Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

16th September 2014
by Craptasket Go to last post
1 4,084
beta

Half-Life 2 Leak Textures This thread has images

My friend got this all working, but I decided to upload here so that all you guys can get to it more easily. Has a ton of textures and the skyboxes as well. You stick the "hl2_leak" folder straight into your materials folder Download...

Stiffy360 3 reading
20 Minutes Ago
by Boilrig Go to last post
20 699
Love

Mapping Question Megathread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 159 160 161 162 Last ) This thread has images

If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Useful Links ...

TCB 1 reading
52 Minutes Ago
by Itszutak Go to last post
6,447 162,951
Release

RP Rockford This thread has images

Download Now: Main Workshop Link Content (needed): Content Workshop Link Does not work on servers!!! Content for servers: .zip Download Link Rockford is a city RP map based in Oregon USA, that includes downtown, uptown, industrial, residential,...

1 Hour Ago
by Knoxed Go to last post
31 1,411
games

The Facepunch "Other Engines" Pimpage thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

Hey all, basically i have been using yap n blabber to post my unity work, but as it is now dead, and the other non engine thread was specific to UDK, i decided to make this one. Feel free to post your unity, udk, or other engines, be they custom or...

IronPhoenix 2 reading
5 Hours Ago
by Shirky Go to last post
462 35,426
Map

rp_SanViostta This thread has images

Welcome to San Viostta! a fictional city in America It's a large openworld rp map for Garry's mod This map is currently working in progress. May pretty much of features still missing. So the light and skybox are only temporary and we love your...

badstomach29 2 reading
8 Hours Ago
by badstomach29 Go to last post
9 1,001
Map

The ~Official~ Facepunch Map Pimpage/WIP Thread V15 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 241 242 243 244 Last ) This thread has images

I'll do this properly when I'm home We got 1000 posts only so make lets make it the most beautiful 1000 posts facepunch has ever seen! RULES MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080 + RESOLUTION USE SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES...

mdeceiver79 8 reading
9 Hours Ago
by mathias123961 Go to last post
9,741 695,612
Map

City 2 Development This thread has images

A continuation from this post, after I was banned from C16 for ridiculous reasons (posting links to a website 8 months ago): http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/index.php?topic=9805.0 So I've decided to continue sharing my progress here. City 2 is a map...

Kemerd 3 reading
10 Hours Ago
by Kemerd Go to last post
4 242
Gross

Garry's Mod - Custom particles and soundscapes aren't working on servers This thread has images

Recently, I made test map that featured a custom soundscapes and particle effects. It worked fine in singleplayer, but when I packed it in the .bsp and let a friend join the server, he didn't see or hear them. Instead, the soundscape has been replaced...

22 Hours Ago
by CandyTails Go to last post
8 292
Map

Mapping King x 40

[TF2] Trade_Hyrule_Market WIP ( 2 3 Last )

Download the latest version here: Mediafire (Trade_Hyrule_OoT3D_Alpha_5a) Here is a video (robotortoise made it, thanks will be redirected to him): I will update this post whenever I made some progress.

1 Day Ago
by Litronom Go to last post
92 11,700
POST YOUR

Most beautiful maps created on Source SDK ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

What are some of the most beautiful maps created on Source SDK that you can think of? I'm pretty fond of the maps that have been created for "The Ship", I think many of them are very well detailed. Here's a screenshot from "Cotopaxti", which is one the...

Lamar 4 reading
1 Day Ago
by Spherix Go to last post
137 16,283
Work In Progress

Mapping King x 60

gm_fork ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

This is a map I've been working on in my free time over the last two years. It started out as a bridge near a river fork (hence the name) and I've been adding to it ever since, with little to no planning. I never made it with any specific purpose in mind,...

03C0 4 reading
1 Day Ago
by hobkins Go to last post
63 6,447
Help

Map Will Not Load When Tested

I've been working on this map for about 2 days now, and I've been testing it out a couple of times. Today however when I compiled the map, it did not work in Garry'smod whatsoever. The loading bar goes to 1 bar then pauses for 2 seconds and closes Gmod...

