Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Help

Dumb x 79

Valve Games and Mods Section Rules (READ THESE BEFORE POSTING OR MAKING THREADS)

First, you need to read the General Games Section rules, which all apply here. Here are the rules specific to the Valve Games and Mods section: • This is NOT the place to post GMOD related threads. If you need help with GMOD, click here to be...

18th May 2011
by rilez Go to last post
0 9,930
games

Funny x 22

Brutal Half-Life ( 2 Last )

I didn't see anything about this posted, so forgive me if I missed it http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-half-life Just stumbled across this and it looks pretty damn cool. My god, the fucking Gluon effect. ...

Bloodshot12 • 4 reading
8 Minutes Ago
by Sidd Roxe Go to last post
41 3,935
Work In Progress

Winner x 104

Half-Life 2: Enhancement Mod (V5) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 206 207 208 209 Last ) This thread has images

Half-Life 2: Enhancement mod, is dedicated to making HL2 look the best it can, while adding a few new gameplay additions to freshen up the experience. http://i1.minus.com/j3gD2tmDN39SJ.png...

Fat-Corgi-Guy • 36 reading
9 Minutes Ago
8,345 675,304
NSFW

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive v2 "Red AUG gives you wings" ( 2 3 4 5 .. 340 341 342 343 Last ) This thread has images

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is an online first-person shooter developed by Valve Corporation and Hidden Path Entertainment, who also maintained Counter-Strike: Source after its release. It is the fourth game in the Counter-Strike franchise, excluding...

leach139 • 15 reading
15 Minutes Ago
by NuclearDwarf Go to last post
13,701 535,306
games

Winner x 250

The Half-Life 1 Alpha leak ( 2 3 4 5 .. 34 35 36 37 Last ) This thread has images

oh dear http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1665n3/update_finally_got_a_copy_of_that_half_life_alpha/ So a week ago on reddit, this guy posts saying he has this disc that was given to gaming journalists back in 1997 as an early demo of the...

postal • 5 reading
29 Minutes Ago
1,470 153,429
Steam

Half-Life & Portal series, general discussion (v5) ( 2 3 4 5 .. 164 165 166 167 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Half-Life and Portal series general discussion thread! I noticed nobody remade this thread yet so I went ahead and did it. THREAD RULES AND GUIDELINES 1. Half Life (and Portal) general items ONLY - exceptions towards events valve are...

supersoldier58 • 6 reading
2 Hours Ago
by OrYgin Go to last post
6,654 473,825
Work In Progress

Winner x 24

Half-Life VR (Mod) ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hi everyone! I thought there may be some interest here in a mod we've been working on for Half-Life 2. We've added 1:1 weapon handling using the Razer Hydra and made a whole bunch of tweaks and changes to try and turn our favourite game into the best...

WormSlayer • 1 reading
4 Hours Ago
by Bitl Go to last post
49 3,607
Art

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Skins & Models ( 2 3 4 5 .. 10 11 12 13 Last ) This thread has images

I've seen some really good custom models and skins produced for CS:GO, but never collected in a purely dedicated thread. Use this thread to post your WIPs and final products. Here's a few examples of stuff I've got in the pipeline. Orange Fire,...

Snood_1990 • 4 reading
4 Hours Ago
by Pyroknight Go to last post
484 29,007
Love

Winner x 20

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Items and Raffle Thread v1 Here have a Doomkitty ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

Free Items and Raffles Thread V1 Rules: *Make sure to link your steam account to your facepunch account for easier item delivery. *Use rating for raffles, and choose a winner with http://www.random.org/. Don't make "post to enter" raffles, they only...

13 Hours Ago
by SXBIG Go to last post
340 21,459
Steam

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive —•TRADING THREAD v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last ) This thread has images

Banner by Qwerty Trade keys/cases/skins from the latest update here. 1) - White (Common) - Consumer grade 2) - Light blue (Uncommon) - Industrial grade 3) - Darker blue (Rare) - Mil-spec 4) - Purple (Mythical) - Restricted 5) - Pinkish purple...

18 Hours Ago
by Axem Blue Go to last post
261 15,205
Help

Garry's Mod Virus?--HELP

The Other Day, I was on a Garry's Mod Server, and randomly in game I kept hearing cough sounds and my chat said "*Cough*". My friend said this was a serious virus going around on Garry's Mod. He told me to shut down Gmod and Verify Garrys mod files by...

18 Hours Ago
by wickedplayer494 Go to last post
1 328
html

'Last online ...' inquiry.

What does it mean when a friend's 'last online' status shows a different time in your friendslist (i.e. 20 minutes) than on his steam community profile (i.e. 32 minutes)? Is there any connection between this and blocking / appearing offline, or anything...

