtx evga ftw+ so I seen I had old drivers. I tried...

3 Days Ago
by AntonioR Go to last post
5 183
Computers

Workforce management software

Hi, so i work at HR department of my company and we are debating which software to purchase. We are looking at Kronos and Synel time and attendance systems .. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks!

3 Days Ago
by fragger0 Go to last post
2 137
Computers

Build Log for my new setup This thread has images

I figured I'd stop spamming CIP with my shitty pictures and instead make a whole thread devoted to it! This will be a build log for the system I'm currently working on, and my most involved system to date. Components Processor: Intel i7 4770k verified...

3 Days Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
3 121
Help

a Virus disguised has a Microsoft dll ?? or ??? This thread has images

Can someone tell why Either Microsoft or this Virus (it's called ncrypt - is it one) has the signature of Microsoft ? , All I found out is it Could be from Microsoft KSP or whatever that is? and also it try's to do something to the default browser which...

4 Days Ago
by Murderman Go to last post
2 237
School

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive dropping my internet connection

This is going to sound weird and unlikely to most of you, but CS:GO drops my connection to the internet. It's not always a problem, most days it won't happen at all, some day's it'll happen only a few times, and some days it'll be a problem the entire...

4 Days Ago
by Satane Go to last post
4 302
Help

Internet acting incredibly shitty in certain aspects but fine in others. URGENT This thread has images

I'll copy all my shit from the last thread. A bunch of image host related shit seems to of completely fucking died and after having restarted my internet I don't know how to fix it. Could someone give me a hand? My Steam download speeds are fine,...

4 Days Ago
by Luxuria Go to last post
8 186
Help

Ports not opening This thread has images

Alright so whenever I try to test my ports for the CCTV it always fail (on canyouseeme.org it says that the connection timed out) I've port forwarded my routers (as per the DVR instructions) which you can see above. Anyone have a fix to this? ...

4 Days Ago
by frdrckk Go to last post
0 79
Computers

Powerline ethernet works, but internet won't connect.

I've had a powerline ethernet connection for like two years now and it's been perfect. Now today all of a sudden the internet just dropped on me (was playing CS:GO). I had to switch to wireless for the time being, which isn't ideal for gaming because of...

5 Days Ago
by KangarooSteak Go to last post
5 273
Help

Witcher 3 executes my PC (like BSOD but not BSOD), GTA 5 works perfect maxed out. What's happening? (again) This thread has images

I should probably have my own mega thread by now from all technical issues I am having. Specs: http://oi61.tinypic.com/2qs9i7k.jpg Anyway, I've been playing witcher 3 recently but now I ran into a trouble. First it took 20 minutes to just crash...

6 Days Ago
by arleitiss Go to last post
5 331
Question

AMD R9 290 BSoD's This thread has images

I've got this R9 290 and I quite like it actually apart from the completely random blue screens I get. I can be playing a game just fine without any problems and the out of the sudden I get a blue screen. I've browsed the internet but never found a real...

6 Days Ago
by sheridanm Go to last post
38 1,297
Question

What to upgrade? 250 Eur budget. ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Current specs: I have 250 spare euro, is there anything I can upgrade? Lets assume I can sell my current motherboard and cpu for ~150 Euro. So 400 Eur budget. Can I get any decent motherboard + intel CPU for that? Note:

6 Days Ago
40 866
Computers

Post your Speccy V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Other thread is old and closed. You know what to do.

6 Days Ago
by AJ10017 Go to last post
765 25,100
Help

AMD HD 7870 - Overclocked - now possibly defunkt This thread has images

Started last night with some Star citizen, had some issue with my video card not letting me adjust settings in Catalyst control center, figured i'd restart and give it a go again, this is where a windows update was installed and the pain started. from...

6 Days Ago
19 577
Help

Where do you put your command prompt executables? This thread has images

I'm in the middle of organizing my documents, some of which are loose console applications -- stuff like ansicon.exe, ffmpeg.exe, git.exe, and whatever else I want to be able to run from the command prompt. Right now it's in a "+cmd" folder in my user...

6 Days Ago
by Octopod Go to last post
2 163
Help

Ctrl and Shift Keys being randomly pressed

So yesterday after getting home from working and went to go play breaking point for Arma 3. As I was playing it was fine and everything but after about 3 minutes of play my character began moving weirdly. Then I noticed the shift and control keys where...

1 Week Ago
by uchiha2727 Go to last post
4 151
Computers

Is this laptop worth it? Help please.

Sorry if this is the wrong section or thread but, I got the MSI GP60 LEOPARD-472 for like $798 (after a $200 instant rebate), $698 after mail in rebate at my local electronics store. I don't have a smartphone and it was the last in stock so I just...

1 Week Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
6 356
Stupid

Is having my case open bad?

