Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

Source Tutorials Source

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR QUESTIONS, THOSE GO HERE The VDC should be the first place you look for information. Source Tools: Source Multi-Tool Compile Pal Hazard Team Compile Tool Nem's Tools wunderboy

4 Days Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
5 848
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

2nd April 2013
by Craptasket Go to last post
0 3,785
QUESTION

Things You Hate in Hammer This thread has images

So, what are the things you hate/dislike/wish there was in Hammer? Things like the infamous carve tool, convex brush limitation, stability issues, doesn't work out of the box with gmod, and so on. I'm working on a level editor and I'd like to...

Enhex • 1 reading
1 Hour Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
19 264
Tutorial

Mapping King x 71

Smooth curved and sloped roads using displacements This thread has images

Here's a quick guide on how to create smoothly curving roads using displacements. In my experience, this method is much faster and easier than working with traditional brush-based roads. Additionally, it reduces the number of texture seams and it's a bit...

03C0 • 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Videowarrior Go to last post
23 1,780
Help

Help Cinema gamemode Map This thread has images

First of all, Hello community and that all stuff :3 Well i decided to make a map playable for this mode so i was doing a bit of research and found this tutoria that one of the devs made: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147037972 ...

2 Hours Ago
1 150
Map

RP_Fyrestone (NOW YOU CAN'T STEALTHE IDEA HAHA) This thread has images

So I've recently started a new little project after I discovered someone else had made a purge RP gamemode (Which I wanted to do since I host a slew of rule-free servers) and this time I'm determined not to be beaten to the punch. It's a long way from...

Videowarrior • 3 reading
3 Hours Ago
4 111
Work In Progress

Mapping King x 27

gm_fork This thread has images

This is a map I've been working on in my free time over the last two years. It started out as a bridge near a river fork (hence the name) and I've been adding to it ever since, with little to no planning. I never made it with any specific purpose in mind,...

3 Hours Ago
by Skerion Go to last post
19 956
beta

[csgo] aim_dojo beta This thread has images

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299955788 looking foor constructive (or destructive) criticism on my map, aim_dojo. When it is complete, it will have custom models, textures, and much better lighting. Basically it's appearance is...

4 Hours Ago
by lonegreeble Go to last post
5 454
Map

The ~Official~ Facepunch Map Pimpage/WIP Thread V15 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 226 227 228 229 Last ) This thread has images

I'll do this properly when I'm home We got 1000 posts only so make lets make it the most beautiful 1000 posts facepunch has ever seen! RULES MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080 + RESOLUTION USE SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES...

mdeceiver79 • 5 reading
4 Hours Ago
by Magman77 Go to last post
9,121 633,958
Request

Map Requests - To Cure Shark's Boredom.

Hello, I am a mapper looking for some map requests to give me something to do on my downtime. Which I have a lot, maybe some ideas would help me a bit. I am a decent mapper that likes to experiment. Here's some of my maps so it gives you a figure on...

SharkDouble07 • 1 reading
9 Hours Ago
by SharkDouble07 Go to last post
10 374
Love

Mapping Question Megathread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 146 147 148 149 Last ) This thread has images

If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Useful Links ...

TCB
10 Hours Ago
by lope Go to last post
5,955 148,115
Link

Valve's Hammer Editor for Mac OS X

Someone made a Wineskin port of Hammer from the Source SDK for Mac. It runs pretty well and I can't tell the difference between running it on a PC and running it on a Mac. Here it is:...

12 Hours Ago
by Computermichael Go to last post
4 311
Map

de_urbancomplex This thread has images

NOTE: Screenshots are outdated, new features have been added since these were taken. A smallish-mediumish sized..whatever building this is. Download http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/182506

14 Hours Ago
by thefreemann Go to last post
6 580
Request

REQUEST: Extended Height HL2 Lighthouse This thread has images

This is a request for building the HL2 Lighthouse extended similar in height to Ostankino Tower in Moscow. Of course, we can't go that high, but the higher the better. Below are the details and payment. A friend of mine de-compiled the original...

18 Hours Ago
by da space core Go to last post
13 601
Map

Mapping King x 39

[TF2] Trade_Hyrule_Market WIP ( 2 Last )

The map has been renamed, (more infos later) Here is a video (robotortoise made it, thanks to him): I will update this post whenever I made some progress. *Thx to robotortoise for providing me the models from the game.

