Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

Source Tutorials Source

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR QUESTIONS, THOSE GO HERE The VDC should be the first place you look for information. Source Tools: Interlopers Error Checker Source Multi-Tool Compile Pal Hazard Team Compile Tool Nem's Tools wunderboy

2 Weeks Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
5 1,092
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

2nd April 2013
by Craptasket Go to last post
0 3,855
Release

Blade Symphony Maps and Props This thread has images

On request, here is the addon version arranged by DeltaD36 and me from the Source mod Blade Symphony. It refused to mount in Gmod. It contains the maps and also all the props and player models. So without further adieu The monastery!

Rastifan 1 reading
1 Hour Ago
by DioNagnaresh Go to last post
13 2,894
Love

Mapping Question Megathread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 149 150 151 152 Last ) This thread has images

If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Useful Links ...

TCB
2 Hours Ago
by seba079 Go to last post
6,070 151,782
QUESTION

Things You Hate in Hammer ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

So, what are the things you hate/dislike/wish there was in Hammer? Things like the infamous carve tool, convex brush limitation, stability issues, doesn't work out of the box with gmod, and so on. I'm working on a level editor and I'd like to...

2 Hours Ago
by Talvy Go to last post
80 2,207
Map

Mapping King x 113

Rp_City12 District14 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 28 29 30 31 Last ) This thread has images

Credit for the Banner goes to Useful Dave. Updated 29/02/2012. Thankyou for the offer but no beta testers are currently needed. I do however appreciate feedback on the media I provide. I have alot of uni work to do but I will try to update this as...

1 Duck 2 reading
3 Hours Ago
by kittykaty Go to last post
1,224 115,795
Map

The ~Official~ Facepunch Map Pimpage/WIP Thread V15 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 230 231 232 233 Last ) This thread has images

I'll do this properly when I'm home We got 1000 posts only so make lets make it the most beautiful 1000 posts facepunch has ever seen! RULES MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080 + RESOLUTION USE SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES...

mdeceiver79 11 reading
6 Hours Ago
by Magman77 Go to last post
9,312 652,309
Love

After ten years of working with the Source engine, I just can't find this leak! This thread has images

Maybe you guys can help, but I'm stomped. Here's the compile logs- Hey, wait a second.. Sorry, just a little Source humor. I thought some of you might appreciate it, and I'm just happy I finally managed to squash a bug that's been bothering me. ...

12 Hours Ago
by da space core Go to last post
7 344
Tv

Facepunch Mapper's/Modder's Google Hangout v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last )

Gonna update this thread on every time there's a hangout in progress. Of course it's not strictly just for mapping so modellers and other modders are welcome alike. Current one:...

15 Hours Ago
by azgag Go to last post
286 11,295
Work In Progress

Mapping King x 48

gm_fork ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

This is a map I've been working on in my free time over the last two years. It started out as a bridge near a river fork (hence the name) and I've been adding to it ever since, with little to no planning. I never made it with any specific purpose in mind,...

03C0 1 reading
16 Hours Ago
by 03C0 Go to last post
48 3,631
Work In Progress

Winner x 20

rp_subterranean ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

What is it? rp_subterranean is a roleplay map in an underground town/community that is built in a cave of sorts. The theme I've been trying to go for is that its a makeshift community built below the surface hidden away from the world above, whether...

highvoltage 1 reading
17 Hours Ago
by Zakkin Go to last post
49 3,385
Release

TTT_Riverside

Description Terrorists have got tired of all the fighting and bombing, so they took a little break in the Riverside Park. Unfortunately, that didn't stop their violent behavior. This map is only properly usable with TTT. I'll release a Murder and...

1 Day Ago
by rama2299 Go to last post
4 510
Release

Source 2 Circlejerk/Speculation Thread

What are you looking forward too in the new version of Hammer and Source 2? I'm specifically excited for the new streamlined content creation. It may make mapping far less tedious.

1 Day Ago
by GaleTheHusky Go to last post
3 656
Release

New Level Design Plugin : CorVex This thread has images

I've released a new level design plugin for 3ds Max called CorVex. It can help quicken your level layout process. Here is the first video introducing the tool. More videos will soon follow. The latest Wall Worm VMF Exporter has native support...