I know I could easily google the question, but I really want to hear from you guys. My computer's temperature with the case open goes down by about 5c, and while gaming, about 10c. I shouldn't have to worry as long as I clean the inside a bit more...

1 Week Ago
6 263
Help

GPU overheating (possible PSU problem) This thread has images

I'm having trouble with my graphics card overheating. I already broke one of them and had to have it sent back, and EVGA sent me a refurbished one back. Now the graphics card EVGA sent me back is also having overheating issues. I'm starting to believe...

1 Week Ago
6 299
Help

SSD: OS not found.

Hey, if anyone remembers - I recently posted thread about dying HDD's and about 4 threads/posts about shitty performing PC in past. Anyway, long story short - I disconnected my two damaged hard drives and I am left with: WD1TB and two ssd's. One of...

1 Week Ago
8 180
Question

Monitors with whitened coloring

I bought two AOC E2050SWD monitors a few months ago for around a hundred dollars each. After hooking them up, I noticed both monitors had a strange white tinge that screwed with the colors, almost like the contrast was permanently turned up. After toying...

1 Week Ago
by Cheshire_cat Go to last post
6 204
Help

USB 2.0 driver This thread has images

I have been searching and searching for a driver cause my damn computer cant find it and I havent had any luck. Does anyone know where I can dl a usb 2.0 driver for windows 7 AMD for free? As of right now i am stuck with 4/8 usb slots on my rig cause 4 of...

1 Week Ago
by The White Kid Go to last post
7 156
Help

Best Screen Recording & Video Editing Software?

Hello Facepunch, A friend of mine is interested in making videos, he wants to record gaming and tutorial videos on his PC as well as using his camera to film videos. What is currently the best screen recording software that he could use? I've...

1 Week Ago
by wickedplayer494 Go to last post
12 387
Question

Best Gaming Laptop

Hey, I'm gonna buy a gaming laptop this summer but I don't know which one.My budget is around 2100$.I'm searching for a laptop that can play gta v and other games in ultra settings smoothly.

1 Week Ago
by Mpizou Go to last post
14 436
Help

AVI file wont upload to youtube. This thread has images

I am trying to upload a video I captured in Dxtory to youtube, and I receive the following error. Unable to convert video file. My video is 8 gigs large and an avi file. I have tried to convert it to a wmv file but the converting program would not...

1 Week Ago
by luckyhardwork Go to last post
4 1,515
Help

Help me buy a cheap tablet.

Hey. I am in need of 2 extremely cheap (<50 Eur) Android tablets. I really don't have a lot of knowledge about mobile systems like these, so I really don't know what to look for when choosing one, so I need suggestions on what to look for when buying...

1 Week Ago
5 184
Computers

Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2: Come buy all QuikKill's stuff ( 2 3 4 5 .. 19 20 21 22 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Official Facepunch Hardware Trading Thread v2! A couple ground rules: 1. Trades are in no way monitored by anyone. It is between you and the other person. 2. Don't post your address here! We don't need a spammer sending you ...

1 Week Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
853 25,920
Help

Finally admitting that I need to upgrade my PC, looking for hardware recommendations This thread has images

Well, after finding out that GTA V won't even start on my system I've admitted that I need to upgrade. My current system is about 5 years old, and I have a GTX460, 8gb RAM (the RAM is newer, so I should be able to reuse it), and an Athlon II x4 processor....

1 Week Ago
28 613
Request

How much better of a PC could I have gotten? This thread has images

Hey, so about half a year ago I bought a new PC. Made the (probably) pretty big mistake of buying a pre-built PC from one company. Kind of funny because I was quite ready to build myself one, but my parents kept telling me that I shouldn't fuck around in...

1 Week Ago
by Slayer0207 Go to last post
20 757
Help

Issues with fan/GPU/performance This thread has images

So my lappy's been acting odd lately. About thursday it started to run everything REALLY slow and choppy (about 15 fps), even things that I KNOW I can run at about 45-60 frames per second. Also, my fan has been running constantly, pushing cool air out....

1 Week Ago
by ProfHappycat7 Go to last post
6 290
Question

Toshiba Warranty Issue

I'm in a really awkward predicament and was wondering whether someone could help me out. At the beginning of April, I purchased a Toshiba laptop from Shop Direct for my mother as a birthday gift. After 3 weeks of usage, the laptop started developing...

1 Week Ago
by YWNJack Go to last post
5 160
Help

Weird Issue With GTA5. This thread has images

Alright so before we begin, I'd just like to say that I can run GTA V on a fairly smooth 50-60 fps depending on the situation. I could be playing for about half an hour, moving very smoothly in my own home when suddenly my FPS drops to around 20-30. Does...

1 Week Ago
by I_love_garrysmod Go to last post
12 482
Help

Having some problems with Steam

So a few days ago my anti virus (ZoneAlarm) detected some malware, I let it do it's thing and restarted, when I came back Steam gave me a little prompt saying that I don't have Steam Service installed and need to install it. The first time it reinstalled...

