Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
beta

Optimistic x 70

SECTION RULES - POST SMALL QUESTIONS IN THE RESPECTIVE THREAD OR GET BANNED!

What this section is for: -Getting help choosing parts for a computer -Getting help building a computer -Getting help with prebuilts -Getting help with laptops What to put in your thread (if you're looking for help on a build): -Budget -Games...

14th June 2009
by lazyV Go to last post
0 12,281
Help

[HELP] I need a decent Graphics Card

So my specs are: GIGABYTE 78LMT-S2P Motherboard PCI-E 2.0 x16 8GB DDR3 RAM Radeon HD6450 (HD my ass) 500w Power Supply I am looking for a decent card to play games with with a fairly good amount of highish quality textures at playable...

2 Hours Ago
by Yuzing0 Go to last post
35 623
QUESTION

Building a rival to next-gen consoles (UK) This thread has images

I am finally upgrading my PC, and I would like something that is not too expensive (~400) while providing similar or better levels of performance. I already have things like the HDD, case and PSU sorted, and I know what RAM and GPU I would buy (GTX 750Ti...

4 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
33 398
QUESTION

Home virtualization server [Low power build] This thread has images

Hey guys, Recently I posted about a mid-high end build for running games and virtual machines (http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1336348). New developments with work made me realize that I never game anymore and only do testing at home. So my new...

18 Hours Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
7 110
Computers

Need a new graphics card in 250$ price range This thread has images

Title says it all, currently have an AMD Radeon hd 6750. So I guess another AMD would be the best choice for an upgrade? Computer is a stock model: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-FX6860-UR20P-Gaming-Desktop-Black/dp/B0050JSJU4

21 Hours Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
26 363
Computers

Friend's Budget Game Build This thread has images

Hi, my friend wants to start PC gaming this Summer, and asked me. He has a 450 dollar budget and wants to play Fallout: New Vegas modded and some FPS, maybe even Emulation. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ We will be using an extra Windows 7...

1 Day Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
20 329
Help

Getting a new PC/PC Parts in October - 1.2k Budget

Seeing that my PC is 'old' (and by Packard Bell), I've decided to get a new PC as soon as I've accumulated enough money. Newer games would probably melt both my graphics card and CPU, so I need some help on parts or full rigs for a gaming PC. What I...

1 Day Ago
by Tey Go to last post
3 122
Help

Unbearably low FPS on certain games

To start off, these are my specs: Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce...

2 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
11 235
Computers

Upgrading to a ZOTAC NVIDA 780 3GB to replace my AMD 7850, is this a logical upgrade choice with these specs? This thread has images

My CPU is currently overclocked to 4.2ghz on 1.151v My PSU is a Corsair CX600 series (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028) I am planning to upgrade to this GPU as the title says...

2 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
7 256
Computers

Need a new rig $1000ish budget ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Pretty much I need a new gaming rig, that can easily run anything for around $1000. I don't need a keyboard, Mouse, Speakers/Headphones, Hard drive, Monitor Where can I get the best deals?

2 Days Ago
by JC2Gamer1456 Go to last post
40 652
Help

Upgrading Motherboard + CPU This thread has images

I'm planning on gradually upgrading my PC as it's been about 4 years since I built it and I want to be able to run newer games. Naturally I'm starting with the motherboard and processor. My current build is: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 CPU:...

2 Days Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
7 183
Computers

Looking to buy new graphics card. Around 200 budget This thread has images

I intend to upgrade from an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series to a EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC 2048MB GDDR5. But I am not sure that is the right card? Is there anything better that I could get for the same price. Basically I want it to be able to play BF4 ultra at...

2 Days Ago
14 280
games

gaming pc budget: 1200 portugal

Hey guys i live in portugal and am currently looking for good parts for my computer for a budget of 1,200. i am looking to play battlefield 3 and 4.

2 Days Ago
3 99
Help

solved $400 Gaming Build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon) Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($53.99 @ Newegg) Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB)...

2 Days Ago
by Wingz Go to last post
25 714
Computers

Build for family

I'm looking to replace an old computer with a newer one that will hopefully last a fairly long time. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($118.97 @ OutletPC) ...

2 Days Ago
2 100
Help

$400 gaming pc

After my original pc broke down I ended up buying a macbook, however i have begun to miss being able to play games at a good fps. So i have decided to build my own, and then i realized i dont have the slightest knowledge in pc building/ computer parts....

3 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
4 214
Politics

Preparing my computer for all that next gen beauty.

So the PS4 and Xbone is out in the open world and i am pretty sure that within a year or 2-3 we will have most games on next-gen graphics, so my PC gotta be ready for that. I was thinking at a upgrade first of all, since my PC is quite decent in my...

3 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
7 216
Computers

Server Hosting PC

I have plenty of spare parts laying around and was wondering how to go about building a game server PC. I want to host games like Counter Strike, Arma 2, Garry's Mod with player bases of about 10 people. Now, here's what I have for spare parts: ...

4 Days Ago
19 260
Art

Super Kijiji Blue light special

Is this shit worth $640? Phenom II X3 720 BE (4th core unleashed and OC @ 3.6 GHz like a 955) OCZ Vendetta 2 Cooler Master Cosmos S OCZ OCZ3P16004GK DDR3 @ 1600 Asus M4A78T-E 2 X HIS 6850 in crossfire (OC @ 850 MHz like a 6870) OCZ Vertex 120GB

4 Days Ago
by Lordgeorge16 Go to last post
9 216
Computers

A new pc build

Hey guys, I will be building a new computer in maybe 2 weeks, and I made 2builds on PcPartpicker, here they are: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3o7xt (AMD FX6300, GTX 760) http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3oIyZ (i5 4670, r9 270) My budget is 600,...

6 Days Ago
4 169
Computers

''Medium Gaming PC'' ?

