Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

2nd April 2013
by Craptasket Go to last post
0 3,529
Map

The ~Official~ Facepunch Map Pimpage/WIP Thread V15 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 204 205 206 207 Last ) This thread has images

I'll do this properly when I'm home We got 1000 posts only so make lets make it the most beautiful 1000 posts facepunch has ever seen! RULES MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080 + RESOLUTION USE SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES...

mdeceiver79 16 reading
9 Minutes Ago
by highvoltage Go to last post
8,262 572,835
Help

'Fake' Brushes appearing only ingame This thread has images

As you can see from these screenshots, in game there is a concrete wall just infront of the player. However in the editor this wall does not exist, I've checked the compile log for any errors but aint been able to find any, regardless I'll post it below....

Minijar 2 reading
20 Minutes Ago
by Dexter127 Go to last post
7 89
Map

What to improve This thread has images

Hey I'm currently working on this gmod map of arendelle (The castle where the princesses of the movie Frozen live) It's my first map and I'm really proud of it Does any of you guys know some tips for lighting and some tips about improving the map in...

bramtnetel 12 reading
34 Minutes Ago
by Statua Go to last post
2 77
Love

Mapping Question Megathread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 135 136 137 138 Last ) This thread has images

If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Useful Links ...

TCB 4 reading
1 Hour Ago
by mista_bojjob Go to last post
5,500 136,732
Help

texture not seamless in hammer This thread has images

Hi facepunch, I rarely post here, I am creating a HL2 type level with custom textures and props using HL2 ep2 engine. I have made a similar thread regarding this issue on another forum but I thought I would like to get multiple advice on the problem. I...

lastburai 8 reading
1 Hour Ago
by lastburai Go to last post
0 44
Map

[Release] MU_Nightmare_Church_Final [Murder Map] This thread has images

Hello all, this map is out of Beta Stage now and has been heavily updated in all areas. Thanks to the 23000 plus players that have played MU_Nightmare_Church and the people that have showed support. The map is at Final/Stable Stage, more Information...

That_Mapper 1 reading
1 Hour Ago
by FunnyStarRunner Go to last post
4 222
csharp

Winner x 45

Source Multi-Tool ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Source Multi-Tool is meant as a replacement to Valves Source SDK Launcher. Current features: * Launch hammer for any game or mod * customConfig, a way for you to setup hammer for mods and Garrys mod and even lets you choose what content to mount! *...

wazanator 2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by kittykaty Go to last post
86 8,745
QUESTION

Map totally crapped.

Hello all, I edited a map which was no problem for the first 3 compiles. The map looks perfectly. Then I added soms things. Saved it and started compiling ofcourse it crashed (always happens when I'n editing in jammer too long). So I openend Hammer...

Darrell 2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Darrell Go to last post
16 313
Shitpost

What the best way to make a map? #debate

So there's a lot of ways on how you can create a map, some says "find a picture from google" and then tries to imitate that photo. Or is it better going just with your own imagination? And how do you start out? Do you start with the bare bottom,...

2 Hours Ago
by TehOwnageFish Go to last post
6 225
Map

Looking for Mapper for Server (Gmod)

I'm a community owner currently working on a server, and we need a custom map. The server's lore takes place in Iceland after a volcanic eruption. We'd need a rather large surface map, with details pointed out here; http://pastebin.com/Ee92QsqW. ...

Legionary74 2 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Legionary74 Go to last post
0 58
Help

Source SDK: Random Music?

Making a minigame course, but how do I make music randomly play when you spawn. I have 3 songs, in which every round one song will play, and it will randomyl select a song to play.

4 Hours Ago
by Dexter127 Go to last post
1 67
Help

Space/Sci-fi maps for SFM?

I've been thinking of doing some Sci-fi themed SFM posters and possibly other works, but I've yet to find any good ones. I think I've done a thread like this here, but it's been so long and I looked around to try and find it again but to no luck.

7 Hours Ago
by racerfan Go to last post
6 230
Help

Looking For A Mapper

I need a mapper for a gamemode creation team. We already have 2 coders. We make Gamemodes for coder hire and split the profit. if intrested add me on skype at shane92399

8 Hours Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
2 176
POST YOUR

First Map This thread has images

This thread has been gone for a while, so I decided to resurrect it. I always end up laughing when I see somebody's first map (no offense) 1.If you can post a photo (or two) of your map (finished or unfinished) 2.Give a description of what the map is...