1 Week Ago
by WarRage333 Go to last post
1 160
Beta

Looking for suggestions for a gaming rig/ SFM

I'm looking for suggestions for a computer build that can handle SFM for hours on end and a high work load for games. Looking for >$1000 range. I don't know much about computers.

1 Week Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
1 184
Computers

$1000 PC Build

I'm looking for the best build I can possibly get under $1000. I don't have any idea where to start. This isn't including monitor or any peripherals. Thanks in advance.

1 Week Ago
by Jacksmacks Go to last post
9 640
Question

HDD going bad? Read/Write seems okay - slow to access anyway. This thread has images

It writes and reads kinda okay-ish but when for example - uTorrent finishes download, it keeps saying Flushing to Disk for a while, also it seems to rather affect data randomly, some folders copy/paste faster than others. Is this indication of HDD going...

1 Week Ago
by arleitiss Go to last post
13 388
Help

Control power of another electrical device via software

Hello, Apologies if it's in the wrong place, this seemed the best place to put it. Anyway, I'm looking to help out a friend who owns a sunbed business and I'm looking for a way for me to program a piece of software that allows the staff to turn the...

1 Week Ago
by TheCreeper Go to last post
8 319
Help

PC Upgrade Help?

So I have an avatar pc desktop, and honestly it's the first gaming desktop I've owned and I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to run certain new gen games better, problem is I dunno what exactly to get. It runs most things fine but when it comes to things...

1 Week Ago
by Darkimmortal Go to last post
3 229
Help

Liquid Cooled Graphics cards

hello fellow computer builders, i am having a hell of a time looking into getting a pre-built, liquid cooled graphics card. im starting to think they dont exist and i'd have to build my own, while im pretty good with computer building in general, i dont...

1 Week Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
5 358
Xbox 360

Xbox 360 shutdown and won't turn back on

I'm not sure this is the proper forum, if not please move it to the right area. I was playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West when suddenly my Xbox 360 shutdown all by itself. I tried turning it back on, but it won't work. It doesn't even show the Red...

2 Weeks Ago
by 3221drdew Go to last post
9 3,510
Question

PC Chairs? This thread has images

I'm looking to buy a new PC chair. I currently have an old, generic office chair which I should have replaced a long time ago. Mainly I'm looking for something comfortable. I play a lot of games but I'm not really bothered about getting a "gaming"...

2 Weeks Ago
by tom1029 Go to last post
28 791
Help

Looking to host a SrcDs from home, cheap linux server?

Hey facepunch! I would like to host a srcds from home, I was intending on using my old pc, but the PSU on that is semi dead and will probably burn my house down. I am looking for a cheap computer that I can use as a server... only problem is I don't know...

2 Weeks Ago
by Lukeme9X Go to last post
24 588
Help

Hosting GMOD server from virtual machine?

So I was wondering if hosting a GMOD server from a virtual machine was a common approach. It sounds like a good idea as it would be secure or would that be overkill? Should I just run it directly from my Linux machine on another user with minimal...

2 Weeks Ago
by bitches Go to last post
1 196
Help

Computer locked up: no longer boots

Hi I was editing my video assignment in Sony Vegas about an hour ago when all of a sudden my PC locked up entirely. I had to shut it down using the physical button. After this it booted once but wouldn't connect to my network. I restarted it again, and...

2 Weeks Ago
by DwarfOverlord Go to last post
0 195
Request

Best 32-40' Flatscreen TV's?

Looking for input on TV's. Not planning on using it as a monitor, just for some smash bro's and stuff. I saw the ChangHong 40's going for $280, but I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews. Trying to keep the budget below $300 aswell. Def wanting...

2 Weeks Ago
by s5300 Go to last post
15 401
Help

Networking from ground floor to attic

So my pc is all the way in the attic and my router and modem are all the way in the ground floor. My house is pretty old, so no ethernet connections in the wall. Currently I have to connect my phone to my pc and tether its wifi connection to the pc to...

2 Weeks Ago
by mark6789 Go to last post
6 309
Question

What should I look for and avoid when buying my first gaming PC? This thread has images

Hello everyone! So - I am looking into finally getting into the world of PC gaming. I've been a OSX user for a while(not my choice) and I'm finally deciding to buckle down and spend some money on a budget gaming PC. I have a budget of around $5-700,...

2 Weeks Ago
31 503
Help

Unable to get PS4 controller to work in certain games (more info inside)

My PS4 controller has suddenly decided not to work in many games on my laptop, and I'm completely stuck on why. It works perfectly on my desktop which has the same version of Windows and the same controller drivers (Inputmapper) Sometimes it appears...

2 Weeks Ago
by rodent-man Go to last post
3 236