Hello, I want to play the most games on Medium-High but I need to buy a new PC. How much is such a PC? What PC would you think I should buy

6 Days Ago
by Troll Go to last post
25 440
Help

Need help figuring out my friend's $1.6k build This thread has images

He already has: -Keyboard -Audio -Mouse -Monitor and he currently is thinking of getting a budget new case. (Case is not included into the total)

6 Days Ago
10 203
Help

Upgrading, need to know if these parts are compatible

I'm not very good with this kind of stuff so I had a friend help me pick out some parts, I would just like for someone to confirm whether or not everything here will work together. Current build: Motherboard -...

1 Week Ago
by Npc_Hydra3 Go to last post
4 154
Computers

Critiques/Suggestions on this gaming build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.50 @ Newegg) Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX...

1 Week Ago
by Death_God Go to last post
27 340
Computers

8gb or 16gb ram

would having 8gb of ram differ in noticeable performance from 16gb of ram? I'm building a new pc and I'll use it for gaming, music production, photoshop and video editing, would i be able to notice the difference?

1 Week Ago
by based Go to last post
10 263
Computers

Computer illiterate looking for new graphics card

My video card conked out recently, and I don't really know where to go from here. I've had an HD6770 for several years now, and I want to step my shit up. I was looking at a 6850 because I found a pretty good deal on one, but I really don't know. My...

1 Week Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
19 323
Computers

Gaming College Laptop - Price range $1000-1200

Hello, I previously posted in here about gaming laptops and didnt get too much feedback on it. SO. After I did some browsing around I found a few laptops that might be good for gaming. I am just wondering what you guys or girls think about the options I...

1 Week Ago
by based Go to last post
7 164
Art

laptop for programming (work) This thread has images

I'd like to buy a laptop and take it to work; I'll be using just a text editor and a web browser ( web dev ); I'll also be running a linux distro on it (likely kubuntu); symbol country would be nice; I know nothing about laptops and I just really...

1 Week Ago
5 138
Help

Lenovo T440s

Hey guys, i've been looking for a decent laptop, and i recently came across the Lenovo T440s with a geforce graphics card ( http://shop.lenovo.com/dk/da/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/index.html ). And now i'm considering buying it, but since it's very...

1 Week Ago
by taipan Go to last post
3 150
Computers

$1,300 Gaming PC Budget - Canada

Hey, everyone. I'm about to start ordering parts for a new PC build (over the next couple months), but of all the parts I'm having difficulty settling on a motherboard. I'm wanting to SLI two GTX 760's at some point, and I don't plan on doing any serious...

1 Week Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
5 233
Computers

Arch File server/Dev machine

I need an Arch file server that I'll also ssh in to for development purposes. So it doesn't need to be powerful. What I have so far. 1 x CoolerMaster Elite 110 Mini ITX Case - $49.00ea 1 x Silverstone Strider 500W ST50F-ES - $59.00ea 1 x Western...

1 Week Ago
4 113
Computers

$600-$700 Laptop for light gaming

A friend of mine is looking to get into PC gaming a bit more. Unfortunately, their situation doesn't really allow them to use a desktop. Budget: $700 at the most. Games/Applications: Should be able to run source engine games great, especially newer...

1 Week Ago
by RoboChimp Go to last post
6 266
QUESTION

solved Looking into a new GPU and motherboard

I recently purchased a new case, now I am looking into upgrading my system a little more. My current setup: -Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus -XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V -EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) -Intel Core i5-3570K...

1 Week Ago
by Lordgeorge16 Go to last post
9 135
Computers

Second hand build

Buying a second hand computer off a friend, Going to make sure its all working and stuff first, Do you think this is worth it for 370? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3kRNr

1 Week Ago
by boshuajackman Go to last post
6 149
QUESTION

Laptop or desktop for video editing?

Hello guys, i'm on the market for a new pc, and i've been wondering, what's the best solution for me? Laptop or pc? Primarily i want to do some video editing i After Effects, and maybe also some 3ds max. So the pc needs to fulfill these needs. But i would...

1 Week Ago
by chill_dude Go to last post
6 140
Help

700 - 1000$ Gaming Computer? ( Laptop / Desktop )

I own a 2004 custom built computer and believe me, I have even troubles running flash games, so I need to change right now. Is there any laptop or desktop computers that matches my style? Budget: 700 - 1000$, not more. Games'n'Apps: Pratically being...

1 Week Ago
by Bumbanut Go to last post
1 131
School

Project- building a computer budget 1200 - PORTUGAL

Hey guys i live in portugal and am currently looking for good parts for my computer for a budget of 1,200. i am looking to play battlefield 3 and 4. i want to get a good monitor, mouse keyboard, speakers and comfortable and good headset. this computer is...

1 Week Ago
by thatguy17799 Go to last post
0 101
Computers

Custom Watercooling

I currently have a closed-loop watercooling system just to the CPU, and with upgrades and high-overclocking in the near future, I want to put together a full custom loop. I'm fairly new to watercooling so I'm not very fluent on what to get. It'd be...

1 Week Ago
5 152
pc games

$1700 gaming - what's your input?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave) Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB...

1 Week Ago
by Rybo1227 Go to last post
10 400
Help

Proposed Upgrades

So, I will soon be coming into some birthday money/saved up some money from work. I am looking to replace some of the parts I cheapened out on due to budget constraints over the 6 months I build my computer. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get...

1 Week Ago
13 212
Computers

Friend needs 300 dollar music build

My friend needs a PC for FLstudio, but only has a shit netbook. He has a 300 dollar budget. Only the tower is needed. Would an APU build with 4gbs or RAM suffice, or something else? He'll only be using it for web browsing as well as FL.

1 Week Ago
by fenwick Go to last post
19 352