Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
beta

Optimistic x 70

SECTION RULES - POST SMALL QUESTIONS IN THE RESPECTIVE THREAD OR GET BANNED!

What this section is for: -Getting help choosing parts for a computer -Getting help building a computer -Getting help with prebuilts -Getting help with laptops What to put in your thread (if you're looking for help on a build): -Budget -Games...

14th June 2009
by lazyV Go to last post
0 13,368
Help

1st build, would love some feedback.

So this would be my first computer build, I have kind of picked these parts based on what I want and what my roommate has. Case: Rosewill Challenger w/3 fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153 Processor: AMD FX-8350...

eomsten 2 reading
11 Hours Ago
by taipan Go to last post
8 139
pc games

Opinion for gaming rig ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I need quick suggestion guys. If i wanted a high end gaming rig, what are your opinions on these processor and graphic card? Graphic: Sapphire R9 290 Core: core i5-4570 3.2 ghz Need suggestion/opinion quick guys. Share your wisdom

12 Hours Ago
by kaze4159 Go to last post
46 812
QUESTION

Upgrade help for AMD-apu powered pc?

So I've got a AMD A10-6800K running on a AsRock FM2A85X Extreme4 with 24gb of DDR3 ram @ 1600MHz (2x4GB + 2x8GB running in dual-channel) and I'm considering adding in some graphics cards & a SSD. Any tips for an amateur builder on what cards I should use?...

16 Hours Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
7 218
Computers

What graphics card should i go with?

Hello guys! Um i have a question about graphics cards. Should i go GTX cards Or Radeon cards? Now please if you're biased towards one of these cards and you're like a fanboy or something please dont even bother replying. Anyway's yeah i had already been...

21 Hours Ago
by Triot Go to last post
3 122
pc games

solved $1000 gaming rig, 1st build

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting a rig as my birthday present, but is this a good one? PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($192.99 @ NCIX US) CPU Cooler: Cooler...

1 Day Ago
by Spectre1406 Go to last post
32 875
Computers

First Time Build, Feedback would be nice. Thanks. :D

Hey Guys! So i decided to build my very own gaming pc because lets face it.. prebuilt gaming pc's are WAY to expensive for me at least espesially alienware and stuff like that, Anyway if you guys could give me you're feedback on this build...

1 Day Ago
by Triot Go to last post
5 89
Computers

First time help\

how is this for my first pc build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9n7NBm

1 Day Ago
by Triot Go to last post
3 101
QUESTION

Just got a GTX 670 and I'm not sure whether to upgrade my CPU, or overclock my current one. This thread has images

My current specs are: GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad, Q6600, 2.4GHz RAM: 4GB OS: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit I'm basically wondering whether overclocking my current CPU to, say, 3GHz - 3.2GHz would be a viable...

1 Day Ago
by Triot Go to last post
5 168
Computers

Thinking about replacing my AMD Radeon HD 6850

The video card that I have will soon be dated, and I want something that can keep my computer chugging along with some upcoming games coming out. Here's what I have in my computer so far. CPU: AMD FX 4100 4-core CPU at 3.6GHZ Motherboard: ASUS M5A97...

1 Day Ago
by Hakaida666 Go to last post
2 103
Computers

Processor difference?

I'm upgrading my processor and had a question. If I upgrade to the Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (clocked at 2.33GHz) and put in a GTX 750ti, will I be able to run games such as Fable Anniversary, Fallout: NV, Borderlands 2 on lowest/normal settings on a...

1 Day Ago
by Grizzly2k13 Go to last post
15 358
QUESTION

CPU Replacement. This thread has images

At the moment my current CPU is preforming very badly and I've been saving up for a new one for some time. I've finally got enough (250) to buy a CPU and I think I've found the right one. It's this. I don't know much about PC building and what I...

1 Day Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
24 430
Help

Got jog, so you know what that means....time for a another PC build thread. (Max about 800) ( 2 Last )

So, this will be a over time build as I have other priorities. So with that said, my max will be 800, but I can push to 1000~1300 if need be. However, if you can get it lower, that'd be awesome (without getting a ATI card, thx). PCPartPicker part list...