23 Hours Ago
by spectator1 Go to last post
3 283
pc games

Black Mesa Source V5 - "They're still working on Xen?" ( 2 3 4 5 .. 23 24 25 26 Last ) This thread has images

FINALLY RELEASED Download Black Mesa Overview: The concept for a remake of Half-Life started in 2004 when a group of modders and displeased fans decided Half-Life: Source was a bad port and didn't make full use of the Source Engine's capabilities....

tempunary • 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by Tuskin Go to last post
1,023 102,436
Steam

Valve / Steam / Steambox, General Discussion v1.0 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 82 83 84 85 Last ) This thread has images

This thread is for general Valve / Steam / Steambox discussion.

DevinWatson • 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by ashrobhoy Go to last post
3,365 226,504
Gross

Funny x 53

Find the worst steam profile V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 25 26 27 28 Last ) This thread has images

Last one got closed, nobody has done a new one http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067931499 As the title says, post the worst profile you've found

iRunner • 4 reading
1 Day Ago
by A Sock Accnt Go to last post
1,113 93,960
Steam

Steam Windows theme - preview ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

I've started making a Steam themed Visual Style for Windows. I want to keep it simple, but I'd welcome any and all suggestions you'd like to see in the final version. The theme will include: - A visual style - Wallpaper - Icons with template

1 Day Ago
by Havolis Go to last post
93 5,570
Release

Winner x 39

Half-Life in 21 minutes - this sunday! ( 2 Last )

The greatest speedrun ever is released! Damn, they are gods (except Yalter:v:) Also here's first chapter

TheMostUpset • 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by UnrealCanine Go to last post
43 3,033
pc games

Garry's Mod DirectX file needing update

I bought garry's mod a few days ago and when i finished downloading it, it gave me a error saying that i need to update directx i updated it and still get the same error.i have realized that the problem comes from the dll if it isn't too much to ask could...

1 Day Ago
by Ken Chan Go to last post
23 657
Steam

Anarchy Arcade (Giving away free games all Wednesday to promote it) This thread has images

Hey everybody. My Source engine game/program Anarchy Arcade was greenlit a couple months ago and I'm now raising the money that I need to license it through a Kickstarter campaign. If you like reading, check out the Kickstarter page. Otherwise,...

2 Days Ago
by Vipes Go to last post
19 1,409
Humor

Winner x 100

Jaykin' Bacon: Episode 3 - 'I'M NOT A HOBO' edition. Featuring the talents of all the COOL Facepunch mods! ( 2 3 4 5 .. 13 14 15 16 Last ) This thread has images

ADD OUR MODDB PAGE TO YOUR WATCH LIST: http://www.moddb.com/mods/jaykin-bacon-episode-three <==== For a few MONTHS now jimbomcb, myself, and a bunch of other schmucks have been making our own sequel to Jaykin Bacon for half-life 2 (Yes, it's actually...

3 Days Ago
by PeachyFennec Go to last post
609 54,933
YouTUBE

Lucky shot on de_nuke

Enjoy this lucky shot ahah can t put the video on the post idk why =\ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ExeL2uysY

4 Days Ago
by BSkin Go to last post
2 318
Work In Progress

Winner x 63

Black Mesa: Insecurity ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

"You have played the Hero, You have played the villain, this time your stuck right in the middle." - Blue-Shift trailer 2001. Black-Mesa: Insecurity is the recreation of Half-Life's Blue-Shift based on the critically acclaimed Black-Mesa community mod...

1 Week Ago
by skyms2663 Go to last post
162 18,927
Map

js_build_puzzle maps

so me and my buddies have been playing these about one or two a day and we've been having loadsa fun with them, but some of them are broken and crash the server when something happens. does anyone know where I can get the latest versions of these maps?...

1 Week Ago
by Sally Go to last post
5 1,057
pc games

Winner x 52

Blade Symphony is now on the Portal 2 Engine ( 2 3 4 Last ) This thread has images

Anybody remember the Fighting-game-source-mod-turned-legit-source-game "Blade Symphony"? They've been quiet for about a year due to legal procedures with them obtaining a source engine license. They've finally gotten past that stage and have recently...

1 Week Ago
by KindredP Go to last post
139 12,865
Work In Progress

Winner x 120

Source 2 believed to be in development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 32 33 34 35 Last ) This thread has images

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/exclusive-next-gen-source-2-engine-is-in-development.215336/ Now I don't know if this is true but holy shit if it is

1 Week Ago
by EndOfTheWorld Go to last post
1,392 129,525
News

Operation Black Mesa V2- post-Greenlight era This thread has images

Hello everyone, I hope nobody mind me creating brand new thread for our project, since the original thread is screaming "the mod is dead" in it's original post and I found it kinda not so good for us and confusing (and it's far from being true) :). We...

1 Week Ago
by ColossalSoft Go to last post
24 2,223
beta

My old Repository

Decided to assemble a repository of old sweets. All of this can be found at internet, but when it is in one place - convenient. Beta Counter-Strike + HL client. With a few dedicated servers. hl2-beta.ru repository. 3Wave CTF (unfinished convert...

1 Week Ago
by IntenseBarney Go to last post
17 1,357
QUESTION

Question about DLC bundles

I'm thinking about getting the Sleeping dogs DLC bundle, but I already own quite a few of the items. If I buy the bundle, will steam cut off a bit of the price or will it still be the 30 dollars or so? please excuse me if this is a dumb question, i've...