10 Hours Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
20 548
YouTUBE

Ambient Maps Project

Hey guys! I'm not new to the community, but rather new to posting. So bare with me if this is a little awful :v: Apart from mapping, I work with my buddy Detective Nigbone on the show that him and I produce. Primarily though, I'm a mapper. I figured...

JG215 1 reading
14 Hours Ago
by DemonDog Go to last post
5 476
Map

Cannot find a map.

I am looking for a version of EvoCity that I cannot find anywhere. All the other versions I have downloaded contain a very undetailed syndicate tower. The version I am thinking of has a huge tower with an elevator that has glass on 3 sides, and passes a...

19 Hours Ago
by alexcentaur Go to last post
4 131
Map

gm_ordnance_v1 This thread has images

Good news everyone! I've updated my long forgotten about map, that was broken and/or buggy for quite some time as well as added a few requested new features! For those of you unfamiliar with this map, it is basically a giant stretch of land with a...

Citizen_001 1 reading
20 Hours Ago
by Citizen_001 Go to last post
19 3,511
Help

Compiling issue, extremely short compile

** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program ...

20 Hours Ago
by =(E)=AndromK Go to last post
34 490
Help

Mapping King x 37

Opinions on this City map please? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

So I'm nearing completion of my city map finally but I kinda want some opinions from the general public of gmod about it. The maps brush geometry is pretty much full right now so I don't have any room for expansion there. What are some things I can...

Statua 2 reading
1 Day Ago
by Statua Go to last post
59 2,382
Help

I need help setting up Hammer Editor | It's crazy if you help me out ;D This thread has images

Over the last 5 days or something I've constantly tried to fix my Hammer Editor for Garrysmod. All the tutorials I've found doesn't seem to work and if you would actually take your time to help me out i would really appriciate it. But then again, why...

1 Day Ago
by Jackathan Go to last post
5 152
beta

The Condominium Collab ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last ) This thread has images

Choose a Apartment and decorate it as you want to. Decorate the apartment as you want, choose more than one and break the walls to make a bigger apartment, Choose one and the same of the above floor and make a duplex apartment. You will give life...

1 Day Ago
by TheNerdPest14 Go to last post
270 11,220
Help

Compiling Takes for Ages. ( CS:GO -> SFM )

Hello all, i've decompiled some CS:GO Maps then converted materials into older version ( CS:S / HL2 etc ), it works all fine in the CS:S's Hammer, but when i compile it the time is just insane on "PortalFlow", once i've tried to compile single map and it...

1 Day Ago
by KronicTiger Go to last post
4 180
Help

Map fails to compile from hammer

Hello everyone, I just started using Hammer to make some simple maps. The first thing I did was just build a hollow cube and put an info_player_start entity inside. Of course, I wanted to test this, so I pressed F9 to run the map. The problem is, no...

1 Day Ago
by galika1080 Go to last post
2 116
QUESTION

[Hammer] Possible to use L4D2 Entities in HL2-EP2 Editor?

Hey guys, i have a little question Is it possible to use the "Left 4 dead 2" entities in "HL2 Ep2" editor or is there a way to port them? as example i need the "beam_spotlight" entity from L4D2 for some maps but its just available in the l4d2/newer...

1 Day Ago
by Grenade Man Go to last post
2 87
Work In Progress

Compile Pal - Easily configurable map compiling This thread has images

Compile Pal is a wrapper for the source map compiling tools that provides easy configuration as well as overall UI. It was inspired by VBCT and serves to be an easier to use replacement with improvements such as: Fast configuration management:...

1 Day Ago
by ruarai Go to last post
0 141
beta

fof_depot (Fistful of Frags map)

Download Links: - No need for download links, the map is official. Get the game here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630 I decided to make a thread for this in the mapping section so I don't pollute the FoF thread in the Valve games section....