1 Day Ago
by Super Glue Go to last post
10 245
Release

GM_Functional_Flatgrass This thread has images

Hello, this is my first real map. I've made some things before, but nothing really worthy of mentioning here. Now after years of practise in Hammer (before that in GTKradiant) I finally got something to release so I can finally leave this behind me. As...

Rammelslakje 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by Rammelslakje Go to last post
7 1,172
Map

[CS:GO] de_brewery This thread has images

Hello! I've been working on a map for a couple of weeks and would love to get your feedback! STEAM link Pictures ...

Bolleten 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by Netheous Go to last post
4 485
Map

[CS:GO] de_villaggio

Hey, I've been working on my first counter-strike map for the last couple of weeks. I would love to get your feedback! Workshop link ...

2 Days Ago
by Netheous Go to last post
7 499
Help

The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified."

I'm trying to get into mapping but every time I go to compile my map to check something I always get this error. "The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified." I've tried googling around to find a fix...

chowder908 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
3 157
Map

Twenty dolla$ 20 brush challenge ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

You know what to do. Join the group. Rules: - Brushes can have as many sides as you want - One prop equals one brush - One displaced face equals one brush - Everything in the bsp is added up including things outside of the play area - Tool...

2 Days Ago
by sirdownloadsalot Go to last post
162 8,247
Release

gm_norad [Gmod/SFM]

gm_norad is a visually impressive stage map that was designed for a Saxxy 14 entry. Included in the download is a large interior room for a massive office like futuristic environment. Also in the pack is a set of furniture to populate the...

3 Days Ago
by Lt_C Go to last post
7 722
Help

Mapping King x 67

Opinions on this City map please? ( 2 3 4 5 6 Last ) This thread has images

-UPDATE BETA RELEASE- Ok here it is guys. Theres blocks all around indicating that it's an alpha/beta version so if you do wish to use it on a public server, go ahead but be aware that those blocks will be there until it's released. Please report any and...

Statua 2 reading
3 Days Ago
by Statua Go to last post
216 11,740
School

Help me make these displacements not suck balls. Please. This thread has images

I figured I'd try my hand at actually making a rocky hill. I recognise I lack particularly decent textures and I've not used any models. That said, this does not look like actual land to me and I don't quite know why. As such, I don't feel like I want to...

3 Days Ago
by Whitby Go to last post
9 405
Map

Microbrush 3 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hello. 🐾 In continuation of this thread, I would like to mention that I am now working on a successor to that old editor. I already made a couple attempts at this, but none worked out until I set a different scope and made a little Minecraft editor....

4 Days Ago
by Shrinker42 Go to last post
65 4,494
Help

Are npc's bad to put in a map?

Whatsup! Was going to put 3 zombie npc's in my TTT map. Im using CSS hammer. Would that have an effect on download speed, fps, etc etc? Thanks!

norriskirby 1 reading
4 Days Ago
by norriskirby Go to last post
2 221
Work In Progress

Compile Pal - Easily configurable map compiling ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Compile Pal is a wrapper for the source map compiling tools that provides easy configuration and better UI. It was inspired by VBCT and serves to be an easier to use replacement with improvements such as: Fast configuration management:...

5 Days Ago
71 3,128
Steam

Banjo Kazooie Maps ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

I just downloaded the Banjo-Kazooie Model pack, but there wasn't a single map at all. Can someone make a map of Spiral Mountain from the first Banjo-Kazooie, as well as Grunty's Lair, with the Final Boss to it?

6 Days Ago
by Spherix Go to last post
115 6,437
Help

Skybox mapping issue This thread has images

So I've got this custom skybox all layed out (Completely seamless, I double checked everything in PS and checked to make sure all the flips were seamless too), I can patch it onto a sphere no problem and it looks great, but the instant I put it as the...

6 Days Ago
4 144
1 Week Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
2 97
Map

TTT_Nightmare_Church_B1 - [Trouble In Terrorist Town] This thread has images

TTT_Nightmare_Church_B4 - A TTT Version of Nightmare Church was requested so I ported it. Download: http://gmod.gamebanana.com/maps/177230 (2014) - Name: TTT_Nightmare_Church_B4 - Map Type/Main Focus: Trouble In Terrorist Town - Player Spawns:...