1 Day Ago
by knifekeeper Go to last post
73 8,785
Work In Progress

rp_subterranean ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

What is it? rp_subterranean is a roleplay map in an underground town/community that is built in a cave of sorts. The theme I've been trying to go for is that its a makeshift community built below the surface hidden away from the world above, whether...

1 Day Ago
by matt000024 Go to last post
44 2,645
Help

Help with a func_door jump pad This thread has images

I originally posted this in the wrong subforum (I believe), but I've corrected my mistake. Anyway, I've been trying to make a jump pad in hammer but it's a bit strange. What I have works fine, it's just a func_door that moves up when a player stands...

1 Day Ago
by Namieo Go to last post
7 272
games

The Facepunch "Other Engines" Pimpage thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 8 9 10 11 Last ) This thread has images

Hey all, basically i have been using yap n blabber to post my unity work, but as it is now dead, and the other non engine thread was specific to UDK, i decided to make this one. Feel free to post your unity, udk, or other engines, be they custom or...

IronPhoenix • 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by Skerion Go to last post
433 32,481
Map

Microbrush 3 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hello. 🐾 In continuation of this thread, I would like to mention that I am now working on a successor to that old editor. I already made a couple attempts at this, but none worked out until I set a different scope and made a little Minecraft editor....

Shrinker42 • 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by Shrinker42 Go to last post
43 2,946
Tv

Facepunch Mapper's/Modder's Google Hangout v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last )

Gonna update this thread on every time there's a hangout in progress. Of course it's not strictly just for mapping so modellers and other modders are welcome alike. Current one:...

2 Days Ago
by pac0master Go to last post
279 11,030
Request

Making YOUR Dream Map: Requesting Ideas This thread has images

Hey there guys, I have been mapping for some time but am no expert. I thought I'd start to make official maps that I release, but rather than make what I want, I want to make what OTHERS want. If you give me a map idea, and I really like it and think I...

2 Days Ago
by sonosublime Go to last post
24 1,121
Map

[Release] GM_Santa_Monica This thread has images

Hello, today i present my latest map called Santa Monica. I recreated the first city from the game Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. It's not a 100% accurate map, so some rooms may be missing or simply not added yet. I will be working on it...

2 Days Ago
by onebit Go to last post
10 825
Help

Mapping King x 57

Opinions on this City map please? ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

So I'm nearing completion of my city map finally but I kinda want some opinions from the general public of gmod about it. The maps brush geometry is pretty much full right now so I don't have any room for expansion there. What are some things I can...

3 Days Ago
by TheSenDest Go to last post
95 5,214
Help

No prefabs found?

I want to add a prefab from HL2 but when I go to entities and prefabs I see nothing, it's just blank and nothing is in the drop down. I want to make a combine force field that the player can't go through but combines can. Help??? I mean the dropdown...

3 Days Ago
1 91
Map

Mapping King x 81

Metrostroi (gm_metrostroi) ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

GMOD 81-717 Subway Simulator 2014 Biggest train map in GMOD ever! Download (subscribe to both addons): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261801217 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=306834272 Concept,...

3 Days Ago
by BlackPhoenix Go to last post
325 30,217
csharp

Winner x 47

Source Multi-Tool ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Source Multi-Tool is meant as a replacement to Valves Source SDK Launcher. Current features: * Launch hammer for any game or mod * customConfig, a way for you to setup hammer for mods and Garrys mod and even lets you choose what content to mount! *...

wazanator • 1 reading
3 Days Ago
by Ducky3426 Go to last post
91 9,651
Stupid

env_screenoverlay not working

i tried to start an env_screenoverlay with logic_relay and logic_auto and with a trigger_multiple and it dosent show the overlay i don't know why it won't show the overlay i have set the Overlay Name 1 to combine_binocoverlay and Overlay Duration 1 to...

3 Days Ago
by alphaware Go to last post
2 132
QUESTION

Can I get some real examples of Hint/Skip?

Its a concept I've struggled to understand despite watching every tutorial on there, it seems that most of them choose to use small scale stuff to teach you the concept and I've only seen the one by TopHattWaffle that actually does a good job of using it...