1 Day Ago
by wallworm Go to last post
10 2,018
Release

Mapping King x 94

L4D2 ported map Thread (l4d2 maps ported to garrysmod)! ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Heres where im going to be posting all the maps ive ported from l4d2, whether its from an official campaign or a community campaign. enjoy ---------------------------------------------------------------- L4D2 Dead Center's First level, Hotel The Vannah,...

1 Day Ago
by sunny710 Go to last post
70 22,086
Help

VBSP refuses to start

Right then. I am the ONLY PERSON in the ENTIRE WORLD to have this problem..I think. Compile log: ** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program...

1 Day Ago
by =(E)=AndromK Go to last post
9 278
QUESTION

Porting map

Hello I wanna ask If it is possible a port map from a game. Thanks

2 Days Ago
4 212
Map

Anyone, what RP map do you want ? This thread has images

Hello ! (Are you ready to read my english ?) After I have released Chanda or CSGO 1 year before, I now want to make a new map, for Garry's mod for RP. But, I don't know what theme I can make, what it will be really good for this gamemode. That my...

2 Days Ago
by racerfan Go to last post
10 420
Map

Mapping King x 20

Mediterranean island RP map. WIP ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

This is our new Rp map in the making, a yet to be named island in the Mediterranean sea. The islands will feature long seaside roads winding through grassy hills, structures including Mediterranean villas, modest housing, shops, dockside buildings,...

2 Days Ago
by Gurrazor Go to last post
77 4,156
games

The Facepunch "Other Engines" Pimpage thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

Hey all, basically i have been using yap n blabber to post my unity work, but as it is now dead, and the other non engine thread was specific to UDK, i decided to make this one. Feel free to post your unity, udk, or other engines, be they custom or...

3 Days Ago
450 33,928
Map

BIG update: de_rails This thread has images

I've just changed the theme and made many gameplay updates to my old de_rails map. Here it is the download:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251812530 And some screens:

3 Days Ago
by deholise Go to last post
20 1,672
Map

Mapping King x 40

[TF2] Trade_Hyrule_Market WIP ( 2 3 Last )

The map has been renamed, (more infos later) Here is a video (robotortoise made it, thanks to him): I will update this post whenever I made some progress. *Thx to robotortoise for providing me the models from the game.

3 Days Ago
by Nickakyoin Go to last post
85 9,899
Map

[CS:GO] Re-release of Import

Hey guys, I forgot to post this here, so enjoy! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249354664 Import was created earlier this year by the same people who made the map recently added into CSGO via Operation Breakout, Black Gold....

5 Days Ago
by HoliestCow Go to last post
3 380
Tutorial

Mapping King x 84

Smooth curved and sloped roads using displacements This thread has images

Here's a quick guide on how to create smoothly curving roads using displacements. In my experience, this method is much faster and easier than working with traditional brush-based roads. Additionally, it reduces the number of texture seams and it's a bit...

5 Days Ago
by hafidzz Go to last post
33 2,509
Help

Hammer 3D camera is broken for me This thread has images

Apparently at school when I was working on making a map hammer decided it would break. I need help fixing this :/

5 Days Ago
by pkp23 Go to last post
5 195
Shitpost

*Cries*

Thanks Valve Batch Compile Tool for that wonderful example of how not to create mountains http://i.gyazo.com/22f2cbc494064b8d53910979ac23f9d8.png (User was banned for this post ("Undescriptive Thread Title" - Jaanus))

5 Days Ago
by Exho Go to last post
10 597
Help

[Dota 2 Authoring Tools Alpha] Displacement tool not working, wat do?

So as the title says, the displacement tool doesn't want to work for me in the new Source 2 version of Hammer. I know that it works for others (they have posted screenshots of sculpted displacements within the new editor) but I can't for the life of me...

5 Days Ago
by Toyoka Go to last post
3 221
Help
5 Days Ago
by Satin Storm Go to last post
6 260
Help

Mapping King x 57

Opinions on this City map please? ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

So I'm nearing completion of my city map finally but I kinda want some opinions from the general public of gmod about it. The maps brush geometry is pretty much full right now so I don't have any room for expansion there. What are some things I can...