1 Day Ago
by residntevl Go to last post
12 951
Release

gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct_v2 This thread has images

Hugeflatconstruct v2 is a continuation of a map made in 2010, by Phoenix Storms. it's a larger version of gm_construct. Night version coming soon! Workshop Link (images at the bottom of the post) ----------------------------------- FEATURES:...

1 Day Ago
by noobcake Go to last post
2 232
Map

Blender to GMOD, problem : Can't find steam app user info.

Hello ! At first, please, excuse my language, I don't speak english very well. I'm making this thread because I've got a lot of problems for exporting a model I made in Blender to GMOD. I export it in .smd, made the .qc and etc, but I just can't...

1 Day Ago
by Firegod522 Go to last post
12 275
Help

Question regarding timelapses

Hey! So I was wondering: how do they do it? Like you have a video of a certain spot, changing with every frame with new changes made by the level designer. How do you make it so that you always have the same points of view when making screenshots of...

Exi
2 Days Ago
by Exi Go to last post
3 120
Release

Mapping King x 24

de_lumber

Hello, everyone. It took me quite some time, but I've finally completed my first CS:GO map. "de_lumber takes place in a rainy, rundown lumber mill. The terrorists are seeking collection money from John Parker, owner of the mill. Blowing up his only...

2 Days Ago
by Dr.Cola Go to last post
13 832
Map

Mapping King x 35

[TF2] Trade_Hyrule_Market WIP ( 2 Last )

The map has been renamed, (more infos later) Here is a video (robotortoise made it, thanks to him): I will update this post whenever I made some progress. *Thx to robotortoise for providing me the models from the game.

Litronom 2 reading
3 Days Ago
by Lone_Engineer Go to last post
65 6,838
Map

Mapping King x 33

[INFO] Clocktown Version 2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 10 11 12 13 Last ) This thread has images

As many of you know, Fluxmage released trade_clocktown_b1 just last year: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1133972 . My friends and I have been working on trade_clocktown_b2 for a few months now it's finished. WARNING: CLICK DIRECT DOWNLOAD...

3 Days Ago
by Mattwo Go to last post
512 55,338
Help

Where can i get a road decals pack This thread has images

I'm looking for a road decals pack that contains arrows, cyclist only and some other decals Where would i get some like that Also would anyone happen to have a texture or decal like this

3 Days Ago
by Grenade Man Go to last post
1 116
Stupid

Lights.rad not working. Again.

Previously I had this problem where I could not get hammer to load custom lights.rad values, and the stock values worked even with the original file deleted. Now I switched configuration for a few days to work on maps for other games and well, nothing...

3 Days Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
5 172
Map

Trigger Sounds.

How would I go about making something trigger a sound. I have a little experience in hammer and would love to know how to do this.

3 Days Ago
by onebit Go to last post
1 86
QUESTION

Select brushes and make individually func_breakable

Is it possible to select many brushes and make them all func_breakable (individually not all linked together). When you select a large amount and do CTRL + T and set func_breakable, they all break if one is hit. What's the best way to do this? Just to...

4 Days Ago
by Crypt19 Go to last post
5 124
Help

Detailsprites since Steampipe

Hello, i can't get grass to show in my compiled Episode 2 maps. Have detail sprites been broken since Steampipe? My .vmt: Anybody know a workaround? I use the Hammer in the "Half-Life 2/bin" folder.

4 Days Ago
by Dmx6 Go to last post
2 83
Map

hammer skybox and lighting error: Video and Compile log

http://youtu.be/92UTufbnp14 Video says all. i am willing to try almost anything COMPILE LOGS:

4 Days Ago
by unit134scpd Go to last post
9 107
QUESTION

Breakable Wall

What's the best way to make a breakable wall that breaks into many pieces when shot? Would you simply cut up a wall with the clipping tool and then assign func_breakable to them all, or is there an easier way?

4 Days Ago
by Semajnad Go to last post
12 400
Map

(hldm) homeworld This thread has images

re-release of a old map I made in 2001 (lotw@planethalflife.com), if you still/enjoy playing hldm have a look at this one :) good for 10-20 people, 2v2 tdm or 1on1, good to play in AG-mod 2 long jumps, jump pads, teleporters and a few fun secrets ...

4 Days Ago
by invalidnick Go to last post
6 483