1 Week Ago
by Random. Go to last post
7 1,219
Help

"WARNING: too many light style faces at XXX-XXX-XXX "

This is the compile log: This is the error i get in compile, after the compile finishes and i load the map, the game crashes to desktop and says: "Engine Hunk Overflow". I digged into this and found out that the possible causes for this...

TheRA1DER 1 reading
1 Week Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
7 354
Help

Hammer is being specially educated

So yeah I got source multi tool and set it up for garry's mod, the same way it tells me to in this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259588878 And hammer's 2D views are all acting up like zooming in and out for no reason,...

1 Week Ago
by DDDchu Go to last post
0 221
Help

Cant set textures in the editor This thread has images

Sorry if this is in the wrong section! So as the title says I cant set the textures at all in the editor, I use source multi tool and I cant seem to set any textures, nor could I find on the internet for what I'm looking for This is my Game Config ...

1 Week Ago
by goobaa Go to last post
3 145
Release

RP_EvoCity2_v1p ( 2 3 4 5 .. 10 11 12 13 Last ) This thread has images

READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR EVEN DOWNLOADING THE MAP! The long wait is finally over. After nearly two years and 1500+ hours of development the map is finally in a state where it can be released. This isn't like my usual release...

1 Week Ago
by Lord_TAcoz Go to last post
497 61,846
QUESTION

What makes the gameplay enjoyable?

I've been always wondering what makes some of the maps in certain games so enjoyable - ttt_67thway, vsh_skyhigh_resort, rp_downtown(_v2), vsh_crevice, zm_roy_the_ship, cs_office, ttt_rooftops and so on. All of them are far more replayable than most of...

1 Week Ago
5 342
Map

Mapping King x 20

Mediterranean island RP map. WIP ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

This is our new Rp map in the making, a yet to be named island in the Mediterranean sea. The islands will feature long seaside roads winding through grassy hills, structures including Mediterranean villas, modest housing, shops, dockside buildings,...

1 Week Ago
by PERPGamer Go to last post
79 4,780
Map

rp_disorientation

Name: Disorientation Author: thingshappen Version: 1.0 Description: A large roleplay map, incomplete and has a few errors Requirements: HL2 & Episode 2 (possibly Episode 1 too)

1 Week Ago
by PERPGamer Go to last post
23 4,092
Release

rp_tlou_evocity This thread has images

Preamble So I had been working on this map for a few months as a private commission for a The Last of Us roleplaying community; I planned to exclusively launch with their server as part of our agreement, but after I gave them the map, they shut down -...

1 Week Ago
by Lord_TAcoz Go to last post
17 1,871
Map

Black Mesa roleplay maps-Blue shift/Opposing force areas in source engine

For the last 2-3 years I have been working on porting almost every blue shift and opposing force map to source, and make them fully functional in the process, with the goal of creating a full representation of the Black Mesa research facility on the...

1 Week Ago
by conner.97 Go to last post
8 896
Help

Hammer 3D camera is broken for me This thread has images

Apparently at school when I was working on making a map hammer decided it would break. I need help fixing this :/

1 Week Ago
by Appeltart Go to last post
7 379
Poll

Texture lights or entity lights?

Personally I use whatever is appropriate (which is usually entity lights) but what do you guys think? Any reasons to avoid texture lights?

1 Week Ago
by gargamel9000 Go to last post
9 337
Help

L4D2 Call of Duty zombies WIP (need help) This thread has images

Hey Facepunch ! Well over the past few weeks, I've been trying to come up with a project in which I could milk L4D2's game logic to a point where the gameplay is completely altered. I decided to throw myself into a ridiculous idea and try to recreate...

1 Week Ago
by X-tra Go to last post
3 309
Tv

Facepunch Mapper's/Modder's Google Hangout v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last )

Gonna update this thread on every time there's a hangout in progress. Of course it's not strictly just for mapping so modellers and other modders are welcome alike. Current one:...

1 Week Ago
by azgag Go to last post
289 11,583