1 Day Ago
by Sodisna Go to last post
45 943
Computers

Help my friend build a gaming PC

Hey all, I've got a friend who's looking to get a new PC around christmas, but he's confused on what parts to get it. His budget is at least $900, but he might be able to go a little higher if he needs to. He already has a keyboard and mouse, but doesn't...

2 Days Ago
by kuzimoto Go to last post
10 246
Request

Suggestion for a new case?

About a year and a half ago I ended up getting a pre-made computer. The PC itself is fine and it runs really great, my only problem is that the case is the loudest I've ever heard. There are 3 fans, front, back and top. I don't know why but no matter...

3 Days Ago
by Zephyrs Go to last post
4 165
Computers

Looking for a new Gaming Desktop.

My current Desktop is getting pretty old and slow so i saved up some Money to get myself a new shiny Pc. The Case is not really important and can be cheap. The Budget is 2000 ~ 2500 $

3 Days Ago
by Kogyaru Go to last post
14 299
Computers

Searching for a Gaming laptop

I'm searching for a laptop which can play the odd games, I'll also be doing some Photoshop and video editing, here's some information; - Budget: 500-550 - Location: UK - Usage: Gaming (such as LoL, World of Tanks, Path of Exile), Photo...

5 Days Ago
by fishyfish777 Go to last post
2 151
Computers

GTX vs Sapphire, i5 vs i7

Some people commented that sapphire can have some performance issues, and GTX can perform well in long stretch of time with stable performance. Not sure to get GTX 970 or 980, or should i even considered sapphire series? Need you guys occult hardware...

5 Days Ago
11 263
Computers

solved Intel i5 2500k vs Intel i5 3570k

So, my old CPU Intel G840 has come to the end of it's lifespan. I've been looking for a new CPU and I've come up with the i5 series because those fit in my budget. Is there difference between the i5 2500k and the i5 3570k. I chose the K series because i...

5 Days Ago
by Del91 Go to last post
1 140
Computers

Looking for a Gaming Laptop

So I'm in search of a new gaming laptop. Here's info to help: Budget: $1,500 Location: USA Games: - Warframe - League of Legends - Others as they come and go.

6 Days Ago
by Titanium Knigh7 Go to last post
5 205
Computers

Switching from AMD processor to Intel 200-300 budget

So I am looking at switching from an AMD processor to an Intel processor. I've been told that I need to buy another motherboard to install an Intel CPU after having an AMD CPU. I'm doing this because my GPU (Nvidia Geforce GTX 770) is being bottlenecked...

6 Days Ago
by Sonicscully Go to last post
6 168
Computers

Need Help on building a computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MyMTjX is what i'm gonna buy. this is the first time i'll be building a pc on my own so can anyone give me a good link that can help me build it like step by step or something lol

6 Days Ago
by Dawnkiller Go to last post
1 118
Computers

8350 - Switching to Intel?

Hey again, Recently I've been debating the pros and cons of remaining in the AMD camp - I've only ever bought AMD chipsets, and for the most part they've been pretty good. I recently dropped in an 8350 and booted up Planetside 2, which is apparently a...

6 Days Ago
by Triot Go to last post
6 217
Computers

700 - 800 PC build

Hi, My PC is getting date and generally shit. I already have a mouse, keyboard and monitor. Can you spec me a decent GAMING PC for 700 - 800 please?

6 Days Ago
by Triot Go to last post
15 362
Shitpost

solved Budget CPU/mobo/RAM combo

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my CPU, mobo and RAM. I don't do anything too intensive, but my current CPU is a C2D E4500 which is the worst CPU ever. I'm just wondering, is there any combination of those parts that's better for the same price in Canada...

6 Days Ago
by ShaunOfTheLive Go to last post
13 281
Computers

Mini ITX Build

Hi Guys, Planning on building my girlfriend a mini itx gaming computer. Any recommendations on keeping this more towards 500? Thanks :D http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/393461

1 Week Ago
by Triot Go to last post
1 163
Help

Do you reckon a CX500 will pull a Intel Core i5-4690K + 7850? This thread has images

Hello. Looking to upgrade the mobo and CPU in this rig but I'm on a tight budget this month and wont be able to grab a better powersupply and I'm a bit worried that it might not pull it. Well aware that the 7850 is a hefty bottleneck, this rig isn't...