1 Week Ago
by ProfHappycat7 Go to last post
3 199
Help

TF2 Dedicated Server not accepting external connections

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm out of ideas. I used to host a dedicated server until I re-installed Windows 7. I also installed a second router (which I am connecting through) in 'waterfall mode' so the connection is extended from the...

1 Week Ago
by Zenamez Go to last post
0 133
QUESTION

Late x 52

Half-life 2 Cut Content - Is it me or dose the cut content look better than what we got? ( 2 3 4 5 .. 42 43 44 45 Last ) This thread has images

I don't know if its me, But why was Half life 2 cut content like this complete cut. even after playing threw one of the betas i don't understand why they remove it. Some images i took in 2010

2 Weeks Ago
by Sally Go to last post
1,789 128,538
Work In Progress

Winner x 36

Half-Life 2 Beta: Deathmatch V1: Stress Test. ( 2 3 4 5 .. 7 8 9 10 Last ) This thread has images

Hi, Now, you may know that I posted some weapon development pictures for the game in the programming section. Now, it is released as a stress test, only 3 weapons are in the game untill I release the Beta, which would be before the release. If you...

Bitl • 1 reading
2 Weeks Ago
by chipsnapper2 Go to last post
381 27,446
pc games

The "Steam game-swap" thread - 'Exchange your games for other games' V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

I feel guilty for closing the last thread, so I'll repost. A lot of people still trade often in here so I felt like I should make the second thread for trading purposes to avoid the section being cluttered with threads. This thread is for...

2 Weeks Ago
by MaikkiBoi Go to last post
459 15,981
Steam

Winner x 57

Nox Aeterna [A Psychological/Survival Horror Source Modification] ( 2 3 4 5 Last ) This thread has images

Hey there, just outta let you know that this is my first mod that I have have been slowly developing since September, and I think it's about time I let the word out. The mod is set in the Half-Life universe, mostly because it's my first mod and I didn't...

2 Weeks Ago
by werewolf0020 Go to last post
190 21,780
beta

Artistic x 73

Conscript- A PC/PSP game based on an alternate Hl2 beta universe ( 2 3 4 5 .. 19 20 21 22 Last ) This thread has images

(PSP screens) The point of the game is to have an awesome pre-retail hl2 feeling, and the bonus psp version to fill your portable needs

2 Weeks Ago
by uaredead2020 Go to last post
876 78,591
Help

Steam refuses to upload any screenshots This thread has images

I got a problem with Steam and it's really starting to bothering me. I didn't have this problem before but it showed up like two days ago and now it won't go away. The problem is that I can't upload any screenshots to Steam Cloud anymore. I really have...

2 Weeks Ago
by Wormy Go to last post
5 342
Love

Could someone Gift me Insurgency? Will pay back in 1 Week!

So basically, Insurgency is on sale right now, and one of my friends really wants me to get it (has done for a while) However I'm currently stuck, I have no money until the end of the week. Would some wonderful person be willing to gift it to me and I...

2 Weeks Ago
by solid_jake Go to last post
3 413
News

Winner x 92

SourceForts 2 ( 2 3 4 5 6 Last ) This thread has images

It's been a long time coming, but development of SourceForts 2 is finally underway. In case you've never heard of SourceForts, you can see the Wikipedia's article, and trailers for the previous versions here and here. It was originally released as a free...

2 Weeks Ago
by AtomicSans Go to last post
209 15,038
Steam

Left 4 Dead - Discussion V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 29 30 31 32 Last ) This thread has images

Left 4 Dead Released November 17, 2008 Survivors DLC Survival Pack, April 21, 2009 Crash Course, September 29, 2009 The Sacrifice, October 5, 2010

2 Weeks Ago
by MaddaCheeb Go to last post
1,240 78,918
Work In Progress

Winner x 24

Zombie Master 2 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Zombie Master 2 is a multiplayer RTS/ FPS hybrid utilizing Valve's Source 2013 engine. Players are thrust into the middle of a zombie apocalypse, forced to search the remnants of their world for weapons and equipment in order to remain alive. One player...

2 Weeks Ago
by SonicHitman Go to last post
56 3,404
games

Wilson Chronicles : A mod for Half-Life 2 This thread has images

ADD OUR MODDB PAGE TO YOUR WATCH LIST: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wilson-chronicles <==== WILSONCHRONICLES is a french mod created by Eaglesg and developped by Frere D'Arme You are the Major Darren Wilson; working in the Military Research Division of...

3 Weeks Ago
by Pigbear Go to last post
18 1,835
Help

Crash on start up when launching Opposing Force (Fatal Error)

Everytime I try and start up Opposing Force, it crashes on start up with the error message "Fatal error W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad". I have tried verifying the game files, reinstalling the game, reinstalling Half-Life and then Opposing Force...

3 Weeks Ago
by Dominic0904 Go to last post
3 242