3 Days Ago
by seba079 Go to last post
8 311
Art

[Release] DM_Railyard This thread has images

DM_Railyard is a small map in the middle of a Combine controlled city. Many old industrial buildings and a half-crushed hotel, railways and signals are distinct elements of this map which got it's name because of this. A lot of detail is put into every...

3 Days Ago
by gargamel9000 Go to last post
4 385
Request

Action Movie City & Town Maps and Aftermath in SFM?

I was digging around the Workshop hoping for some ideas for a SFM project I had in mind. I came across this take on gm_construct, and it's wonderful. http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u419/gittins2/gm_pd_destruct0002.jpg I was hoping that someone here...

3 Days Ago
by maddogsamurai Go to last post
1 308
Help

Hammer logic realtime debugging?

Hello, is there a way to debug the logic stuff made in hammer? Compiling the map everytime (even when compiling takes just 5sec) and loading it into the game is a real pain. Is there a small preview for testing buttons, teleporters, the rotation...

4 Days Ago
6 332
Release

rp_tlou_evocity This thread has images

Preamble So I had been working on this map for a few months as a private commission for a The Last of Us roleplaying community; I planned to exclusively launch with their server as part of our agreement, but after I gave them the map, they shut down -...

TurtleeyFP • 1 reading
4 Days Ago
by TurtleeyFP Go to last post
16 1,179
Stupid

lighting or texture problem This thread has images

So i have been working on a horror map for the whole summer now and i started to put some lights on my map and them i saw this weird bug on my walls i don't know if it's the textures or the lighting I don't want to stop because of this so please help me...

4 Days Ago
by Statua Go to last post
9 185
QUESTION

Doom maps on Source

Are there any other Doom maps that have been ported/remade for Source besides E1M1?

4 Days Ago
by elevate Go to last post
8 385
News

Late x 20

Seems that Source 2 is coming soon! + New DOTA 2 Authoring Tools ( 2 3 4 5 .. 7 8 9 10 Last ) This thread has images

A completely new Hammer has been released for DOTA 2 some while ago, which comes some very interesting features, such as realtime map preview, brushes being replaced by polygon meshes, different material format .vmat, capability of loading non-vtf...

5 Days Ago
by Major_Vice Go to last post
393 36,749
Request

HL2 Beta [Requesting WC Mappack]

As the thread title is there anyone here that has the actual mappack of vmf's? Ive been looking everywhere on the internet for it and cant find it, can you guys help me?

Sx
6 Days Ago
by Sx Go to last post
11 498
QUESTION

Possible to run game-altering scripts in map?

The question is worded really weirdly, I know. Is it possible to change certain aspects of the game with codes all centralized in the .bsp of your map? I mean simple things like disabling fall damage or increasing the damage an npc takes from a specified...

6 Days Ago
by TFlippy Go to last post
5 285
Map

Island mapping help

Hi everyone, I have recently been using hammer map editor through half life 2 bin files. I have only been doing it for a few days but I feel fairly confident in what I have learnt so far and am learning fairly quickly. I was intending to make a map for...

6 Days Ago
by Monfett Go to last post
2 212
Map

BIG update: de_rails This thread has images

I've just changed the theme and made many gameplay updates to my old de_rails map. Here it is the download:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251812530 And some screens:

6 Days Ago
by deholise Go to last post
16 1,260
Help

Up to date Halo maps?

Was wondering if anyone had or knows where I could get any Halo maps or similar to Halo maps? Found a few here and there, a lot were for gmod10, only real recent one was blood gulch (which has some weird skybox things going on) and ttt_lockout. I'm...

6 Days Ago
by VIOLATION_SNG Go to last post
7 352
Help

Flashlight Clips World

When I turn on my flashlight, this happens. OFF: http://puu.sh/b6CxB/56f85c7555.jpg ON: http://puu.sh/b6Cy9/d2e7173579.jpg 24th August 2014 Fixed. The custom skybox was causing the clip. Not sure how, or why, but I changed the skybox texture...

1 Week Ago
by Rory Go to last post
1 134
Map

rp_vostok This thread has images

Friends, I present to you my first-ever roleplay map: rp_vostok. Here is a quick trailer I made recently: Before I elaborate more on this map, I find it worth mentioning that I am (or was) an avid roleplayer on gmod, and I used to play heavily and...

1 Week Ago
by ICutDownTrees Go to last post
22 1,470