Statua 1 reading
6 Days Ago
by Phulax Go to last post
103 6,030
QUESTION

Ragnarok/Valhalla

Anyone able to recreate this for gmod?

6 Days Ago
by Elexar Go to last post
5 386
Work In Progress

Compile Pal - Easily configurable map compiling ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Compile Pal is a wrapper for the source map compiling tools that provides easy configuration and better UI. It was inspired by VBCT and serves to be an easier to use replacement with improvements such as: Fast configuration management:...

6 Days Ago
by ruarai Go to last post
50 2,152
QUESTION

lua code for function in map

Hi all; I want to create a function in my map that can toggle a door, lights, move_linear, func_traintracks by a gmod glua command. Is that possible, and how would I do that? Thanks in advance!

6 Days Ago
by TFlippy Go to last post
1 141
Map

Winner x 57

Gm_ghosthunt 3 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

Ladies and nerds. I would like to announce Gm_ghosthunt 3. I have spent months mapping. Literally. Working on Hartley and this... christ. I am finally beginning to feel comfortable with this project. I've been through three iterations. Three...

6 Days Ago
by (AMS-$)ILOVEPIE Go to last post
306 51,468
Help

trigger_hurt keeps getting spawned at 0, 0, 0

I'm trying to map for garry's mod, But whenever I spawn I die, with my name in the death notice being displayed as "unconnected" After checking around i found this: http://i.imgur.com/OXEBHZH.png Hmm, Strange. There's no error in the compile log...

6 Days Ago
by Daniel MCH Go to last post
13 408
Map

rp_disorientation

Name: Disorientation Author: thingshappen Version: 1.0 Description: A large roleplay map, incomplete and has a few errors Requirements: HL2 & Episode 2 (possibly Episode 1 too)

6 Days Ago
by Kamekazi Go to last post
22 3,597
Request

REQUEST: Extended Height HL2 Lighthouse This thread has images

This is a request for building the HL2 Lighthouse extended similar in height to Ostankino Tower in Moscow. Of course, we can't go that high, but the higher the better. Below are the details and payment. A friend of mine de-compiled the original...

1 Week Ago
by da space core Go to last post
22 1,077
Map

TTT_Nightmare_Church_B1 - [Trouble In Terrorist Town] This thread has images

TTT_Nightmare_Church_B4 - A TTT Version of Nightmare Church was requested so I ported it. Download: http://gmod.gamebanana.com/maps/177230 (2014) - Name: TTT_Nightmare_Church_B4 - Map Type/Main Focus: Trouble In Terrorist Town - Player Spawns:...

1 Week Ago
by Random. Go to last post
6 1,055
Map

RP_Fyrestone (NOW YOU CAN'T STEALTHE IDEA HAHA) This thread has images

So I've recently started a new little project after I discovered someone else had made a purge RP gamemode (Which I wanted to do since I host a slew of rule-free servers) and this time I'm determined not to be beaten to the punch. It's a long way from...

1 Week Ago
by Hawx Go to last post
5 668
Map

Microbrush 3 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hello. 🐾 In continuation of this thread, I would like to mention that I am now working on a successor to that old editor. I already made a couple attempts at this, but none worked out until I set a different scope and made a little Minecraft editor....

1 Week Ago
by Shrinker42 Go to last post
48 3,372
Map

rp_officerp_v1 This thread has images

Hello all :downs: my name is Ashtro, im new at this hammer thing, ive been making a map for quite a while actually. it is a office extention i planned on making it for rp and for my exclusive server for my community, either way there is an added...

1 Week Ago
by Exho Go to last post
13 789
QUESTION

Pack custom content in BSP

Hi all, I'm editing a map, however it has custom content. I like to embed the USED content to the bsp and leave the unused content even when they are in the same folder. I heard PackBSP could do that, but when I launch and click next I got this...

1 Week Ago
by Exho Go to last post
4 233
Help

Need help with map being completely black

After running the map, the map becomes completely black. Log - ** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life...

1 Week Ago
by vrej Go to last post
2 168