1 Week Ago
12 405
Help

$1,000 Gaming Desktop

I'm looking to get a Gaming Desktop computer, and I want to get the individual parts. Answers to the standard questions: -Budget $1,000 Max -Games that you'll play/Applications you'll use I want to be able to play current AAA games on at least...

1 Week Ago
by RandomGamer342 Go to last post
5 326
Help

i7 4790 vs 4790k This thread has images

Hi, I recently ordered a 4790 for 213. However someone said I should have gone for the k version. I am able to get a refund at the store - supposedly - and considered buying the k version but that's an extra 40. I don't plan on...

1 Week Ago
by Wickerman123 Go to last post
13 292
Poll

PC Build Final Check

Feel kinda shitty going here for advice, however I know only a little about pc parts and jack all about building and making sure one is efficient. I'm ordering parts soon but i'd love a final run down from you guys, since from what i've read most of you...

1 Week Ago
3 266
Computers

solved Preping for a Future Project

Sup guys, So this is my second time coming here for some PC building help. I'm looking into building a hyper-good gaming PC without budget constraints. This plan means I will be getting parts little by little or saving for bulk. However, I would like...

1 Week Ago
by Triot Go to last post
11 343
Help

Upgrading GPU from Integrated Graphics?

I'm clueless about the actual GPU market (meaningless numbers, etc), and I just needed some help in terms of making a choice for a new GPU to replace the integrated Intel graphics. Specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz GPU:...

1 Week Ago
by Zombie Strider Go to last post
21 430
Politics

The minimum gaming PC complete package?

I've had a few friends ask me for the bare minimum PC to move away from console gaming and it got me to thinking. I grew up playing games on first an iMac G3 then a Mac Mini G4, so I got along with low settings on relatively poor resolution monitors....

1 Week Ago
by Triot Go to last post
7 344
Computers

Considering some changes in my build.

So I'm looking at changing up my build a bit because I'm bored with it. I've got back and forth on what to do, or if building a secondary system is a better choice, and I haven't decided yet but I'd like to get all my options down. At the moment I'm...

1 Week Ago
2 195
Love

Best 200-300$ laptop?

My friend knows basically nothing about buying/using computers and his laptop took a trip to broken town this weekend, so he turned to me. I've always been in the desktop game myself, so I decided I'd take it to you folks to recommend the best laptop out...

1 Week Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
7 234
Computers

Thoughts on mini itx build? This thread has images

Hello. I wish to build a mini ITX pc for myself, and I have gathered a rough list of the parts I wish to get. I wonder if I could get some tips and thoughts of the parts I have gathered as I have very limited knowledge when it comes to pc parts. With...

1 Week Ago
by ulvemann43 Go to last post
4 172
Help

solved Build for Witcher 3

Yes, I am a big fan of Witcher series and 3 is coming out and I know my computer won't be able to play it, Possibly on low OR MAYBEH JUST MAYBEH...Medium, but really, I want to see those beautiful graphics, I know it's not what makes a game but come on, a...

1 Week Ago
7 286
Computers

What do you think of my build? This thread has images

AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor $142 Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $114.99 G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $73.80 Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $88.97 MSI GeForce GTX 760 4GB...

1 Week Ago
by ajcalara Go to last post
7 210
Help

Aiming to upgrade, possibly a whole new rig - Budget of 650 maximum This thread has images

Current setup. It's a pre-built acer piece of crap. I'm thinking of just getting a new motherboard, GPU and case (mobo has no PCI slots and case is tiny) but if it would be too much of a bottleneck I'll go for a new setup if anyone can provide one. ...

1 Week Ago
by mib999 Go to last post
1 138
Computers

solved $800 Gaming PC.

Hi. I am building a computer with $800. What I already have is a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Someone please tell me a good build with windows 7 as my OS.

1 Week Ago
by ajcalara Go to last post
0 179
QUESTION

solved Will these parts work together?

Hello people of facepunch. I was wondering if these parts would all work together. (I am buying these on the budget of around $1500) Power Supply: Corsair CX750M GPU: 2 x msi geforce gtx 970 (sli)

1 Week Ago
by recnic Go to last post
5 179